2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be gone quickly. I really did want it though I've been burned WAY too many times for near $200 CEs. Ni No Kuni 2 was a good example of that. Preordered six months before launch, paid $200, then it's basically given away six months post launch.
Oh man, don't bring up NNK2. I bought the NA CE and UK CE... both of were available for long after release and I'm pretty sure I saw the NA CE for $60 and the UK one for $75. The game looked promising and seemed solid overall but not having Ghibli made a huge difference.

Oh man, don't bring up NNK2. I bought the NA CE and UK CE... both of were available for long after release and I'm pretty sure I saw the NA CE for $60 and the UK one for $75. The game looked promising and seemed solid overall but not having Ghibli made a huge difference.
I regret getting the CE day one. I loved the first game and even have the pre-order steelbook for it. Was excited for 2 but actually played it and it was lacking. They changed the gameplay enough for it to be a completely different game. Doesn't help that the CE which was supposed to be limited appeared to be overstocked and dropped in price very quickly.

I end up selling my CE for $100 just to get rid of it. Waste of money. At least I have NNK1 Remaster to get through.

Almost no JP versions have English. It's usually only some Asian versions that do. Off the top of my head, I can think of what, Phoenix Wright or something having English subtitles on the JP versions.
2 more I can think of are the Grisaia trilogy and Little Busters for Switch. The JP cartridges came with English on them. But yeah it IS rare.

This looks awesome. Is it available anywhere?
It is currently up on Amiami as of last night. Should be up on Amazon jp as well (I haven't checked that personally though)

Well holy shit. GoT CE popped up for a split second on Target while i was randomly browsing and I was able to check out with it... did not expect to get one but I guess I lucked out. 

The lack of Ghibli in 2 is something people regularly get wrong. Pretty much the same key people from Ghibli worked on 2 that worked on 1. The reason why the Ghibli name isn't in it is because they weren't operating as an animation department when the game was being developed.

SMT Nocturne HD remaster (JP release in October, worldwide release Early 2021 for PS4 and Switch) is getting a CE in Japan at least. No confirmation on an NA CE yet. Not seeing any retailers yet.

Edit: Jp preorders go up tmrw
http://shin-megamitensei.jp/3hd/sp/

attachicon.gif
EdXW67AUcAAo_RU.png
Hope they do some type of CE in the US. As much as I love Kazuma Kaneko's artwork, I'd rather not have a mini artbook because I already own KazumaWorks Vol. 3 which has all the art for this game.

Anyway Adorama customer service is trash. Still waiting for my GoT SE, which was supposedly shipped last week but the tracking # doesn't work. They are telling me to wait until NEXT Friday, which is some BS. I need to go out of town for about a week and this is messing up my plans, if it's not here by this Friday I have to leave, which means if it does somehow make it here it will be sitting at the door in my apartment complex for a week, which means it will most likely be stolen. I'm starting to not even want this game anymore.

Everything I’ve ever had on back order from Adorama has eventually been canceled. Usually it’s an instrument or video game. They send some correspondence that looks like it was made in DOS and apologize months later.

Hope they do some type of CE in the US. As much as I love Kazuma Kaneko's artwork, I'd rather not have a mini artbook because I already own KazumaWorks Vol. 3 which has all the art for this game.

Anyway Adorama customer service is trash. Still waiting for my GoT SE, which was supposedly shipped last week but the tracking # doesn't work. They are telling me to wait until NEXT Friday, which is some BS. I need to go out of town for about a week and this is messing up my plans, if it's not here by this Friday I have to leave, which means if it does somehow make it here it will be sitting at the door in my apartment complex for a week, which means it will most likely be stolen. I'm starting to not even want this game anymore.
Does your apartment complex office have the ability to hold packages for tenants that are away?

Sad to hear that Adorama doesn’t seem to be that reliable. I have a GoT CE backordered with them as well and hanging on to the hope they might actually get them....

