2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Received the Skyward Sword Bundle from Shop4Megastore today

Box was a lil beat up but the Steelbook came in a bubble mailer inside the box and came out undamaged, Poster was a lilttle crinkly but acceptable and game case was fine, no issue with the keychain

The website still says Dispatched

Reminder: Lost Judgment coming out in about a month from now, I don't know of they have a cutoff date to get the preorder bonus, so best to lock in order with Gamestop soon if you want the steelbook. There are only 2 variations of the steelbook and only 2 retailers offering them: GEO and Gamestop US. Hard to say how the after market will price it since Judgment still a niche title.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

pre-order-b4b-en.jpg

Back 4 Blood Glow in the Dark Steelbook (Bestbuy Exclusive)

EU getting metalpak so they probably will sought after this instead.

*availability subject to rugpull by Gamestop

pre-order-b4b-en.jpg

Back 4 Blood Glow in the Dark Steelbook (Bestbuy Exclusive)

EU getting metalpak so they probably will sought after this instead.

*availability subject to rugpull by Gamestop
When was this? Never seen it up at Bestbuy nor is it posted on GameStop! Had been looking since announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an invoice from amiami, but I kept getting authentication error when submitting payment. Guessing it was blocked by my bank. So I edited my payment method to Paypal and now I can't checkout anymore, so I had to email them to have them send ANOTHER invoice.

Sigh...

A head's up regarding Amazon. I don't know how widespread this is right now, but since people here already hate them shoving smaller or medium sized CEs into bubble mailers, this may be of importance.

I've started getting games from them in these paper bags with NO protection. They're literally just thin paper bags. No padding. It has some recycle thing imprinted on it, so I guess it's some environmentally friendly thing they're trying to do, and that's fine, but for protecting games it's terrible.

If this becomes the standard instead of their normal bubble mailers, I'm done ordering games from them. There is no chance in hell anything worth a damn will survive a trip in these kinds of bags.

A head's up regarding Amazon. I don't know how widespread this is right now, but since people here already hate them shoving smaller or medium sized CEs into bubble mailers, this may be of importance.

I've started getting games from them in these paper bags with NO protection. They're literally just thin paper bags. No padding. It has some recycle thing imprinted on it, so I guess it's some environmentally friendly thing they're trying to do, and that's fine, but for protecting games it's terrible.

If this becomes the standard instead of their normal bubble mailers, I'm done ordering games from them. There is no chance in hell anything worth a damn will survive a trip in these kinds of bags.
I actually just got one of those Pixel Frames from them in one of those poly bags. Of course the packagaing arrived dented, but the frame itself was fine so I didn't return it or request a refund. Only suitable things that should be sent in those bags are clothing items or linens. Nothing else is acceptable.

I have also been getting PEGI version of new games at amazon. It was shipped and sold by amazon too. I think they are mixing up their inventory with the third parties sellers.

Not just Amazon, everybody else is doing it in the US, Bestbuy (fulfillment from stores) and Target probably the worst offenders. If it fits, it will ship in the construction paper mailer (or the next cheapest shipping material available).

I got a shipping email today...

Product name                                   Delivery              Quantity

SCARLET NEXUS - STEELBOOK  Shipping                   2

I have also been getting PEGI version of new games at amazon. It was shipped and sold by amazon too. I think they are mixing up their inventory with the third parties sellers.
It happens because the similar items are tossed into a bin together. When the workers are all monitored for speed the wrong label could get applied or the wrong item (especially since most covers are the exact same) can get sent. This is precisely why I stopped buying memory from Amazon altogether. Not that any of this is surprising. Amazon US is def where Wally world was in the early 2000s. Can't believe I'm missing the days of Circuit City...

