2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people still use this forum for videogame deals? Even the owner of gave up on trying to provide a good user experience years ago lol (I’ve never checked until now but I’m guessing this site probably hasn’t had a homepage for years) and just pays the server bills to earn gradually dimishing passive affiliate income. I used this site for actual deals from 2009 to maybe 2015 and then SD provided a way more timely and better user interface to see deals. This thread is the only thing of value on the site for me because people actually post comparatively rare items, i.e. CEs.
Yes

The artwork for the Atelier Sophie 2 LE has been finalized/shown off.  I'll be honest though, for $120 this is failry lackluster.  It will still 100% sell out as both the Switch and PS4 version are sitting at

The artwork for the Atelier Sophie 2 LE has been finalized/shown off. I'll be honest though, for $120 this is failry lackluster. It will still 100% sell out as both the Switch and PS4 version are sitting at <25%. I'd only recommend this LE if you are a die hard Atelier fan. The game also comes out on the same day as Elden Ring so remember that when you are P/O'ing

https://store.nisamerica.com/atelier-sophie-2-the-alchemist-of-the-mysterious-dream

FJPhY1_VUAE53dh.jpg
Lost my money at no steel book

NISA has always been dogwater about their CE's. It's always the cheapest shit imaginable. Paper products at all costs. Now they've found a new way to peddle paper products ( Acrylic Standees). Trash.

Nis still won't cancel out my extra order ugh ._.
They told me no on cancelling my preorder also. Lucky this is why I use virtual card numbers lol. Already cancelled it on my end. So now when they email asking for payment, I’ll say I emailed you a month ago to cancel anyway.

They told me no on cancelling my preorder also. Lucky this is why I use virtual card numbers lol. Already cancelled it on my end. So now when they email asking for payment, I’ll say I emailed you a month ago to cancel anyway.
Wait, we can't cancel pre-orders anymore??? I accidentally made some duplicates. I used PayPal for the pre-orders so can I cancel through that?

Wish I knew that sooner as I would have saved myself the headache but I'll get it done somehow

Also double-check your preorder if it was from two years ago like mine was. Shit Buy decided to mysteriously cancel my steelbook from the order but NOT the game. As if I was going to let that fly. God that company sucks but free is free. Wish Target would get in on steelbooks instead.

Also double-check your preorder if it was from two years ago like mine was. Shit Buy decided to mysteriously cancel my steelbook from the order but NOT the game. As if I was going to let that fly. God that company sucks but free is free. Wish Target would get in on steelbooks instead.
Best Buy is trash tier. I was able to secure pre-orders for the Byleth, Banjo, and Terry amiibo and a month before they released, Best Buy emails me telling me that my pick-up location is closing and if I don't pick a new location, they'll cancel after like a week. Seems simple enough, but I couldn't for the life of me change the location or switch the order to ship to home. I tried calling but they refused to speak to me because the order was in my husband's name (he was the pick up person). Never mind that my name is the account holder. But fine, it is what it is, so he and I go to the closing store and explain the situation, and the very nice lady working there just ended up giving us the 1-800 number I already called. SO, in the parking lot, my husband calls and gets some woman who sounds like she's in her living room and just gets the runaround for like 20 minutes. This person had no freaking clue what we were trying to say and how to fix it. We just needed to move the pre-order to a different location! She tells us something about how the item is out of stock and we're trying to explain that it's a pre-order and it's not out yet. It was a disaster. Well, there was a Gamestop in the same complex, so I ran out of the car and asked about the amiibo and miraculously, they still had pre-orders available. When I returned to the car, this woman is still putting my husband on hold and struggling, so we politely told her we didn't need help anymore and hung up. A week later, Best Buy canceled all three amiibo figures.

