2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I'd bother with Amalur again, unless they fixed a lot of the issues with the original -- you get overleveled and it becomes a boring hack and slash really fast.

Yeah, there just wasn't enough with that CE that made me want it. I'll get the remaster, but another $100 for a statue of a character I don't remember from the original when I played it is a bit much.

Avengers gameplay still looks ok. There is a mission map, and some missions are co-op. It's gear system looks like Destiny/Division, but seems more single player focused with only some specific missions being co-op. I don't think I'm sold on that $200 CE just yet.
The statue is literally of the main character of the story that isn't you. The GS website still shows my in store preorder so I will update if anything changes. Maybe they cut the print run?

The statue is literally of the main character of the story that isn't you. The GS website still shows my in store preorder so I will update if anything changes. Maybe they cut the print run?
It's been a few years. I remember enjoying it enough but almost nothing about the story.

Still missing it, always when I'm working
The only way you're gonna get these super rare CEs is to either use NowInStock or use a webpage page monitor. There's been some hands-on impressions about the game recently and they've been very positive- prob going to result in more people wanting the game. The game honestly sounds insane.

I went into GS today to rearrange my preorders and to redeem my $10 off holiday coupon for XBox currency and I added to my Amalur CE deposit (less than $10 away w/August coupon to pay it off) so it looks like my Amalur CE preorder is just fine.

Death End re;quest 2 LE and Ys IX Monstrum Nox. YS IX already up on Nisa, Death End 2 will go up on Iffystore later
41c397b1ca17058b9bc656cfc8d165d6.jpg
938b4c141e4cb061029b061f0761b269.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Preordered Ys IX CE, funny how when using PayPal Ubisoft and most other places charges when you place the preorder, but NISA doesn't charge until it ships I guess.

Did anyone who had their TLoU2 CE delayed until December 31st of this year, actually get the game to ship lol?  I can't cancel mine and it's sitting in preparing.  Been that way for over 2 weeks lol

I went into GS today to rearrange my preorders and to redeem my $10 off holiday coupon for XBox currency and I added to my Amalur CE deposit (less than $10 away w/August coupon to pay it off) so it looks like my Amalur CE preorder is just fine.
I read something about their discord mods saying they will put out a more detailed announcement later about the game's release, and once they do pre-orders will be reposted.

No Way

That is awesome!

I drove 2 hours to a Gamestop just for a PS4 Steel Colored Controller and left with 3 Collectors Editions, including the Royal Phantom Thieves Edition that was OOS on the website for this location

Did anyone who had their TLoU2 CE delayed until December 31st of this year, actually get the game to ship lol? I can't cancel mine and it's sitting in preparing. Been that way for over 2 weeks lol
I have a Ellie Edition in the same situation as well. They can't cancel it because in there system its in the process of being fulfilled. We might actually have to wait until December 31st to get the item.

I have a Ellie Edition in the same situation as well. They can't cancel it because in there system its in the process of being fulfilled. We might actually have to wait until December 31st to get the item.
Talked to a rep earlier today about it, and supposedly the items are in the warehouse and will ship in the next couple days. Not holding my breath though so we will see.

Ni No Kuni 2 ps4 collector’s edition is on sale at GameStop fir $21.74. Obviously they are totally out of stock. However Best Buy matched it in store for me. BB’s usual price is $129.99. The girl said it was her record on that type of price match. Manager had to okay it and did.

Ni No Kuni 2 ps4 collector’s edition is on sale at GameStop fir $21.74. Obviously they are totally out of stock. However Best Buy matched it in store for me. BB’s usual price is $129.99. The girl said it was her record on that type of price match. Manager had to okay it and did.
Pretty unlikely to get a pm on something OOS. Nice catch though.

I bought in at $50 on amz and am still fine with that.

Generally GS online is good about CEs NOT being gutted, right?
I honestly haven't had much issue, there were certain CEs I noticed that Gamestop do commonly gut, those typically are CEs with statues that you often see Gamestop display in stores. However I don't think you have to worry about the Phantom Thieves Edition being gutted. There's nothing in this CE that Gamestop uses to put as display in stores.

My favorite part about Gamestop is when I bought some gutted "New" $8 game from them last time.  Dude applies the circle tab stickers on the open product, looks me dead in the eye and says "Ok now when you remove these stickers then this game is no longer considered new".

My favorite part about Gamestop is when I bought some gutted "New" $8 game from them last time. Dude applies the circle tab stickers on the open product, looks me dead in the eye and says "Ok now when you remove these stickers then this game is no longer considered new".
Very intimate.

Why would they gut the Phantom thieves edition? There's nothing in it that they would display in stores!
They do gut CEs sometimes, but usually it's the smaller CEs though from what I've experienced. They'll display the game case on the shelf (but not the additional contents). I recently got a gutted "new" Bad Apple Wars, Witcher 3 NS, and the Crash Pin Bundle. I also got Ys VII on Vita years back as new on sale years back and it ended up being the CE, which was gutted. Of course, I didn't complain about that...

My favorite part about Gamestop is when I bought some gutted "New" $8 game from them last time. Dude applies the circle tab stickers on the open product, looks me dead in the eye and says "Ok now when you remove these stickers then this game is no longer considered new".
LOL At least it's not as bad as when you go to buy a new game and they lose the case/instructions so they try to sell you just the game as "new".

They do gut CEs sometimes, but usually it's the smaller CEs though from what I've experienced. They'll display the game case on the shelf (but not the additional contents). I recently got a gutted "new" Bad Apple Wars, Witcher 3 NS, and the Crash Pin Bundle. I also got Ys VIII on Vita years back as new on sale years back and it ended up being the CE, which was gutted. Of course, I didn't complain about that...

