2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
So I go into best buy today go back to playstation section and sitting on the floor is a cyberpunk 2077 collector edition. I forgot how big that collector edition was.

Really random. Should have taken a pic.

Plus the seal was broken on it.
Seals come broken on these things before they even ship. Perhaps it was opened, but they are like that from the factory.

Halo Infinite CE limited to 10,000 units up at Walmart

attachicon.gif
58847ad0-3bc4-426c-8481-710330de321f.ea3f1623a04f08dc62d8424f86f72c27.png

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Halo-Infinite-Collector-s-Edition-Microsoft-Xbox-Series-X-and-Xbox-One/435996224?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_VZ-3FBzyhxyIUTH3YQU3s2oaUkG0tVUNWwwh3Y0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_1719813&clickid=VZ-3FBzyhxyIUTH3YQU3s2oaUkG0tVUNWwwh3Y0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383
Of course it's sold out already, why wouldn't it be

Man that Halo CE is rather disappointing, and this is coming from someone who has all of the others. 

Having just the Energy Sword, Art book, and Steelbook for $125 would have been an instant-buy for me.  All those other extras for an additional $45 really makes me second guess.  Looks like this will be the first Halo CE I pass on (Although since it's already sold out I didn't have a choice to begin with).

Side note, it was smart of them to make it limited to 10,000 units (business wise).  The lackluster contents would have made this CE clearance bin for a long time.  They learned from the Halo 5 CE (Which started at $250, but binned down to almost $70 in some places about 1.5 years on).  But limiting it to 10k units pretty much seals the demand and allows them to sell out very quickly.  Just curious why they chose 10k units, that low of a number they could have thrown in a pencil sharpener and charged $200 flat to make even more money from the limited supply FOMO.  Or kept the $170 price and made 20K units and maybe given non-scalpers a chance.  Maybe we will see a "Second print run due to demand" after the game launches.

Man that Halo CE is rather disappointing, and this is coming from someone who has all of the others.

Having just the Energy Sword, Art book, and Steelbook for $125 would have been an instant-buy for me. All those other extras for an additional $45 really makes me second guess. Looks like this will be the first Halo CE I pass on (Although since it's already sold out I didn't have a choice to begin with).

Side note, it was smart of them to make it limited to 10,000 units (business wise). The lackluster contents would have made this CE clearance bin for a long time. They learned from the Halo 5 CE (Which started at $250, but binned down to almost $70 in some places about 1.5 years on). But limiting it to 10k units pretty much seals the demand and allows them to sell out very quickly. Just curious why they chose 10k units, that low of a number they could have thrown in a pencil sharpener and charged $200 flat to make even more money from the limited supply FOMO. Or kept the $170 price and made 20K units and maybe given non-scalpers a chance. Maybe we will see a "Second print run due to demand" after the game launches.
I don't think the steelbook will be worth anything. So many versions of the game already have it, and many people will just go with gamepass. I had a pre-order on Best Buy but will likely cancel it since the console will have a full copy of the game and that steelbook will be $10-20 in store.

Didn't know there was a charging stand for the Forza Controller too:

Razer Universal Quick Charging Stand for Xbox - Forza Horizon 5 Limited Edition (microsoft.com)

Razer Universal Quick Charging Stand for Xbox - Forza Horizon 5 Limited Edition

Edit: Also a stand for the 20th controller

Razer Universal Quick Charging Stand for Xbox - Xbox 20th Anniversary Limited Edition | Console

Edit:   I just got an email reminding me I was able to order the 20th controller from Gamestop.  There is just so much stuff this month.

Is there any reason why an item from BB.com would have shipping not available, but ship to store available? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

BB steelbook looks better than the CE one IMO.  February is gonna hurt my wallet.  Horizon, Wonderlands, Saints Row, Elden Ring, and Dying Light 2. 4 of those I have a limited or collector's edition on order.

This month is more ouchie with a Halo console, 2 limited xbox controllers, Halo elite controller, Battlefield, Zelda game and watch, and the premium pack for Forza Horizon 5 since the full game is on game pass.

