2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Terminator Resistance: Enhanced PS5 CE coming March 26th 2021

attachicon.gif
EpXwrB0W8AAXTQs.jpg
Free next gen upgrade for owners of last gen copies

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Returned to BB today with no issues. Manager was called over but I think this was because of the amount....?
Ok thank you. Manager approval might be because it was marked as non returnable because I've returned more expensive items before without a manager approval.

Does anyone here actually want to return it? Everyone was concerned about them not getting it a week ago, now people want to return it.
I'm keeping mine, got it a few days ago and haven't had the chance to fire it up but I'm willing to stick with my purchase. Bought it to play the game and even though it may turn out to be a let down the CE itself is a neat addition to my collection.

I'm hoping for a Tales of Arise CE in 2021.

Also hoping for some type of FF7R part 2 announcement at some point.
I think a Tales CE is a pretty good bet. Just depends on what comes in it, Bandai Namco usually only does a "Standard" and "Collector's" version right? So I'd imagine we will get a large CE (With artbook, OST, Chibi figures, keychains, etc.).

In terms of FF related stuff I would imagine Square will announce an FF7R "definitive Edition" for when the Sony exclusivity ends in order to get people to double dip. Don't forget Square also wants to hype up FF16 which will most likely be released between Q4 21 and Q2 22 (My own estimation) so I think they will be pushing that a lot more than anything FF7R Part 2 related in the immediate future.

12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CETerminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
Ty for the updates. Everything List & the Big Picture CE posts are updated. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like the Cyberpunk CE, I thought the contents were really nice and the design of the container for the non statue portion was clever. Plus I only paid $200 for it with GCU, and I'll probably get around to playing the game in a couple of years, and all.

Has anyone gotten anything else from Best Buy regarding them shipping the Cyberpunk 2077 collector's editions back? The last thing I received was the email with the gift card and saying that they would be sending another email when they ship it back. Just asking since I haven't received anything else, and I know some people here had the same problem, and was wondering if it was time to contact them again.

Has anyone gotten anything else from Best Buy regarding them shipping the Cyberpunk 2077 collector's editions back? The last thing I received was the email with the gift card and saying that they would be sending another email when they ship it back. Just asking since I haven't received anything else, and I know some people here had the same problem, and was wondering if it was time to contact them again.
I got another email with a tracking number in it. The subject was another "important information about your order" email and not a normal shipping email. I got my CE last night.

I got another email with a tracking number in it. The subject was another "important information about your order" email and not a normal shipping email. I got my CE last night.
Thanks. Do you mind me asking when you received the email? The last time I got that "important information about your order" email was on December 9th notifying me of the mistake and that they would ship it back to me. I guess it's time to contact them again.

The free Avengers steelbook at Best Buy no longer offered as a free gift when purchased with the game, there's still some stock left so they might start selling these individually.

Wario64 just posted an announcement from Best Buy forum: they will accept return of both opened and unopened copies of Cyberpunk (standard,CE and digital) up until Dec 21st.

Wario64 just posted an announcement from Best Buy forum: they will accept return of both opened and unopened copies of Cyberpunk (standard,CE and digital) up until Dec 21st.

Lol wow, so anyone who gets this as a Christmas gift and wants to return it is screwed. How considerate of them to give THREE WHOLE DAYS to return it at this point.

The free Avengers steelbook at Best Buy no longer offered as a free gift when purchased with the game, there's still some stock left so they might start selling these individually.

The steelbook might be worth more than the game at this point. They should just flip it and put the steelbook up for sale and get the game free with the steelbook.

Lol wow, so anyone who gets this as a Christmas gift and wants to return it is screwed. How considerate of them to give THREE WHOLE DAYS to return it at this point.
I mean they don't have to even do that. Like Fallout 76 was a disaster too but don't think any stores extended the deadline. CDPR basically lost all goodwill out of this... honestly shocked they'd even allow something like this to hit the market.

I mean they don't have to even do that. Like Fallout 76 was a disaster too but don't think any stores extended the deadline. CDPR basically lost all goodwill out of this... honestly shocked they'd even allow something like this to hit the market.
Fallout 76 was more about people bitching that Bethesda made a game they didn't want to play over Fallout 5. It didn't suffer any more from bugs than past Fallout games which are worlds apart from everything I've seen online about Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is just an unfinished game, legitimately.

And that's why Bethesda got hit with a lawsuit and had to settle out of court for Fallout 76. PR wise this might keep people from hitting CDPR with lawsuit....maybe.

If anyone to blame, blame Sony and MS for certifying this half baked potato.

That's for opened copies. Unopened copies follow the same return period after the 21st, which is pretty much 1/16 for the holiday season.

I’d like to know how they plan to process digital copy returns, and also if they will accept digital returns on copies that were purchased after this announcement.

