2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder why the price drop and why so big of a price drop

Needless to say, I pre ordered

Edit; Still waiting on Cyberpunk CE!

Biomutant Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition
$60

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074ZH9F23/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_2AgbFbY1C29G0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad I got in an order for the Biomutant CE before it became unavailable, thanks! That seems like an obvious price mistake, unless the standard game is supposed to launch at $39.99. Pretty excited about Biomutant though. It looked really cool when they debuted all of that gameplay during the PC gaming show a couple weeks ago. It looks like a cartoony Souls-like with a lot of weapon and armor customization.

Was tempted but it’s for PS4 without a release date so that was an excuse not to spend. Probably not buying anymore after GOT and Mafia remake waiting for ps5. This is a good deal tho.

Glad I got in an order for the Biomutant CE before it became unavailable, thanks! That seems like an obvious price mistake, unless the standard game is supposed to launch at $39.99. Pretty excited about Biomutant though. It looked really cool when they debuted all of that gameplay during the PC gaming show a couple weeks ago. It looks like a cartoony Souls-like with a lot of weapon and armor customization.
Yeah bummed I missed the CE and even standard at those glitched prices. Would have loved that. The game looks really cool and I'm surprisingly excited for it

For those familiar with CEs, specifically international CEs, will there be/is there a way to order The Dark Pictures: Little Hope collectors edition in the U.S.? They tweeted saying it's an EU exclusive and it seems to be only available on Bandai's EU store, which is inaccessible in the U.S.

For those familiar with CEs, specifically international CEs, will there be/is there a way to order The Dark Pictures: Little Hope collectors edition in the U.S.? They tweeted saying it's an EU exclusive and it seems to be only available on Bandai's EU store, which is inaccessible in the U.S.
Mail forwarding or buying from someone on eBay, neither are particularly cheap unfortunately.

Got an email from GameStop saying they are gonna authorize my payment method for my Ghost of Tsushima Collectors Edition on Saturday July 11th. Never got an email like this from GS before so thought it was kind to weird.

Got an email from GameStop saying they are gonna authorize my payment method for my Ghost of Tsushima Collectors Edition on Saturday July 11th. Never got an email like this from GS before so thought it was kind to weird.
Glad I didn't order with them... the review embargo being the 14th and release date being the 17th has me worried. Seems kinda close. Last of Us II's review embargo was a week before the release date which I thought was more reasonable.

Glad I didn't order with them... the review embargo being the 14th and release date being the 17th has me worried. Seems kinda close. Last of Us II's review embargo was a week before the release date which I thought was more reasonable.
Are you liking the Last of Us 2?

Are you liking the Last of Us 2?
I beat it about a week ago and it was fantastic. The first one is a masterpiece/once in a generation game in my book and this one doesn't come anywhere near close to that but I'll give credit to ND, they took a lot of risks and also put a lot of TLC in this game. Started my 2nd play-through for the trophies and I feel like I'm just gonna play through the game again as I'm noticing a lot of little story and gameplay details I missed the first time (and I spend 39 hrs on my first playthrough).

I read all the negative stuff about the game and I don't get a lot of it (the actual negative stuff, not the stuff from bigots). My only major complaints where the larger areas made exploration feel pretty tedious and the final battle was just... a bit too much, feel like it would have been better as one of those less is more type things.

I beat it about a week ago and it was fantastic. The first one is a masterpiece/once in a generation game in my book and this one doesn't come anywhere near close to that but I'll give credit to ND, they took a lot of risks and also put a lot of TLC in this game. Started my 2nd play-through for the trophies and I feel like I'm just gonna play through the game again as I'm noticing a lot of little story and gameplay details I missed the first time (and I spend 39 hrs on my first playthrough).

I read all the negative stuff about the game and I don't get a lot of it (the actual negative stuff, not the stuff from bigots). My only major complaints where the larger areas made exploration feel pretty tedious and the final battle was just... a bit too much, feel like it would have been better as one of those less is more type things.
Yeah, I thought it was a great game too. I'm having even more fun with the game the second time around. You can do a lot of crazy stuff with the weapons. I went mostly with stealth the first time around so I didn't utilize all the weapons to their potential.

I think most of the hate comes from reading the leaks ahead of time and forming an opinion and being bias against it before experiencing the story. I was lucky to avoid all the leaks and only read what they were after finishing the game.

The only issue I had with the game is that it was pretty long for a game that is so emotional. Another small gripe I have with the story was
how quickly Tommy introduced Joel and himself to Abby using their real name. I thought that was such a weird thing for a veteran survivalists to do and I was right shortly after.

Far Cry 6 leaked for Feb release. I guess Sunday we will find out how many steelbook editions the game will have.
I imagine 2; a Gold and an Ultimate that will be GS/Ubisoft Store exclusive just like Div 2, GR: Breakpoint, and AC Valhalla. Watch Dogs: Legion is already confirmed from last year to be the same way.

