2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Also of note, my Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury w/ steelbook shipped from Amazon UK. I hope to the gaming gods they shipped it in a box but I have not had the best luck with Amazon UK on shipping. 

If any other CAGs happened to have bought the Dark Souls Trilogy compendium (hardcover), I would recommend selling it on Amazon right now. 

I emailed NISA about my Ys and how long I have to wait until they consider it lost to offer a replacement or refund. They responded, but totally ignored the question and told me to contact the post office.

I contacted USPS and they said with delays it could take up to 3 months to arrive. They said you can file a claim if you want, but to "give it a couple months. Our distribution centers are overloaded and no one's getting their packages on time." Meanwhile an item I ordered a few days ago shipped via USPS and got to me one day after it hit my distribution center.

Yeah, whatever. This is clearly going nowhere, I'm contact my bank if I don't get it by the end of the month and getting my money back.

Also of note, my Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury w/ steelbook shipped from Amazon UK. I hope to the gaming gods they shipped it in a box but I have not had the best luck with Amazon UK on shipping.
Are you getting it shipped to the US? Because when I tried to order it, it said can't ship to my address (in the US)

I emailed NISA about my Ys and how long I have to wait until they consider it lost to offer a replacement or refund. They responded, but totally ignored the question and told me to contact the post office.

I contacted USPS and they said with delays it could take up to 3 months to arrive. They said you can file a claim if you want, but to "give it a couple months. Our distribution centers are overloaded and no one's getting their packages on time." Meanwhile an item I ordered a few days ago shipped via USPS and got to me one day after it hit my distribution center.

Yeah, whatever. This is clearly going nowhere, I'm contact my bank if I don't get it by the end of the month and getting my money back.
Was it actually ever delivered anywhere? I went to the post office that handles my mail, talked to a supervisor, and they immediately saw that it had been delivered to the wrong address and within 2 days I got it delivered to me. Maybe try talking with someone at your local post office?

Also I'm surprised NIS responded to you, they didn't even respond to me or PayPal when I opened a claim (which I closed once I got the item.)

Was it actually ever delivered anywhere? I went to the post office that handles my mail, talked to a supervisor, and they immediately saw that it had been delivered to the wrong address and within 2 days I got it delivered to me. Maybe try talking with someone at your local post office?

Also I'm surprised NIS responded to you, they didn't even respond to me or PayPal when I opened a claim (which I closed once I got the item.)
No, it wasn't delivered. It bounced back and forth between my city and another city on the other side of the state, but I'm not even sure the scans were legit because the way they line up didn't make much sense. Regardless, the last scan I had was it hit my distribution center Feb. 3rd. And has since stopped updating. Every package I've ever gotten from USPS, even during the holidays, and a couple in the last week got to me within 24 hours of hitting the distribution center.

My local post office just gave me the same runaround. Said their distribution centers are so overloaded they had to borrow space from other cities and that my package isn't lost, but it could take months. I said well how come a package I ordered a few days ago got to me within 2 days? And he's like "they're prioritizing the new ones." And I said well just a week ago this package was also a new one, it's not like I ordered it back in December. And he just said "Trust me, a package I ordered in November just got to me last week, we're too backed up."

I also called one of their local consumer affairs lines last week, the guy was nice, told me he'd run it up the totem pole and I'd get a call within 24 hours. I never got one. They told me to file a missing package online too and I should get a response in 1-3 days. Never got one.

I went through this a couple times before a few years ago. I filed all these things online, never once got a response and they told me to keep waiting. After a month when I never got it, I had to go to my bank and get refunded. Never got those items despite how many times they told me I would get them eventually.

If any other CAGs happened to have bought the Dark Souls Trilogy compendium (hardcover), I would recommend selling it on Amazon right now.
I buy multiples of future press guides and most CE guides- I usually open the one that’s invariably smashed or dented.

Did we ever find out if we should be selling because there’s a reprint coming or just because the price is high? I’m not sure it’s worth selling just because the price is high ... if it’s rare, then it can always go higher.

Did we ever find out if we should be selling because there’s a reprint coming or just because the price is high? I’m not sure it’s worth selling just because the price is high ... if it’s rare, then it can always go higher.
I didn’t see anything about a reprint on their social feeds. FWIW their book for Control just came out. Looks nice but haven’t opened it yet.

