2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want Persona 5 Strikers, but I want the steelbook. Is the move to change the game to store pickup, but keep the steelbook for shipping and just never pick up the game to get my refund? and just be charged for the steelbook?

I don't want Persona 5 Strikers, but I want the steelbook. Is the move to change the game to store pickup, but keep the steelbook for shipping and just never pick up the game to get my refund? and just be charged for the steelbook?
that should work . you could just pick up both items and return the game and they'll charge you for the steelbook. then you don't have to worry about shipping damage

I actually feel just like that, seeing the Monster Hunter Rise SB.

Monster Hunter World was enough for me out of the series.  I don't see a reason to go through that grind again.  I enjoyed the game, but that gameplay loop isn't something I want to revisit since the game is very light on story.  

Mass Effect Legendary Cache is up at BioWare store with free shipping for this week only (includes Bioware exclusive female Shepard N7 art print):

https://gear.bioware.com/products/mass-effect-legendary-cache

Also the ME Legendary litho is available (limited print of 600 - ME limited prints have been a thing for years):

https://gear.bioware.com/products/mass-effect-legendary-edition-lithograph
I jumped on the cache pretty fast. I kinda like the open legendary litho better than the limited one.

If it came with the game I might have bit on that, but I'm in no rush to replay ME even as much as I loved the series. I'll just wait for a good discount I think.

How long does it take NIS to respond to their support email? Ys IX CE said it was delivered yesterday but I didn’t get it (went to post office before work this morning & it was delivered to the wrong complex & PO supervisor hasn’t called me back yet.)

Sent email last night to NIS support & no response. Meanwhile sent email to LRG at the same time last night & they already responded.

How long does it take NIS to respond to their support email? Ys IX CE said it was delivered yesterday but I didn’t get it (went to post office before work this morning & it was delivered to the wrong complex & PO supervisor hasn’t called me back yet.)

Sent email last night to NIS support & no response. Meanwhile sent email to LRG at the same time last night & they already responded.
I found it better to call them than to email their support. I dont think i got a response from email for a week or so but calling was faster (assuming they arent on lunch) 1 (855) 537-3635 is the number

NIS has really slow response times. I had a damaged CE show up a few months ago and it was a week for the initial response, another week to respond to my response and yet another week before they finally sent me a return label and arranged a replacement. They also don't answer their phones anymore apparently.

NIS has really slow response times. I had a damaged CE show up a few months ago and it was a week for the initial response, another week to respond to my response and yet another week before they finally sent me a return label and arranged a replacement. They also don't answer their phones anymore apparently.
So do I just file a PayPal chargeback to get their attention?

Edit: Just filed a dispute, let’s see if this gets their attention.

It's funny, I contacted them about updating my Ys IX payment (wanted to use a dif CC) about 4 weeks ago and they responded within 24 hrs about how I can change it. I contacted them my damaged Ryza 2 CE and no response yet after a week.

I found it better to call them than to email their support. I dont think i got a response from email for a week or so but calling was faster (assuming they arent on lunch) 1 (855) 537-3635 is the number
Have you tried calling lately? When I had the damage issue a few months ago I tried at multiple hours over a couple of days and nobody ever answered. I assume customer service is working from home and doesn't have the phone line forwarded.

If it came with the game I might have bit on that, but I'm in no rush to replay ME even as much as I loved the series. I'll just wait for a good discount I think.
Same here, I noped put as soon as I saw that the steelbook is just...empty.

I loved the series up until the controversial ending to 3 (played it before they added the "extended" ending) and wouldn't mind replaying it woth updated stuff, but I can definitely see the game being $20 on Black Friday this year.

I haven't seen this posted, but protip for Gear.Bioware store......log into your account, put the stuff you want in your cart totalling over $100, close the browser and walk away.  You'll likely get a coupon code for 20% off.  I did that a couple days ago and was able to use the code on the Collectors Edition, got it for $127 after 20% off and free shipping.  

The Bioware site now shows the CE as wave 2. Not sure if that's a release date launch like wave 1 or what.  Also the $50 litho is sold out but the same one without the silver logo at the bottom is up for $35.

Ahhh. I said I was done with CE's...
But I 'need' that mass effect helmet to sit with my titanfall, doom, and punisher war machine....