LOL At least it's not as bad as when you go to buy a new game and they lose the case/instructions so they try to sell you just the game as "new".

I had that happen one time. I think it was like god of war 3. Yes it was that long ago lol. I ask for a copy of it and guy didnt even try to find a case and tried to hand me a copy in a little plastic sleeve no case or anything else and said here your new copy lol.

I used to work at Gamestop many years ago.  Because management was so hard on getting used shit sold, when customers came in and wanted to purchase a new game, I would turn them to the used copy of the same title, but give them the new copy lol.  Then just swap the used for new and damage it out.  Boss was totally fine with it lmao

I just forgot that I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles from Amazon ES. They sent me my shipping confirmation, and an email about price guarantee. They reduce the price from 89,00 € to 45.37 € and give me extra 10 for my patient. [attachment=34259:xeno.PNG]

Why would they gut the Phantom thieves edition? There's nothing in it that they would display in stores!
I have never bought a CE from gamestop that has not been gutted. Mind you, I think all the ones after release had prices ending in .97 and this one doesn't, so who knows maybe you'll get lucky.

Just a FYI, I bought 2 of the Phantom Thieves Editions on Tuesday night and both just arrived brand new and sealed. Both were shipped from Grapevine TX, so they were from the warehouse, not shipped from the stores. In the past I have gotten gutted CEs but each time it was shipped to me directly from a random store. It's interesting Gamestop got a random batch at their warehouse outta nowhere (and still available too), this CE has been sold out at every retailer for months.

Just a FYI, I bought 2 of the Phantom Thieves Editions on Tuesday night and both just arrived brand new and sealed. Both were shipped from Grapevine TX, so they were from the warehouse, not shipped from the stores. In the past I have gotten gutted CEs but each time it was shipped to me directly from a random store. It's interesting Gamestop got a random batch at their warehouse outta nowhere (and still available too), this CE has been sold out at every retailer for months.
Just placed an order then, hope I get lucky as well.

Looks like games are going up to $70 next gen. Not sure how that will impact CEs.

Regardless, a bad year for my GCU to be expiring.

Looks like games are going up to $70 next gen. Not sure how that will impact CEs.

Regardless, a bad year for my GCU to be expiring.
Hard to see that being the norm with MS pushing Smart Delivery so strongly and so many third parties jumping on board with that idea. It's like many selling both copies for $60. It just looks like NBA2k taking advantage of the people that blindly buy the same game every year.

Hard to see that being the norm with MS pushing Smart Delivery so strongly and so many third parties jumping on board with that idea. It's like many selling both copies for $60. It just looks like NBA2k taking advantage of the people that blindly buy the same game every year.
To be honest that would make more sense them pushing Smart Delivery because if next gen is $70 then people would buy current gen for $60 so they can get net gen for free. Its good marketing to sell through current gen stock. If that makes any sense

To be honest that would make more sense them pushing Smart Delivery because if next gen is $70 then people would buy current gen for $60 so they can get net gen for free. Its good marketing to sell through current gen stock. If that makes any sense
That does, but it's said to work both ways. You can buy the series x version and it would work just fine on x1, or they will be in the same case in some situations. It'll be useful for things like having a series x in the living room and x1 in the bedroom. That game will play on both just fine. Only games with delayed updates like Cyberpunk will have past stock. We will have to wait and see, but 2K is the first game with this price tag and they mention feeling like it's worth $10 more. I have also heard no plans for that game to support smart delivery. We shall have to wait and see for sure though.

was yours stuck on waiting to be picked up forever?
Yea

It had a release date of December 31st but was labeled as "Preparing". I had called yesterday to see what the deal was since I was charged for it but it never shipped. I wanted to cancel it if I was never going to get it, and they said it was in the warehouse and being prepped for shipping. Today I got the notification. Weird as shit.

Does anyone here know if warm weather is bad to store CEs in?

Eventually I might have to move some stuff to a storage unit, which obviously won't be air conditioned.

From everything I've heard, it's fine, as long as they aren't in direct sunlight which would warp the coloring or damage it, that it should be fine.

Definitely cover them with a blanket or something. We stored some stuff for a bit and it had so much dust we had to wash it off.

That does, but it's said to work both ways. You can buy the series x version and it would work just fine on x1, or they will be in the same case in some situations. It'll be useful for things like having a series x in the living room and x1 in the bedroom. That game will play on both just fine. Only games with delayed updates like Cyberpunk will have past stock. We will have to wait and see, but 2K is the first game with this price tag and they mention feeling like it's worth $10 more. I have also heard no plans for that game to support smart delivery. We shall have to wait and see for sure though.
The only way to get a "free" upgrade on NBA is to buy the $100 version.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/2/21311250/nba-2k21-playstation-5-xbox-series-x-versions-70-dollars-next-gen-price-increase-games

Does anyone here know if warm weather is bad to store CEs in?

Eventually I might have to move some stuff to a storage unit, which obviously won't be air conditioned.

From everything I've heard, it's fine, as long as they aren't in direct sunlight which would warp the coloring or damage it, that it should be fine.
Sunlight is your #1 enemy as you mentioned, that's not going to be an issue. Your concern will be humidity combined with heat. Too much humidity/heat can result in paper materials warping or plastics bending. Too little humidity and high heat can result in rubbers and adhesives drying out. But in either instance, you need extreme levels of both over years for any real damage.

ahhh, I was at the checkout screen and thought "I should do this through amazon smile instead" and the time it took me to switch sites and try again, I couldn't place an order. damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back