2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLipViPuBA

Hopefully I actually get a copy of that firefly edition. Wondering if there’ll be a que just like when buying a ps5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLipViPuBA

Hopefully I actually get a copy of that firefly edition. Wondering if there’ll be a que just like when buying a ps5?
HIGHLY doubt it. Will most likely be first come first serve aka if you can bypass the server overload you will get one lol

Edit: Fake

This guy someone how got an early copy

https://twitter.com/JuanFco360HD/status/1563606786283823105
So it looks like this guy was just trying to build up hype for his own store where he's selling reproductions that he originally lead people to think was the real Firefly Edition. I hate this type of shit marketing that seems to be fairly common in this day and age and just reported the items to Etsy as being against their policies (doesn't seem like this is a legal reproduction). If it was a troll post for the sake of trolling, whatever but he's charging $40 for those dingy comic reprints and $60 for the steelbook. fuck this guy.

If it was a troll post for the sake of trolling, whatever but he's charging $40 for those dingy comic reprints and $60 for the steelbook. fuck this guy.
And he tweets "Most of the media/users use my images without my consent or mentioning me to earn profits."

Dude is a stack of 3 bags of dicks in a trenchcoat.

They don’t cancel orders when ordering multiples? Also was it only live for pre order only for a minute/few minutes?
I think they started to after these sold out. I know God of War Ragnarok had a one per person limit. I lucked out and got two by accident.

The pre order was live I think for like an hour or maybe a little more before selling out.

It went live two times. The first time was by accident and revealed the game before it was officially announced. The first listing lasted longer than the second listing. Don't remember the time though.

Anyone know if u can save your payment method on the website if you’ve never ordered from there before? It seems I’d be able to save my card info only once I place an order. If they let u cancel an order asap then I’ll just do that to save my payment method

Well that was amazing. I was being redirected and the wait time was 2 min. I kept refreshing ng my phone too then all of a sudden “this product has recently gone out of stock” lol

I kept clicking the add to cart button but it kept telling me it was sold out. Now it says sold out…what a bust
Did u get a CAPTCHA too? At least on browser, then I had to wait a minute then I clicked add to cart too..sold out lol. My phone didn’t get any captcha tho I just kept refreshing it, couldn’t add to cart cuz sold out in a millisecond lol

It put me in a PS5 queue.  I was refreshing quite a bit and never got to add it.

edit: The old "complain and it'll work" trick happened.  Got one.

Weird I was in a que too for a minute or so on my laptop. Either it sold out once I’ve been redirected or refreshing the page on my phone messed it up but I’m leaning towards the first one

The last of us arrived in an over sized box with barely any padding. Lucky no major damage. Waiting on Xenoblade 3 SE to add to the collection.
[attachment=37247:20220902_123648~2.jpg]

The last of us arrived in an over sized box with barely any padding. Lucky no major damage. Waiting on Xenoblade 3 SE to add to the collection.
Wow, you were NOT kidding... when you said barely any padding, figured it was a few air bubbles but mine was literally 1 sheet of tissue paper in my box. Unfortunately my copy wasn't as lucky and is unsealed/ripped.

fucks sake... I was not worried about condition seeing how well they packed my PS5 but this is ridiculous.

My Cowabunga Collection from Walmart came in perfect.  Waiting on LoU part 1 and Splatoon Switch to deliver and hopefully in good condish.

Everything I got from the SE clearance was in great condition as well.  The Avengers CE and the Deus Ex Augment edition had no damage.

Sony gave yall box for Firefly Edition? They put mine in a snug fit bubble mailer, the flaps hardly touched, damn glue got onto the top of the packaging

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Mine came the same way, sliding around in the box it looks ok though. Same one piece of tissue paper. Saw others on twitter with yellow padded envelopes and major damage.[attachment=37248:FbrsgDvXgAYnNW8.jpg]

My Firefly edition came smashed in a padded envelope with some glue stuck to it:

MAJa4Ob.jpg

Back to Sony it goes, no option to exchange unfortunately.

Mine shipped in a box. Damn, they put some of yours in a padded envelope? That's cheap as hell. Might depend on what warehouse it shipped from.

My Firefly edition came smashed in a padded envelope with some glue stuck to it:

Back to Sony it goes, no option to exchange unfortunately.
Mine doesn't even have that PS sticker... just two clear round stickers, one to keep the book-style packaging closed and another (that's ripped open) to keep a flap closed. But holy shit man, sorry to see your copy arrive like that.

Came from MS here

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Mine was from GA, shipped in a box with 1 tissue paper.

Mine doesn't even have that PS sticker... just two clear round stickers, one to keep the book-style packaging closed and another (that's ripped open) to keep a flap closed. But holy shit man, sorry to see your copy arrive like that.

Mine was from GA, shipped in a box with 1 tissue paper.
Mine is same, no PS sticker. Two clear stickers. That PS sticker looks ugly on all white background though

Mine shipped from NJ and was boxed. Anyone get it from NJ not boxed? Curious if this issue is warehouse specific or if it is just some employees doing this.

Firefly arrived in box like most and somehow only had minor injuries. Was the one sheet of PS brand paper included to be used as tissue for when customers cry at the sight of criminally neglegent packing and inevitable damage to an item where they seem to have sold off replacement stock mere hours ago?

I found the first LoU and First 3 Uncharted games kinda clunky. I main on Xbox, so the PS controller has always been weird for me. I played Uncharted for the first time going through all 4 back to back and found 4 to be the best.
The introduction of heavy stealth gameplay is what toppled the healthy balance from Uncharted for me. Even so, Uncharted got out just in time because it was also wearing thin. I'd much rather replay any of those over TLOU though.

I don't know how it happened, but I did and from Amazon. Maybe because I ordered one for the PS5 and one for the Switch and they kept each other from moving around the box. The box looked like it hadn't taken any abuse. These happened to be large enough that even Amazon didn't try to throw them in a plastic bag.
Same actually. Too bad I'm returning mine as I had ordered it a while back expecting it to be rare the way it was sold out for so long. Much rather have it digitally for $10 off a BF sale since I can already play all of them on my modded cab.

If they can't make anymore, can't they take them back, just remake the boxes, slap a seal sticker on em and ship em back out? It'll essentially be the same thing as buying new.  Might be too elaborate though.

The only support options they're giving are full refund or 20% discount on a future pre-order. I think a lot of people are just going to deal with the exterior damage rather than send it back, but the latter's a pretty easy write-off for Sony (they're still making money on whatever you buy after that 20%, and it just encourages you to pre-order something you otherwise might not have).

So I wouldn't really expect Sony to say/do anything because the impact to their bottom line is going to be extremely marginal. Consumers are the ones who lose in the situation, yet again. I'd love to be wrong, but I have no faith in big companies to do the right thing these days.

If they can't make anymore, can't they take them back, just remake the boxes, slap a seal sticker on em and ship em back out? It'll essentially be the same thing as buying new. Might be too elaborate though.
I remembered they did something similar with the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 CE. They just sent a replacement carboard sheet that you fold into a box.

I got in on the second batch of the Firefly edition Friday at midnight. Sony shipped it really fast. I got it 36 hours after ordering it. It shipped in a huge box with some Playstation branded tissue paper. My copy has a tiny ding on the top left corner, which is not too bad.

Sony sent me quite a few emails about the order. At the bottom of one of them was a link to a survey to ask how the delivery went. I filled it out. Praised their speed and gave them bad marks on packaging. Probably won't make a difference, but at least I tried.

bread's done
Back