2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Then now you know how serious global logistics imbalances are outside of your specific company/subsector. It’s not an excuse, it just is. You can’t hedge freight prices going up 2000% or global shortages of containers.
You're inferring too much from my comments. At no point did I say that global logistics were all fine and dandy.

What I am saying is that COVID has become a convenient excuse for any delay, whether it's truly the cause or not. Even in companies or industries where logistics aren't a factor (i.e. software development), people would rather point the finger at COVID than be transparent and accountable when things go wrong.

My goodbye GCU 25% off coupon had an expiration date in April 2021, but I tried to use it today and said it expired.

Is this worth calling and arguing over?

Why would it have a small print run?
Some of the more niche publishers like NISA, XSEED, IFI, and Koei-Tecmo have been doing lower print runs lately. Games like Utawarerumouno: Prelude, Atelier Ryza, and Trails of Cold Steel 2 have all shot up in price on the secondhand market as a result.

My goodbye GCU 25% off coupon had an expiration date in April 2021, but I tried to use it today and said it expired.

The same thing happened to me back when I lost my GCU back in 2018 or whatever- called them and they said nothing they can do but maybe you'll have better luck.

Some of the more niche publishers like NISA, XSEED, IFI, and Koei-Tecmo have been doing lower print runs lately. Games like Utawarerumouno: Prelude, Atelier Ryza, and Trails of Cold Steel 2 have all shot up in price on the secondhand market as a result.
I was at BBY on Saturday and saw a copy of Ryza 2 sitting there... I just said fuck it and bought it because of exactly what you said. There's been a handful of niche games that I passed on thinking I'd see them on sale like I did during the PS3 era but it seems like everything just disappears as soon as I blink.

Don't know, but a bunch of people had expired coupons. Myself included. I don't recall anyone mentioning calling them up.

NISA is easily the worst among them, Utawarerumouno and Disaster Report 4 were gone without ever getting a price drop. The Xseed stuff seems to get 1 price drop. IFI is not as bad as they have their own store and have black friday sales.

Koei-tecmo...uggg...Just looking up the prices of the Berserk Musou or "Attack on Titan: Final Battle" is nauseating. The games are decent, but absolutely NOT worth the prices people are asking.

Covid is making this market absolutely crazy, and I fear it won't settle down for a looooong time even after the vaccines roll out.

Atelier Ryza (Switch) did get a reprint. It was around $60 again a few months before Ryza 2 released, and now it's back up to $120+ for new copies. I already got a PAL/UK copy, but would have preferred a NTSC/US one. I did get Ryza 2 (US version) even though I have no intention on playing it in the near future.

I know what you mean by 'some' NISA games having lower print runs or having game releases that are only found physically in one of their Limited Editions (no standard edition). Ys Collector's Editions are always a safe bet at being harder to find and higher MSRP over time, same with Persona Collector's Editions.

This came in today. I was worried it would be smashed since it was in a bubble mailer, but no damage at all.

$39.99 on Amazon

Bd1mehy.jpg

I wonder if the print for the steelbook will be same like it was for Yakuza, since that one was available for like forever or if it will be same like the Persona Strikers disaster haha

Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to wait for a sale on the trilogy, but I probably need that steelbook.

Lucky you, I ordered Rune Factory 4 Archival Edition, one for me another for my friend. They sent me two copies with damaged outter boxes + LPN sticker on them. LPN = Warehouse articles, or returns that were marked as damaged. I ordered them new, and they sent me that :( Ah well for $60 it's okay since they are out of print I guess :(

This came in today. I was worried it would be smashed since it was in a bubble mailer, but no damage at all.

$39.99 on Amazon

Bd1mehy.jpg

Lucky you, I ordered Rune Factory 4 Archival Edition, one for me another for my friend. They sent me two copies with damaged outter boxes + LPN sticker on them. LPN = Warehouse articles, or returns that were marked as damaged. I ordered them new, and they sent me that :( Ah well for $60 it's okay since they are out of print I guess :(
To be fair, the RF4 Archival Editions were available for quite a while at the $50 price. I got one extra, and opened the other. Fun game with a lot of charm. I'm not one to like any farming aspect at all, so I mainly played it for the battle system.

