2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what the heck I thought persona 5 strikers was a Nintendo switch version of persona lol. How is this hack and slash game?
It's mostly a persona game (heist, velvet room etc), the combat is semi-warrior style, but for the most part u will still wanna hit weakness with skills and use all out attack.

I took a risk and got one of the 2077 steelbooks on ebay while I waited on mine to finally come in. I got mine today and it's the one I had. Doh!

So it’s confirmed it’s a Switch sized Steelbook for P5S on PS4 at BB? If that’s the case I’ll just buy the digital deluxe edition on PSN then.

Atelier 2 CE'S back in stock at NIS America (0-5%), most likely from orders they couldn't charge and were cancelled. Last chance before eBay prices.

Does the Best Buy preorder of P5S still get the bonus digital content from the digital deluxe PSN version? When I went to pre order it on BB now that it gets a Blu-Ray Steelbook, there was no mention of the digital extras anymore.

Does anyone know why on Best Buy's site, but harder to find items, sometimes the "check stores" button disappears and it just says "sold out"

It seems to alternate back and forth. I don't understand that.

Four down, one to go.

Cyberpunk-steelbook-collection.jpg

Doubtful. BBY usually only offers one incentive bonus item and for this they're already offering the Cat Mario keychain/pin
They did add the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee ones after the games had been out for a year, but as far as I can tell that was a fluke. Can't think of any other situations where it's happened, at least. I was hoping for it to happen again on Luigi's Mansion 3 but that never came to fruition.

As much as I would have loved to get a Bravely Default 2 Collector's Edition, BBY is offering a pre-order bonus with the regular edition.  (There will probably be a big ol art book through Dark Horse sometime in the future like the other games)

Looks like it's a place-mat and some coasters?

[attachment=35179:Bravely Default 2.png]

Thanks, ordered one!

They did add the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee ones after the games had been out for a year, but as far as I can tell that was a fluke. Can't think of any other situations where it's happened, at least. I was hoping for it to happen again on Luigi's Mansion 3 but that never came to fruition.
Yup, and that's done with the sole purpose of trying to sell more copies of the game at full price months after release. Here you can secure the steelbook right away. It's a good deal, and my order came out to $54.21 with international shipping.

Yep, but the situation is different with that and here. With let's go, they never offered an bonus item initially. Here they are, which is why I'm pretty convinced it's doubtful they will suddenly add or switch a steelbook in.

I would love to be wrong, but historically, Best Buy tends to follow their their precedents.

Thoughts on the big edition of Scott Pilgrim from Limited Run?
The KO edition? It'll be worth every penny imo. Also picked up the pin set, the trading cards, and the vinyl. Honestly, I'm going all out. I don't expect it to arrive until the second half of 2021. Might buy digital while I wait :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well props to Nintendo for putting out the steelbook during new release week this time. 

That damned Pokemon steelbook never even got cheaper than $40 (alone) at Best Buy stores and it was there for over a year. 

Cheaper than US copies as well. Noice!

I thought about the Scott Pilgrim KO edition but since I've not played the game or super excited about it, I'll pass. Really anything from LRG sounds cool at first, but the long waits and big prices help me lose interest pretty fast.

Edit: Does Shopto show the steelbook in the pre-order anywhere or we just gotta believe it'll show up? :p

Cheaper than US copies as well. Noice!

I thought about the Scott Pilgrim KO edition but since I've not played the game or super excited about it, I'll pass. Really anything from LRG sounds cool at first, but the long waits and big prices help me lose interest pretty fast.

Edit: Does Shopto show the steelbook in the pre-order anywhere or we just gotta believe it'll show up? :p

[attachment=35181:Screenshot_20210116-213608_Chrome.jpg][attachment=35182:Screenshot_20210116-213323_Chrome.jpg]

Never buying anything from unlimited run games, hey guys limited to 1500 copies, no 2500 copies, no 3500 copies, no wait 5000 copies, actually we just have 6 week pre-order windows now but we just left our name the same.

