2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not free because of the shortages. They tried to charge for it and it stirred up a shitstorm.
I'm pretty sure Sony said PS4 to PS5 upgrades would only be temporary, before they stopped doing it. But I think people got surprised it was so soon.

Also, there's finally footage of the game running on PS4 Pro:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/27/a-glimpse-at-horizon-forbidden-west-ps4-gameplay/

Gotta say, I'm pretty damn impressed by how good the PS4 version looks (I get they're scripted gameplay sequences and most people will likely never be able to replicate that, but still) and equally impressed by how good the PS5 looks.

if future press can do a guide for forbidden west, I wish they would do one for elden ring like all the other soulsborne games that they've done

elden ring probably needs one more than forbidden west lol

I love hardcover guides!

for 50 bucks..... it better be loaded with art

I wonder why the release date is end of March?
I remember that happened with ni no kuni 2. That guide came out way after the game. It was a great guide too. That was future press as well

I'm still waiting for an unboxing of Horizon Regalla to decide if I keep or cancel...  Maybe this week if lucky.

Didn't realize Dying Light 2 got 10$ reward at bestbuy.... now I'm more tempted to pick it up vs waiting on a sale.  Really dig the steelbook with the veins on the zombie...  assuming the deluxe has that one.   Really wish companies would show actual product instead of just saying 'includes steelbook' and a picture of slipcover. 

Yeah I went for the PS4 CE...  I have the original HZD CE with the statue...  but it's still boxed up in the room behind my fireplace with all my other big game boxes.  I'm not trying to take up more space hoarding giant shit like this anymore.

Cancel and save your money.
I'm curious, is this statement based on something, like someone already unboxed it/reviewed the CE and noted it sucks? Or are you just saying the CE isn't worth it? I'm in the same boat as @dualrec and am debating on keeping the CE. HDZ is my fave game last gen so I'm pretty much leaning on keeping but at the same time, what @SlaughterX said also rings true regarding space.

I'm curious, is this statement based on something, like someone already unboxed it/reviewed the CE and noted it sucks? Or are you just saying the CE isn't worth it? I'm in the same boat as @dualrec and am debating on keeping the CE. HDZ is my fave game last gen so I'm pretty much leaning on keeping but at the same time, what @SlaughterX said also rings true regarding space.
I myself canceled dying light 2 CE for HFW and ELDEN RINGS, $600 bucks(3 CE) was something I was going to feel and space is getting limited bt I have the 1st HZD statue and missed all the DARKSOULS CE so had to treat myself….there was a post from Twitter that showed the CE for HFW and it looked pretty big and worth it IMO, as far as a physical copy I’ll hold out until $10 not happy about it either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm seriously considering cancelling Elden Rings PS5 from Bamco's website. They sent me a damaged (probably when someone was opening box with box cutters) Tales of Arise PS5 CE and we tried forever to get a replacement and finally returned it but they refused to process the refund until this last week when I finally had PayPal dispute step in. They no longer take PayPal and I'm leery of dealing with them when it was such a cut and dry case of refund for damaged item (and they sent me the prepaid label).

Is it just me or is customer service getting worse and worse?

MLB The Show 22 Collector's Edition to be revealed on Wednesday, will have MLB Legend on cover. Regular version shown today, Shohei Ohtani on cover. Game coming to Switch this year in addition to XBox and Playstation, full cross play.

XBox is day 1 Game Pass again.

Edit: Only CE this year is the $85 MVP Edition with sick anime-inspired Shohei Ohtani steelbook. No $100 physical CE with hat this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGYhVcsN3Ng

I'm seriously considering cancelling Elden Rings PS5 from Bamco's website. They sent me a damaged (probably when someone was opening box with box cutters) Tales of Arise PS5 CE and we tried forever to get a replacement and finally returned it but they refused to process the refund until this last week when I finally had PayPal dispute step in. They no longer take PayPal and I'm leery of dealing with them when it was such a cut and dry case of refund for damaged item (and they sent me the prepaid label).

Is it just me or is customer service getting worse and worse?
Bamco's customer service is awful. I ordered a shirt and a hoodie in early November. It shipped in December only after I asked for an update. Then when the package arrived, it was just the shirt. Customer service told me I needed to contact a different customer service, but the links/contacts didn't work. Then the store went down. I also had to have PayPal step in, and Bamco told PayPal I had to close the case before they would help me. Can't see myself ever ordering from there again.

Anyone have their Amazon UK Pokémon Legends actually reach Forward2Me? Forgot I ordered it with delivery to Guernsey warehouse but still no delivery 😪

Anyone have their Amazon UK Pokémon Legends actually reach Forward2Me? Forgot I ordered it with delivery to Guernsey warehouse but still no delivery
They received mine yesterday. I got a few more things going to them so I haven't asked for shipment yet.

XIII is as bad as the reviews say. It was a cheap buggy mess, just an absolute disaster and I have a high tolerance for bugs and stuff like that, but it was utter trash even for me. And it wasn't even a steelbook, it was a metal case.

Finally saw a youtube video for Dying Light 2 Deluxe steelbook and it's the same as the CE.
Thanks. My local gamestop is holding a copy for me (not official preorder) so won't get the pre-order dlc... but kinda lame. An outfit for your character on a first person game.., They could've done better.

but.... I just read how bad the bugs are... Wonder how much the day 1 patch would fix... or if I wait and try to get the steelbook later on sale..

Was only going to get cause I had games to trade in for the bonus

Thanks. My local gamestop is holding a copy for me (not official preorder) so won't get the pre-order dlc... but kinda lame. An outfit for your character on a first person game.., They could've done better.
Just imagine all of the NPC's that will be envious of the attire

but.... I just read how bad the bugs are... Wonder how much the day 1 patch would fix... or if I wait and try to get the steelbook later on sale..
Was only going to get cause I had games to trade in for the bonus
You get 2 days to try it with the G2L so try it out and worst case just wait for a sale on it down the road if you don’t enjoy it now.

So I FOMO ordered Blue Reflection 2 CE from NISA and holy shit, this might be the lightest "CE" I ever received. Haven't opened it but I can't help but feel I got an empty box. 

So I FOMO ordered Blue Reflection 2 CE from NISA and holy shit, this might be the lightest "CE" I ever received. Haven't opened it but I can't help but feel I got an empty box.
At first I thought you meant light on decent content for the price. But yeah, mostly paper, a little plastic and one piece of "cloth."

NA/US is the shittiest release region, Europe and Japan got more stuff in their LE

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Well, it is called Blue Reflection Second, Light Edition

/s

But yea, the other regions got bag, towel, art book, CD... we got a paper box.

Ugh. Pokémon Legends from Amazon UK still not delivered and now there's an option to request refund cuz it's likely lost. Can't even figure out how to properly track it (JerseyPost??). Was really looking forward to that neat Pokéball...

Lesson learned: don't ship to Forward2Me's tax free warehouse 😐

From what little I found on youtube...  I think the Dying Light 2 CE steelbook actually is different from the Deluxe.   Looks like the CE has the blacklight veins on the zombie, but the Deluxe looks plain...  fuck

bread's done
Back