2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see there being any other vehicles but I wonder if they do something like a character + summon (Tifa + Ifrit or Aerith + Shiva) or multiple main characters.

I can't see it being DLC. They took the first 6 hrs of the game and turned it into a 30-35 hr game (I'm on track to hit way more). Prob more profitable and easier to just make separate games. And you know, the original game was about 40 hrs, if they take 6 hr cuts of the original and make them into stand alone games- you'll have roughly 7 parts to this remake.
Oh now I get it. Since they made it so big, it has to be on discs. Yeah more profit definitely. Just hope they release an affordable CE this time and Tifa figurine would be nice for you know..things

Lol, the FFVII remakes will not come anywhere close to 7 games. It’ll be 3 at the very most unless it’s Square Enix’s intent to drag out development foe the next 30 years given their productivity level. The rest of FFVII is the overworld. They could just finish it off in 2. The next installment doesn’t even have a year attached to it which means it’s at least 2 years away if not 3 or more since Square Enix drops the ball all the time on project management.

Lol, the FFVII remakes will not come anywhere close to 7 games. It’ll be 3 at the very most unless it’s Square Enix’s intent to drag out development foe the next 30 years given their productivity level. The rest of FFVII is the overworld. They could just finish it off in 2. The next installment doesn’t even have a year attached to it which means it’s at least 2 years away if not 3 or more since Square Enix drops the ball all the time on project management.
Has there been any stated timeline for the rest of the game to be released? Or any info on development status, console of choice, etc? I’m concerned it’ll legitimately be quite a while down the road.

Has there been any stated timeline for the rest of the game to be released? Or any info on development status, console of choice, etc? I’m concerned it’ll legitimately be quite a while down the road.
All we know is that 6 months ago, they were starting work on the second installment. Nothing beyond that, but I expect that and future ones will be on PS5/XSX.

FF13 released December 2009, -2 released December 2011, -3 released November 2013.

There is no reason in my mind to expect Part 2 any sooner then two years, and given the switch to PS5 in that time frame, there may or may not be a PS4 release.

Mostly likely the second FFVII Remake will be on the next generation console only and it should be that way. I am okay if they took their time getting the second one out.

FF13 released December 2009, -2 released December 2011, -3 released November 2013.

There is no reason in my mind to expect Part 2 any sooner then two years, and given the switch to PS5 in that time frame, there may or may not be a PS4 release.
I think two things to consider are 1) SE seems to be functioning much better now than they did back then, and 2) they're using Unreal Engine now vs their own proprietary engine back then. They've already laid a lot of the groundwork in FF7R so I think that the 2nd installment will likely pick up a large portion of the game.

Whatever the case, I'm in the final 3 chapters of the game, really hoping it keeps up. It's been great so far.

The PS5 is suppose to be easier to develop for than all the previous generation, so the wait shouldn't be that long compare to 23 years. I think there is a chance that FFXVI will be out first than the second FFVII remake though.

While most of your points were true, the setting completely changes. I don't know how much they can really re-use.
A lot of the hard work is done though like character design, art style, combat, and so on. Undoubtedly a lot of what took so long on part 1 is they had to settle on how they would do it. Now it's just a matter of building more with the blueprints they already have.

Course it's just a theory though and I don't have any real insight.

I think two things to consider are 1) SE seems to be functioning much better now than they did back then, and 2) they're using Unreal Engine now vs their own proprietary engine back then. They've already laid a lot of the groundwork in FF7R so I think that the 2nd installment will likely pick up a large portion of the game.

Whatever the case, I'm in the final 3 chapters of the game, really hoping it keeps up. It's been great so far.
Can't wait till know your reaction to how part 1 ends.

A lot of the hard work is done though like character design, art style, combat, and so on. Undoubtedly a lot of what took so long on part 1 is they had to settle on how they would do it. Now it's just a matter of building more with the blueprints they already have.

A lot of SE’s dysfunction isn’t technical, it’s management and project management issues. Unless they fired all their top brass and some of their functional leaders, most of their problems are still there.

I'm going to ride the wave of OT comments and ask a question about the game itself:

Do I need to play FF7 in order to fully enjoy FF7R?  I've only played the earlier FF games and the later FF games and none of the games in the middle.

I'm going to ride the wave of OT comments and ask a question about the game itself:

Do I need to play FF7 in order to fully enjoy FF7R? I've only played the earlier FF games and the later FF games and none of the games in the middle.
Each numbered mainline FF game is self contained story wise, as well as characters (for the most part) so you can play any of them as you please.