I updated the links on my older post, GameStop includes exclusive Spectral Steed Whistle Replica

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1456266239236395012?s=20

Bestbuy wins with an extra steelbook, unless Elden Ring CE somehow part of Target B2G1 starts this weekend

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I don't understand how a unique whistle is less cool than another steelbook with nothing to put in it, but eh, to each their own

Also, keep in mind, any time a PS4 game has a free upgrade..it seems to make more logical sense to own that version of the game

I don't understand how a unique whistle is less cool than another steelbook with nothing to put in it, but eh, to each their own

Also, keep in mind, any time a PS4 game has a free upgrade..it seems to make more logical sense to own that version of the game
I have a shelf for steelbooks and a box full of knick knacks like the unique whistle.

BB steelbook looks better than the CE one IMO. February is gonna hurt my wallet. Horizon, Wonderlands, Saints Row, Elden Ring, and Dying Light 2. 4 of those I have a limited or collector's edition on order.

This month is more ouchie with a Halo console, 2 limited xbox controllers, Halo elite controller, Battlefield, Zelda game and watch, and the premium pack for Forza Horizon 5 since the full game is on game pass.
Expect half of them to get pushed back.

Links appear to be broken for me.
Elden Ring CE doesn’t appear on search on BB site or app. Link from Bandai Namco takes me to it on app but it has no button to pre-order.
GameStop links appear broken. Search for it on GameStop site pulls it up but has zero mention of the whistle replica.

Just got a GameStop preorder in, worked for me.
It adds it post order? Picture has no whistle, listing doesn’t say anything about it, and when I start the order it says I am ordering 1 item only. I could always order and cancel if needed, but GameStop has given me problems in the past so I would rather avoid problems if possible.

It adds it post order? Picture has no whistle, listing doesn’t say anything about it, and when I start the order it says I am ordering 1 item only. I could always order and cancel if needed, but GameStop has given me problems in the past so I would rather avoid problems if possible.
Gamestop always does that. It usually doesn't have bonuses in the order.

Sold out at Target and BB so far. Just ordered at GameStop with no mention of the whistle. I'm guessing this will be back in stock later on as they just blew through their initial allocation online. Hopefully Target gets it back in this weekend for the b2g1 promo.

Comparing this CE to the BB steelbook set it really doesn't offer that much more.  You're paying the difference between $59.99 and $189.99 to basically get a 9" statue, a 40pg art book, and its box.   Not really a good value there unless you value the statue that highly.  The included steel is completely forgettable and BB has the better one.

But watching today's gameplay preview video...holy cow Elden Ring looks legit, and like a main line Souls game. 

*$189.99 but yes, it's overpriced as hell. Me keeping my order will largely depend on how rare it ends up being and reviews. I can't see this not being a home run, so that combined with any scarcity and that will be enough for me. These kind of games don't come around often, and it will be a fucking planet.

Yeah I mean it only seems like a decent deal if you're not going to open it and plan to speculate on flipping it. (possibly). There is nothing essential here, and there will be much better Elden Ring merchandise down the line.

Bandai Namco doing a new online store next month, & reward points WILL NOT carry over, so spend them now. 100 points= $5 off, 200 points= $10 off, etc.

I preordered one of the Tales of Arise shirts, & used 200 reward points to basically cancel out the shipping charge.

Bandai Namco doing a new online store next month, & reward points WILL NOT carry over, so spend them now. 100 points= $5 off, 200 points= $10 off, etc.

I preordered one of the Tales of Arise shirts, & used 200 reward points to basically cancel out the shipping charge.
I got 370 points- any recommendations for something cheap? If not, might just let the points lapse.

Has the Premium Collector's Edition gone up for pre-order anywhere?

EDIT - Ah I see it's a Bamco store exclusive.

Apparently the Bandai Namco store is going offline December 3rd and they will relaunch a brand new online store.

This is probably why the Elden Ring CE hasn't gone live yet. So there's no issues with carrying orders over or whatever.

Love Dark Souls, looking forward to Elden Ring more than any other 2022 game … but not blown away by the Bandai Namco exclusive, satisfied with the regular CE (albeit pricey …).

Anyone else get an email from Amazon stating that the SMT V CE is going to be delivered late.. Very disappointed. SMT V was going to be the first game in years I actually play on launch day.

bread's done
Back