I went with the bioware store for the 2 canvas prints. Free flat rate shipping and no tax apparently...
Mine had tax. Must be different in each state. Before last year, I didn't have to pay taxes at an online store with no location in my state. The law changed and now most things online have taxes. Digital games on xbox do not.

if it matters to anyone, it looks like my Bioware order for the ME helmet has already posted.  My cc shows it as already charged, so I guess they don't wait till shipping time like most places.

20 hours since my PayPal claim against NIS & they still haven’t responded.
So the post office fixed their screwup so I got my CE on Wednesday & I canceled my claim, but NIS never responded to it or any of my emails.

Also MLB The Show CE’s have been up since Wed.; is the XBox CE exclusive to GS? Only Sony CE is on Best Buy.

NIppon Ichi support fucking sucks. I submitted payment 5 days ahead of time with paypal, and then they double billed me. It then took them 5 days to respond to an e-mail.

They used to have phone support but now they took them offline. Company sucks nuts now.

I don't know if the tracking info is inaccurate, but my Ys IX CE keeps bouncing back and forth between my city and a city across the other side of the state. Back and forth. Arrives in mine, then goes there, then comes back to mine, then goes back there again.

Maybe the tracking info is just wrong, it shows it's done that 4 times since it shipped.

I don't know if the tracking info is inaccurate, but my Ys IX CE keeps bouncing back and forth between my city and a city across the other side of the state. Back and forth. Arrives in mine, then goes there, then comes back to mine, then goes back there again.

Maybe the tracking info is just wrong, it shows it's done that 4 times since it shipped.
This happened to me around the holidays. Shipping services are still trying to catch up, it seems.

Ok, either I’m just really unlucky or some weird stuff is going on with USPS tracking. I have 3 CEs in transit. One the tracking had it bouncing between two cities back and forth for multiple days and the times of the arrivals and departures just didn’t add up with the distance between the cities, it would’ve been impossible. Now it’s just listed as “in transit, arriving late” for 4 days now.

The other has it arriving in my city’s main distribution center but then an hour later arriving at the local post office of a city a few hours away. Usually the routine is once it gets to my city, arrives to the main distribution center then arrives at my local post office, then comes to me.

Then the other was UPS sure post(which hands it off to USPS) and the tracking details between UPS’ site and USPS’ site are totally different.

And neither have updated for multiple days.

This is so weird.

I've had a lot of packages get delayed for several days for the past few weeks (maybe longer?). They all eventually arrived. The only issue I had was an order from xseed which got delivered to the wrong state (though the tracking correctly said that), so once I eventually got in contact with xseed, they just made a new shipment.

USPS around me has gotten a lot better as of late... for the past 5-6 months, I'd say 9 out of 10 packages would miss the delivery date and usually by 3-5 days. And the USPS delivery emails would say something is coming today even though the tracking itself was showing it was marked "arriving late". Even outgoing packages, would take 4-5 days to just get scanned in.

But past 2 weeks or so, I've only had 1 out of about 30 packages arrive late, and even then it was only 1 day late. 

USPS around me has gotten a lot better as of late... for the past 5-6 months, I'd say 9 out of 10 packages would miss the delivery date and usually by 3-5 days. And the USPS delivery emails would say something is coming today even though the tracking itself was showing it was marked "arriving late". Even outgoing packages, would take 4-5 days to just get scanned in.

But past 2 weeks or so, I've only had 1 out of about 30 packages arrive late, and even then it was only 1 day late.
This is pretty consistent with my experience, barring the last sentence. Most of my stuff continues to be a few days late - just enough to be annoying, but not enough to be concerning.

I got 2 of the 3 straightened out, but the Ys IX CE still is just listed as "in transit, running late" for 6 days now. No new scan.

USPS told me they have a huge backlog, but most of my other packages get here on time. And their system says it'll be here Wednesday, but it doesn't say that when I enter tracking, so I don't know. Last update was made it to my nearest distribution center and then all updates just stopped. Hope it isn't lost, I don't feel like dealing with NIS to get a replacement, their customer service is a PITA.

20210210-170411806-i-OS.jpg
20210210-170430924-i-OS.jpg

bread's done
Back