The Art and Making of Control Limited Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/3869931051/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_X3YEQSY0PRNGGA88Z8WP

So they actual;ly have a different steel book for switch and ps4?
No PS4 version has shown up yet so maybe not? Unless someone has tried buying each version on separate orders and can tell if there are 2 different steelbook skus.

No PS4 version has shown up yet so maybe not? Unless someone has tried buying each version on separate orders and can tell if there are 2 different steelbook skus.
I ordered both on separate orders and can confirm there are two separate skus for the Steelbooks.

PS4 sku is 6446665

Switch sku is 6442617

Yeah seems the steelbook is out of stock for shipping, have to drive around 20 miles to get it from a local bestbuy now, but for me the game + steelbook are worth it.

I got my Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury from Amazon UK yesterday. Came in a cardboard like envelope, no padding, delivered with no issues. Steelbook is pristine, I'm really happy with my order/delivery

I got my Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury from Amazon UK yesterday. Came in a cardboard like envelope, no padding, delivered with no issues. Steelbook is pristine, I'm really happy with my order/delivery
Waiting on mine from shopto but the snow made sure nothing is getting here for a few days. yay

Who delivered it? Mine was supposed to be delivered by DHL on Monday, then Tuesday and now today due to snow here. Anxious to see what my luck is but DHL has been very hit or miss for me.

My SB3D World game and SB just arrived safe and sound. Was shipped in a cardboard mailer so was nervous when I got it. 

Finally got my Ys CE. I left an angry message at my local USPS consumer affairs voicemail and 4 hours later the package tracking updated. Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but nonetheless all's well that ends well.

Well this is a first, my SB3D and Steelbook from Amazon UK shipped on the 12th.  Got a random email today from Amazon UK that it was returned from the shipper and i would be getting a refund.  Not sure why it was sent back and no explanation on my account unless it got damaged in transit.

Famicom Detective Club Japanese CE is up at Amazon.com for preorder

note: amazon says it does NOT have english subs, product details say Japanese and Chinese

61JIUZ%2BJAOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08WWD3YRL/

and

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08WWJ6Y86/

Hope: Skyward Sword HD Remaster CE with SB and artbook 

Most likely outcome: Skyward Sword HD Remaster CE with SB and artbook but Nintendo decided to only produce 27 copies 

Nightmare: Skyward Sword HD Remaster CE with SB and artbook but Nintendo decided to only produce 27 copies and they're exclusive to NYC Nintendo Store at an overpriced MSRP 

In all seriousness, so glad to see SSHD happening. Game was amazing, easily a top tier Zelda game for me with ALttP, Link's Awakening, Oracles and OoT. 

Well this is a first, my SB3D and Steelbook from Amazon UK shipped on the 12th. Got a random email today from Amazon UK that it was returned from the shipper and i would be getting a refund. Not sure why it was sent back and no explanation on my account unless it got damaged in transit.
Happened to me too. Got an UPS tracking number that never tracked. I don’t think this item was ever meant to be exportable and Amazon probably just closed the loophole.

I remember when skyward sword came out for the Wii. I was deciding the night before whether to go with the regular edition or the special edition (with the gold wiimote). I decided last minute to go with the special edition. Woke up in the morning 20 minutes after Kmart opened and went in only to be told “one guy came in here at opening and bought all 6 we had”.

This was back before everyone hoarded Nintendo items and their new releases were easily attainable. I was floored. And also pissed at the associate for letting one guy buy all 6.

I remember when skyward sword came out for the Wii. I was deciding the night before whether to go with the regular edition or the special edition (with the gold wiimote). I decided last minute to go with the special edition. Woke up in the morning 20 minutes after Kmart opened and went in only to be told “one guy came in here at opening and bought all 6 we had”.

This was back before everyone hoarded Nintendo items and their new releases were easily attainable. I was floored. And also pissed at the associate for letting one guy buy all 6.
A lot of people are gonna be pissed like you again because Best Buy has now sold out too.

Got 2 of the old SS bundles, actually just listed my extra sealed copy on ebay a few days ago. Forgot I even had 2 until I moved a bunch of stuff last week.

In the process of trying to refinance my house I missed the Zelda joy cons... And I'm about as big of a Zelda fanboy as there can be.

Priorities :/

bread's done
Back