2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up my LoU II PS4 Pro from BB and this box looks like it was dropped and kicked around a bit before they handed it to me... like seriously, how do these people handle something that costs $400 like it's a rock on the street? 

I just picked up my LoU II PS4 Pro from BB and this box looks like it was dropped and kicked around a bit before they handed it to me... like seriously, how do these people handle something that costs $400 like it's a rock on the street?
Yeah, that why I've stopped doing store pickup pre-orders at best buy since the backroom people just rip open the boxes and slide them everywhere. I returned my Death Stranding CE just right after I picked it up lol.

DHL just delivered my XC, this is how it arrived, and I kid you not the box already opened from one side. Not sure if this is the work of US Custom or Amazon reusing old box. XC a little beat up and shrinkwrap came loose at that same corner. w/e at least I got one with discount when Amazon UK dropped the price.
19eaa29b14e1d931cdb332762def0c53.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Just be glad that you got a box. I also ordered from Amazon UK and they slapped a shipping sticker on the shrink wrap directly. Mine is really banged up.

Same with my Ellie Edition. Huge dent on one of the corners.

[attachment=34203:20200619_170822.jpg]

DHL just delivered my XC, this is how it arrived, and I kid you not the box already opened from one side. Not sure if this is the work of US Custom or Amazon reusing old box. XC a little beat up and shrinkwrap came loose at that same corner. w/e at least I got one with discount when Amazon UK dropped the price.
19eaa29b14e1d931cdb332762def0c53.jpg

That's how mine was. I don't think it's customs that did that, just shoddy packaging. Customs would use tools to cut them open, and customs deals with countless packages a day, they really only open the ones that dogs pick up a scent on or ones that look suspicious. Those openings are jagged and ripped. Mine from Amazon UK always arrive like that, I'm done with them if I can avoid it in future.

Waiting for the Ellie edition to arrive is a real nail-biter now that it is stuck sitting at "label created awaiting UPS pickup". I had a best buy preorder once where they lost it at that stage before and never found it. Avoiding spoilers for this game is turning out to be a marathon effort even after passing the finish line.

That's how mine was. I don't think it's customs that did that, just shoddy packaging. Customs would use tools to cut them open, and customs deals with countless packages a day, they really only open the ones that dogs pick up a scent on or ones that look suspicious. Those openings are jagged and ripped. Mine from Amazon UK always arrive like that, I'm done with them if I can avoid it in future.
I had customs open a box once and they resealed with packing tape that says something along the lines of "inspected by customs" on it. Even had instances where USPS repacked something if they can't keep the original package together due to it falling apart, and they even put a letter in it saying they did so. Amazon UK is under-prioritizing the handling part of S&H which is confusing since we all had to use the most expensive shipping option available.

I bought the SE for once instead of the CE as I didn't see the need for that one. Weird for me. Anyways I preordered it from Target because I had a $10 gift card and the 5% redcard. It arrived in a box in mint condition. They did good this time.

Finally unboxed my LoUII PS4 Pro.. what a beautiful console. I wasn't a huge fan of the tattoo design but the embossed pattern with the gunmetal-ish black is really nice. But the controller is so ugly- they really shouldn't have bothered with the printed name/tattoo on and fone for something else. 

Always had good luck with steelbooks arriving in great condition but my last of us 2 se was sent by Walmart in a bubble mailer and is completely smashed through the middle. Had to order a replacement off eBay. :(

I'm still debating on my CE of last of us 2 when it arrives. I got impatient and bought the game Friday I couldnt wait. The statue looks nice in photos, but I'm hearing the face is blah

I have the statue, the face is bad. I’m by no means a connoisseur either. The quality of the faces reminds me of the faces on the mirrors edge catalyst CE, not quite as bad but it’s similar in its flaws.
c1b24617eac5d9fdc4d24f3f1524469f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else with their TLoU II CE have any impressions of the statue? Debating on opening mine or returning it.
Feels light and kinda cheap. It's super big, the base is hollow/super plasticy feeling, and yes, her eyes are odd. They would have been better making it a few inches shorter to at least match other PS4 statues. It is mostly fine, but odd enough to wonder if I should have just got the SE.

Something I was thinking about today and I’m wondering if anyone here has thought about this yet.