This is consistent with how game development usually works. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask is a good parallel. The engine and key assets already exist so development of future iterations should be easier and quicker.

Should being the operative term. Knowing Square, it's possible they'll redo the engine to be optimized with PS5 and re-release FF7R Part One Final Mix with an extra secret boss for $60 before moving on to Part Two.

Each numbered mainline FF game is self contained story wise, as well as characters (for the most part) so you can play any of them as you please.
This is one of those rare instances where there are two FF games in the same world. Technically they are the same game, so in that regard I can probably skip the original. But on the other hand, the original is more of an RPG so they are different experiences.

The main thing is I don't want to jump into the Remake if not experiencing the original first is a bad idea.

This is one of those rare instances where there are two FF games in the same world. Technically they are the same game, so in that regard I can probably skip the original. But on the other hand, the original is more of an RPG so they are different experiences.

The main thing is I don't want to jump into the Remake if not experiencing the original first is a bad idea.
FF7R is NOT a 100% 1:1 remake, certain things are deviated from the OG. Currently, there are criticisms/speculations whether the next parts will stay canon.

FF7R is NOT a 100% 1:1 remake, certain things are deviated from the OG. Currently, there are criticisms/speculations whether the next parts will stay canon.
So ...
Aerith won’t be killed, and cloud will go from cross dressing to full blown transgender surgery?

"More" of an RPG? It IS an RPG. For people who haven't played the original, I highly suggest you do so, because it's an entirely different experience from the remake (I don't mean that in a negative way, either).

Except your question was if you need to play the original to enjoy the remake. Basically, my answer is the same as the other person who posted before me: no, you don't.

If you feel you have to play one before the other, that's a personal choice, but it seems like you're looking for people to tell you to do exactly that instead.

"More" of an RPG? It IS an RPG. For people who haven't played the original, I highly suggest you do so, because it's an entirely different experience from the remake (I don't mean that in a negative way, either).
I put it that way because I assume that there are some RPG elements in FF7R also, like maybe RPG Lite.

Except your question was if you need to play the original to enjoy the remake. Basically, my answer is the same as the other person who posted before me: no, you don't.

If you feel you have to play one before the other, that's a personal choice, but it seems like you're looking for people to tell you to do exactly that instead.
Well let me ask the question a different way:

If I play FF7R, would I still enjoy the original? I think I know the answer to this would be yes because I'm a sucker for the old school turn-based RPGs, but I'm always appreciative of the insight of others.

I put it that way because I assume that there are some RPG elements in FF7R also, like maybe RPG Lite.

If I play FF7R, would I still enjoy the original? I think I know the answer to this would be yes because I'm a sucker for the old school turn-based RPGs, but I'm always appreciative of the insight of others.
I haven't played the original in 20 years. I'm considering getting it digitally for PS4 and to replay it (pretty much a whole new game to me two decades later) before playing FF7 R chapter 1. I know the story of the real game is significant from what I recall of it.

A similarity I would probably use is watching Star Wars Force Awakens and the new trilogy without seeing the original series that started it all. It can be watched on its own yet you'll have a greater understanding and appreciation if you started from the beginning.

If you haven't played the original FFVII yet, you might as well play the new remake version. You do not need to play the original to understand or appreciate FFVII remake. The original core story is still there.

Do not take advice from someone who hasn't played the Remake, they do not know what they are talking about again. FFVII Remake is the beginning of the FFVII story.

If you haven't played the original FFVII yet, you might as well play the new remake version. You do not need to play the original to understand or appreciate FFVII remake. The original core story is still there.

Do not take advice from someone who hasn't played the Remake, they do not know what they are talking about again. FFVII Remake is the beginning of the FFVII story.

Who here has not played the new remaster and given advice on which to play or not to play?

If you like old school turn-based rpgs and somehow haven't played the original FFVII, then I strongly recommend doing so. It's a masterpiece. Remake is not, but is excellent at it's best points insofar as it pays homage to this masterpiece.

Anyway, I finished Remake tonight and
can confidently say that it's a good but not great game on its own. A lot of the added enjoyment will come from fondness of the original. And honestly, Remake is told in a way where a new player will be much more confused after the point of leaving midgar than someone playing the original. There's more screen time given to plot elements such as sephiroth, jenova, and zack - all of which won't fit at all for a new player.