I just finished it this morning and I must say that I mostly agree with you except for it not being a masterpiece like the first one. I feel this 2nd installment is everything that makes a game a true masterpiece. It was honestly such an emotional ride for me and I am looking forward to the 2nd playthrough where I don't have to obsess over the story. I love Ellie......such a good game.

Yeah, I thought it was a great game too. I'm having even more fun with the game the second time around. You can do a lot of crazy stuff with the weapons. I went mostly with stealth the first time around so I didn't utilize all the weapons to their potential.

I think most of the hate comes from reading the leaks ahead of time and forming an opinion and being bias against it before experiencing the story. I was lucky to avoid all the leaks and only read what they were after finishing the game.

The only issue I had with the game is that it was pretty long for a game that is so emotional. Another small gripe I have with the story was
how quickly Tommy introduced Joel and himself to Abby using their real name. I thought that was such a weird thing for a veteran survivalists to do and I was right shortly after.
I just watched the Neil druckmann Ashley and Troy spoilercast where they said Tommy and Joel have been living in peace in Jackson for 4 years and didn’t really expect that. These guys were normal people like the people of Jackson too. Hunters are what they should look out for tho

Guys, SPOILERS PLEASE! Even though the game's been out for a while, revealing details still kills the experience!! :)

I just finished it this morning and I must say that I mostly agree with you except for it not being a masterpiece like the first one. I feel this 2nd installment is everything that makes a game a true masterpiece. It was honestly such an emotional ride for me and I am looking forward to the 2nd playthrough where I don't have to obsess over the story. I love Ellie......I love *REMOVED*......such a good game.
You're not the first person to say this, that they liked the 2nd one more. I'm just glad that there are people who actually liked the game and can finally say it without getting overwhelmed by the trolls.

I just watched the Neil druckmann Ashley and Troy spoilercast where they said Tommy and Joel have been living in peace in Jackson for 4 years and didn’t really expect that. These guys were normal people like the people of Jackson too. Hunters are what they should look out for tho
I initially thought that part seemed out of place but the more I think about it, it doesn't seem as odd... it was a tense situation, you see someone in the same situation, you don't think straight.

Guys, SPOILERS PLEASE! Even though the game's been out for a while, revealing details still kills the experience!! :)

You're not the first person to say this, that they liked the 2nd one more. I'm just glad that there are people who actually liked the game and can finally say it without getting overwhelmed by the trolls.
I was aware there was some kind of hate spewing about the game and kept waiting to find out what could have caused it. While I had guesses during the game, by the time it was over I couldn't figure it out. To me, it was one of the most well done pieces of entertainment period (while I loved the first, it just doesn't touch the sequel). Movies, tv, video games, books.... If I want to just grade the game, yeah, like every other Naughty Dog game since "Uncharted", the game part is good, but it's nothing revolutionary. Other games do the "game" part better. But, as interactive entertainment? Nobody does that better right now, IMO.

Luckily I avoided big spoilers by being very careful of what content I absorbed. I did know that the game was controversial and receiving some backlash. After finishing it I can honestly say that I don't know WTF these people are talking about and could't disagree more with the hate. Did we even play the same game?:) 

Its a tough conversation to have without revealing info that could impact someones playthrough. If I am guilty of that then I totally apologize. I've had multiple games spoiled for me by people in my "real" life and I wanted to smack them in the mouth:).......bastards

Its a tough conversation to have without revealing info that could impact someones playthrough. If I am guilty of that then I totally apologize. I've had multiple games spoiled for me by people in my "real" life and I wanted to smack them in the mouth:).......bastards
That is why we use the spoiler tags.

You haven't spoiled anything major but better safe than sorry. As Blueweltall said, just use spoilers. I really just didn't want you naming
Abby because... it's such a huge part of the story. Blew my mind when ND put your in her shoes.

Also, if you beat the game, Girlfriend Reviews video on the game is really good and sums up a lot of things well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh5gzGs-63Y

Just when I think I'm all but done with CE's, I stumble upon that cheap Death Stranding "baby in a bottle" CE and a very reasonable copy of Costume Quest 2 Deluxe Ed. on ebay.  Very excited about both purchases!

I think the issues with lou2 come down to if you played the first one and how you felt about the closing hospital sequence. I literally played it twice and never saw the conflicting issues that I guess you were supposed to have.  The fireflies saw Ellie as little more than a lab rat.  Seemed like really despicable people even though their overall idea was worthy.  No amount of re framing and changing the story in the second game would change that.  That being said its almost impossible to empathize with how the second story was framed. The new characters that were involved with it and the game itself felt extremely hollow.  One of the most disappointing sequels I have ever experienced and it seemed like another writer scripted it.  That being said, I am glad some like it.

Sony’s website still has the preorder and it’s about 10 dollars cheaper than Adorama after shipping and tax. At least it was when I compared the two.

