2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
So from the 3 big Direct reveals/announcements today here are my expectations:

- Triangle Strategy (Out March 4th, 2022) - I fully expect Squeenix to announce some type of CE for this like they had for Octopath

- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Spring 2022) - Ima be honest, I am gonna bet JP and EU get some type of CE but NA get's shafted again.

- Bayonetta 3 (2022) - I expect the full release date to be announced at the Spring Direct (leaving the E3 Direct to focus on BOtW 2).  I honestly am not really optimistic about NA getting a CE on this one either.  Def see EU and JP getting a steelbook or something for it.

- Triangle Strategy (Out March 4th, 2022) - I fully expect Squeenix to announce some type of CE for this like they had for Octopath

- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Spring 2022) - Ima be honest, I am gonna bet JP and EU get some type of CE but NA get's shafted again.

- Bayonetta 3 (2022) - I expect the full release date to be announced at the Spring Direct (leaving the E3 Direct to focus on BOtW 2). I honestly am not really optimistic about NA getting a CE on this one either. Def see EU and JP getting a steelbook or something for it.
This just popped up on my Twitter timeline, no word on retailers or if NA is getting one (yet).

[attachment=36116:FAAj6fvXEAYCToq.jpg]

- Bayonetta 3 (2022) - I expect the full release date to be announced at the Spring Direct (leaving the E3 Direct to focus on BOtW 2). I honestly am not really optimistic about NA getting a CE on this one either. Def see EU and JP getting a steelbook or something for it.
Triangle Strategy looks dope but... gonna hold off getting too excited for it. Last time two times I got super excited for an old school looking original SE game were Bravely Default (well the first half was good... then second half was just the first half regurgitated) and Octopath Travel (great combat but way too disjointed to be an enjoyable adventure).

Also glad Castlevania Advance Collection is happening. Also glad it's multi-platform...

[attachment=36120:FAAxVdWVgAM9yxd.jpg]

Pictures of the Goodsmile figure that comes with the AI Somnium Files sequel CE just went up

attachicon.gif
FAAxVdWVgAM9yxd.jpg

Pictures of the Goodsmile figure that comes with the AI Somnium Files sequel CE just went up!
Now I know I want to cancel that blind pre-order. Thanks!

Why? What did you expect to be different?
We didn't know what the statue was. I honestly don't know what the game is either. It seemed decent price and it costs nothing to put in a pre-order on amazon even though it was very likely not something I'd be interested in. That figure was just a 100% confirmed no from me.

I think you're spot on the money. Hope that since Project Triangle Strategy is a joint-op we'll actually see the CE stateside.

Question for anyone that got the MHRISE CE or the MH Stories 2 CE did your box come in crushed? Mine has significant damage on both when got it delivered from gamestop. Really sucks might just can the whole thing and keep it as standard and just open the amiibo package as well since it looks horrible on my shelf due to said damages..

I got my Lost Judgment steelbook today, but not the game. It didn’t come in a glue envelope, thankfully. Something weird though, I have 4 separate tracking numbers from GameStop for my stuff in my FedEx app. Only one the steelbook shows activity.

Bunch of sold copies of Steelbook plus game for Lost Judgment at $99.75 on EBay. Is $30 ish profit worth it for this account that has all the sales?

I got the last steelbook at my store. The clerk on duty hesitated to give it to me since it was already rubber-banded around an Xbox copy (I got PS5) but said I could wait for his manager to come back and discuss. Manager was basically like "first come, first serve, it's yours" so big shoutout to them.

My store only had me and one of the workers pre-order and they got no steelbooks. What are the odds of getting a steelbook if I place an online order? The manager said if the get any he will hold one but they probably will never get them.

My store only had me and one of the workers pre-order and they got no steelbooks. What are the odds of getting a steelbook if I place an online order? The manager said if the get any he will hold one but they probably will never get them.
Just tried checking out on the site and it didn't add the steelbook to my order so unless availability is regional, not very good. Might be worth calling other GS stores in your area if that's an option and you really want it.

Just tried checking out on the site and it didn't add the steelbook to my order so unless availability is regional, not very good. Might be worth calling other GS stores in your area if that's an option and you really want it.
Same thing when I had it in the cart. I wish Best Buy had the steelbook not Gamestop never had this problem getting the free stuff before.

Apparently I accidentally ordered 2 copies of Lost Judgement and I got both of my steelbooks today.  Both copies of the game are currently waiting to be picked up by FedEx a state away from me.

This is not boding well for me being able to play Metroid Dread or SMT V on release day.

Those of you who've gotten the Lost Judgment steelbook, is its disc holder on the left side? I'm a little annoyed that the SB with my PS4 copy preorder seems like an Xbox-version steelbook with that placement.

