2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZOr_C-KtKs&t=0s[/media]

Didn't see this posted but this has to be the most impressive LE Console in years. If they had done up the Xbox X like this I likely wouldn't be able to resist.
I don't think that I've wanted an LE console this badly since the Metal Gear Solid V PS4. I hope that it comes in at under $400.

This one is inescapable.

So since things are looking a little slow on the Collector's Edition front I wanna throw a couple questions out to some people,

What was the worst Collector's Edition of 2019?
Not necessarily the worst GAME, but Collector's Edition.  Was it priced $50 too high? Crap statue?  Bad Extra's?

A perfect example would be the Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Collector's Edition from back in 2017.  For $200 you got easter-egg Infinity Stones, and most likely at least one of your 4 statues were broken (Most I heard were Chun-Li)

On the Opposite side, what was the BEST Collector's Edition of 2019?

For anyone who is importing the Xenoblade CE from amazon UK with a forwarding service , I was successfully able to change my shipping address to my actual US address on Amazon’s site today when the CE was in stock, also my friend was able to order one shipped to USA while it was in stock as well so keep an eye out

So since things are looking a little slow on the Collector's Edition front I wanna throw a couple questions out to some people,

What was the worst Collector's Edition of 2019?
Not necessarily the worst GAME, but Collector's Edition. Was it priced $50 too high? Crap statue? Bad Extra's?

A perfect example would be the Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Collector's Edition from back in 2017. For $200 you got easter-egg Infinity Stones, and most likely at least one of your 4 statues were broken (Most I heard were Chun-Li)

On the Opposite side, what was the BEST Collector's Edition of 2019?
Best was Sekiro for sure, good price and solid items included. Personally, I felt that Rage 2 CE with the ugly head was a terrible offering, it looked like one of those crappy and cheap leftover rubber masks you would find on the shelves of a drug store.

I second sekiro, good value for a CE. I picked up the metro exodus Spartan collectors edition which is a little pricey but the statue looks good and the nuclear waste canister it comes in is so cool.
Agree with rage 2 being worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone who is importing the Xenoblade CE from amazon UK with a forwarding service , I was successfully able to change my shipping address to my actual US address on Amazon’s site today when the CE was in stock, also my friend was able to order one shipped to USA while it was in stock as well so keep an eye out
Dammit... wish I saw this. I tried doing it just now and no luck.

Doom Eternal
That's 2020.:p

Can you still or no?

Thanks for the info. Didn't work for me when I tried it just now, but I'll keep an eye on it now =)

Not to let Xbox get the last special edition console of the generation, The Last of Us 2 is getting a PS4 Pro, controller, Headset, and Harddrive.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4-pro/systems/limited-edition-the-last-of-us-part-ii-pro-bundle/

The headset and controller are live on Gamestop and Best Buy
NICE! Time to sell my god of war ps4

Strange that the pre-order button for the console is clickable but not available on any site for purchase.

Just preordered tony hawk ce for xbox on bb

***went back to coming soon. Maybe it is sold out and I got lucky enough to pick up a cancellation.

Tony Hawk CE on Xbox one as of now currently available at bestbuy. PS4 sold out. If you want this hurry it sells out fast.

Not to let Xbox get the last special edition console of the generation, The Last of Us 2 is getting a PS4 Pro, controller, Headset, and Harddrive.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4-pro/systems/limited-edition-the-last-of-us-part-ii-pro-bundle/

The headset and controller are live on Gamestop and Best Buy
Do not read the CAG Facebook post about this; people are posting spoilers. I was able to click away soon enough & informed Thorbahn about it but thought I would give a heads up as you can’t mute words & phrases on Facebook like you can on Twitter.

Nioh 2 special edition is 69 at Amazon. Figured 10 off is worth it since it comes with a season pass. First dlc of 3 I think comes out in July.

https://www.amazon.com/Nioh-2-Special-PlayStation-4/dp/B081JQMS7B/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1GPVT25C1N98J&dchild=1&keywords=nioh+2&qid=1589914924&sprefix=Nioh+%2Caps%2C316&sr=8-2

Bestbuy has it for 75 which is only 4 off but I had them price match Amazon.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nioh-2-special-edition-playstation-4/6389964.p?skuId=6389964

Bestbuy also has Yakuza remastered collection for 40. I saw some people saying they did in store pickup and got the day one edition. I just picked up mine and sure enough it was day one edition.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-yakuza-remastered-collection-standard-edition-playstation-4/6374990.p?skuId=6374990

Nioh 2 special edition is 69 at Amazon. Figured 10 off is worth it since it comes with a season pass. First dlc of 3 I think comes out in July.