Far Cry 6 CE https://store.ubi.com/us/far-cry-6-collectors-edition/5ecf8e975cdf9a1528a8c1f0.html?lang=en_US&__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=aef4cd0f47d0cdc89814c7e9e4e7af59ae908866-1594585350-0-ASC_LuXmJeg3EyJe1YdTsAG7kLr2cZsGXhDl05MNc5_h1Ko40qxgcnKWEpbB8neoGcir4Djj3Ixu40jU1glPJwWevQxCpzIarWHkpqkCRfB9GtcjL39mXwCFMo5QjibKXQaWdU7xShII11iQgpkOwWcAOdnYxzTb2mVvdj4vJBYJ3E61KhmIQKmfRb8P3zuMx-eHhjVTmWHdl0vhuQ62LG9GjF1_du4_-feiut-HNKolaJsfsMjmMxGReBVG5DBbQkQU2Be3kztGfpBeDAWaWGIV2GMI2nQxhQcetjlQ0jksI32o-4PdcBa1GNCSUbuuzVr2McJixw_yrQvj_T6-RsHI4AAbJ--h-DkJnTdhJBusAJYuOssxMcIZxdGnw_ZDjw

attachicon.gif
EcwEbtjUwAAZ5HF.jpg
Gamestop shows a steelbook for the gold and ultimate versions but not on Ubisofts site. CE seems ok. I really like that steelbook, but what would I do with a 28" long flamethrower?

Gold edition looks like this

6421547ld.jpg

I love how everyone on Twitter was complaining it's a replica. Like a working flamethrower for under $200 would be any good and not burn your house down. :lol:

I'm getting so tired of Ubisoft's games. The gameplay is usually always generally solid, but rhey all feel same-y with minor improvements, and the gameplay is strong so it'll be worth it to play, but once you string together 4,5 of them in a row it just gets so stale.

I'm beyond bored of Far Cry at this point.

I love how everyone on Twitter was complaining it's a replica. Like a working flamethrower for under $200 would be any good and not burn your house down. :lol:
It would have been cool if they made it a functional refillable butane lighter. At least it would have some function.

I'm getting so tired of Ubisoft's games. The gameplay is usually always generally solid, but rhey all feel same-y with minor improvements, and the gameplay is strong so it'll be worth it to play, but once you string together 4,5 of them in a row it just gets so stale.

I'm beyond bored of Far Cry at this point.
That's why I'm just now getting back to Assassin's Creed with Odyssey. It's a really cool game and unlike anything I've played from Ubisoft. But my last game from them was AC: Unity, which was awful, so it's not an especially high bar.

called in and bought a GoT SE @ Andorama.  I feel really silly for not keeping my preorder when I had GCU>  Actually I moved and it wouldn't let me update my address and I had to cancel it but whatever.  Looking forward to it and glad to have at retail I suppose.

Why is everyone suddenly trying to get GoT CE? Wasn't that around for a while...?
Tbh, I ordered a CE and I already had the digital pre-ordered. For some reason it was one game I wanted since going about 95% digital sans a few series like Yakuza and Metal Gear. Game is going to be stellar though.

I’d definitely get the special edition but it’s out of stock now. I have the CE pre ordered just not a big mask stand fan. More of a figurine dude. So thinking twice about it, just trying to find out if these will be extremely limited or if it’ll be around like last of us CE

I’d definitely get the special edition but it’s out of stock now. I have the CE pre ordered just not a big mask stand fan. More of a figurine dude. So thinking twice about it, just trying to find out if these will be extremely limited or if it’ll be around like last of us CE
Yeah I dont care for masks either. I'm think of ditching the SE because that steelbook is too dark and you prolly cant tell what it is without holding it like the ghost recon wildlands CE steelbook.

I kinda need the money because those Ubisoft CEs all have the best steelbooks of the bunch.

First few reviews of GoT that I've seen, 7 from Gamespot, 9.5 from Game Informer, 4/5 from TrustedReviews. Seems like the game's gonna be in the 80s. 

First few reviews of GoT that I've seen, 7 from Gamespot, 9.5 from Game Informer, 4/5 from TrustedReviews. Seems like the game's gonna be in the 80s.
Three more:

Destructoid - 9.5/10

With Ghost of Tsushima under its belt, Sucker Punch deserves to be in the same conversation as Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and Sony Santa Monica. If this generation is to wrap up soon, it's fitting that it'll end with Tsushima: one of its most beautiful games thus far.
PushSquare - 9/10

Ghost of Tsushima is a joy to play and a joy to behold. Sucker Punch has crafted one of the most memorable open world games of this generation, buoyed by an immensely satisfying combat system and an engaging, dramatic story. Unlike many of its open world peers, it's a refined and focused experience -- gripping and immaculately presented at its best. A fitting first-party swansong for the PS4.
Playstation Trophies - 90/100

Don't worry, Ubisoft – you don't need to make an Assassin's Creed game set in Japan anymore. Sucker Punch has pipped you to the post, creating a genuinely stunning open-world samurai epic that's compelling, memorable, and never anything less than a blast to play. Ghost of Tsushima is yet another reason to hug your PS4 – it's a sensational game.
The current Metascore is 84 after 55 critic reviews: https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/ghost-of-tsushima/critic-reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back