2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the premise, but

• Each display is not guaranteed to contain the full set of figures as each individual figure comes in a blind box.
Has pissed me off since it was first listed. With how much they price gouge their CEs you know they want people ordering multiple sets to try and get the full set forking over more and more money.

It would be a really cool item if it guaranteed the full set.

I really like the premise, but

• Each display is not guaranteed to contain the full set of figures as each individual figure comes in a blind box.
Has pissed me off since it was first listed. With how much they price gouge their CEs you know they want people ordering multiple sets to try and get the full set forking over more and more money.

It would be a really cool item if it guaranteed the full set.
IIRC yes, you don't get the "full" set because the 8th figure is the chaser, but you do get all 7 figures pictured in each box. This is normal with blind boxes, from every company that produces them.

I still regret buying the FFXV CE.

....ordered Nier though
With Nier, you at least know mostly what you're getting... kinda. I mean, I heard Gestalt and Replicant are pretty much the same and I'm pretty sure both were well received. I think Nier will likely be good game (at worse) if you liked the original or even Automata, probably.

And if that's not reason enough, you get to see Kaine in HD.

For any Last of Us II fans, there's been a ton of swag announced.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/25/the-last-of-us-day-2020-preview-celebrate-with-new-posters-collectibles-and-more/

I ordered this statue since I'm a huge fan of the original game- I really hope they fix Ellie's face. It just looks like she has... make up on? I dunno, just looks too dressed up.

[attachment=34665:clipboard.jpg]

There's also a Part II modular statue. It's a really cool concept and I would buy one... except it's insanely expensive.

IIRC yes, you don't get the "full" set because the 8th figure is the chaser, but you do get all 7 figures pictured in each box. This is normal with blind boxes, from every company that produces them.
You sure? Then it's terrible wording, because it says "each individual figure" comes in a blind box. I take that as meaning it's a set of 8 figures and each one is random.

Has it been confirmed anywhere either way by Square Enix?

You sure? Then it's terrible wording, because it says "each individual figure" comes in a blind box. I take that as meaning it's a set of 8 figures and each one is random.

Has it been confirmed anywhere either way by Square Enix?
There are unboxing videos on youtube and I also posted one of the unboxing video a weeks ago when you asked the same question. You are going to get 7 unique figures and the 8th one will be completely random. It say each individual figure comes in a blind box because a retailer can open the box that contain the eight figures and sell each figure individually.

There are unboxing videos on youtube and I also posted one of the unboxing video a weeks ago when you asked the same question. You are going to get 7 unique figures and the 8th one will be completely random. It say each individual figure comes in a blind box because a retailer can open the box that contain the eight figures and sell each figure individually.
Ah sorry, I must've missed the video you posted, I'll go look it up.

Ah sorry, I must've missed the video you posted, I'll go look it up.
Don't worry, just watch this video when you get the chance. All three person got a full set with the 8th being a duplicate or the chase figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hCSZcefmFQ

Don't worry, just watch this video when you get the chance. All three person got a full set and one person 8th figure was the chaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hCSZcefmFQ
Yeah thanks, I watched that and another one and both had the whole set, except for the Chaser which one guy got an extra Cloud and in the video you sent same thing, except one of them got the Chaser.

Looks like I'll keep my order then.

They are pretty pricey though.
Yeah, but actually I don't think they're priced that bad compared to what we'll see going forward. With COVID losses and price hikes for nextgen games, the days of getting SE exclusive CEs for $100 are over. They've been over for a while now to begin with, they usually start at $150 now, but I think starting in 2021, nextgen CEs are going to start at $200.

Don't worry, just watch this video when you get the chance. All three person got a full set with the 8th being a duplicate or the chase figure.
Well shit- I want pretty Cloud. I wonder what other chases there'll be?

I also don't know how I feel about how these are packed. The only way to open them is to rip the box... wish it was just a more normal box with a closable flap. Guessing this is done to prevent people from opening/checking/closing boxes and selling them as "new" but they could have found another way around this.

I think there is only 1 chase figure for this set. Pretty sure there will be a second set. If there is a second set they should consider the sailor Barret outfit as the chase figure.

About that Ori CE, does anyone know what a 'stained glass style art piece' would entail? I'm a big fan of anything stained glass but if it's just the design painted on a postcard than it's a hard pass for me.

About that Ori CE, does anyone know what a 'stained glass style art piece' would entail? I'm a big fan of anything stained glass but if it's just the design painted on a postcard than it's a hard pass for me.
I haven't seen any official comment on it, but it looked to me like it was just a piece of artwork that looked like a stained glass design and not actual stained glass. I imagine it'd probably be more expensive if it was

I haven't seen any official comment on it, but it looked to me like it was just a piece of artwork that looked like a stained glass design and not actual stained glass. I imagine it'd probably be more expensive if it was
AND super fragile. I wouldn't trust anyone that makes video game CEs to pack and ship actual stained glass.

Given it says "stained glass style", I'm guessing it's really just a poster or print that looks like stained glass.

A little off topic, but has anyone here had Amazon lose any packages on them recently?

Amazon has lost 4 packages this month from me. 3 of them games. I've only had one lost package from Amazon in my life before this month in all the years I've ordered from them. And all were lost the same way. Marked as shipped, never gets to "out for delivery" I get an email that it is delayed, and then in 2 days I get an email saying your package is likely lost and offers a refund.

Either it's just an incredible string of bad luck or something fishy is going on. I'm wondering if a specific distribution center is marking items as shipped and stealing stuff for themselves.

4 in a month seems a ridiculous amount.

I'm worried about my PS5 and XSX pre-orders from them now, this is absurd.

A little off topic, but has anyone here had Amazon lose any packages on them recently?

