2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy cancelled my collectors edition. It’s hard to be mad for a free brand new game though. Sucks it’s getting here Wednesday but hey, it’s still free.

Oh well, I just receive the cancellation email from Best Buy for my CE, and my free copy'll arrive on July,24.Although, Adorama still takes pre order for it. I guess I'll take my chance to get it because I want the extras.

Newegg still have the GoT CE at the time of this post, unfortunately theres no way of getting around the $9 shipping.

SE still available on Playstation Direct site

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

The fuck... I had one pre-ordered since it went live at BBY and my package got delayed until Monday.
This happens a fair amount with BB. For example, I preordered the Birds of Prey steelbook 3 months before release and my copy went to backorder status and eventually was canceled after a week, while people that ordered on the morning of release day got their copies. I eventually got it later when it was on sale for $24.99 so it all worked out for me in the end, but still, shit like that happens.

This happens a fair amount with BB. For example, I preordered the Birds of Prey steelbook 3 months before release and my copy went to backorder status and eventually was canceled after a week, while people that ordered on the morning of release day got their copies. I eventually got it later when it was on sale for $24.99 so it all worked out for me in the end, but still, shit like that happens.
I just got another email now saying there are further delays with my pre-order. I'm honestly pretty pissed that they fulfilled pre-orders that were made just a week ago and not ones that have been there for months.

I am seeing reports from the podcast beyond IGN Facebook group that if you did an online order set for store pick up for ghosts CE your copy may still be in store even though you got an email saying it was canceled.

I am seeing reports from the podcast beyond IGN Facebook group that if you did an online order set for store pick up for ghosts CE your copy may still be in store even though you got an email saying it was canceled.
Makes me worry that they have my CE, think it's for the shelves or to fulfill another order and someone else gets it.

I did not expect this much of a shitshow for this CE. I had a backup order at Target that I canceled a week ago and now regret.

If that is the case, then some people probably will get a free copy of the game and a CE. Not a bad deal IMO.

Yesterday,I ordered the GoT CE from Adorama after BB canceled my order, and I just receive my shipping confirmation. I guess Adorama have it in stock because they still take order for it. 

I was able to order the steelbook CE last night for about 10 minutes BB.com. Got cancelled this morning and getting a free launch edition. Not a bad consolation I suppose.

Got my CE today and it’s so much smaller than I expected and thank goodness it is! It’s been ages since one of these CEs was reasonable size. My steelbook had a little slice mark on the spine though.

Wait. The Steelbook in the CE has a slice in it? That’s crazy
It's not uncommon. My Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition had the same issue, slice in the spine. My Spiderman CE had a smashed steelbook case. These cases come shipped in boxes before the editions are put together, so if some dumbass decides to open their shipping box with a box cutter and slice too deep, cuts in the spines will happen.

Therelaxingend YouTube channel received a special 1 of 100 collectors edition for got and even the Steelbook in it had sliced spine. Seems like something so easy to avoid and it’s been a thing for so long now you think Scanavo or whoever would have a warning sticker on the shipment box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Therelaxingend YouTube channel received a special 1 of 100 collectors edition for got and even the Steelbook in it had sliced spine. Seems like something so easy to avoid and it’s been a thing for so long now you think Scanavo or whoever would have a warning sticker on the shipment box.

Holy shit... that press kit is amazing. And only 100 made? That's crazy low for a Sony press kit... even the Spider-Man one had like 500.

EDIT* Dude also got the Last of Us II press kit which is even more insane.

Holy shit... that press kit is amazing. And only 100 made? That's crazy low for a Sony press kit... even the Spider-Man one had like 500.

EDIT* Dude also got the Last of Us II press kit which is even more insane.
Did you catch the death stranding press kit?
They put a lot of effort into it. You had to figure out how to unlock it as well. You can skip to 12:00 to just see the case.

https://youtu.be/DE6mU6D4yc0

Anyone got that 300 dollar SpongeBob edition? I'm keeping an eye out hard for that one because I know it'll be on sale someday for a hundred bucks.

My GoT from BBY now says that if they can't fulfill the order by the 24th, they're going to cancel it. Like seriously, this is beyond ridiculous. I've never had an issue with BBY before... this is something I'd expect from Gamestop but from what I've seen, they've actually fulfilled their orders.