Those of you who've gotten the Lost Judgment steelbook, is its disc holder on the left side? I'm a little annoyed that the SB with my PS4 copy preorder seems like an Xbox-version steelbook with that placement.
Mine wasn’t. Do they make steelbook with the spindle on the left side? I didn’t know that was a thing. I thought they just make them based on size.

I received mines backwards yesterday from GameStop as well, they were closing and didn’t have time to really check until I got home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was on the left side, but I ordered on XBox.

Are there ones on the left and right? Two variants?

I got the last steelbook at my store. The clerk on duty hesitated to give it to me since it was already rubber-banded around an Xbox copy (I got PS5) but said I could wait for his manager to come back and discuss. Manager was basically like "first come, first serve, it's yours" so big shoutout to them.
What I was told was this was supposed to be handled how the Madden physical footballs were b/c of limited supply; corporate sent out a notice all preorders before a certain date were supposed to get them, the stores were responsible for looking up which preorders were before that date, and the stores would be sent that exact amount of the item to fulfill the early preorders.

I preordered back in June or July whenever it was slyly announced by Sega that the Steelbook was GS exclusive instead of BB exclusive.

I got the MHRISE CE and it was in perfect condition, as far as these things go. Sorry to hear about your box being crushed. Good Packaging; Something that no company will fix.
Thank you, at least you got the good end of it. Was thinking this is just how gamestop usually is. Never really had any good experience with them besides my used game mainly coming complete in box

Just a heads up for anyone if this comes stateside.  

The Collector's Edition for Yoko Taro's latest game "Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars" (Currently JP Square Enix store only) does not come with a physical copy of the game but a download code.

CE only comes with a collectible outer box, artbook, metal card set, and the DL code.

[attachment=36131:VoC.png]

Just a heads up for anyone if this comes stateside.

The Collector's Edition for Yoko Taro's latest game "Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars" (Currently JP Square Enix store only) does not come with a physical copy of the game but a download code.

CE only comes with a collectible outer box, artbook, metal card set, and the DL code.

VoC.png
How does one import Capcom and square enix store exclusive in japan? A forwarding place?

Over 10k yen and it doesn't include a physical copy? That's like $100 USD. That's insane. The metal cards look cool but not worth that much.

I got my Lost Judgment order this morning. Ordered the night before release and shipped next day in the AM, but didn't see any steelbook in my order details or cart. To my surprise, the steelbook was in the package with the game

Just fyi, if you’re lucky enough to get a 40% off games coupon in your Target Circle account (via the app), it works on the Horizon Forbidden West CE (takes $80 off) and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands edition with the season pass (roughly $40 off).

Just fyi, if you’re lucky enough to get a 40% off games coupon in your Target Circle account (via the app), it works on the Horizon Forbidden West CE (takes $80 off) and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands edition with the season pass (roughly $40 off).
wow man you’re lucky. Wonder what people had to do to get it

I don’t know how they decide. My wife gets all the video game deals even though she doesn’t play any games. I get none of them.
They run queries and target based on purchase behavior (it’s usually pretty simple, who hasn’t bought a product from X product category in Y months) which is why they have no reason to incentivize you to shop for more videogames.

I contacted Gamestop about my Lost Judgment still not have moved in 4-5 days and to my surprise they offered me a full refund right away without me even asking for one. I thought for sure they were going to haggle and make things difficult. Not the usual customer service experience from that place.

My local Gamestop just called and they are holding a Lost Judgment steelbook for me. Gamestop on twitter told me they could help me if my local store never got them.

Just a heads up for those of you waiting on your Lost Judgements to ship from York, PA.  I just got a Fedex notification that both my games are en route and should arrive by 8pm tomorrow. 

I'm glad I won't have to wait too long, but this doesn't give me confidence for the other 2 games I have P/O'd through them arriving on time (Metroid Dread CE and SMT V CE)

Anyone else think Walmart gonna honor that $60 Far Cry 6 Gold Edition? It was initially listed as Far Cry 6 Gold then they changed the pic and linked it to Standard in order page. Trying to figure out if I should keep my order.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone else think Walmart gonna honor that $60 Far Cry 6 Gold Edition? It was initially listed as Far Cry 6 Gold then they changed the pic and linked it to Standard in order page. Trying to figure out if I should keep my order.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Should be an easy enough return if you get the standard, worth keeping the order IMO in case they honor it being the Gold Edition originally.

This is what I did but since we're going to game share Tiny Tina digitally, 40% off isn't good enough since we get half off effectively. Not sure I'll even keep the CE though since I don't want it and the flip would be maybe $30 for my effort.

bread's done
Back