2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
On second thought, no interest in the CE. It's too expensive and I really don't care about that statue for Dying Light. The steelbook version will suffice.

Yea I don't think it has anything to do with BOTW2 lol. Obviously that game is going to sell great, but people have been acting like its on the same level of CP2077. The only people that REALLY care about BOTW2 are Nintendo fans. It isn't nearly going to have as big of a "hype" impact as other games, especially for other console games.
What does that even mean? Lol. I mean yeah that would make sense. That’s like saying the only people that care about the Yankees are baseball fans. I mean I think the same works the other way too. The only people that really care for Cyberpunk, etc. are those that own the console you can play the game on. Otherwise why get excited about something you can’t play? Unless you’re arguing that someone that owns an Xbox, Switch, and PS5 wouldn’t care about BOTW2 because they can also play games like cyberpunk, in which case, I’d strongly disagree.

I like the UV details on the Dying Light steelbook.  It's cool they are doing something different even though the steelbook itself isn't that great looking.

I got the Monster Hunter Rise steelbook in.  It was in a thin bubble mailer and had a good ding in the back of it.  At least it was the back, but that's 2 in a row with damage and I usually don't have this much trouble with Best Buy.

Edit: Monster Hunter steelbook is back up fyi.

Phoenix Wright JP Collector's Edition is back up on Amiami. The Amiami exclusive is a bonus acrylic plate.

For those unfamiliar with Amiami yes they take paypal, yes they are VERY reliable (have bought anime figures from them for years), and yes they do NOT charge you until the product is ready to ship.

You are able to change shipping service at the time of payment, so for now just select dhl or surface, whatev you want.

Switch:
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=GAME-0025063

PS4:
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=GAME-0025060

Phoenix Wright JP Collector's Edition is back up on Amiami. The Amiami exclusive is a bonus acrylic plate.
For those unfamiliar with Amiami yes they take paypal, yes they are VERY reliable (have bought anime figures from them for years), and yes they do NOT charge you until the product is ready to ship.
You are able to change shipping service at the time of payment, so for now just select dhl or surface, whatev you want.
Switch:https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=GAME-0025063
PS4:https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=GAME-0025060
Damn if I didn't have the first one in a physical format. I would so be over this

Switch:

PS4:
Thank you, I signed up for the site and preordered a PS4 version. The exclusive acrylic plate is a nice bonus.

What's special about the JP Phoenix Wright CE? Just looks like it comes in a box. No steelbook, artbook, anything?
From what I remember reading, I think it's the only physical version that also includes the original trilogy. That option is digital elsewhere.

What's special about the JP Phoenix Wright CE? Just looks like it comes in a box. No steelbook, artbook, anything?
From what I remember reading, I think it's the only physical version that also includes the original trilogy. That option is digital elsewhere.
The PS4 CE specifically is more worthwhile IMO--we're getting a physical Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on Switch but not on PS4, so this is the only way to own a physical copy on that system.

Did the original trilogy get reworked at all for the most recent console releases? I started the original on 3ds recently and was surprised how dated it looks/sounds.

If not, I think I'm sticking with the $39.99 physical standard edition on nsw.

Did the original trilogy get reworked at all for the most recent console releases? I started the original on 3ds recently and was surprised how dated it looks/sounds.

If not, I think I'm sticking with my the $39.99 physical standard edition on nsw.
Graphics got cleaned up, QoL changes like marking what you've already investigated, I think the text can be skipped faster.

Hmmm... not sure that's of any use to me then unless the JP version has an English option.

Anyone know if it does?

In addition to the big-box, it comes with a "From the Vault" artbook and apparently an OST? That is what the description on Play-Asia, the Amiami description is incorrect.

I believe it's been confirmed that these Japanese versions will have English included--this was definitely the case for the Ace Attorney Trilogy release.
Play-Asia's listing confirms that both PS4 and Switch will become the English versions when put on an English registered console.

In addition to the big-box, it comes with a "From the Vault" artbook and apparently an OST? That is what the description on Play-Asia, the Amiami description is incorrect.

Play-Asia's listing confirms that both PS4 and Switch will become the English versions when put on an English registered console.
I believe this: https://www.play-asia.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy-e-capcom-complete-edition/13/70cekl

Is a different version than the one amiami has. That was an e-capcom exclusive I think.

Looks like Dying Light 2 CE is all snagged up at GS and BB.

I went to a BB store today and got the Mass Effect steelbook for $20 in perfect condition.  I didn't bring my pre-order one as it was left at home 1 hour away.  I gave that copy and receipt to my sister who can return it.  I think I'll have to deal with the MH Rise with the crunched back.  Front of it is in good shape.

Looks like Dying Light 2 CE is all snagged up at GS and BB.
I went to a BB store today and got the Mass Effect steelbook for $20 in perfect condition. I didn't bring my pre-order one as it was left at home 1 hour away. I gave that copy and receipt to my sister who can return it. I think I'll have to deal with the MH Rise with the crunched back. Front of it is in good shape.
BB still showing the ps4 version, have yet to see anyone with the ps5 edition so I’m hoping for a free upgrade bt every else sold out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they not doing a PS5 Dying Light CE? Either way, decided to pass on it. I'm cutting down and Dying Light just isn't the type of game I'm in for spending $250 on.

