2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what you collect. People gotta stop buying the crap. Western AAA IP's have been especially guilty lately.

My purchasing has been more focused and streamlined than ever. It's easy. Only the good sets for me. Which happens to be mostly JP stuff and under $100. $60 import steelbook on a game that was already on my radar or wishlist? done. $100 Nintendo first-party collector's box? easy-peasy. NISA steelbook + soundtrack + chipboard art box for $100? Put my name down immediately. After looking at a group picture of goods included in the CE, and briefly considering the price, you should know in about an instant whether or not you need to own the set. It should be a gut reaction.

I can't believe how many people buy these reprehensible bookcase-piece PVC statue editions for $260-$300. Most are gauche and don't even display nicely. Whose sole purpose and inspiration was to gouge your fandom, not create a tastefully designed set.
I think as a person, I've collected enough that I reached a point of being content. I realized that storage became a chore in finding solutions and I just want simplicity now; not clutter. CEs were more about a show of devotion and love for a franchise, but I just don't need it anymore. Now I prefer fewer set pieces to accent spaces for more impact, and I love it.

I'm not sure what you'd call it, but I've found more joy in reverse collecting by downsizing each collection into a few must haves while making a ton of cash from selling a majority of it off. The only part that has sucked is setting up the auctions to the point I've even donated some stuff I just don't see a point bothering with (ROI vs time/shipping).

Per usual, prob GS exclusive. Hoping BBY also getting a steelbook as well
1578ec2891ba62df3528b52e6060961b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

$250 for the RE4 Remake CE when it eventually goes live on gamestop + others.

Not too sold on this CE for that price, if I miss it I won't be too upset.

Wario states that the CE pages haven't been live yet- they started as sold out.

Honestly $250 doesn't surprise me.

RE3 was $200 and RE8 was $220, both GS exclusives.

Given how everything's gotten more expensive in the past year alone... Well, I don't want it to be $250, but it is.

ha, yep.  Took one look at that picture and knew it was a $250+ CE.

pile-of-poo_1f4a9.gif

"oh look, a 12" pvc statue;  I wonder what they are trying to charge." 

Anyone get Gotham Knights from Walmart and get the steelbook? Mine is supposed to be delivered but my order doesn't says 1 item so I'm worried it won't come with it.

$250 for the RE4 Remake CE when it eventually goes live on gamestop + others.

Not too sold on this CE for that price, if I miss it I won't be too upset.
Looks like a rip off but I'm in regardless- RE4 is one of those landmark games for me. RE4 was the first horror media I wanted to finish, otherwise I'm a huge wuss when it comes to scary movies/horrible games. But something about RE4 simply felt right and playing on the GC with (my then new) component cables on our (then new) 480p flat screen projection TV with 5.1 surround sound was gaming nirvana.

So is it GameStop exclusive? If so it’ll be rare and scalp. Hate exclusive CEs
Yes, it’s exclusive to GS again, but it’s still in stock on all three platforms. The RE 2 and 3 CEs didn’t last anywhere near this long and sold out fairly quickly. So either there are an abundance of copies this time around or most people aren’t interested in spending $250 on a CE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s exclusive to GS again, but it’s still in stock on all three platforms. The RE 2 and 3 CEs didn’t last anywhere near this long and sold out fairly quickly. So either there are an abundance of copies this time around or most people are interesting in spending $250 on a CE.

Or they’re getting the awesome stupid greatness from lame stop:

“Oops! We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895”

Or they’re getting the awesome stupid greatness from lame stop:

“Oops! We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895”
That happened to me a few years ago and it was apparently due to me being banned from the gamestop website.

That happened to me a few years ago and it was apparently due to me being banned from the gamestop website.
Here’s a lesson in how error handling works on e-commerce sites. Transactions can be denied for various reasons, e.g. you getting banned, purchase quantity limit on an account level, no actual inventory (discrepancy between web client which still enables purchases and back end services that’s aware there’s no more inventory), etc. Unless the product team, in this case the Gamestop checkout team, explicitly applies the effort to create customer-side error handling messages unique to each denial of purchase scenario, you’re going to have no idea what’s truly happening. There’s usually also good reason not to have unique messaging for each error scenario as it gives customers too much info.

Yep, same. I actually called and spent hours with their "executive customer service" getting it resolved a couple of years ago. They never explained why it happened and it was good again for a while and just started happening again. An easy work around is to just order as a guest.

This is the first RE CE I'll consider since I love 4 so much. Whether or not I actually keep my order will depend on March's slate of releases.

Yep, same. I actually called and spent hours with their "executive customer service" getting it resolved a couple of years ago. They never explained why it happened and it was good again for a while and just started happening again. An easy work around is to just order as a guest.
yeah, they also fixed my account when i called but wouldn't tell me why I was banned.

Walmart sent me a damaged Gotham Knights steelbook in a bubble mailer.  yay.

Product page was updated to say no steelbook and chat wasn't any help getting it replaced.  Got a $15 credit.

Edit: Oddly, it looks like there is a product page for the steelbook still and it's different from the sku originally ordered.

Got my Mario + Rabbids 2 and steelbook from Gamestop. I wanted to cancel it, but I forgot Gamestop gets the process moving well in advance of shipping so I couldn't cancel. Might try and return the game and keep the steelbook later and see how it goes.

Also got the Persona 5 Royal PS5 steelbook edition today.

Got my Mario + Rabbids 2 and steelbook from Gamestop. I wanted to cancel it, but I forgot Gamestop gets the process moving well in advance of shipping so I couldn't cancel. Might try and return the game and keep the steelbook later and see how it goes.

Also got the Persona 5 Royal PS5 steelbook edition today.
I got my mario today too, going to try return the game in store tomorrow.

Does your packing slip have the steelbook listed on a different line and a 1 cent charge for it?

Yes, it’s exclusive to GS again, but it’s still in stock on all three platforms. The RE 2 and 3 CEs didn’t last anywhere near this long and sold out fairly quickly. So either there are an abundance of copies this time around or most people aren’t interested in spending $250 on a CE.
I’m with MegaMan, on this one

Just preordered RE4 collectors edition from GameStop in store. I would recommend calling your local store if interested.

Really wondering if that persona 5 steelbook edition is gonna be rare or most copies will be steelbook for a few months
it’s waves I’ve noticed. Even with the first PS5 persona 5, all copies are steelbooks. Then they go on firesale around the holidays from $60 to $20, then become ‘rare’ and go up in value.

My Mario + Rabbids 2 & steelbook came with a packing slip that said the steelbook was a penny. Gamestop emailed me the other week informing me that they made a change to my order and were charging a penny more than my initial PayPal payment had been.

Oh dammit... I had no idea there were standalone SBs for REmake 2 and REmake 3.
Your going to have better luck trying to import them from Europe off EBay by now. I had to do that for RE R2 as that book sold out before launch and if BB did a restock it was super small. I was able to get in the 1 restock on the RE 3R Steelbook at BB. Thankfully Village and RE 4R CE's included the Steelbook unlike the previous 2 (when RE 7 also had the Steelbook, strange.)

Really wondering if that persona 5 steelbook edition is gonna be rare or most copies will be steelbook for a few months
Walmart and Target in STL isn't carrying Persona, so I imagine most nationwide aren't either, and my local GS said they got Steelbook and regular copies simultaneously, with only 1-6 Steelbook copies per SKU, so I guess it depends on what the stock is at BB and AZ.

bread's done
Back