2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said before, I ordered Horizon FW SE on release day. I got it yesterday and lo and behold, my wife wants to go through the first one again as its been awhile since we beat it and she wants to refresh on the characters and story. So I restarted the original last night. I guess I do not mind as gaming together is one of our hobbies, but I was looking forward to playing the sequel with her sooner rather than later. LOL
It’s not too bad if you stick with the main story missions … just don’t get bogged down in the collectathon of side missions. I’m sure they probably flesh out the story to a greater degree, but the main missions give you a good overview of the key story points. I just beat it this past weekend, having owned the game since around launch but burning out with all the side “help these people, hunt this, collect this metal flower” stuff.

Now I just need to power through Frozen Wilds with the same narrow focus and I should be good for the sequel, which is already installed.

Back on topic … the Special Edition box is really nice with just the Steelbook and little art book. Actually glad I cancelled my deep discount CE order and stuck with the smaller edition. The mammoth looks cool but that will become a dust collector and space nuisance in 6 months or less, imo (I learned from buying too many old Halo CEs … compact CEs are great CEs … love you, Fallout 3 lunchbox 😜).

My Elden Ring CE from GameStop is still active but no sign of shipping and no pending charge.
My regular Elden Ring copy from BB has a pending charge and says I can pick it up Friday but the steelbook says they will email me when I can pick it up.

My Elden Ring CE from GameStop is still active but no sign of shipping and no pending charge.
My regular Elden Ring copy from BB has a pending charge and says I can pick it up Friday but the steelbook says they will email me when I can pick it up.
My Horizon Regalla Edition from GS didn't ship until Thursday from Louisville and I got it Saturday morning.

Just got a notice from Amazon saying my Elden Ring CE should arrive Tues. March 1st, really frustrating imo.

My buddies' BBY Elden Ring CE is currently being packaged but it says that it will "ship by Friday".

Its less so I care about getting it on release day, because I'm planning on buying the PC version as well tomorrow and playing through that first with a group of friends. Its moreso I'll just be pissed if the item gets cancelled in general, especially as I have gotten all the other Soulsborne CE's and have each of their statues on display. And I placed my order in the very first batch on like November 4th, which would mean they can't be shipping based off order number/date

Also would be the second time I got screwed this week. For whatever reason Amazon just did not ship my HZD Regalla edition despite restocking it, and I ended up having to cancel and place a last minute order from Sony's store
Agreed, which is why I always order two. Redundancy checks have never failed me so far. ;)

As someone that played H:ZD at launch, I really don't remember most of the characters that I'm supposed to know in H:FW. I remember like two people, and I'm like 25+ hours in.

Erend and Sylens. Don't remember the Sun King or the trainer lady at all, for example. I don't even remember Varl.
Thats how I am. So I guess its a good thing for me to replay this with my wife before starting the new one. I'm just impatient.

It’s not too bad if you stick with the main story missions … just don’t get bogged down in the collectathon of side missions. I’m sure they probably flesh out the story to a greater degree, but the main missions give you a good overview of the key story points. I just beat it this past weekend, having owned the game since around launch but burning out with all the side “help these people, hunt this, collect this metal flower” stuff.

Now I just need to power through Frozen Wilds with the same narrow focus and I should be good for the sequel, which is already installed.

Back on topic … the Special Edition box is really nice with just the Steelbook and little art book. Actually glad I cancelled my deep discount CE order and stuck with the smaller edition. The mammoth looks cool but that will become a dust collector and space nuisance in 6 months or less, imo (I learned from buying too many old Halo CEs … compact CEs are great CEs … love you, Fallout 3 lunchbox ).
So I should play the Frozen Wilds DLC as well? I actually never played it even though I downloaded it long ago.

still nothing
kinda regretting not getting it from bandai, they at least sent everyone a code for arise

So I should play the Frozen Wilds DLC as well? I actually never played it even though I downloaded it long ago.
Supposedly the sequel references another AI in Frozen Wilds and the game picks up shortly after the DLC. You could probably watch a summary video, but there are tie-ins to the sequel from what I’ve read.

Honestly, you know about all the AI from the main game,  You'll know what's going on even without Frozen Wild.  The main game is much more important.

I feel the opening recap video did enough to catch you up if you didn’t play the DLC
This is pretty much it. Any time you have a game like this they will provide a short recap and flashbacks to some events that happened last game. Too much worry over trivial things. The game is good, that's what matters most

Has anyone been charged from Gamestop for Elden Ring CE? I haven't seen anything yet on my payment method, plus website is broken. Can't view any of my orders

If you liked HDZ, you should play Frozen Wilds. It was honestly a really good expansion except gameplay wise, it felt pretty unforgiving to me. It felt like they assumed you're playing it after recently beating HZD... but for me, it was like a 2-ish year gap between the two and I struggled to get comfortable playing the game.