And I really hope I never see another whisper again. 8+/10 (big + for nostaligia).

It's really hard to know what to recommend first.

FF7 is pretty dated by today's terms and with all the bluster you've read online it would be quite anticlimactic to play it now for the first time while expecting it to be the best game ever.   At the same time, it is exceptionally hard to imagine how interesting FF7R would be to someone who has no reference to all the story beats from the original;  Even though it stands on its own merits, it's highly nostalgia based.  The gameplay isn't that amazing; it's more atmospheric and reflective, and it extrapolates on the original with a LOT of extra padding. 

FF7 is pretty dated by today's terms and with all the bluster you've read online it would be quite anticlimactic to play it now for the first time while expecting it to be the best game ever. At the same time, it is exceptionally hard to imagine how interesting FF7R would be to someone who has no reference to all the beats from the original; Even though it stands on its own merits, it's highly nostalgia based. The gameplay isn't that amazing; it's more atmospheric and reflective, and it extrapolates on the original with a LOT of extra padding.
Unfortunately I am one of those who did not play the original and can attest to what your saying. FFXV was my first FF game and I played every part of that game down to the secret dungeons and obtaining the black hood in the pitios ruins. With the remake, I could appreciate what was there but it did not capture me although I do plan to go back and try it again. I say unfortunately because I wish I could jump in on all the excitement, I had the same experience with shadow of the colossus, missed it the first time and didn’t get too excited playing the remake. Here’s hoping they remake metal gear solid so I can get that sweet hit of nostalgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I am one of those who did not play the original and can attest to what your saying. FFXV was my first FF game and I played every part of that game down to the secret dungeons and obtaining the black hood in the pitios ruins. With the remake, I could appreciate what was there but it did not capture me although I do plan to go back and try it again. I say unfortunately because I wish I could jump in on all the excitement, I had the same experience with shadow of the colossus, missed it the first time and didn’t get too excited playing the remake. Here’s hoping they remake metal gear solid so I can get that sweet hit of nostalgia.

I played the shadow of the colossus remake for about 30 minutes and didn't like it at all. I kept the fancy steelbook and traded the game in. It was not interesting at all. I wasn't super into the FF7 remake demo but it seemed ok. The cutscenes felt like a 90s game and made it hard to get super into what was going on. I played neither original version of those games. I fully understand some of the remakes not aging well.

Some more recent games that were popular that I couldn't get into but liked the steelbooks were Persona 5, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Death Stranding. P5 I played for a few hours and don't think I got to any of the "dungeons". Death Stranding I'm in chapter 4 or 5 I think. I'm trying to push through, but some of the areas are getting too rocky to be enjoyable to traverse. It's made me at little less likely to jump on a game for the steelbook. It costs too much to end up with a game I don't like.

I played the shadow of the colossus remake for about 30 minutes and didn't like it at all. I kept the fancy steelbook and traded the game in. It was not interesting at all. I wasn't super into the FF7 remake demo but it seemed ok. The cutscenes felt like a 90s game and made it hard to get super into what was going on. I played neither original version of those games. I fully understand some of the remakes not aging well.

Some more recent games that were popular that I couldn't get into but liked the steelbooks were Persona 5, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Death Stranding. P5 I played for a few hours and don't think I got to any of the "dungeons". Death Stranding I'm in chapter 4 or 5 I think. I'm trying to push through, but some of the areas are getting too rocky to be enjoyable to traverse. It's made me at little less likely to jump on a game for the steelbook. It costs too much to end up with a game I don't like.
Sheesh, some pretty big titles you mentioned there that you didn't enjoy. Just curious, what kind of games floats your boat?

Mostly likely the second FFVII Remake will be on the next generation console only and it should be that way. I am okay if they took their time getting the second one out.
I doubt that, it will be multi-cross platform... probably on both the PS4/5 and Xbox 1/X.

Hopefully they have the 2nd part ready in a year, probably gonna buy the second part on the Xbox.

That's impressive that you were able to do everything in XV. I enjoyed parts of FFXV but by the time I got past the half-way point of the game, I was just ready for it to be over. The massive world combined with the insanely slow load times and annoying traverse options (and I played it after the massive 20 gigs of updates, which gave the Regalia an offroad option) made side quests insanely tedious. Plus the final hours of the game were probably some of the worst I ever played- it was brutally difficult until I learned that they added that one item (a ring I think?) that basically made it substantially easier.

