2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Amidst all these posts about CEs being damaged during shipment due to lack of proper packaging, my I present to you the absolute OVERKILL of a packaging job Gamestop did for my 1 Ridley Amiibo. (No it wasn't damaged)

[attachment=36207:20211012_160259.jpg]

Amidst all these posts about CEs being damaged during shipment due to lack of proper packaging, my I present to you the absolute OVERKILL of a packaging job Gamestop did for my 1 Ridley Amiibo. (No it wasn't damaged)

attachicon.gif
20211012_160259.jpg
My Dread SE was in a similar box with bubbles to the top and the game was perfect. The amiibo double pack with it had a dinged up corner though. It's likely coming out of the package though.

gamestop usually does right by me for everything not shipped from a store
Yeah, if condition is the absolute most important factor, I'd probably preorder/buy something from GameStop. Of course, on the other hand are the "gutted but new" copies they hawk 🙄

Yeah, if condition is the absolute most important factor, I'd probably preorder/buy something from GameStop. Of course, on the other hand are the "gutted but new" copies they hawk
I was just thinking this... when it comes to new releases (esp CEs), GS def has the best track record in terms of condition items arrive in.

I love Target but they're def the worst. Amazon, I usually get pretty lucky only because there's a Amazon distro center near me so a lot of things don't really travel all that far to get to me.

Condition for me is Target > Amazon > Wal-Mart > BestBuy. I haven't bought a CE from Gamestop in years so I have no frame of reference for them.

My guess it's always going to be regional, but I'm in the Midwest (KC area) for reference.

Gamestop in my experience has been the best for CEs. But if you buy a standard edition game, they'll ship them in those glue envelopes, so good luck.

One of two Metroid SEs from GS had a very small ding on the corner of the box and the other was perfect.  No complaints from me. (One was for a friend and not scalping)

One of two Metroid SEs from GS had a very small ding on the corner of the box and the other was perfect. No complaints from me. (One was for a friend and not scalping)
How are you gonna respond when you give your friend the dinged copy (we all know you are) and he goes "bro?".

How are you gonna respond when you give your friend the dinged copy (we all know you are) and he goes "bro?".
Well he isn't a big collector and was happy to have the artbook and extras. Those small dings usually don't bother me either. Corners gonna scrunch yo.

If anyone missed out on the Metroid Special Edition, I have 2 dinged copies I need to either return or sell at cost plus shipping.  Let me know and I can take/send pics tomorrow.  Note these are not mint copies...out of the 4 I ordered, only 1 was mint which went to my son and I'm keeping a dinged one for myself.  Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone who would rather have a dinged copy than no copy.

Whatr type of game is Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars?  Is it like Neptunia rpg format or Musu type combat.  I am thinking oif ordering the collector editon but want to made sure if ti is somethign i want to play first

I'm late to the party but my $50 Walmart Dread SE's came just fine two weeks ago. Oversized boxes and one roll of packing air was apparently enough for zero damage. They did come FedEx so maybe that's why. Still playing Far Cry 6 so won't get to it anytime soon heh.

That said, I'm actually more hyped for this Triangle Strategy game that came out of nowhere. Would love a throwback game to Tactics, and it's a bit strange the SE hasn't been listed yet. Guess we're not getting that huh?

I'm late to the party but my $50 Walmart Dread SE's came just fine two weeks ago. Oversized boxes and one roll of packing air was apparently enough for zero damage. They did come FedEx so maybe that's why. Still playing Far Cry 6 so won't get to it anytime soon heh.

That said, I'm actually more hyped for this Triangle Strategy game that came out of nowhere. Would love a throwback game to Tactics, and it's a bit strange the SE hasn't been listed yet. Guess we're not getting that huh?
I am quite surprised Trangle Strategy isn't getting a CE over where. Kinda nuts considering Octopath and SEs track record

Got the Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe in from Walmart today.  I really like the pre-order steelbook better than the deluxe version.  Both do look nice though.

Well.... i preordered Neptunia ninja war collector edition and now they suddenly send me a digital code and tell me to enjoy iut before the physical arrive.... small delay i guess?

Well.... i preordered Neptunia ninja war collector edition and now they suddenly send me a digital code and tell me to enjoy iut before the physical arrive.... small delay i guess?
They sent an email out a week or so ago saying the physical CE was delayed until November 8th. So they sent a code as a gift. But if you decide to return the game they take $49.99 off the refund total. Still cool of them to send code though

They sent an email out a week or so ago saying the physical CE was delayed until November 8th. So they sent a code as a gift. But if you decide to return the game they take $49.99 off the refund total. Still cool of them to send code though
I actually didn;t know that as i just preorder a few days ago. Guess i can sell/trade the code to coup the cost

I couldn't find any SMT5 Premium unboxings on Youtube. Anyone have an idea the size and heft of the box? It seems like it's going to be pretty big since it has a backpack. I have one pre-ordered on Gamestop and Amazon and I'm going to cancel one of them. I usually prefer Gamestop's shipping with delicate items, but I figure if it's big and hefty, I probably won't have to worry about Amazon's crappy shipping practices.

Its not going to be that big. The backpack thing in only 6in x 11.5 inch tall.

Its not very big. It has the size listed in the picture of all the items in the collector edition.

Those or very similar were available on the “IGN store” and I think it was sold as a set. The price was the same.

Its not going to be that big. The backpack thing in only 6in x 11.5 inch tall.

Its not very big. It has the size listed in the picture of all the items in the collector edition.
How big was the shoulder bag for Infamous 2? I use it a lot but have never measured it,

How big was the shoulder bag for Infamous 2? I use it a lot but have never measured it,
I actually have it on my back right now; but I don’t carry around a measuring tape.

Google says it’s around “Package Dimensions 12.05 x 11 x 2.1 inches”

Not really a CE but did Target cancel anyone else's Pokemon Shining Diamond and Brilliant Pearl preorder bonus notebook? Mine was just cancelled.

Target has already canceled 2 preorders for me this year, this being the third. My Ori Collection was just delayed too, feel like that's heading for a cancellation.

Not really a CE but did Target cancel anyone else's Pokemon Shining Diamond and Brilliant Pearl preorder bonus notebook? Mine was just cancelled.

Target has already canceled 2 preorders for me this year, this being the third. My Ori Collection was just delayed too, feel like that's heading for a cancellation.
They cancelled it for everyone due to supply chain issues. You are getting a $20 gift card to compensate though.

It's a tad more, but FNAC still offers the steelbook. You have to add it to cart with the double pack for it to be free.

So I go into best buy today go back to playstation section and sitting on the floor is a cyberpunk 2077 collector edition. I forgot how big that collector edition was.

Really random. Should have taken a pic.

Plus the seal was broken on it.

They all are, because of how heavy it is. It really is a nice CE though. Clearly more love went into that than the game

So I go into best buy today go back to playstation section and sitting on the floor is a cyberpunk 2077 collector edition. I forgot how big that collector edition was.

Really random. Should have taken a pic.

Plus the seal was broken on it.
Yea its pretty massive and I regret buying it based off how Project Red thought it was okay to release a broken game at full price, I wont touch the game again until I feel like its ready to be played

But yea, my Best Buy also has new 1 in a display cabinet thats been sitting there for several months afaik, they should really give it a hard clearance

They cancelled it for everyone due to supply chain issues. You are getting a $20 gift card to compensate though.
Nice, didn't know that was happening- only read the first part of the email and immediately thought "fuck, another one"... but just got an email with the giftcard!

Sweet!!

bread's done
Back