2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading this, I also thought there was three, Im missing the 1 in the middle of the picture

Now I gotta go find it....
I'm missing the same one. I thought about ordering more from BB, but didn't wanna keep shelling out money for a 1/3 chance which may be less than that if one has less production rate than another.

Persona 5 was a strange thing. It’s like a new generation suddenly discovered the JRPG that had been done ad nauseam and heaped praise on it. Umm guys... this has been done before.

Also, while I was picking up the second two CP2077 SB cases, I noticed that the store had a few of these on a hanger for free:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-bravely-default-ii-coaster-and-placemat-set-multi/6441956.p?skuId=6441956

6441956cv11d.jpg

They are totally free (not free with purchase) and are probably not much better than one use each.

Just an FYI. They're back to full price now ($9.99 each). I'll probably wait for $4.99 again to take a shot at finding the 4th one I'm missing.

Persona 5 was a strange thing. It’s like a new generation suddenly discovered the JRPG that had been done ad nauseam and heaped praise on it. Umm guys... this has been done before.
I should prob give Persona another try... I know 3, 4 and 5 all received high praise but I couldn't get into any of them beyond a few hours. I mean I love JRPGs but I think my initial buy in for the series weans off quicker than normal because the games are so long (I think they're 65-70 hours min?).

Random question

I have the opportunity to get a sealed Left Alive Mech Edition for $100. I’m a huge Shikawa nut but is that edition worth it at that price? I see them on eBay for more, but was just curious if anyone got theirs and had any input. I know it’s from 2019 but I figured I’d ask lol.

Random question

I have the opportunity to get a sealed Left Alive Mech Edition for $100. I’m a huge Shikawa nut but is that edition worth it at that price? I see them on eBay for more, but was just curious if anyone got theirs and had any input. I know it’s from 2019 but I figured I’d ask lol.
Game is pretty bad and Square Enix still hasn't been able to move the CE since release. They might eventually put it up for sale 60-75% off like every other slow moving CE.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

My Best Buy Mass Effect steelbook will be in tomorrow, but the game won't ship until tomorrow.  That's a bit of a bummer.

My Best Buy Mass Effect steelbook will be in tomorrow, but the game won't ship until tomorrow. That's a bit of a bummer.
Same for me. I know I picked the cheapest shipping but I had hoped they would ship together.

Also, I noticed the inflated video game price craze of 2020-21 passed over the Mass Effect collector’s editions. I know why, but it’s still funny to see people pay twice as much for Peter Jackson’s King Kong than for an ME CE

Same for me. I know I picked the cheapest shipping but I had hoped they would ship together.

Also, I noticed the inflated video game price craze of 2020-21 passed over the Mass Effect collector’s editions. I know why, but it’s still funny to see people pay twice as much for Peter Jackson’s King Kong than for an ME CE
You mean the original titles? They are decently priced for the most part. There are a few that want a lot for some of the ME 1 stuff (Mostly the Gold Edition steelbook is tough to get I think from Russia), but it's still fairly cheap if you know how to search. The same can't be said for Zelda. I just ordered the Triforce GBA SP on ebay and it was an ouchie. I've been eyeing it for a long time though.

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Collector's Edition.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1393406562631262210

Up on the Square-Enix website now.

Last time I played I only got to the beginning parts of the 2nd expansion, but I was still surprised to see the CE sold out already when taking a look at what it had

Some notable clearance Collector's Editions are available for shipping on GameStop.com:

Catherine: Full Body Heart's Desire Premium Edition -- $55.97

The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Collector's Edition (XBOX ONE) -- $25.97

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Collector's Edition (XBOX ONE) -- $34.97

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 Collector's Edition (XBOX ONE) -- $59.97

I'm not sure how long GameStop has had these items at these price points, but I just noticed them so I thought I'd share.
Oof... paid full price for TH and Ori.

Thanks for the post, gonna pick up Catherine/use up my monthly PUR coupon.

Ordered the Summerset one on Monday because I wanted the statue. Came in unopened and the statue is pretty sweet.

Cant believe the Tony Hawk one retailed at $100. It shouldve released at $60, and even then it's too much, especially since you cant even get the next gen version upgrade.
That is a official Bird House skate deck, not some cheap walmart skate deck. The original $99 pricetag was a great deal as the skate deck alone could've been $120 alone. Getting it for 60 is a massive steal.

Ordered the Summerset one on Monday because I wanted the statue. Came in unopened and the statue is pretty sweet.