Hope the rumors of Sony trying to buy MGS and/or silent hills is Lowkey true
I would love to see what one of Sony's teams could do with Castlevania. I think MGS has run its course and not a fan of horror games (too much of a wuss) so Silent Hill doesn't interest me.

That's impressive that you were able to do everything in XV. I enjoyed parts of FFXV but by the time I got past the half-way point of the game, I was just ready for it to be over. The massive world combined with the insanely slow load times and annoying traverse options (and I played it after the massive 20 gigs of updates, which gave the Regalia an offroad option) made side quests insanely tedious. Plus the final hours of the game were probably some of the worst I ever played- it was brutally difficult until I learned that they added that one item (a ring I think?) that basically made it substantially easier.
Yeah the ring was always there but I guess they buffed it later on. To be honest I played chapter 13 before the adjustment and the complaints and I didn’t have a problem with it. I understand the complaints though. I know that game is flawed but I don’t know, I enjoyed it.

FF7 is pretty dated by today's terms and with all the bluster you've read online it would be quite anticlimactic to play it now for the first time while expecting it to be the best game ever. At the same time, it is exceptionally hard to imagine how interesting FF7R would be to someone who has no reference to all the beats from the original; Even though it stands on its own merits, it's highly nostalgia based. The gameplay isn't that amazing; it's more atmospheric and reflective, and it extrapolates on the original with a LOT of extra padding.

Thank you for confirming what I was considering and expecting. Since it’s been so long since I played the original FF7, not only due to the time yet life/age differences, the game is surely going to feel different to me. From my understanding of FF7 remake chapter 1, it isn’t meant to replace the original, yet to add on or be a retelling of the original. As both of you stated, it’s nostalgia based in my eyes.

From a comment yesterday of bluewel, the way I read it was as a troll post, personally attacking members and stirring things up. It’s good to see others opinions here in the thread.

Yeah the ring was always there but I guess they buffed it later on. To be honest I played chapter 13 before the adjustment and the complaints and I didn’t have a problem with it. I understand the complaints though. I know that game is flawed but I don’t know, I enjoyed it.

I’m currently 99 hours into FFXV. Played it over the past couple months and beat the story a couple weeks ago. I agree the game is flawed though I wouldn’t have played this long if I didn’t enjoy it. The only things I have to wrap up are adamantoise trophy and the menace dungeons, plus the DLC packs such as Ardyn that I may get to one day.

Last night I fond the statue with the ring buff near the NE dungeon above Hammerhead. Do you have any tips for this late game? I’m level 90 at the moment and did do a handful of new bounty quests.

Sheesh, some pretty big titles you mentioned there that you didn't enjoy. Just curious, what kind of games floats your boat?
Well not walking/talking simulators :p I enjoy lots of things, but some of those "big" titles are kinda niche despite being popular on gaming sites. Those titles are not for everyone that's for sure. I felt many similarities in Fire Emblem and Persona with all the talking and relationship stuff. Maybe they got better later, but just failed to hook me after a few hours. Death Stranding has an interesting story and characters, but it feels really padded in between story moments. Chapter 3 was harsh.

I play a ton of different types of games. Some favorites are Witcher 3, Battlefield games, Tomb Raider (even Shadow recently), Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Forza Horizon, Halo, Monster Hunter World, Metro Series, Zelda, Mortal Kombat, Uncharted/Last of Us, Tom Clancy Games, and much more. I was enjoying Jedi Fallen Order before my power/internet went out. Dabble in Animal Crossing and Death Stranding right now, but AC is starting way too slow.

FF13/15 were good but felt off at the end in both games compared to the larger starting sections of those games. Lost Odyssey is super awesome though! Beats any FF I've played.

Thank you. I’ve been debating on this though $170 is quite steep. I did pick up Sekuro CE from gamestop. Now that was a great price. I’d probably jump on it if my GCU was still active.

Their listing is showing up as “coming soon” as of now.
Ghost of Tsushima CE is still up on Gamestop I think

Cyberpunk and Last of Us 2 are the only CEs on my radar as of now.  Avengers has a tiny bit of interest, but so little has been shown of the game.  I don't want another Left Alive situation.

For Ghost of Tsushima I went for the special edition.  The price difference for a mask and things I won't hang on the wall isn't worth it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back