Who is the tracking number with? If UPS, you can maybe have them hold it at a UPS Store. If USPS, you can set a mail hold. Not sure what options FedEx has

Sad to hear that Adorama doesn’t seem to be that reliable. I have a GoT CE backordered with them as well and hanging on to the hope they might actually get them....
It's my first time buying with Adorama. Never heard of them, but I did a bit of research to make sure and the only recent complaints with them are COVID-19 related and a few packaging issues. I don't mind slight delays as mail carriers and other workers are trying to fulfill the orders as soon as they can. Seeing as this is happening with every retailer, I took the risk. The best thing you can do for future reference is: Try to get your preorders in as early as possible and no closer than 2 or 3 weeks from release. That way you don't get cancellations or backorder issues (I was one of the people who got their CE cancelled by BB). Like I said though, that's the best you can do given the circumstances. Good luck to you and everybody out there trying to nab CE's around this time!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's my first time buying with Adorama. Never heard of them, but I did a bit of research to make sure and the only recent complaints with them are COVID-19 related and a few packaging issues. I don't mind slight delays as mail carriers and other workers are trying to fulfill the orders as soon as they can. Seeing as this is happening with every retailer, I took the risk. The best thing you can do for future reference is: Try to get your preorders in as early as possible and no closer than 2 or 3 weeks from release. That way you don't get cancellations or backorder issues (I was one of the people who got their CE cancelled by BB). Like I said though, that's the best you can do given the circumstances. Good luck to you and everybody out there trying to nab CE's around this time!

Adorama is a perfectly fine/reliable retailer. They're mainly known as a camera and AV electronics and mainly east coast based. I purchased speakers from them and recently bought an SSD from them.

With this game in particular, it seems like a lot of retailers are having issues so this prob more of a Sony supply issue and nothing to do with Adorama or the retailers in general (except BBY... who fulfilled more recent orders over older ones it seems). I have a feeling this might end up like the FF7R Deluxe Edition, there's early shortages but they'll subside over time. However, given that they are a smaller retailer, if there are more on the way I'd say they may not get more units or get fewer units than someone like BBY or GS gets.

Adorama is a reputable dealer - I’ve bought quite a few guitars and other instruments from them- however they tend to sell / back order items and never have them available. I’ve had them cancel at least 5 items in the last 3 years. They basically get your order, send an email months later and try to get you to buy another replacement item often as well. If an item says back order or available x date that is not available elsewhere- very low odds they’ll deliver.

An hour before things start getting announced for xbox.  I wonder if we will get any new CE news today or if that waits for the system release date.

Heyyyyy...looks like Adorama came thorugh! Just received an email about my GoT CE being available and ready to ship! Received a tracking info too. Hopefully its well packed and arrives soon! Thinking now if i’ll keep the Special edition i received just mow from Antonline....

Turns out retailers may not restock the Amalur CE after all and they are selling less copies than originally planned. So even though it's not a hot item, it may end up being a rare one.

My GoT CE just arrived. Glad you guys were right about Adorama. It looks fantastic! No dents or scratches :D

Shit, I should have ordered from Adorama... didn't not think they'd be able to fulfill those orders. Oh well, I lucked out with Target. 

I think BestBuy is in the running for worst retailer for me right now. 

5:29PM - Your GoT CE is unavailable and order cannot be fulfilled. Sorry, to make it up to you, we're giving you a free launch edition!! 

7:42PM - Your GoT launched edition cannot be fulfilled and your order is canceled. 

:whistle2:

5:29PM - Your GoT CE is unavailable and order cannot be fulfilled. Sorry, to make it up to you, we're giving you a free launch edition!!

7:42PM - Your GoT launched edition cannot be fulfilled and your order is canceled.

:whistle2:/
Also had my CE cancelled the day before release despite preordering in March. Received the free launch edition today, over a week after release and the entire game case and the disc were literally smashed and shattered. Not even gonna bother calling customer service for a replacement. Just garbage from start to finish.

Best Buy collectors came and it’s crushed on a corner. Adorama order.. not canceled yet.

:whistle2:/
I also got the same thing, but it says for me that if they can't get the launch edition to the store by August 1st they will be canceling the order, while lot of BS

I've not had any issues with BB.  A couple of movie steelbooks have come in with some dings, but many of those issues are with UPS or USPS.  Though the use of bubble mailers helps with the poor handling too.