I know many here dislike the CEs that come without games or merely come with digital codes because they feel like grab boxes and feel “incomplete.”

Well, what about when the industry inevitably turns all digital? Are you still even going to buy CEs? For example if Final Fantasy 19 is digital only, but has a CE with a figure and steelbook, but no game in it are you still gonna buy it?

Or maybe you’ll do something like not buy CEs anymore because they’re incomplete anyway, but just buy individual pieces of CEs on eBay or whatever just as collectibles.

I thought about it and honestly when/if we get to that point I don’t know how I will operate my collection at that point.

I have the statue, the face is bad. I’m by no means a connoisseur either. The quality of the faces reminds me of the faces on the mirrors edge catalyst CE, not quite as bad but it’s similar in its flaws.
Yeah it's not Max Payne levels of bad, but dang.. pretty disappointed considering the unboxing itself felt pretty high quality to me. What's worse is that there were some pics of the statue up on Twitter, can't remember if they were leaked or what but one of the reps replied saying that the statue was an "early" version.

Here's a post about it on reddit but I couldn't find the reply from the ND rep.

https://reddit.com/r/thelastofus/comments/d9ioxc/collectors_edition_statue_close_look/

Yeah it's not Max Payne levels of bad, but dang.. pretty disappointed considering the unboxing itself felt pretty high quality to me. What's worse is that there were some pics of the statue up on Twitter, can't remember if they were leaked or what but one of the reps replied saying that the statue was an "early" version.

Here's a post about it on reddit but I couldn't find the reply from the ND rep.

https://reddit.com/r/thelastofus/comments/d9ioxc/collectors_edition_statue_close_look/
The statue posted above looks better than the one in the Reddit pic, the one above at least doesn't have lazy eye. The statue above actually doesn't look that bad...

Managed to get an Ellie edition for pick up at the local bestbuy. This was way better since almost all my packages from BB have been terribly packed and handled lately. The Ellie I got was perfect with no dents whatsoever and surprisingly no stickers or labels stuck on it! 

That's so weird because the box I saw on my Facebook group had the 59k number on the shipping box. Maybe there's 59k regular CE and 17K Ellie?
I feel like maybe the discrepancy between the numbers reflects the additional units produced after the initial allotments were sold out perhaps?

That's so weird because the box I saw on my Facebook group had the 59k number on the shipping box. Maybe there's 59k regular CE and 17K Ellie?
How can people tell what version that's for even..? Also, is it possible that it varies by region? Like 59K for the Europe and 76K for NA?

Had no idea a new Ys game was coming...

Also just got bombarded with like 10 emails from NISA within the span of a hr. And I've been getting tons of emails from other smaller publishers about ordering stuff, they must be hurting for sales or something.

Had no idea a new Ys game was coming...

Also just got bombarded with like 10 emails from NISA within the span of a hr. And I've been getting tons of emails from other smaller publishers about ordering stuff, they must be hurting for sales or something.
Or they all just had their showcases for NGPExpo.

How do you know what number you got? Mine didn't have a label / sticker whatsoever....any indicator from the box?
CE are boxed up individually at the factory with a generic cardboard box, info like weight and production number are printed on this box. If these are shipped directly to you, they usually just slapped on shipping label.

If these are shipped to the store for pickup or to be sold on the floor, B&M always get rid of the outer cardboard box.

CE are boxed up individually at the factory with a generic cardboard box, info like weight and production number are printed on this box. If these are shipped directly to you, they usually just slapped on shipping label.

If these are shipped to the store for pickup or to be sold on the floor, B&M always get rid of the outer cardboard box.

My Ellie Ed says 10,000 even.

How do you know what number you got? Mine didn't have a label / sticker whatsoever....any indicator from the box?

I’d like to know as well how to find out what # u got
It might be covered with a sticker. Mine was covered with a Quantity sticker I carefully pealed it off. Depending on where you got it might be different I got mines from bestbuy but if you are curious it's located in two parts, it's located on the same side of the box if you have the box that has "Date Code" or the "Suppler" part of the box

It might be covered with a sticker. Mine was covered with a Quantity sticker I carefully pealed it off. Depending on where you got it might be different I got mines from bestbuy but if you are curious it's located in two parts, it's located on the same side of the box if you have the box that has "Date Code" or the "Suppler" part of the box
That's how mine was, I kept wondering where people kept finding this number.