Between this nightmare and GCU no longer being a thing, I barely buy anything from Best Buy anymore. I only buy stuff like super-limited collector's editions (if they were the first retailer I could order from) or if I have a coupon. Speaking of GCU, I actually have two pre-orders left with the discount (Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3). It would have been three, but Best Buy just canceled Digimon Survive one day without warning (it was removed from their system, I guess because the game was in limbo), then had the gall to email me telling me to order it again when it reappeared on their site months later (well after GCU was gone). Yeah no, Best Buy, you can sit and spin. I just pre-order from Gamestop now because I love my local store and the people who work there.

It's on the front page of CAG but Gamestop has Triangle Strategy art cards included with any pre-orders

Hoping this means we might get a Best buy steelbook (Although they are cutting it close with any announcements)

[attachment=36618:FJzj3X5VcAI2tMv.jpg]

It's on the front page of CAG but Gamestop has Triangle Strategy art cards included with any pre-orders

Hoping this means we might get a Best buy steelbook (Although they are cutting it close with any announcements)

attachicon.gif
FJzj3X5VcAI2tMv.jpg
At this point I just want some sort of preorder bonus from BBY or Target. Otherwise I'll probably just get it from Walmart for the normal $50 they charge for 1st party Nintendo games.

Sitting this one out because there's no CE in the West and it'll get a port to PC/Xbox and end up on Game Pass. Got plenty to play coming up very soon. . .

Best Buy is trash tier. I was able to secure pre-orders for the Byleth, Banjo, and Terry amiibo and a month before they released, Best Buy emails me telling me that my pick-up location is closing and if I don't pick a new location, they'll cancel after like a week. Seems simple enough, but I couldn't for the life of me change the location or switch the order to ship to home. I tried calling but they refused to speak to me because the order was in my husband's name (he was the pick up person). Never mind that my name is the account holder. But fine, it is what it is, so he and I go to the closing store and explain the situation, and the very nice lady working there just ended up giving us the 1-800 number I already called. SO, in the parking lot, my husband calls and gets some woman who sounds like she's in her living room and just gets the runaround for like 20 minutes. This person had no freaking clue what we were trying to say and how to fix it. We just needed to move the pre-order to a different location! She tells us something about how the item is out of stock and we're trying to explain that it's a pre-order and it's not out yet. It was a disaster. Well, there was a Gamestop in the same complex, so I ran out of the car and asked about the amiibo and miraculously, they still had pre-orders available. When I returned to the car, this woman is still putting my husband on hold and struggling, so we politely told her we didn't need help anymore and hung up. A week later, Best Buy canceled all three amiibo figures.

Between this nightmare and GCU no longer being a thing, I barely buy anything from Best Buy anymore. I only buy stuff like super-limited collector's editions (if they were the first retailer I could order from) or if I have a coupon. Speaking of GCU, I actually have two pre-orders left with the discount (Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3). It would have been three, but Best Buy just canceled Digimon Survive one day without warning (it was removed from their system, I guess because the game was in limbo), then had the gall to email me telling me to order it again when it reappeared on their site months later (well after GCU was gone). Yeah no, Best Buy, you can sit and spin. I just pre-order from Gamestop now because I love my local store and the people who work there.
Oh yeah, all I ever did after they discontinued GCU was abuse an exploit in their return system to get pre-order steelbooks free. They finally figured it out after a few years so I can't name the last time I was in their store.

Forgot I had a Horizon Regalla edition from sony direct and bestbuy... now I have to decide which one to cancel... if not both. If I wasn't so opposed to scalpers I'm sure I could sell one and keep one for almost no cost. People paying crazy money for preorder resales these days..

Target used to pull the crap of advertising preorders of LE/CE of games and when you got the game it was the regular edition. You would have to return it and sometimes it was too late to get a CE/LE of said game at that time. It pissed me off. They are much better now.