Not sure if it was posted but the Halo Infinite Steelbook is for sale alone ($9.99) at Best buy. I grabbed one even though I got the game with my Halo Series X.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-halo-infinite-olympis-multi/6429556.p?skuId=6429556
Is this the same SB as the one from the Collectors Steelbook Edition?

Did anyone else not get their King of Fighters XV Omega Edition from GameStop yet? My local GS got only one in, and of course, it went to the employee that pre-ordered a copy also...  :bs:

Did anyone else have Bandai Namco cancel their Elden Ring and make a new order, almost like updating a credit card charge? Originally ordered CE back in mid December and I logged into my account and see they cancelled the December order and made another one on the 22nd 🤔

I was just checking to see if any shipping update (saw the card in my card earlier and an email confirming pre-order not realising the order number had changed).

Did anyone else have Bandai Namco cancel their Elden Ring and make a new order, almost like updating a credit card charge? Originally ordered CE back in mid December and I logged into my account and see they cancelled the December order and made another one on the 22nd

I was just checking to see if any shipping update (saw the card in my card earlier and an email confirming pre-order not realising the order number had changed).
Hi Prateeko,

I had posted a couple pages back about the status of my Namco Bandai Store cancelling my 2 old pre-orders from December 16, 2021 for the Series X and PS5 Elden Ring premium editions. They then re-created new orders with new order numbers on March 21 and March 22, 2022. I thought they had canned my Xbox order because it took an extra day for that order to be "recreated." Hopefully they are preparing to ship but they still haven't charged my card and it just says awaiting payment for both orders and my card is active. Hoping they don't ruin this.

So does anyone here have experience with the Namco Bandai store? Do they tend to ship their items well protected? I know they aren't the same company as Square Enix but I have had some really bad experiences from these direct from manufacturer website orders in the past regarding collector editions. I mention Square Enix because they once shipped my $150 Kingdom Hearts PS3 Collectors box in a paper thin bubble mailer. Like Amazon style..... It was absolutely demolished when I received it and they had charged some absurd amount in shipping costs. They never made it right either.

If anyone with a Namco Bandai CE or premium Elden Ring order has seen a charge on their card/shipping status change can they please post an update?

Thanks

I noticed my December Bandai order of Elden Ring CE was cancelled and a new order was made which is awaiting payment. The old order said the total was $19.99, just the shipping charge. Weird. Hopefully it ships soon. 

In regards to Bandai Namco store shipping quality, these big CEs will probably ship in custom fit boxes and most likely be fine.  They are pretty good at responding to non-issues, but you will never hear back if something does go wrong.

Mine is still not charged. Had a couple times where I logged into the site and it said order not found. Officially getting a bit worried if it hasnt charged me by this afternoon.

Never had Gamestop screw me on an pre-order before, even on stuff that was actually considered really rare (PS5, OLED Switch, lots of other CEs and Amiibos)

Hi Prateeko,

I had posted a couple pages back about the status of my Namco Bandai Store cancelling my 2 old pre-orders from December 16, 2021 for the Series X and PS5 Elden Ring premium editions. They then re-created new orders with new order numbers on March 21 and March 22, 2022. I thought they had canned my Xbox order because it took an extra day for that order to be "recreated." Hopefully they are preparing to ship but they still haven't charged my card and it just says awaiting payment for both orders and my card is active. Hoping they don't ruin this.

So does anyone here have experience with the Namco Bandai store? Do they tend to ship their items well protected? I know they aren't the same company as Square Enix but I have had some really bad experiences from these direct from manufacturer website orders in the past regarding collector editions. I mention Square Enix because they once shipped my $150 Kingdom Hearts PS3 Collectors box in a paper thin bubble mailer. Like Amazon style..... It was absolutely demolished when I received it and they had charged some absurd amount in shipping costs. They never made it right either.

If anyone with a Namco Bandai CE or premium Elden Ring order has seen a charge on their card/shipping status change can they please post an update?

Thanks

I noticed my December Bandai order of Elden Ring CE was cancelled and a new order was made which is awaiting payment. The old order said the total was $19.99, just the shipping charge. Weird. Hopefully it ships soon.

In regards to Bandai Namco store shipping quality, these big CEs will probably ship in custom fit boxes and most likely be fine. They are pretty good at responding to non-issues, but you will never hear back if something does go wrong.
So I assume this is their protocol? I have received no updates as far tracking information so I assume we won't get it on time. It seems like their whole storefront has been changed up (took forever to get a refund because they said the previous company was responsible) so who know is if they'll extend the previous courtesy of digital codes for shipments arriving late...

Mine is still not charged. Had a couple times where I logged into the site and it said order not found. Officially getting a bit worried if it hasnt charged me by this afternoon.