My GoT from BBY now says that if they can't fulfill the order by the 24th, they're going to cancel it. Like seriously, this is beyond ridiculous. I've never had an issue with BBY before... this is something I'd expect from Gamestop but from what I've seen, they've actually fulfilled their orders.
There seems to be something very wrong with Best Buy right now. I was one of those who preordered on the first day in March GoT CE went live and I received the cancellation the day before. I also preordered Paper Mario months ago and it still hasn't shipped despite the fact that I am Elite Plus. I ordered a copy of Mighty Switch Force and it also hasn't shipped some five days later. Meanwhile, my Amazon orders are showing up days before the estimates and sometimes even the day before the release date. It makes me think maybe Best Buy had an outbreak at a warehouse or something as my orders from them have been fine for the entire pandemic up until the past week.

Yeah, I've been getting on BB's case since the beginning of the year, this hasn't been a banner year for them. Even before the pandemic broke out, which may be the cause of some current issues, I'd have several orders delayed for no reason, one was marked as shipped but never did ship and they told me to wait like a month to see if it arrived when the tracking already hadn't updated for like 2 weeks. Random cancellation notices. Some they fixed, some had to re-order.

There seems to be something very wrong with Best Buy right now. I was one of those who preordered on the first day in March GoT CE went live and I received the cancellation the day before. I also preordered Paper Mario months ago and it still hasn't shipped despite the fact that I am Elite Plus. I ordered a copy of Mighty Switch Force and it also hasn't shipped some five days later. Meanwhile, my Amazon orders are showing up days before the estimates and sometimes even the day before the release date. It makes me think maybe Best Buy had an outbreak at a warehouse or something as my orders from them have been fine for the entire pandemic up until the past week.
Perhaps its a regional thing? My copies of GOT CE, Paper Mario, and Those Who Remain all showed up on their release morning last Friday from BB and much of my other orders have been fine (besides the oddity like the Birds of Prey steelbook that was preordered months before release but was eventually canceled).

I've had these kinds of issues with BBY often, and it's why I've largely stopped buying from them (outside of a few lingering GCU discounts and the occasional exclusive steelbook). When I got GCU it was worth the hassle, now that I don't I'd rather order elsewhere.

I do believe it's regional though, as my experience doesn't tend to be the norm. I'm in the Midwest (KC metro area) for reference.

I'm pretty sure GoT CE getting so many cancellations is Sony not providing Best Buy with the amount they ordered. No way are they doing a make-good free regular copy without their help. Mighty Switch Force was in stores for a few weeks before adding it to the site so whatever one is shipping yours is taking their time to get it out the door.

I'm pretty sure GoT CE getting so many cancellations is Sony not providing Best Buy with the amount they ordered. No way are they doing a make-good free regular copy without their help. Mighty Switch Force was in stores for a few weeks before adding it to the site so whatever one is shipping yours is taking their time to get it out the door.
I think Best Buy blew it on GoT as they fulfilled orders from the week before release, but cancelled many orders from March when it went up for preorder. That was my situation anyway and I didn't use GCU or do anything funky. Also doesn't explain Paper Mario though or Myst which has also been preparing since Tuesday. I'm in Southern California for whatever it's worth.

SMT Nocturne HD remaster (JP release in October, worldwide release Early 2021 for PS4 and Switch) is getting a CE in Japan at least. No confirmation on an NA CE yet. Not seeing any retailers yet.

Edit: Jp preorders go up tmrw
http://shin-megamitensei.jp/3hd/sp/

[attachment=34340:EdXW67AUcAAo_RU.png]

Has anyone seen the GoT CE go back up anywhere? Seems like I'm SOL with BestBuy, I have zero faith in them.
Never expected it to be 'rare'. I actually found a launch edition a few days before release at a target a week ago. As far as the CE, I presume it's like all the others historically... 'sells out' at first, then massive overstock, to clearance at 75% off a year later.

With covid nowadays though, it's a guessing game.

So I am seeing pre-orders for SMT Nocturne HD in JP go up now for the CE.  Let me warn anyone that tries to grab this off of Amazon JP or anything.  Since the game is being released in English/worldwide at a later date there is a chance that the JP cart (Being released several months EARLIER in October) will NOT be able to play the game in English.  

As an example "The Secret of Mana collection" (JP had it physically exclusive for a while) has this very issue, the JP carts when put into an English Switch do not play in English since a "later version" was released in English.

Almost no JP versions have English. It's usually only some Asian versions that do. Off the top of my head, I can think of what, Phoenix Wright or something having English subtitles on the JP versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back