Best Buy is trash tier. I was able to secure pre-orders for the Byleth, Banjo, and Terry amiibo and a month before they released, Best Buy emails me telling me that my pick-up location is closing and if I don't pick a new location, they'll cancel after like a week. Seems simple enough, but I couldn't for the life of me change the location or switch the order to ship to home. I tried calling but they refused to speak to me because the order was in my husband's name (he was the pick up person). Never mind that my name is the account holder. But fine, it is what it is, so he and I go to the closing store and explain the situation, and the very nice lady working there just ended up giving us the 1-800 number I already called. SO, in the parking lot, my husband calls and gets some woman who sounds like she's in her living room and just gets the runaround for like 20 minutes. This person had no freaking clue what we were trying to say and how to fix it. We just needed to move the pre-order to a different location! She tells us something about how the item is out of stock and we're trying to explain that it's a pre-order and it's not out yet. It was a disaster. Well, there was a Gamestop in the same complex, so I ran out of the car and asked about the amiibo and miraculously, they still had pre-orders available. When I returned to the car, this woman is still putting my husband on hold and struggling, so we politely told her we didn't need help anymore and hung up. A week later, Best Buy canceled all three amiibo figures.

BBY has some good sales and clearances but if they screw something up their CS is completely worthless. GS in my experience tries to help at least when they cause a problem. BBY literally doesn't care at all if they screw up and the employee's attitudes often suck. Not even an apology.

I placed an order just before my GCU ran out with a bunch of pre-orders to get a discount. I later cancelled one and they adjusted the prices for every other item in the order (including the ones that had already shipped) back up to full price.

The only time I order form BestBuy at this point is for the exclusive steelbooks and those come scratched more often than not. Their customer support once told me I should've ordered faster shipping than release day shipping if I wanted something on release day. Any time I've had to get a refund for something I had to contact someone on their forums - my returns just sat in "received" oblivion forever.

It's probably regional, as I don't see others having this many issues, but from my experience Best Buy can eat a dick. I wish another retailer did steelbooks instead.

My FNAC order was perfect too.  Did it come with the outfit pre-order everyone else got?  It's tough to translate everything from French.

Edit: nevermind.  It looks like you just play the game online before the end of March.

My FNAC order was perfect too. Did it come with the outfit pre-order everyone else got? It's tough to translate everything from French.

Edit: nevermind. It looks like you just play the game online before the end of March.
Seriously though. Came well protected and arrived a day before release at roughly the same cost? Will def use them in the future esp since Amazon UK seems to have more restrictions as of late. And with the carts being all region it's not like I'm stuck with a game I can't play either.

Anyone ever do a return and rebuy at BestBuy?  I have a lot of rewards and wondering if I keep my Horizon Regalla if I can return it and rebuy with rewards.

Because of PS5 shortages, Forbidden West announced that the PS4 -> PS5 upgrade is free instead of 10 dollars right? So there’s no reason to pay the PS5 tax? I should just get the PS4 version (or spend that extra 10 on the PS4 SE version)?

Because of PS5 shortages, Forbidden West announced that the PS4 -> PS5 upgrade is free instead of 10 dollars right? So there’s no reason to pay the PS5 tax? I should just get the PS4 version (or spend that extra 10 on the PS4 SE version)?
Correct, unless you'd prefer the PS5 banner on the box/disc.

It's not free because of the shortages. They tried to charge for it and it stirred up a shitstorm.

Has anyone seen the Regalla Edition come back for pre order? I'm checking daily but haven't seen anything
I cancelled my best buy one last night. So at least ones in the system somewhere. I just can’t justify buying a CE that doesn’t come with the physical game. I wrestled about it for months.

I cancelled my best buy one last night. So at least ones in the system somewhere. I just can’t justify buying a CE that doesn’t come with the physical game. I wrestled about it for months.
I also cancelled my Amazon one about a week or so ago for the same reasons. So the CE will most certainly pop back up sometime closer to launch.

I thought I head sony was adding discs to the CE and Regalla from backlash... but I sure can't find it anywhere online. Maybe I'm dreaming.

bread's done
Back