https://www.amazon.com/Nioh-2-Special-PlayStation-4/dp/B081JQMS7B/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1GPVT25C1N98J&dchild=1&keywords=nioh+2&qid=1589914924&sprefix=Nioh+%2Caps%2C316&sr=8-2

Bestbuy has it for 75 which is only 4 off but I had them price match Amazon.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nioh-2-special-edition-playstation-4/6389964.p?skuId=6389964

Bestbuy also has Yakuza remastered collection for 40. I saw some people saying they did in store pickup and got the day one edition. I just picked up mine and sure enough it was day one edition.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-yakuza-remastered-collection-standard-edition-playstation-4/6374990.p?skuId=6374990
That’s weird cuz it says standard edition. As for Nioh 2, I’d wait till it’s $60 or $50

That’s weird cuz it says standard edition. As for Nioh 2, I’d wait till it’s $60 or $50
I guess its because most stores still had the day one edition in their stores so that's what they were giving people who pickup in store. I ordered the standard but the day one is the version they brought out to my car today when I picked it up.

Yeah for some 60 might be the price. But since it has 3 dlc packs coming out and it includes the season pass it's worth it to me. Wasn't sure if the se would sell out before it reached 60 so I just jumped at it

I guess its because most stores still had the day one edition in their stores so that's what they were giving people who pickup in store. I ordered the standard but the day one is the version they brought out to my car today when I picked it up.

Yeah for some 60 might be the price. But since it has 3 dlc packs coming out and it includes the season pass it's worth it to me. Wasn't sure if the se would sell out before it reached 60 so I just jumped at it
Yeah I guess ymmv. They’re not the same sku now right? They either merged or only have the day one on shelves and standard in the back room probably.

I’m sure nioh special edition is worth it and I’m a sucker for special editions with steelbook AND it has a season pass? Definitely getting it but my rule is, I wait till it gets cheaper if it’s not that rare and being sold out quickly. My backlog is real and I know I won’t even open it right away haha

Yeah I guess ymmv. They’re not the same sku now right? They either merged or only have the day one on shelves and standard in the back room probably.

I’m sure nioh special edition is worth it and I’m a sucker for special editions with steelbook AND it has a season pass? Definitely getting it but my rule is, I wait till it gets cheaper if it’s not that rare and being sold out quickly. My backlog is real and I know I won’t even open it right away haha
Me to. Figured I'd jump in while hopefully a lot are still playing it because I know I'll be calling for help 3 or 4 times probably. If I wait too long it will be a while before I get to it. Need to finish Yakuza 2 now, then nioh 2, by that time last of us 2 will be out and at least had a patch or two out for it.

It's not weird that they have the same sku but it is weird that they already changed the listing before it ran out. That stuff doesn't always get updated. I think the price sticker for Assassin's Creed Origins still says "Limited Edition" in stores but the site does call it "Standard Edition" though.

Just found out TLOU2 console is engraved. Was god of war engraved too?
It is not engraved. The "decal" is very nicely done though. Not really sure of the process but it is a very nice console in my opinion. I never used the controller so it is currently in brand new condition:) Looking forward to this LOU2 console

It is not engraved. The "decal" is very nicely done though. Not really sure of the process but it is a very nice console in my opinion. I never used the controller so it is currently in brand new condition:) Looking forward to this LOU2 console
The console sure looks engraved... the controller definitely is not.

Oh, my bad.

I'm kind of not a fan of the LoU2 console... I don't mind the text, but that tattoo is honestly kinda ugly, regardless of its importance.
I love this console, I dont think theres even been a console that's been etched like this. The only one I can think of is the gears of war 4 xbox that had the scratches.

Looks like this console is sold out everywhere now though.

It keeps popping in and out of stock on Best buy.  The one to keep an eye out on is the Playstation Direct Store's bundle as apparently theirs comes with the $80 version of the game according to the photo, while Best buy & GS are only getting the standard edition.

It keeps popping in and out of stock on Best buy. The one to keep an eye out on is the Playstation Direct Store's bundle as apparently theirs comes with the $80 version of the game according to the photo, while Best buy & GS are only getting the standard edition.
I imagine the photo of the special edition is an error. I placed an order through playstation so I hope this to be true:)

Idk I think it being engraved is pretty cool but in MY opinion they chose a bad color. They could’ve chosen a nice type of green. Would go well with the leaf looking design.

I don’t have a 4K tv and ps5 is coming soon so I’ll stick with my OG ps4 till ps5 sadly. At least my tv has hdr tho lol

Yeah that console isn't special enough for me to spend $400 for a second console I don't play much.  The new consoles and couple of CEs out this fall will have my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back