Sadly I just got into the whole farming thing recently when the archival edition was sold out everywhere already :/

You think the archival edition is worth its price?

To be fair, the RF4 Archival Editions were available for quite a while at the $50 price. I got one extra, and opened the other. Fun game with a lot of charm. I'm not one to like any farming aspect at all, so I mainly played it for the battle system.

Well, you bought them already, so it's whatever you feel is worth it. If you played the earlier entries and have some history with them, then sure! I personally never played any aside from Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny on PS3. Never even looked at the art book (not a fan of them).

So again, it's worth whatever you feel.

I wonder if the print for the steelbook will be same like it was for Yakuza, since that one was available for like forever or if it will be same like the Persona Strikers disaster haha
I would lean towards the former because this is EA we're talking about. They're more likely to produce the heck out of that steelbook.

Cold Steel 1-3 are all out of print now. Glad I got mine in Sept right before they disappeared from Amazon.

I'm waiting for them to release 1/2 in the US for Switch, hopefully physically. They were in Japan I believe it was, but no word on a localisation. I have them on PS3 already, but it would be nice to get them all on one system.

maybe its damaged returns?
Just slowly being restocked. They obviously didn't get the amount intended for release week.

In other news. Best Buy is getting in Borderlands 3 steelbooks for some reason. I can't see them bundling this with the game until it goes off of the $10 sale price. The steel is $10 by itself so you might just want to just grab one.

20210310-182832681-i-OS.jpg
20210310-182842120-i-OS.jpg

Not exactly a collector's edition, but the XBox Borderlands Super Deluxe version w/season pass is $20 on Amazon and out of print. Won't be a way to get game and DLC for this cheap for quite awhile.

They automatically added a mass effect steelbook to my already existing mass effect preorder from before GCU ended. Pretty stoked to run through those games again

They automatically added a mass effect steelbook to my already existing mass effect preorder from before GCU ended. Pretty stoked to run through those games again
I always loved ME1, loved the lore and story and just exploring alien worlds. ME2 was great too, but I didn't care as much for the more shooter-esque gameplay but still loved it. ME3.... well everything outside of the final few hours was great.

I always loved ME1, loved the lore and story and just exploring alien worlds. ME2 was great too, but I didn't care as much for the more shooter-esque gameplay but still loved it. ME3.... well everything outside of the final few hours was great.
ME3 is my favorite of the series. I think of the whole game as an ending. So many story threads come to a satisfying close in that game. People wanted all the plot points to be touched on at the very end of the game which isn't realistic.

1 and 3 had a better mix of characters and story. 2 just felt like all character quests with collectors being really easy to forget about outside of the 3 or 4 missions they are in. I still loved 2 as well, but it's my least favorite. I may like Andromeda more than 2 also even though it fell victim to the cluttered open world map stuff we have today. I don't mind clearing the map in those kinda games but can see how it's not for everyone.

Is there a point in getting the trilogy if you already have the PC versions? Did they upgrade textures or polygon count or something? I should have sold my OG Xbox CE long ago when it was actually worth something...

I don't see the Mass Effect steelbook mentioned anywhere on Best Buy's site.

Someone on another site has a screenshot of a popup showing the free steelbook, but that's happening for me.  

ME3 is my favorite of the series. I think of the whole game as an ending. So many story threads come to a satisfying close in that game. People wanted all the plot points to be touched on at the very end of the game which isn't realistic.
I played it before the patch and the ending was honestly just a kick in the nuts for all the character building through three 3 games... rather than let you see the outcome you deserved based on your choices, they basically gave you the option of Door 1, 2 or 3. After the patch, it was better but by then, my feelings on the game were sullied and it still felt like your choices were meaningless. I will say, ME3 captured the feeling of dread/hopelessness that very few games can match so it was still a great game up to the end.

I don't see the Mass Effect steelbook mentioned anywhere on Best Buy's site.

Someone on another site has a screenshot of a popup showing the free steelbook, but that's happening for me.
I didn't see it until I added the game to my cart, and then the SteelBook was magically there too.

bread's done
Back