Never had Gamestop screw me on an pre-order before, even on stuff that was actually considered really rare (PS5, OLED Switch, lots of other CEs and Amiibos)
This is exactly what I’m experiencing too. And to add more insult my Horizon Regalla that “shipped” last Thursday still shows just the label created. GameStop is really dropping the ball right now. As much as a crappy company they are I’ve never had many issues with preorders before.

My Elden Ring, ordered morning of November 4, is still awaiting stock too. I'm not too bummed about it, but my Horizon SE from Target is also nowhere in sight. So it's like 0/2 the last two releases.

Elden Ring sitting at a 97 with 46 reviews on Metacritic is pretty insane. I'm always shocked at how much people love these ultra hard games... I love the lore but have never been good enough to get past the first few hours in any From Software game.

Had my order cancelled on Namco Bandai store yesterday due to "payment issues" when I see no attempts on any of my credit cards.  This was for the premium edition that I wasted time suffering on with their problems with the new launched store that day.  Contacted support/opened a ticket but have no expectations at this point.  

not even ds1?

you should give it a try again someday and just use a shield with a high block for as long as you need to

lets you learn what all the enemies do

Anyone else have an Elden CE ordered from Best Buy for store pickup? Curious if they'll actually have them available on release day

Elden Ring sitting at a 97 with 46 reviews on Metacritic is pretty insane. I'm always shocked at how much people love these ultra hard games... I love the lore but have never been good enough to get past the first few hours in any From Software game.
they aren't hard.

the first few hours of every Souls game is always the worst (hardest). Then it gets easier. The game always opens up a bit after the first 1-2 bosses.

The reason why the games resonate so well with everyone is the sense of progression and accomplishment you get from overcoming obstacles. You get stronger. You feel stronger. You start becoming more intimate with the game's systems and mechanics. Clearing new levels or bosses feels like a euphoric accomplishment. NPC interactions are rare, and very meaningful.

No other games offer that kind of feeling, and sense of progression.

I really like Souls games, but I've grown tired of the combat over the years. It hasn't evolved in any significantly noticeable way mechanically, it all feels same-y. It's certainly not bad, but having played 3 Dark Souls games, and then I expect Elden Ring to feel very similar to those, I hope eventually they figure out a way to evolve it while still keeping what's great about their games.

I really like Souls games, but I've grown tired of the combat over the years. It hasn't evolved in any significantly noticeable way mechanically, it all feels same-y. It's certainly not bad, but having played 3 Dark Souls games, and then I expect Elden Ring to feel very similar to those, I hope eventually they figure out a way to evolve it while still keeping what's great about their games.
The way people talk about the series made me finally give Dark Souls a shot. I completed the game and came away feeling like it was only okay and that I still missed whatever people were raving about.

I quit both Demon Souls and Dark Souls II after around 5 hours because I simply wasn't having fun.

I hold the unpopular opinion that Sekiro is the best FS game yet. I found it so much faster, more exciting and more engaging than any of their earlier titles. While it was hard, I felt like all the things in the game (bosses, areas, etc) were worth seeing (ended up NOT feeling this way about Dark Souls) to the extent that I endured and ended up platinuming the game.

I tried Bloodborne after Sekiro and found it too Dark Soulsy and quit after a few hours. I pre-ordered Elden Ring pretty much exclusively because of the phenomenal time I had with Sekiro and I hope the game reaches a medium that can satisfy both me and fans of "proper" Soulsborne games.

Personally, Bloodborne is still my favorite.  The lore on top of the game just pushes it over the top for me.

I've actually never really liked Japanese-themed Soulsborne games, oddly enough.  I didn't like Nioh or Sekiro.  Which is weird, because I liked Ghost of Tsushima.  It's sort of why I'm unsure about Elden Ring -- it feels more similar to Sekiro than other From games.

bloodborne is best by far for me too

coolest music/weapons/setting/lore

wish tehy didnt do it dirty and we could have 60 fps on it

my elden ring ce just shipped from gamestop btw

tracking says its standard fedex ground and not overnight, estimate saturday from kentucky

Just got an email from Gamestop saying there was some sort of issue and that my order would be on its way on Monday the 28th.....weird...but as long as they fulfill it I don't care.

I take back what I said about not getting worked up over delays, and not taking it out on customer service, with everything going on.  That was before review scores saying this is one of the best games ever, and I didn’t think I’d be affected.  Time to organize.

Just kidding, as long as it gets here I’ll be happy.

Just got an email from Gamestop saying there was some sort of issue and that my order would be on its way on Monday the 28th.....weird...but as long as they fulfill it I don't care.
North Texas still freezes over, I imagine their warehouse in Grapevine on the same boat

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back