2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Wasn't expecting Bamco to be so generous, but it's nice.

I'm skeptical as well, but I also don't really need anything more powerful. Don't get me wrong, games like Spider-Man and Ghost of Tsushima look great on the PS5, but I think most games since the PS3 era, and even a decent chunk of GC-era games look fine. Now that loading times are practically gone, I can't imagine what more power would be used for. But maybe that's my problem and I'm just not imaginative enough.
Agreed on both fronts. I don't think a lot of TVs support 4K 120hz and there's no way anyone's really thinking about 8K for a generation so part of it for me is what would the benefit of a"pro" be? I'm sure there at technical things that would make it better for devs but wonder if it'll justify it in the end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could redeem the code but it will only let me download the ps4 version even though I redeemed it on the ps5. Anyone able to download the ps5 version?
Did you have the PS4 or PS5 version pre-ordered?

Also, why is the PS4 CE still available. You'd think it would be sold out too unless the stock limitation for XB S|X and PS5 is due to logistics issues?

Did you have the PS4 or PS5 version pre-ordered?

Also, why is the PS4 CE still available. You'd think it would be sold out too unless the stock limitation for XB S|X and PS5 is due to logistics issues?
I kept messing around with it and it looks like it did eventually download the ps5 version.

i redeemed the code on the website to try to start the dl while im at work
games not in my library and but me redeeming the code is in transacton history

im not boned am i?
i dont buy digital ever so got no idea about this sorta thing

Anything you did in particular or did you have to download the PS4 version first and then the...upgrade? I bought the PS4 version but only the PS5 is out and hooked up anymore.
I think it is just listed oddly on the PS Store. I redeemed the code and clicked on download PS5 version, but it gave me an error. I then went into the product info page for my code and it only showed me the PS4 full game and PS5 demo. This is why I thought I couldn't download it.

However, after looking around for awhile, I went directly to the PS5 version on the PS store and it let me download it. Total download is 37gb whereas according to some article I read in the past few days the PS4 version comes in at 57gb. I then looked in my library, sorting for PS5 games and it showed it in there. I then sorted by PS4 games and it wasn't there, so I'm pretty sure I got the right version. My best guess is that BandaiNamco is scrambling and their listings aren't as clear as they could be. I'm not the PS5 now, but I feel like I may have seen multiple listings for the base game, meaning that they may have created a special listing for this "bonus" version, which also could lead to some confusion.

Honestly with this pandemic and EVERYTHING getting pushed back, plus the shortage of semi conductor chips. I don’t see a 2023 release, this generation will last longer than the 5-6 years they were going for
With their refusal last year to delay launching consoles until they both had some actual substance, I wouldn't underestimate incompetent decisions coming from them. Very much a game of who blinks first and the other is forced to respond.

I don't mind this generation lasting longer than typical. I am enjoying the PS5 tremendously and it has not even been utilized even close to its full potential. I want physical media to last for a long while more as well. Don't know if the next generation will only be digital or not. 

Welp, def regret cancelling my Arise PS5 CE now...
Yeah, me too. But I changed over to PS4...

I wonder if more will come back and they've stopped orders because they don't know how many precisely they'll have due to shipping delays? Could be totally wrong though, but Bandai Namco tends to remove things once they've sold out, right?

For those who preordered the CE, you can still retrieve your bonus DLC code from the download page under your order.
My order doesn't show it either. I have an activate code for Scarlet Nexus which I'd ordered with Tales of Arise, but no code under Tales.

Will see when my order finally ships if they actually held any of the steelbooks for Scarlet Nexus. I knew by the time it shipped along with Tales I'd have had multiple times to have got the game on sale cheaper, but I was I wanted to save on shipping by getting them together and wasn't in any rush to play Scarlet.

Weird. I got my code and activated it and everything worked fine. Is your status "in preparation"?
Yeah, it shows delivery status as "in preparation". I'll probably give them a few days before asking for the preorder bonus codes since the costume/recipe stuff isn't holding me back from playing the game at all. I'm happy enough that they went ahead and did right by sending out digital codes for the game when it appears the CE haven't even started to be shipped out yet.

I thought about selling my code for Arise until I got a notification from UPS and it looks like my CE won't be here until Wednesday. 

I have a friend helping me get the Hootle edition too and I got my codes for that but I don't think they work on a US account. 

I don't mind this generation lasting longer than typical. I am enjoying the PS5 tremendously and it has not even been utilized even close to its full potential. I want physical media to last for a long while more as well. Don't know if the next generation will only be digital or not.
I doubt it will. They will mid-cycle refresh in another 3-4 years and launch a new generation with the same cadence. They've simply adopted the PC cycle of shedding their skin every four to five years because that's all consoles are now sans productivity.

I doubt it will. They will mid-cycle refresh in another 3-4 years and launch a new generation with the same cadence. They've simply adopted the PC cycle of shedding their skin every four to five years because that's all consoles are now sans productivity.
Yeah. That's infuriating. Part of the tradeoff for consoles for me has always been I can go longer without thinking about it/dealing with compatibility/upgrades.

It also puzzles me because the longer a generation goes the more profitable the hardware becomes so you'd think all the companies would be incentivised to take a Nintendo style approach

Yeah. That's infuriating. Part of the tradeoff for consoles for me has always been I can go longer without thinking about it/dealing with compatibility/upgrades.

It also puzzles me because the longer a generation goes the more profitable the hardware becomes so you'd think all the companies would be incentivised to take a Nintendo style approach
Well, if they did that our graphics would still look like this:

Cyberpunk-bad-image-quality.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if they did that our graphics would still look like this:

Cyberpunk-bad-image-quality.jpg
What game/gen is that? I'm not saying I didn't want the PS5. I'm saying the PS4 pro was a waste. Instead of incremental upgrades, stretch things out a year or two and just move onto the next generation.

Hell, with the PS5 and Series X (especially with availability being piss poor) I'm not sure a "killer app" has been out for either system quite yet. I suppose the days of the game that shows off "next gen" may be gone since we are in an era of platform tiers, but even then there haven't been any games that are Series X or PS5 only so how can the developers be expected to have even come close to tapping into the full power of the system?

Isn’t PS4 pro basically on par with series s?

I thought the series S was more powerful than the One X... So if that is true then no, but I dunno .
The Series S is more powerful than the One X, which was definitely more powerful than the PS4 Pro. I don't have solid numbers infront of me, but I am confident the Series X has more under the hood than the PS4 Pro. The One X made some sense to me, but as far as I could tell the PS4 Pro didn't provide much an upgrade.

I suppose in some ways Microsoft went ahead and just planned for the two tier from the beginning while Sony will end up there with a PS5 Pro model in due time...

Right. They did too much overlapping with PS4 releases too. Move on or wait imho. Support the system but don’t sacrifice next gen products development time or make a subpar version.

Anyone have their Amazon UK Pokemon Diamond/Pearl steel book only preorder get cancelled? I'm curious if they will after Amazon DE cancelled.

I think that's been up a while. That beta did not impress me at all. I've got too many games with steelbooks this fall. I can't go all in on one I know I won't like. I'm hoping it's common and I can get it for $10 later.

I'm going to cancel my Halo pre-order. Since everyone is getting a steelbok, I can at least find it on ebay later but hopefully on BB. The game is on game pass. No point in paying $60 for a common steelbook.

bread's done
Back