Switch:

PS4:
Missed this and it appears to be OOS again. I ordered my Phoenix Wright JP CE from YesAsia for a premium ($106.99 + tax, free shipping).

Does anyone order from play Asia often? They have some interesting physical games browsing their stuff and not sure if I want to order anything. They have the Final Fantasy 7-9 physical versions for switch among other things. Had those for a while. Pondering ordering.

Does anyone order from play Asia often? They have some interesting physical games browsing their stuff and not sure if I want to order anything. They have the Final Fantasy 7-9 physical versions for switch among other things. Had those for a while. Pondering ordering.
Made my 1st order for terminator enhanced collectors edition on ps5, took about 2 weeks before I received it in pristine condition, and currently waiting on ninja gaiden master collection on the switch and the no more heroes trilogy...experience has been positive so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Often? No, but I had purchased a few games from them last year and the year prior.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

ive ordered a few times

expect really slow shipping from hong kong or wherever they ship from

they ship games in really nice cardboard mailers havent had an issue yet and theyve been around forever apparently

It's one of the most popular import sites for games, though it's more talked about on the Indie/Japanese/LimitedRun threads. Not sure what advice you were looking for specifically, but they're a legit company. Standard shipping can take a while and Express shipping is expensive. Customer service can be challenging because of the language barrier (they respond in English, just takes some effort to piece together sometimes).

Play Asia is reliable, and is my go-to for region 2 and 3 imports. They don't always let you cancel orders, though they seem to allow it if I placed a double order or ordered the wrong edition and promise to buy the right one.

I purchase from them from time to time, never had any issues except with any older games. They keep showing stuff as available but really it's "in stock in 1-2 weeks" and every single one of those items are basically out of stock and you won't be told until after you order. I thought I found some good deals on PS2 games multiple times and all except 1 time, I got an email days after I ordered saying the items were all out of stock. The one item that did ship, wasn't in the best shape (it was new but lots of rips/tears in the shrinkwrap).

also they lowered the price on ninja gaiden and sent me an email about refunding me 10 bucks and did it pretty fast

thought was atypical and really liked that tbh

I do, but I usually only order their exclusive games. They're okay, but some of their policies on damaged items and cancelling orders are not very consumer friendly. If I'm looking for Japanese games I order from Amazon Japan. There are plenty of places to get Asian edition games from, so I just shop around for the best deal on those.

I'm irritated that I wasn't able to get an order in for a Zelda steelbook.  But I don't pay $100 for physical games that I can get for $50 either.  This is 2021.  Put that money towards hardware/televisions instead.  This is what I'm thinking about.

I'm irritated that I wasn't able to get an order in for a Zelda steelbook. But I don't pay $100 for physical games that I can get for $50 either. This is 2021. Put that money towards hardware/televisions instead. This is what I'm thinking about.
I was TV shopping last year and really wanted an OLED but man, they're still so expensive. For the price of a Samsung 42" OLED, I got a Samsung 65" LCD instead. Picture quality on the OLED was much better but I'm much happier with the larger screen.

And speaking of paying $100 for a game- odds are that game might appreciate in value whereas that HDTV would likely be considered outdated in a few years. More so these days with "smart" HDTVs. That's why when it come to technology, I rarely buy high end anything because I know I'll just want to replace it in 5-6 years.

Someone here posted that amiami sold out of Ace Attorney, but I was able to place an order for one.

What was that being sold out based on, did they post that on their social media or did the pre-order button disappear?

I order from them often. They are dependable and everything comes in great condition. They are even cheaper for UK imports sometimes. The few times items have gone oos before they could ship them to me, they had great communication. They offered me my choice of refund or credit with no problems

I'm irritated that I wasn't able to get an order in for a Zelda steelbook. But I don't pay $100 for physical games that I can get for $50 either. This is 2021. Put that money towards hardware/televisions instead. This is what I'm thinking about.
That is the one I was about to buy. But I'm using all my will power to wait for the 42" coming. I play at a desk, and I think 48" is a tad big for my set up. But I nearly cave every week, so I hope the 42" comes soon.

Huh.... very soon after I ordered Ace Attorney from amiami, their pre-orders closed. Either I got one of the last remaining or their one per customer limit is what changed the pre-order button to being greyed out. At least for Switch, anyway.

There is no 42 inch OLED.

Anyway if you guys stop spending $200 on every lame CE that comes out you'd have a house full OF OLEDs, like me. :)

Microcenter might still have refurbished 55 inch CX for $1100

A little late to the conversation, but I recently got in on that LG 48" oled from Costco, it is big for my desk, but beautiful.  I couldn't hold out any longer.

To make this somewhat relevant to the thread, I'm just now patiently waiting for my Skyward Sword steelbook.   :beer:

The last of my May shopping spree of special edition consoles came in today.  The Zelda GBA SP complete in box.  It's nice to finally have that one on the shelf!  I also got the Hyrule and Link Between Worlds 3DS XL systems and the green Halo Edition original Xbox.

Ace attorney CE is up at play Asia. I have one at amiami. Anyone remember how much their shipping usually is? Not sure if I should keep at amiami and order from play Asia. Then again, play Asia is $90 when amiami its $70ish, so play Asia’s markup likely makes up the difference anyway.

bread's done
Back