2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone want my extra zelda joycons from play Asia or Amazon jp before I cancel those since I got my order in at best buy. If anyone can't find one from now till release day?

I ordered both on separate orders and can confirm there are two separate skus for the Steelbooks.

PS4 sku is 6446665

Switch sku is 6442617
Looks like stores are getting a lot less PS4 steelbooks. Most are getting 5 (all spoken for at my store) and 10-20 Switch. The PS4 one is $20 stand alone with the Switch one being only $10.

My SB3D World game and SB just arrived safe and sound. Was shipped in a cardboard mailer so was nervous when I got it.
Mines coming in Monday, hope I get the same fate.

Was able to get my Zelda joy cons ordered thru gamestop website 🙌🏾. I'll probably order SSHD from best buy before my GCU ends.

Do we know with any certainty that other retailers will carry the Monster Hunter Rise Switch? Hoping to pick it up somewhere other than GameStop, but I know they’ve had exclusive consoles in the past.

Plus other Retailers will have them as well.

Tons of items do come back in stock on day of release even if it's only for a few hours.

with the way nintendo handles things, those will sell out quickly as well
The thing is, this isn't always true. On one hand, you have stuff like the FE 30th anniversary that disappeared fast and stayed HTF. And then you have stuff like the Game and Watch SMB that's gone everywhere and then sudden not after release.

It's one thing when everything is hard to find, it's another when you legit don't know. Shit, I think Amazon even had the Game & Watch at a discount and I think so like a few dozen at BBY 2 weeks ago.

The thing is, this isn't always true. On one hand, you have stuff like the FE 30th anniversary that disappeared fast and stayed HTF. And then you have stuff like the Game and Watch SMB that's gone everywhere and then sudden not after release.

It's one thing when everything is hard to find, it's another when you legit don't know. Shit, I think Amazon even had the Game & Watch at a discount and I think so like a few dozen at BBY 2 weeks ago.
Game & watch is a pretty niche thing though as most young people will have no idea what a game & watch is. Everyone knows zelda though and I don't trust nintendo to make enough zelda joycons.

Looks like I'll get Persona Strikers on time, but the steelbook says March 2.  The Cyberpunk steelbook was super delayed too. What's up BB?

The Game & Watch is the lamest (mini-console) thing Nintendo has done in years. They wanted to have something on shelf for $50 around Christmas and tons of folks bought it. People simply can't help themselves when it comes to Nintendo.

It's 2020-21, where simply finding something on the shelf to buy feels like a win. People quickly realized how dumb it was. Especially when you compare it to all of the hardware / accessories that have been announced this week.

Doesnt game and watch have a set sales window? think its supposed to go away when the mario 3 pack does officially

Sigh, I missed the Persona Strikers PS4 steelbook as well. How did you all learn it was available for pickup somewhere? It isn't showing on the website at all for me. 

I got the Switch steelbook, would prefer the PS4 one.

If anyone wants to swap at some point I'd be down for it, but I haven't shipped anything since the pandemic started.

Does anyone want my extra zelda joycons from play Asia or Amazon jp before I cancel those since I got my order in at best buy. If anyone can't find one from now till release day?
I don't know if the offer still stands but I completely missed out on being able to order and would love to take one of your extras. Let me know

The sad part is GS isn't even taking in store orders for these. I was there yesterday after the announcement, and the manager told me they are GS online only.
What a shit show

In all seriousness, so glad to see SSHD happening. Game was amazing, easily a top tier Zelda game for me with ALttP, Link's Awakening, Oracles and OoT.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but man, I can agree with you on this one. Between waggle controls, all the pointless bird riding which felt like even more of a filler then windwaker’s boat, and those spirit realms with time limits, sure I can do them, but my wife couldn’t. And let’s not forgot the game ending bug (eventually patched) for taking on bosses out of order.

I see that there’s plenty of excitement for this, but personally, I rank SS pretty low, somewhere with Spirit Tracks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but man, I can agree with you on this one. Between waggle controls, all the pointless bird riding which felt like even more of a filler then windwaker’s boat, and those spirit realms with time limits, sure I can do them, but my wife couldn’t. And let’s not forgot the game ending bug (eventually patched) for taking on bosses out of order.

I see that there’s plenty of excitement for this, but personally, I rank SS pretty low, somewhere with Spirit Tracks.
Oh yeah, I mean the waggle controls sucked for sure because the Wii Remote (even with the Motion +) simply wasn't accurate enough for the sword/shield movements, won't argue with you there. Same thing about fillers, it honestly feels like every since OoT, most every Zelda game has a filler aspect and it just gets worse each time but I believe each one had a quick travel of some kind so that didn't bother me much. Didn't know there was a game ending bug though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the non-motion controls but I guess we'll see. I know it's not a remake but also can't tell it's a proper HD upgrade or just upscale like the Mario collection.

Is anyone else's Persona Strikers steelbook delivery much later than the game? The game is showing it'll be here on Friday but the steelbook says March 8. 

Got lucky, my steelbook and strikers order are in the same shipment. Though i'm in texas, I probably won't see any mail until next month

Got lucky, my steelbook and strikers order are in the same shipment. Though i'm in texas, I probably won't see any mail until next month
Same. Houston here. It shows it handed to UPS Friday…. And no updates since. So unless it makes super fast movements on Monday I’m just gonna run to BestBuy and buy it. I really want this game, would have bought digital and been playing already if not for that steel book.

Got my Switch steelbook and game yesterday. Never liked the Switch steelbooks much. They were both in the same package, which usually isn't the case for me when I get stuff from BB.

My PS4 steelbook and game are also in the same package and should be here Tuesday via UPS.
Strangest thing, my tracking now shows the steelbook included with the game (before, tracking shows the game was shipped but steelbook wouldn't be shipped until March 8) and set for delivery tomorrow but hasn't yet been picked up.

Strangest thing, my tracking now shows the steelbook included with the game (before, tracking shows the game was shipped but steelbook wouldn't be shipped until March 8) and set for delivery tomorrow but hasn't yet been picked up.
Same

Thanks for the share. Didn't last more than a few min - resellers are clearly all over this. Regardless, I couldn't pull the trigger. I like how they look but I just would never use them. I cannot stand default joycon controls. I either use the pro controller or the 3rd party hori products (with dpad) in handheld.

bread's done
Back