2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Elden Ring Premium CE went live today as the Bandai Namco site launched, but their site was broke as hell, no one could get an order in, so they took it down to try and fix it and will repost the CEs at some point later.

And FYI: I think everyone needs to make a brand new account again. They didn't migrate your old accounts over.

It's $260 plus tax, plus like $22 shipping. So you're going to need to pay about $300 for that sucker if you want it. And I believe the only difference from the regular CE is the helmet replica.

Wait, so did they sell out or have the remove the exclusive CE from the Bandai Namco store to go up at a later day/time?
A few went thru reading comments off of Twitter bt the site crashed so if you didn’t get an order processed then are SOL until the next batch goes live…if I’m correct it was only 6,000 copies of the premium collectors edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there's only 6,000 being made worldwide. So if people were able to get orders in, how many can possibly be left (EU store listed and sold out of there allotment already). I'm not taking any chances on missing a CE and just placed a order for the ps5 collectors edition (wasn't charged tax). My order number was in the 5,900s if that means anything.

Apparently there's only 6,000 being made worldwide. So if people were able to get orders in, how many can possibly be left (EU store listed and sold out of there allotment already). I'm not taking any chances on missing a CE and just placed a order for the ps5 collectors edition (wasn't charged tax). My order number in the 5,900s if that means anything.
basically winning the lottery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there's only 6,000 being made worldwide. So if people were able to get orders in, how many can possibly be left (EU store listed and sold out of there allotment already). I'm not taking any chances on missing a CE and just placed a order for the ps5 collectors edition (wasn't charged tax). My order number was in the 5,900s if that means anything.
Which edition are you referring to. The regular CE or Namco exclusive

They say it sold out, but it never actually went live. Not really, anyway.

I'm pretty certain they will release more.

They never told anyone they had to make new accounts with the new site, that was mistake #1.

#2 obviously was the site didn't work, and it didn't even let you make a new account or add the item to cart.

Once it finally started working, they pulled the item from the store. I actually was checking out once they pulled it.

Then they announce it on social media later on in the day so bots can prepare to get it or anyone who didn't have it in a cart ready to go in 1.5 seconds couldn't get one.

Really bad PR, so I'm sure they'll make more at some point. The question is, will they learn from their errors this time?

They say it sold out, but it never actually went live. Not really, anyway.

I'm pretty certain they will release more.

They never told anyone they had to make new accounts with the new site, that was mistake #1.

#2 obviously was the site didn't work, and it didn't even let you make a new account or add the item to cart.

Once it finally started working, they pulled the item from the store. I actually was checking out once they pulled it.

Then they announce it on social media later on in the day so bots can prepare to get it or anyone who didn't have it in a cart ready to go in 1.5 seconds couldn't get one.

Really bad PR, so I'm sure they'll make more at some point. The question is, will they learn from their errors this time?
Can they really make more just two months from release though? I mean ultimately, it's just one item to add to the existing CE, but it will probably take a couple of months to even get here from China if they can somehow manufacture more.

Can they really make more just wo months from release though? I mean ultimately, it's just one item to add to the existing CE, but it will probably take a couple of months to even get here from China if they can somehow manufacture more.
Either that or they are holding some allocated for emergencies that they'll release eventually. I think most stores always hold back an allotment of anything for emergencies. Or maybe if people make enough of a stink, they'll sniff out the bot orders and cancel them. Or anyone who ordered more than one with the same address.

I guess we shall see in due time.

I'm not super salty about missing this either way. I don't think the helmet is all that cool, especially if it isn't metal. I doubt it's metal, it would be too heavy to ship. I mainly wanted it for collecting purposes, not actual want want.

Either that or they are holding some allocated for emergencies that they'll release eventually. I think most stores always hold back an allotment of anything for emergencies. Or maybe if people make enough of a stink, they'll sniff out the bot orders and cancel them. Or anyone who ordered more than one with the same address.

I guess we shall see in due time.

I'm not super salty about missing this either way. I don't think the helmet is all that cool, especially if it isn't metal. I doubt it's metal, it would be too heavy to ship. I mainly wanted it for collecting purposes, not actual want want.
With $200 shipping?! I think it's made of something heavier than plastic or resin. Can anybody confirm the material used for the helmet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I dont think there ever would be a right time to release something like this. It was going to sell out immediately no matter what given its limited availability. Just luck of draw.

With $200 shipping?! I think it's made of something heavier than plastic or resin. Can anybody confirm the material used for the helmet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It wasn't $200 shipping in the US. For regular shipping it was like $20 and change and express was $60. It's definitely not a metal helmet as it's 1:1 scale and only costs $70 more than the regular CE

Too broke for it but still waiting on the day they drop some quality CE for a great price like sekiro CE in the future

Perfectly happy with my orders at GS for the regular CE. Wondering if more will surface since BB/Target sold out suspiciously fast by comparison. GS had them for almost a day IIRC.

Free steelbook with purchase Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin at BestBuy
56be2106fa2f469da7edca195d24649e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I am also happy they are charging $9.99 instead of $19.99 for the steelbook.  Trying to figure out if they will sell out quickly like Mass Effect and Persona Striker or in stock forever like Resident Evil and Yakuza.

Has anyone here ever used express shipping from Play Asia. Thinking about just ordering my EU CEs from them from now on, even at a markup, because I typically hate the shoddy packaging the Amazon EU branches use. But I hate the wait times. Is the 5 days truly accurate?

It says on their website express uses courier and signature? So who actually delivers it. Is it through some private shipping company? And do they still enforce the signature during COVID times?

Has anyone here ever used express shipping from Play Asia. Thinking about just ordering my EU CEs from them from now on, even at a markup, because I typically hate the shoddy packaging the Amazon EU branches use. But I hate the wait times. Is the 5 days truly accurate?

It says on their website express uses courier and signature? So who actually delivers it. Is it through some private shipping company? And do they still enforce the signature during COVID times?
Every time actually. I just make sure to order 3-4 games to make the $20 worth it. Arrives FedEx in our area and delivers with no problems.

i got a 20 off $35 order on instacart but the prices are so wack

i think i get a better deal on almost everything price matching gamestop and i already get free shipping

any ideas for this thing

edit: thought this was the best buy thread for soem reason

Cool pictures, I like your display case and all the CD Projekt Red merch.   Plus the associated CP/Witcher bookshelf with all the Andrzej Sapkowski books. 

I bought a few gaming SteelBooks from Best Buy today:

$10 - Back 4 Blood

$10 - Halo Infinite

$10 - RE VIllage

$5 - Borderlands 3

I think a few of these were previously $20.

Part of me wishes I didn't buy Far Cry 6 on release date. That thing dropped crazy fast even for a Ubisoft game (barring Beyond Good & Evil). Oh well, I enjoyed it and finished it so it was worth it I guess.

bread's done
Back