2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they ever ship your Strikers steelbook in the end?

The first game will be tweaked to play more like 2 and 3 with hud and character models doing a better job of matching such as ME3 Femshep being in ME1. I don't think much outside of resolution will change in 2 and 3.

I'm glad I jumped on the vinyl release of the ME trilogy soundtrack at spacelab9. The 3 color N7 version is already sold out. The Witcher 3 re-release is all sold out now too.

Planning on doing this for Monster Hunter since I ordered the Collector's Edition already at Amazon. If you return just the game, they will deduct $20 for the Steelbook right?

I had to get the game shipped too, but it shipped right away and before the game when both were shipping.

I'm glad I jumped on the vinyl release of the ME trilogy soundtrack at spacelab9. The 3 color N7 version is already sold out. The Witcher 3 re-release is all sold out now too.
I believe the N7 variant sold out within a couple hours. Also note that spacelab9 confirmed that Bioware will sell their own variant on 3/29.

Sounds like Scarlet Nexus steelbook is Bamco exclusive
64cf0ab255bd3e01313736f6996b0acd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

For $112 US no thanks.
A few years ago I would've bitten, but when Amazon cancelled my BotW Master Edition and left me SOL it was a pretty clean break for me on Zelda/Nintendo collecting. Nintendo never produces enough of their collectibles (remember the amiibo craze?) and the rat race just became too unfun and exhausting to justify the admittedly cool stuff they put out. If I find these at MSRP down the line I'll pick them up but I'm not going to hover on retailer sites or pay markup for them, personally.

nier white snow for ps4 is available to order

for me it comes out to $200 

i feel like its not worth it.

nier white snow for ps4 is available to order

for me it comes out to $200

i feel like its not worth it.
It is tempting, it is nice and I WANT the steelbook, the pin and the ost but the script book.... er..... are they worth $150 over normal edition. They fuckign dare to charge $26 fpr shipping

The only thing I am not sure is what system to get Nier on.
I don't know why... but playing JRPGs on any Xbox system just feels wrong. Same as playing WRPGs on consoles feels wrong. Or like eating a vegan burger feels wrong.

I don't know why... but playing JRPGs on any Xbox system just feels wrong. Same as playing WRPGs on consoles feels wrong. Or like eating a vegan burger feels wrong.
One of my favorite JRPGS is Lost Odyssey. That's Xbox only. WRPGS get lots of play on consoles, so I'm not sure where that logic comes from.

The Japanese games that don't seem to belong on Xbox are the niche anime girl games that always have a low stock CE full of stickers and a pillow case or something odd. Those usually don't release on Xbox though.

One of my favorite JRPGS is Lost Odyssey. That's Xbox only. WRPGS get lots of play on consoles, so I'm not sure where that logic comes from.

The Japanese games that don't seem to belong on Xbox are the niche anime girl games that always have a low stock CE full of stickers and a pillow case or something odd. Those usually don't release on Xbox though.
Xbox has gotten immensely better in the past few years, but until 2018 or so it absolutely was barren. The 360-era exclusives like Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and Blue Dragon and a few older cross-plats like the FFXIII trilogy were pretty much it. Since then it's gotten a bunch of Final Fantasy games,Nier Automata, the Yakuza series, and a bunch of others.

A lot of the Western RPGs started on the PC. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Baldur Gates, Diablo, Divinity, Witcher, Neverwinter, etc.

A lot of the Western RPGs started on the PC. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Baldur Gates, Diablo, Divinity, Witcher, Neverwinter, etc.
I'm not saying all those games came first to a console or that there were a lot of them, I'm just saying it never "felt weird" to play them on different systems. If anything feels weird, it's symmetrical analog sticks in a shooter after playing Nintendo or Xbox consoles. :p

What are the usual chances of finding a Limited Switch console like the Monster Hunter Rise Edition in store at launch? How easy was it to find the other limited edition Switches?

I was only half serious with my comment, but I do find myself going to Sony/Nintendo consoles for my JRPGs generally. But Lost Odyssey was great and so was Vesperia.

I'm not saying all those games came first to a console or that there were a lot of them, I'm just saying it never "felt weird" to play them on different systems. If anything feels weird, it's symmetrical analog sticks in a shooter after playing Nintendo or Xbox consoles. :p
I know what you are saying but for some it is weird to play these games on console when you have been playing them on PC. Same reason why you mentioned it is weird to play shooters on a different console. For many it is weird to play shooters on the console than the pc because they prefer the keyboard and mouse. It's the controller preferences is what I was originally trying to say.

I was only half serious with my comment, but I do find myself going to Sony/Nintendo consoles for my JRPGs generally. But Lost Odyssey was great and so was Vesperia.
Your post made me remember that Record of Agarest War Really Naughty Edition on 360 existed. If you want weird, that side box art man.