I wonder how many they actually made overall total then. I still haven't started part 2 went to reply part 1 to get a refresher
I'm curious as well. I've seen a large range of numbers but don't know if they're EE or CEs, I've seen 59K and 76K and then the two EE numbers post recently of 5.5K and 10K. Also haven't started the game yet because fucking Adorama took over a week to ship my new SSD for my Pro. Hopefully tomorrow but it completely slipped my mind, but I never played the DLC for the first game. Probably could have done that since I think it's fairly short.

That's how mine was, I kept wondering where people kept finding this number.

I'm curious as well. I've seen a large range of numbers but don't know if they're EE or CEs, I've seen 59K and 76K and then the two EE numbers post recently of 5.5K and 10K. Also haven't started the game yet because fucking Adorama took over a week to ship my new SSD for my Pro. Hopefully tomorrow but it completely slipped my mind, but I never played the DLC for the first game. Probably could have done that since I think it's fairly short.
So I remembered Naughty Dog announced a 2nd batch of EE due to demand back in Jan/Feb. Maybe 10k was the first batch that sold out last September and 5.5k was the 2nd batch that went up for preorder earlier this year. Also maybe it's just me, but I read the game was highly controversial and divided the fanbase (Star Wars or Game of Thrones ending style). But I don't see it being that big of a deal playing it thus far. The approach they took was definitely something no one else has done before.

So I remembered Naughty Dog announced a 2nd batch of EE due to demand back in Jan/Feb. Maybe 10k was the first batch that sold out last September and 5.5k was the 2nd batch that went up for preorder earlier this year. Also maybe it's just me, but I read the game was highly controversial and divided the fanbase (Star Wars or Game of Thrones ending style). But I don't see it being that big of a deal playing it thus far. The approach they took was definitely something no one else has done before.
There's basically a campaign against the game... literally everywhere. Within like 24 hours on Metacritic, there were 10K negative user reviews on the game. There was an IGN editor who was just doing a stream of herself playing the game and she got called a lot of names to a point where she stopped. Dunky apparently said positive things about the game and his video is getting ripped apart. I've seen posts on Reddit where someone was talking about the guitar in game and multiple negative comments were made that were completely unrelated to the guitar- thank god for the mods there deleting spoilers.

Like I said before, I haven't played the game yet but it's insane what cancel culture is like some times over a video game. I'm sure the game has it's issues but those issues are getting hidden behind whatever the trolls are saying.

Yeah it's hard what tell what to make of it.  Way too much review politics (and otherwise) involved.  Haven't gone near anything regarding the game because of spoilers.  And still random cags have included some in posts.

Personally, I'm just waiting to buy the eventual complete and dirt-cheap ps5 edition.  No desire to own any of the CE/EE stuff.  Watching people buying in at these prices and then quickly finishing & getting rid of the game seems crazy consumable.

I know most people here weren't all that interested in it anyway, but the Kingdom's of Amalur CE randomly went unavailable today on Gamestop and Amazon(the only retailers that currently have it).

I don't think it sold out. I find it unlikely that it would be available for over a week, with not much interest in it, and then all versions sell out on both sites on the exact same day.

I'm wondering if retailers got word that maybe there was a hitch in manufacturing or maybe they got word they'd be getting less copies of it than initially thought and changed it to unavailable.

I know most people here weren't all that interested in it anyway, but the Kingdom's of Amalur CE randomly went unavailable today on Gamestop and Amazon(the only retailers that currently have it).

I don't think it sold out. I find it unlikely that it would be available for over a week, with not much interest in it, and then all versions sell out on both sites on the exact same day.

I'm wondering if retailers got word that maybe there was a hitch in manufacturing or maybe they got word they'd be getting less copies of it than initially thought and changed it to unavailable.
Yeah, there just wasn't enough with that CE that made me want it. I'll get the remaster, but another $100 for a statue of a character I don't remember from the original when I played it is a bit much.

Avengers gameplay still looks ok. There is a mission map, and some missions are co-op. It's gear system looks like Destiny/Division, but seems more single player focused with only some specific missions being co-op. I don't think I'm sold on that $200 CE just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back