I also got the same thing, but it says for me that if they can't get the launch edition to the store by August 1st they will be canceling the order, while lot of BS
Well seeing as how the launch edition is sold out, I doubt they will give us anything. I checked my order status in my account, it there it says "order canceled".

Honestly think this curbside Covid crisis saved Best Buy’s ass. Never seen the place this busy and people are buying like mad. They were tanking hard.

They couldn't just, I don't know, keep your replacement order until they restocked standard editions and ship it then? Lame.

Honestly think this curbside Covid crisis saved Best Buy’s ass. Never seen the place this busy and people are buying like mad. They were tanking hard.
Best Buy where I live was always busy and there are literally 4 stores within a 20 mile radius. I doubt they were ever "tanking hard".

I ordered an Apple Watch from them and it did show it’ll get cancelled if bla bla bla. Then got a notification a few days later that it shipped or is arriving. So be patient and see what happens first

Well seeing as how the launch edition is sold out, I doubt they will give us anything. I checked my order status in my account, it there it says "order canceled".
I just got a notification on the app on my phone that the launch edition of GoT is ready for pickup at the store we'll see when I get there later today

Best Buy where I live was always busy and there are literally 4 stores within a 20 mile radius. I doubt they were ever "tanking hard".
Actually they were on the verge before they changed CEOs and Hubert Joly turned it around. Still brick and mortars are undoubtedly in a dubious position. Best Buys here are definitely performing on a regional basis- doing well or shutting doors / moving locations etc.- 24 stores permanently closed over the year- that’s not too bad but leadership will have to be clutch these next few quarters.

New CEO has already got herself in hot water for “stuff.”

Actually they were on the verge before they changed CEOs and Hubert Joly turned it around. Still brick and mortars are undoubtedly in a dubious position. Best Buys here are definitely performing on a regional basis- doing well or shutting doors / moving locations etc.- 24 stores permanently closed over the year- that’s not too bad but leadership will have to be clutch these next few quarters.

New CEO has already got herself in hot water for “stuff.”
Yeah, not sure why you are bringing that up when Best Buy was changed around about several years ago. They are nowhere near or in the same position as they were several years ago even with this pandemic. Best Buy is doing fine for years now and they just reported they saw a increase in sales compared to the same time as last year. Big companies with multiple locations close under performing stores all the time.

Best Buy went from a media and large appliance driven business to a service / technology support driven one and is now again trying to rebrand itself as a showroom for larger items and expensive stuff like viking etc- and use its stores to compete with amazon as online shopping distributors. They seem to still be searching for their new niche. This social distancing thing could have really hurt them - maybe I misspoke on the company “tanking” as a whole- my local stores were usually empty since they started focusing more on the idea of “shoppers come here with a purchase on mind - push large expensive sales / showroom style etc. My perception is that this move to elite quality kitchen etc was off mark, maybe I’m wrong. The lots have been full and there is literally a queue of cars snaking around the building now. Runners bringing out lots of small items, folks having TVs etc loaded as they drive up. I’ve bought 3 TVs in the last 3 years without actually seeing them in person. I think losing only 6% revenue (this is what they reported this quarter I thought) with their customer interactive service strategy has to mean more people bought actual products despite not being able to use the showroom- I’d say definitely less in home and geek squad service?I think this will be a blessing to them in the long run because the car salesman idea of adding 199.99 service plans and immaterial sources of revenue is not the way to survive. Big box stores like sears etc have proven that fails time after time. Isn’t it a fact that this how BBY avoided bankruptcy? Closing 24 or so stores is par for the course with big companies, but they also bailed on 250 or so “mobile” stores in the last few years.

Im not sure why many folks think BBY is some blistering hot performing company- it’s actually been pretty stagnant - revenue wise since 2010 with the exception of the expected huge 4th quarter. If you’re going off of stock value in this propped up market- not a good idea.

Personally I do like the place and am on their elite program almost annually usually due to an appliance or TV etc. I hope they keep competing.