I had that brand new sealed, FOR YEARS. I finally sold it off back in 2018 because: Didn't care for the series, box was flimsy as hell (mine was still in 9/10 shape) and I wanted it to go to a good home.

Happy to get rid of it. I did see the boob mouse pad at a Goodwill years back lol. Made me chuckle.

For those who backed Eiyuden Chronicles and missed out on the add-ons(steelbook, map, cards), they opened a backer exclusive store a couple weeks ago so people could purchase(pre-order) the individual backer items separately.

I can't link to it here, you need to do it through the email and make an account and it will take you to the backer exclusive page. Check your emails if you missed it. I usually just delete kickstarter backer updates, but I was lucky I didn't for this one. Maybe some here missed it.

Aw man I thought it retailed at $70. Is it always out of stock or always instock? If it’s not that limited I can probably wait
It's around but always $90 instead of $70. That's the lowest price I've seen. It's $10 more than the standard version which isn't bad.

For those who backed Eiyuden Chronicles and missed out on the add-ons(steelbook, map, cards), they opened a backer exclusive store a couple weeks ago so people could purchase(pre-order) the individual backer items separately.

I can't link to it here, you need to do it through the email and make an account and it will take you to the backer exclusive page. Check your emails if you missed it. I usually just delete kickstarter backer updates, but I was lucky I didn't for this one. Maybe some here missed it.
I interpret that as “we need more money despite being two years out from release still”. After all the other high-profile KS video game disappointments, I just couldn’t pull the trigger on this pre-order.

Anyone else have their Monster Hunter Rise Collector's Edition preorder cancel on them from Target?
No, but Gamestop still hasn’t shipped my system says “awaiting product availability” even though it said getting ready for shipment a few days early last week... wierd. Amazon still hasn’t shipped my CE either.

Have you guys checked out the prices on the Majora's Mask 3DS XL? I couldn't believe it. I still have mine sealed, sitting on my dresser, from the day I bought it on release. I wouldn't part with it, but I was like 👀 when I saw the sold prices, and especially current asking prices. Used/open box for $500-$650, all new listings over $1000. We'll see if any sell for that, but if it does, then that's just insane and stamps that as the "value". People willing to pay these prices are the problem. Like good for them on their disposable income, but it puts it out of any reach for a good amount of people. Makes me nervous about whatever Nintendo is going to do with the Zelda 35th anniversary because they are horrible with releases. I stay steadfast on refusing to buy anything from resellers. It's crazy just how much buying to sell for profit has changed in the last few years, and it doesn't seem like it's going to change any time soon.

It's good for the people who own one, like I do. I also have a sealed Pokemon 20th Anniversary New 3DS console in a box protector too.

Have you guys checked out the prices on the Majora's Mask 3DS XL? I couldn't believe it. I still have mine sealed, sitting on my dresser, from the day I bought it on release. I wouldn't part with it, but I was like when I saw the sold prices, and especially current asking prices. Used/open box for $500-$650, all new listings over $1000. We'll see if any sell for that, but if it does, then that's just insane and stamps that as the "value". People willing to pay these prices are the problem. Like good for them on their disposable income, but it puts it out of any reach for a good amount of people. Makes me nervous about whatever Nintendo is going to do with the Zelda 35th anniversary because they are horrible with releases. I stay steadfast on refusing to buy anything from resellers. It's crazy just how much buying to sell for profit has changed in the last few years, and it doesn't seem like it's going to change any time soon.
It was under 300 with box before covid. Stupid high prices on everything! The Hyrule 3ds xl is a bit cheaper but still ouchie. Even the Hyrule Shield 2ds is worth a lot. Ok, anything Zelda is super high right now. Even the more common 3ds games are $70 each. I put my Zelda stuff in the price charting site and it says it's worth about $2900 but I know some of those prices are much higher on ebay now.

Edit: Looks like I can share my collection page

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=b6kcwoa4wbysp4lg7fmowwxd2u&status=collection

I'd been following the Hylian Shield 3DS prices for a year, but never pulled the trigger. It's more than doubled in price the last few months. Pure insanity.

I have all brand new: Pikachu 3DS XL, Majora's Mask new 3DS XL, Metroid Samus new 3DSXL, Mario new 3DS, and a regular new 3DS.  That's what happen when you try to win the screen lottery 

Did the prices spike from COVID? I have both the Pikachu 3DS models and the Pokemon Red/Blue and Mario Black New 3DS (With a shitload of face plates) and checked eBay and it seems like everything has doubled since the last I checked.

Kinda regretting selling my Zelda console a while ago

EDIT: I just checked the price on the Pokemon console. Holy shitballs, if I wasn't deadset on keeping all my Pokemon stuff for collection/nostalgia purposes, I'd insta sell that thing. Even the used ones with the box and both plates are going for $700+....

bread's done
Back