Random and stupid question - do we have any inclination which CE version of a multiplatform game will long term be seen more favorably? I'm gonna get a copy of Tales of Arise to open but dunno if I should get the Xbox, PS4, or PS5 version of the CE (big fan of the series so don't want to risk missing out although don't think this will be rare and dealing with Scalefast is a tremendous pain...). Anyone have any thoughts? There is a lil part of me that likes getting RPGs on Sony or Nintendo consoles, but then again I have OG Tales of Vesperia X360 CE sealed and happily sitting away somewhere...

Random and stupid question - do we have any inclination which CE version of a multiplatform game will long term be seen more favorably? I'm gonna get a copy of Tales of Arise to open but dunno if I should get the Xbox, PS4, or PS5 version of the CE (big fan of the series so don't want to risk missing out although don't think this will be rare and dealing with Scalefast is a tremendous pain...). Anyone have any thoughts? There is a lil part of me that likes getting RPGs on Sony or Nintendo consoles, but then again I have OG Tales of Vesperia X360 CE sealed and happily sitting away somewhere...
Tough to say. Arise likely won't be majorly different on PS5 sans framerate and load times. But PS5 right now has limited storage, so I'm only buying PS5 exclusives or games that perform significantly better for PS5 until there's a legitimate internal upgrade option. Because I'm not about to delete and redownload my stuff.

So for Arise I'm getting the PS4 version.

PS5 versions of games seem to sell out fast now because everyone wants that white label or it looks next gen? I don't think it'll matter if the CE sells out and the game ends up good. There is a demo for that game next week, so more people might start looking forward to it.

Typically platforms at the end of their lifespans produce the most appreciative games.
Sorry to be dense, but what do you mean by that? I have all the systems (PS4, XBox One X, PS5, and Xbox Series X), and figure I'll get a copy of Tales of Arise regular edition through GameFly to play on whichever system it plays best on, but since I'm a huge Tales Of fan and have all the recent CEs collected/sealed, I was trying to figure out if I should get it on PS4, PS5, or Xbox One/Series S|X.

In this case, if I am understanding you correctly, you are saying the PS4 version is the one that'll appreciate more over time? I can't think of an instance quite like this and honestly dunno if either PS4 vs PS5 would be better long term. Aesthetically I'm not sure if I prefer the classic Blue or the White just yet (obviously this ignores the larger PlayStation vs Xbox multiplat CE if all things equal question).

In the end I'll prob hold onto my PS5 CE pre-order, but since it is Bandai Namco/Scalefast (and they have atrocious if not totally non-existent customer service), I'd prefer to avoid doing a return of any sort and right now I'm not even sure how large a run this CE will have and would rather pay more and not miss out than missing out...

Safe to say NA got shafted on Blue Reflection Second Light for the LE (about the same content between 2 regions, cost to import about $10 cheaper than NISA after tax) and the CE is non-existent over here. Be that as it may, importing CE would come out over $210.
c0a168405b874ab928558ddab197b0aa.jpg
c59e91f05a73f39f1bd633e6cd9623cf.jpg

Sorry to be dense, but what do you mean by that? I have all the systems (PS4, XBox One X, PS5, and Xbox Series X), and figure I'll get a copy of Tales of Arise regular edition through GameFly to play on whichever system it plays best on, but since I'm a huge Tales Of fan and have all the recent CEs collected/sealed, I was trying to figure out if I should get it on PS4, PS5, or Xbox One/Series S|X.

In this case, if I am understanding you correctly, you are saying the PS4 version is the one that'll appreciate more over time? I can't think of an instance quite like this and honestly dunno if either PS4 vs PS5 would be better long term. Aesthetically I'm not sure if I prefer the classic Blue or the White just yet (obviously this ignores the larger PlayStation vs Xbox multiplat CE if all things equal question).

In the end I'll prob hold onto my PS5 CE pre-order, but since it is Bandai Namco/Scalefast (and they have atrocious if not totally non-existent customer service), I'd prefer to avoid doing a return of any sort and right now I'm not even sure how large a run this CE will have and would rather pay more and not miss out than missing out...
Usually production runs for games are lower at the end of a console life cycle. With popular titles like this and established PS4 user base it may be opposite.