Best Buy has been easily the most reliable retailer for me, at least this year. Ordered probably 20+ games (they've had some absolutely great prices/sales) and I haven't had one issue. I mostly do ship to store though if I can, so maybe that prevents damage. I always recommend people do that instead of shipping to your house. They've easily been more reliable than Gamestop.

Im not sure why many folks think BBY is some blistering hot performing company- it’s actually been pretty stagnant - revenue wise since 2010 with the exception of the expected huge 4th quarter. If you’re going off of stock value in this propped up market- not a good idea.

Personally I do like the place and am on their elite program almost annually usually due to an appliance or TV etc. I hope they keep competing.
I am not looking at stock price because I know what metrics to look for in a company earning report to determine their financial health. Best Buy revenue growth has steadily been increasing year to year. It has not been stagnant and they have a good amount of cashflow on hand. With all due respect, but I don't think you really know what you are posting about.

All I said was that they are doing well, which they are if you know what metrics to look for. I used to follow BBY on my watchlist.

My Best Buy has stripped out all the rows of movies and music, and has only a single row left. I don’t think that is due to pandemic spacing either, like the redesigned B&Ns. For now, there’s still a full row each for X1, PS, NS, but in my area, nothing is ever discounted more then what I can just pay on BB.com. I enjoy browsing, but rarely see something worth impulse buying.

All I said was that there are doing well which they are if you know what metrics to look for. I used to follow BBY on my watchlist.
Yeah, I looked up their financials that's readily available (as in what Yahoo Finance has, not EDGAR), they've done pretty damn well in the last few years. I'm sure sales inside stores are down but their online/pick-up sales are prob doing fine... I know I've done more online/pick-orders, can't remember the last time I "shopped' inside a B&M location.

I am not looking at stock price because I know what metrics to look for in a company earning report to determine their financial health. Best Buy revenue growth has steadily been increasing year to year. It has not been stagnant and they have a good amount of cashflow on hand. With all due respect, but I don't think you really know what you are posting about.

All I said was that they are doing well, which they are if you know what metrics to look for. I used to follow BBY on my watchlist.
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/BBY/best-buy/revenue

🤔

I posted 2006-2020. Maybe the link isn’t working?

I tried to make a point that I think Covid will help Best Buy figure out how to push more diverse product sales- maybe using the word “tanked” was wrong. My perception is a negative trend was starting. I don’t have a crystal ball but if you’ve been patronizing Best Buy you have to see the strong move away from retail sales to service agreements, geek squad etc. As a over 20 year customer it just feels like they are trying to become something else this is all.

It is working but it is not saying what you think it is. You think you have a gotcha but you are just proving that you are wrong.

From your link:

• Best Buy revenue for the quarter ending April 30, 2020 was $8.562B, a 6.34% decline year-over-year.
  • Best Buy revenue for the twelve months ending April 30, 2020 was $43.058B, a 0.34% increase year-over-year.
  • Best Buy annual revenue for 2020 was $43.638B, a 1.77% increase from 2019.
  • Best Buy annual revenue for 2019 was $42.879B, a 1.73% increase from 2018.
  • Best Buy annual revenue for 2018 was $42.151B, a 6.97% increase from 2017.

I tried to make a point that I think Covid will help Best Buy figure out how to push more diverse product sales- maybe using the word “tanked” was wrong. My perception is a negative trend was starting. I don’t have a crystal ball but if you’ve been patronizing Best Buy you have to see the strong move away from retail sales to service agreements, geek squad etc. As a over 20 year customer it just feels like they are trying to become something else this is all.
One negative quarter is not a trend. I think it is time you quit dying on the sword and admit you have no clue what you are talking about and just give it a rest.

I work closely with a business owner. Our desired growth rate is 15-40% year over year. In economics stagnation means less than 2-3% annual growth. It does not mean negative or no growth.

I work closely with a business owner. Our desired growth rate is 15-40% year over year. In economics stagnation means less than 2-3% annual growth. It does not mean negative or no growth.
Okay, way to go off the wall.

Please just stop, I'll even help you by stop responding to your ridiculous post after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back