Cant believe the Tony Hawk one retailed at $100. It shouldve released at $60, and even then it's too much, especially since you cant even get the next gen version upgrade.
It doesn't? i thgrough it come with the digital upgrade deluex

It doesn't? i thgrough it come with the digital upgrade deluex
On Xbox you have to buy the digital deluxe. I own the physical deluxe and got the normal digital game to go with the deluxe dlc I already had. I still made me buy the next gen upgrade. That upgrade system sucks.

I paid full price for tony hawk too…the game was fun tho. Each board is a different color I ended up with purple

My Best Buy Mass Effect steelbook will be in tomorrow, but the game won't ship until tomorrow. That's a bit of a bummer.
Got my game last night. Best buy shipped in a flimsy bubble mailer and case was slightly damaged. The steel book arrived today in a sturdy box in perfect condition. What is best buy thinking?

Got my game last night. Best buy shipped in a flimsy bubble mailer and case was slightly damaged. The steel book arrived today in a sturdy box in perfect condition. What is best buy thinking?
No game yet for me. Steelbook had a few dings on it. Mostly on the back. And that's with it shipped in a box. I'm not driving and hour to swap it. I'll wait for it to be on sale for $10 without the game since it seems like there will be a lot of them.

Got my steelbook before the game, in a box. Game in bubble mailer. Honestly, Best Buy's bubble mailers are such crap. Amazon's are much better. Got the legendary cache as well.

But at least they aren't those glue envelopes Gamestop uses. Nothing is worse than those.

Question for anyone that has a Mass Effect Cache- was there any type of seal on it? I just picked mine up and it am surprised that it's just unsealed, not even a sticker seal, but wasn't sure if that's how they all are. 

Question for anyone that has a Mass Effect Cache- was there any type of seal on it? I just picked mine up and it am surprised that it's just unsealed, not even a sticker seal, but wasn't sure if that's how they all are.
Mine from bioware shop had no seal as well.

I'm hoping best buy will just sell the mass effect steelbook separate since I'll wait for the ps5 release
They selling it for $20 in store. You can nab it if they put these out on the floor. Europe not getting this so expect this to move faster than Resident Evil Village. Still early to tell if there any more shipment coming in but a lot of my locals already OOS.

So I see the ME steelbook isn't available for shipping anymore from BB?
They already blew through their Day 1 allotment, they may or may not get more. Village took about a week to get more, give it a few more days to see if they have any more ME steelbook shipment coming in. Pull the trigger now if you don't want to take that chance.

There's a good listing of all gaming Steelbooks released worldwide at the collectorsedition.org forums.
Good luck getting an account setup there. Took me two months to get approved last year. Forum is basically dead.

Good luck getting an account setup there. Took me two months to get approved last year. Forum is basically dead.
While the rest of the forum is not very active, the Steelbook section is and kept updated. They also have a Discord server with the Steelbook list which is more active. The same Steelbook list is also on Hidefninja.com, but not maintained often enough.

It being by far the greatest video game series of all time and probably the best entertainment series in general probably doesn't help the stock.

Hard to argue with that. ME2 is a game that doesn't skip a beat.
It’s a good series, but best series in the history of any form of entertainment ever? Are you kidding? I’d agree with saying it’s the best of its very specific type of game, but that’s pretty narrow. Best sci-fi story driven third person shooter with rpg lite elements, sure, probably. Best sci-fi game, third person shooter, rpg, best story, no way on all counts. It’s a polished combination of all those, but ME2 was the high point and the only game in the series universally praised. Outside of the more ambitious multi game narrative (which ME3 and andromeda tarnished) it’s hard to argue the ME series is much better than halo, fallout, bio shock, Deus ex, destiny, borderlands, doom, horizon, killzone, half life, dead space in any significant way, and most of those I think came closer to achieving what they originally set out to be.

It’s a good series, but best series in the history of any form of entertainment ever? Are you kidding? I’d agree with saying it’s the best of its very specific type of game, but that’s pretty narrow. Best sci-fi story driven third person shooter with rpg lite elements, sure, probably. Best sci-fi game, third person shooter, rpg, best story, no way on all counts. It’s a polished combination of all those, but ME2 was the high point and the only game in the series universally praised. Outside of the more ambitious multi game narrative (which ME3 and andromeda tarnished) it’s hard to argue the ME series is much better than halo, fallout, bio shock, Deus ex, destiny, borderlands, doom, horizon, killzone, half life, dead space in any significant way, and most of those I think came closer to achieving what they originally set out to be.
3 was my favorite and I really liked Andromeda. Opinions and buttholes yo.

bread's done
Back