Usually production runs for games are lower at the end of a console life cycle. With popular titles like this and established PS4 user base it may be opposite.
Ahh, gotcha. Makes sense (both with there usually being smaller runs and also the possibility that PS4 has a bigger run since it has a massively established base and this is not a small franchise)

The email and account said 2 steelbooks, but happy to get 1 in perfect condition despite a bubble mailer!

[attachment=35923:hpz2jg8edyg71.jpg]

Goddamit I want that Steelbook but Back 4 Blood is free on xbox via game pass.......
I hear that. From what I can tell they closed the loophole of splitting orders for store pickup and shipping to be able to return the game sans steel as well. At least, the last two times I've done it that was the case where it was trying to deduct $20 for it. This steel won't be worth anything so it's meh for me anyway.

Has anyone ever had a package ship UPS Surepost, the UPS tracking side says it was transferred to the post office, but when you use the USPS tracking side of it, it says "still awaiting package"?

I've had UPS Surepost stuff way back in the day and IIRC it came okay. I think FedEx does something similar? I fully expect USPS tracking is slow unless it's been more than 2 days.

Has anyone ever had a package ship UPS Surepost, the UPS tracking side says it was transferred to the post office, but when you use the USPS tracking side of it, it says "still awaiting package"?
There is always a wait whenever a shipping company hands it off to USPS for final delivery but it is also cheaper than shipping it directly. FedEx, UPS, DHL, and the shipping Play-Asia uses all offer these kinds of services (like UPS Surepost and FedEx Smartpost). Sometimes USPS gets it right away and sometimes there is a weird delay until it gets scanned again. They just hand off a cart to USPS and it takes a bit for them to actually process it.

I rarely order from Namco Bandai directly, those of you that got Scarlet Nexus from them did it arrive on launch day or later? Reason I'm asking is I'm going to be out of town on the 10th and am wondering if I need to cut my trip short to make sure my CE doesn't get stolen from my apartment. Thanks.

I rarely order from Namco Bandai directly, those of you that got Scarlet Nexus from them did it arrive on launch day or later? Reason I'm asking is I'm going to be out of town on the 10th and am wondering if I need to cut my trip short to make sure my CE doesn't get stolen from my apartment. Thanks.
I think it was next day before I got a shipping email, then they lost it and had to send another one. If you get a shipping email saying the 10th, maybe you got a friend that can watch your tv and raid your fridge until ups shows up?

Got my amiami Ace Attorney. Packaged well as always. The acryllic thing or whatever it is, is pretty cool. Packaging a lot smaller than I thought.

For those who got it, are you opening it or keeping it sealed?

Since the Deathloop steelbook shows as $10, does that mean it'll be pretty common? There is a bunch being released at that time and the game is kinda low on the list of games being released that I want to play at release.

Got my amiami Ace Attorney. Packaged well as always. The acryllic thing or whatever it is, is pretty cool. Packaging a lot smaller than I thought.

For those who got it, are you opening it or keeping it sealed?
i'm still waiting for my PlayAsia to get delivered. they shipped it out over a week ago. tracking shows no movement. i cancelled my Amazon JP order and ordered from PA because i save a bit of money during their free shipping and the 5% discount.

i'm still waiting for my PlayAsia to get delivered. they shipped it out over a week ago. tracking shows no movement. i cancelled my Amazon JP order and ordered from PA because i save a bit of money during their free shipping and the 5% discount.
13-16 days seems to be the sweet spot for me to receive Play Asia packages.

Did everyone here keep their SMT V CE from Amazon JP once you were able to pre-order the NA version? Or did you cancel your orders?

I remember there was some confusion on if the JP version had a steelbook or "metal case" and not sure if that was ever clarified.

Not sure how backed up DHL is right now, there's no movement for one of my Playasia packages since the 11th, USPS still waiting for DHL to hand it over. Another package came before it only took 1 day to transfer to USPS.

bread's done
Back