Edit: looks like it only applies to Xbox one digital.

Did you have to return your steelbook too to get your full refund back? My steelbook just shipped now finally.
Idk if it was required but I took it back too. Received the steelbook days ago. So I didn't want to get charged or didn't want to deal with it at all.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Did you have to return your steelbook too to get your full refund back? My steelbook just shipped now finally.
When I returned my normal edition they were going to charge me $20 if I didn't return the steelbook (Which I got 2 days BEFORE the game arrived) so yes you will most likely need to return them together.

That's for opened copies. Unopened copies follow the same return period after the 21st, which is pretty much 1/16 for the holiday season.
I mean, think about what you said. Why would anyone give a gift that was just going to be immediately returned?

You're really claiming that people don't do returns of unopened products after christmas? Think about what you said.
The original point was that this falls short of Christmas, when people would get this as a gift, open it to play it, and then be SOL if they decide it's trash.

Right now they're claiming a patch on the 21st will magically fix everything, but when it doesn't they will look like shitlords again for ruining Christmas with retailers once again refusing returns on open games. I mean, forget about stop digging when you're in a hole; they seriously want to be buried alive at this point.

The original point was that this falls short of Christmas, when people would get this as a gift, open it to play it, and then be SOL if they decide it's trash.

Right now they're claiming a patch on the 21st will magically fix everything, but when it doesn't they will look like shitlords again for ruining Christmas with retailers once again refusing returns on open games. I mean, forget about stop digging when you're in a hole; they seriously want to be buried alive at this point.
It’s the most generous return/refund policy ever offered that I’m aware of. That’s enough for me to view them as genuinely trying to address the situation. Shitlords continuing to dig themselves deeper? Seems over dramatic and cruel. Trying to release all platforms at once was a foolish mistake but I don’t think much more than a mistake. I’ll still take what they tried to create, what we got so far, and what we could eventually get (given their handling of Witcher 3 improvements) over deceptive micro transaction laden cash grabs for which the official return policy is “got ya sucker, now give us more.” Not just the return policy, a key component of the game design and primary reason for its existence...all this vitriol is better directed at that exploitative cancerous crap in my opinion.

It’s the most generous return/refund policy ever offered that I’m aware of. That’s enough for me to view them as genuinely trying to address the situation. Shitlords continuing to dig themselves deeper? Seems over dramatic and cruel. Trying to release all platforms at once was a foolish mistake but I don’t think much more than a mistake. I’ll still take what they tried to create, what we got so far, and what we could eventually get (given their handling of Witcher 3 improvements) over deceptive micro transaction laden cash grabs for which the official return policy is “got ya sucker, now give us more.” Not just the return policy, a key component of the game design and primary reason for its existence...all this vitriol is better directed at that exploitative cancerous crap in my opinion.
No it’s not them being generous, if they didn’t offer refunds they would of gotten another class action lawsuit. This is a multi billion dollar corporation, them releasing a broken game wasn’t a “mistake”, they did it because the investors literally pushed them to and gave them no other choice, and in their eyes it’s better to be in trouble with the consumer rather than the investors. Not sure why people are making so many excuses for them “oh poor billion dollar company doesn’t know what they’re doing! ):” lol yeah right

No it’s not them being generous, if they didn’t offer refunds they would of gotten another class action lawsuit. This is a multi billion dollar corporation, them releasing a broken game wasn’t a “mistake”, they did it because the investors literally pushed them to and gave them no other choice, and in their eyes it’s better to be in trouble with the consumer rather than the investors. Not sure why people are making so many excuses for them “oh poor billion dollar company doesn’t know what they’re doing! ):” lol yeah right
This reminds me of when MS offered a 3 year warranty on their piece of shit original Xbox 360 and some people saw it as if MS was doing this out of sheer goodwill. No, they were doing it because they were getting sued. They released a faulty product, saw the market wasn't putting up with it, so they got ahead of it before more lawsuits.

I said it’s a generous offer, which it is. What more would you want now that the game is already released? They delayed the game twice? three times? Seems to me like a genuine effort to improve it. Another delay would have also caused huge fallout. At that point, yes, shitty elements probably forced the release for all platforms when it should have been further delayed or a staggered release, but I don’t think that makes them all shitlords. They still created an ambitious, unique and compelling product. Again, I think vitriol like that should be reserved for products where everyone working on them knowingly just create exploitative or deceptive cash grabs. The company is still relatively new as a top tier AAA developer and only went public in 2018. I could see that changing some dynamics, bringing in more influencers making decisions for financial reasons than they used to have. Allowing their voice to win out was a mistake. Was the intent all along to deceptively market then release a subpar product and cash in on foolish customers? I don’t think so, and personally that would be the only type of product I would feel comfortable in crapping on the years of work that still did go into it. When’s the last time we got a new entrant into the AAA development space, and from a country with no other large studios?