Amazon has lost 4 packages this month from me. 3 of them games. I've only had one lost package from Amazon in my life before this month in all the years I've ordered from them. And all were lost the same way. Marked as shipped, never gets to "out for delivery" I get an email that it is delayed, and then in 2 days I get an email saying your package is likely lost and offers a refund.

Either it's just an incredible string of bad luck or something fishy is going on. I'm wondering if a specific distribution center is marking items as shipped and stealing stuff for themselves.

I've had it happen twice to me recently. First time it was truly lost and I just reordered. 2nd time I gave it a few more days and it eventually showed up.

I'm worried about my PS5 and XSX pre-orders from them now, this is absurd.
Not in recent months, but last November one of my Amazon packages vanished within 5 minutes after they marked as "Delivered". I was home at the time, no knocks whatsoever. I opted to have the replacement shipped to an Amazon Locker nearby. Since they can't change shipping address for replacement, they ended up refunding me.

Holiday season is porch pirates hunting season, I tried to limit unattended package deliveries as much as possible. If something fit Amazon Locker, have them deliver there. For other carriers, request hold mail/packages at PO or UPS/Fedex pickup site.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Sackboy A Big Adventure Special Edition $90 available for preorder on PlaystationDirect

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/games/game/sackboy-a-big-adventure-special-edition-ps4.3005842?_gl=1*1i7vdjx*_ga*YW1wLUNpbEpQYnFlZ0t4eHFWMjFTa1hrdFE.

8f08fddd6cc42082db730f7fc039a3e0.jpg
5f391b121ca83a4a14132437e741d3b0.jpg

Yakuza Like A Dragon getting a free steelbook (courtesy of Bestbuy) on top of the Day Ichi Steelbook Edition
beac33605407bf536b40aefabaefcbfc.jpg

Edit: Damn it, got ninja'd

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1311044829455867907?s=20
There goes the one game I was gonna pre-order at gamestop that didn't have a CE and I could use some trade credit on...

That said, it has to be one of the more disappointing BB steelbooks in a while.

Yes, but 'lost' in my favor. Ordered the Mandalorian Razor Crest Lego that was delivered just fine. Few days later they contacted me to apologize for the issue with my delivery and had considered the package lost with a refund pending. IDK what the delivery person did but clearly it triggered some sort of problem on their end. I can't complain, it was a $130 set. :dunce:

Yes, but 'lost' in my favor. Ordered the Mandalorian Razor Crest Lego that was delivered just fine. Few days later they contacted me to apologize for the issue with my delivery and had considered the package lost with a refund pending. IDK what the delivery person did but clearly it triggered some sort of problem on their end. I can't complain, it was a $130 set. :dunce:
I ordered 13 Sentinels. It was shipped via Amazon, then immediately like a few hours after it shipped was marked as delayed. Why delayed that quickly, I have no idea. Said it would arrive Sunday, didn't. Then Monday or today, didn't.

Then for some reason today the tracking under order details was changed from an Amazon tracking number(which begins always in TBA) to UPS(begins in 1z).

I have no idea what in the F is going on.

Anyway, I didn't get it today so they gave me a refund, but still. This is ridiculous. Stop losing my damn packages.

Edit:

Wow... actually I just checked right now and finally the tracking updated and apparently I'm getting it next week. Amazon already refunded me though. Am I gonna get banned from Amazon for that?

I ordered 13 Sentinels. It was shipped via Amazon, then immediately like a few hours after it shipped was marked as delayed. Why delayed that quickly, I have no idea. Said it would arrive Sunday, didn't. Then Monday or today, didn't.

Then for some reason today the tracking under order details was changed from an Amazon tracking number(which begins always in TBA) to UPS(begins in 1z).

Anyway, I didn't get it today so they gave me a refund, but still. This is ridiculous. Stop losing my damn packages.

Edit:

Wow... actually I just checked right now and finally the tracking updated and apparently I'm getting it next week. Amazon already refunded me though. Am I gonna get banned from Amazon for that?
Hopefully it still shows. I’ve had this happen. Good luck.

Edit:

You’ll likely a freebie. It’s happened to me a few times. Their fault.

You’ll likely a freebie. It’s happened to me a few times. Their fault.
Wait, what? Any time this kind of stuff happens, they just tell me to wait. Once I had a package that was supposed to be delivered, not be delivered and they told me to wait a few days. This was by their own delivery people (TBA tracking) too and only after 3 business days, they sent a replacement. The original package never showed up.

They always ask me to wait until a certain date, then issue a refund. I’ve had a few items show up or be at a neighbors etc.

If you buy a Best Buy e gift card, does that count on your My Best Buy purchases toward Elite/Elite Plus status?

I'm looking to buy one, but it seems like a separate part of BB's website, as it asks me to enter payment information and My Best Buy ID# and logging in doesn't seem to matter.

If you buy a Best Buy e gift card, does that count on your My Best Buy purchases toward Elite/Elite Plus status?

I'm looking to buy one, but it seems like a separate part of BB's website, as it asks me to enter payment information and My Best Buy ID# and logging in doesn't seem to matter.
Nope, only the amount paid from credit cards, cash etc. Gift cards don't count towards it.

Well I'll be paying for the e gift card with a credit card.

I'm talking about the actual purchase of the e gift card, not the usage of it once you receive it.
Oh gotcha. Then yes, the purchase of the gift card counts. Just not when you use said gift card to make a purchase.

Didn't someone here post a few weeks back that NIS was gonna start charging early for pre-orders now? Or was that another retailer?

Anyone know when they plan to charge for Trails IV?

This Sackboy game is different from Little Big Planet, right? It almost looks like that Yooka Laylee game kinda.

I hope so because the traditional LBP got so stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back