Never buying anything from unlimited run games, hey guys limited to 1500 copies, no 2500 copies, no 3500 copies, no wait 5000 copies, actually we just have 6 week pre-order windows now but we just left our name the same.
There are a lot of reasons not to buy from LRG, but the idea that consumer friendly policies like open preorders for a set period of time is one of them is really just stupid. Also, maybe check the dictionary for the definition of "limited".

Doubtful. BBY usually only offers one incentive bonus item and for this they're already offering the Cat Mario keychain/pin
They could offer it down the line when there is a lull in sales. Animal Crossing has already had multiple promo items with the preorder Bell bag, the cleaning cloth and then the Christmas stocking.

There are a lot of reasons not to buy from LRG, but the idea that consumer friendly policies like open preorders for a set period of time is one of them is really just stupid. Also, maybe check the dictionary for the definition of "limited".
Pretty sure anyone familiar with LRG knows exactly what I'm talking about, nothing they sell now is "limited" by any true sense of the word like how they started and how they should have kept it. You're kind of known as the board retard though so I'm not sure why I'm replying to this.

Pretty sure anyone familiar with LRG knows exactly what I'm talking about, nothing they sell now is "limited" by any true sense of the word like how they started and how they should have kept it. You're kind of known as the board retard though so I'm not sure why I'm replying to this.
Again, "limited" does not mean what you seem to think it does and never has. The fact that you care more about having something that some other people can't versus supporting consumer friendly policies that give everyone a fair shot shows exactly the type of person you are. Of course, your use of an outdated and widely rejected slur to attempt to insult me probably says a lot about exactly who you are as well.

Again, "limited" does not mean what you seem to think it does and never has. The fact that you care more about having something that some other people can't versus supporting consumer friendly policies that give everyone a fair shot shows exactly the type of person you are. Of course, your use of an outdated and widely rejected slur to attempt to insult me probably says a lot about exactly who you are as well.
Ahh you're one of the whiney slow ones who never got anything, it was always fair, everyone had the same chance the losers just missed out, such is life. My point apparently didn't sail over your head you're just salty because you couldn't cut it when things were actually limited and maintained any real value which is the entire point of limited collectibles.

"Consumer friendly policies", "widely rejected slur", you'll survive cupcake, think happy thoughts.

Ahh you're one of the whiney slow ones who never got anything, it was always fair, everyone had the same chance the losers just missed out, such is life. My point apparently didn't sail over your head you're just salty because you couldn't cut it when things were actually limited and maintained any real value which is the entire point of limited collectibles.

"Consumer friendly policies", "widely rejected slur", you'll survive cupcake, think happy thoughts.
I've been buying from LRG and every other limited company from day one. Never missed a single release. Got any other theories? Is your mom super impressed with your "limited collectibles" taking up all the space in your childhood bedroom where you still reside?

It looks like this is no longer available for US shipping. When I add it to my cart I receive a message that says "This item is not available in your country."
I tried buying it this morning with two diff credit cards and got the error saying my card declined the transaction... which isn't true because both credit cards show a 1 cent charge/refund. Was hoping it was a temp error but should have figured it would have been OOS.

I tried buying it this morning with two diff credit cards and got the error saying my card declined the transaction... which isn't true because both credit cards show a 1 cent charge/refund. Was hoping it was a temp error but should have figured it would have been OOS.
It may be coincidence, but I was having the same error about my credit card until I turned off the VPN on my phone. I thought my bank was just autodeclining because of it. However, if you're not using a VPN it might be more what you said and I just got lucky right after turning mine off.

This might be the only board where you can win an argument by proving you’re the biggest geek.

Well met.

I've been buying from LRG and every other limited company from day one. Never missed a single release. Got any other theories? Is your mom super impressed with your "limited collectibles" taking up all the space in your childhood bedroom where you still reside?
Imagine posting on what is essentially a video game collector's edition hoarding thread and then making fun of video game hoarders

a big collective shaq fu to you from the entire mass of us who sit here and fill mom's basement with our games and are damn proud of it, thanks.

bread's done
Back