I said it’s a generous offer, which it is. What more would you want now that the game is already released? They delayed the game twice? three times? Seems to me like a genuine effort to improve it. Another delay would have also caused huge fallout. At that point, yes, shitty elements probably forced the release for all platforms when it should have been further delayed or a staggered release, but I don’t think that makes them all shitlords. They still created an ambitious, unique and compelling product. Again, I think vitriol like that should be reserved for products where everyone working on them knowingly just create exploitative or deceptive cash grabs. The company is still relatively new as a top tier AAA developer and only went public in 2018. I could see that changing some dynamics, bringing in more influencers making decisions for financial reasons than they used to have. Allowing their voice to win out was a mistake. Was the intent all along to deceptively market then release a subpar product and cash in on foolish customers? I don’t think so, and personally that would be the only type of product I would feel comfortable in crapping on the years of work that still did go into it. When’s the last time we got a new entrant into the AAA development space, and from a country with no other large studios?
I think you should google the definition of the word “generous”. They did not offer refunds until their hand was forced. It’s like if a restaurant served you a raw steak and then gave you a refund for it, would you call them generous? No the steak shouldn’t have been raw in the first place.
Was the game a scam the whole time? Maybe for the developers it wasn’t but from managements perspective it feels like it. Once again, they are a multi BILLION dollar corporation. Everything they do is calculated.

I think you should google the definition of the word “generous”. They did not offer refunds until their hand was forced. It’s like if a restaurant served you a raw steak and then gave you a refund for it, would you call them generous? No the steak shouldn’t have been raw in the first place.
Was the game a scam the whole time? Maybe for the developers it wasn’t but from managements perspective it feels like it. Once again, they are a multi BILLION dollar corporation. Everything they do is calculated.
Generous: showing a readiness to give more of something, as money or time, than is strictly necessary or expected.

They have offered full refunds for the PC version, which is perfectly functional and highly praised by most accounts, and they did it pretty much immediately? Not sure how you could argue that was necessary. Being ambitious with creating a brand new ip rather than just milking the Witcher annually ubi-style, or adding paywalls and micro-transactions was also more than expected of a multi billion dollar company coldly calculating all decisions. All the physical and digital extras with the game (the equivalent or better than a $120 Ubisoft or EA Gold / Ultimate / BS edition) I would also say are generous. Were the first few delays in the midst of the COVID pandemic calculated as part of some corporate scheme to generate hype? Not everything always goes according to plan, and when it came time that another delay was probably necessary, they said no, we can’t delay again, it’s good enough, release it and we will fix it more later like everyone else does. That seems the most likely explanation for how things played out, not some nefarious scheme.

I just think the hate and negative impact to many’s livelihoods is out of proportion, especially when it seems to me they had good intentions with the product they were / are trying to create, and their positive past history of generous improvements and support with the Witcher 3. Just got released before it should of for too many platforms at once, the worst of which are un-optimized and buggy, but that’s certainly nothing new. I welcome this new precedent that Sony has set though, if it applies to all going forward. No more games released until they are complete and ready.

Looks like Best Buy is getting a steelbook for Playstation Persona 5 Strikers preorders![attachment=35116:20201223_174941.jpg]

People on other forums are reporting that this is just the same Switch size steelbook and that this will not be a PS4 steelbook at all based on the SKU that was added to their orders.
Well than that will be comically stupid (Of Atlus? Best Buy? Both??). I can't wait to see what comes in the mail.

If true, this would be great news. I'm sorry but I have no idea how people who don't spend a ton of time on public transport spend time playing the NS and if I'm playing on my TV, I'd rather have the game on the more powerful system. I only ordered it on the NS for the SB but if the PS4 is getting it's own SB, I'd going with PS4. 

EDIT* doesn't look like it's showing the SB with the PS4 for now so maybe still not updated on the website. 

If true, this would be great news. I'm sorry but I have no idea how people who don't spend a ton of time on public transport spend time playing the NS and if I'm playing on my TV, I'd rather have the game on the more powerful system. I only ordered it on the NS for the SB but if the PS4 is getting it's own SB, I'd going with PS4.

EDIT* doesn't look like it's showing the SB with the PS4 for now so maybe still not updated on the website.
What's even more odd is that the listing for the Switch steelbook says it is DVD/CD sized and can hold a disc. It makes me think this is one of those situations where there is no Switch size steelbook and there will just be a generic steelbook that they will send regardless of which version you order.

People on other forums are reporting that this is just the same Switch size steelbook and that this will not be a PS4 steelbook at all based on the SKU that was added to their orders.
Wait. I may be a bit daft here, but does that mean a mismatched steelbook? That is rather odd

bread's done
Back