2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter the franchise I really hope there starts to be a lot of dead stock for the predatory pricing model that’s becoming the industry standard at this rate, esp for the low, quality/quantity CE’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really took out the Ultimania book and said nah keep the same price!
I didn't even notice they took the Ultimania book out of the NA version. I'm glad now I went with the standard over the anniversary edition now as that book was the main thing that interested me in that set. I don't know if it's the same, but I went ahead and ordered the I-VI Ultimania book off of Amazon as I've had my eye on it for awhile.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but the anniversary edition has the game separate from the extras, and both ship separately.

I missed out on the regular edition, and just refuse to drop $300+ on the anniversary edition seeing as how it’s not even a true collectors edition.

Yeah, these prices are really getting absolutely absurd. I can't imagine what the FFVII Remake Part 2 CE is going to be. Some materia replica and a vinyl and the thing will cost $500.

Was just able to get an order in for the NS Anni version right now, but agree these are super over-priced. And really, this collection prob has my most favorite FF (VI) and 3rd fav FF (IV) and also my two least favorite (II and III). 

The entire I-VI Pixel Remaster bundle is $75 ($95 if you buy individually, for some reason) so I get the $75 pricetag. The $20 shipping and $200 CE markup is pretty atrocious, though. At the end of the day I'm just glad they didn't split it up into multiple discs and charge more that way like LRG did with the Atari Recharged collections. I could've easily seen I-III being a $60 disc and IV-VI being another $60 disc given modern markups and trends.

Unbelievable. 

This is so disappointing.  and then they leave out the hardcover book from the JP version and charge the same price, $300 after shipping.  I hate this company so much.  Wish they'd go under and someone else normal acquires them at this point.  But the financial success of FF14 is going to supplant the rest of their failed enterprises for eternity it would seem. 

We already own all these games (on previous platforms)....would it really have been so hard, or so bad, to do something nice for the fans to celebrate the anniversary? Instead of using it as yet another vehicle to price gouge your fans for the umpteenth time. 

If the book was in there then I would order one.  As a one time exception.  But I don't spin vinyl and this set is poor value.  That Ultimania book exclusion, the lack of a steelbook, and most of all the added shipping fee feels like eating shit.

On the bright side, the $75 game is perfectly fine value.  I've been watching this collection on Steam and that's what they cost.  I'm fine with it.  However, once again the $20 shipping fee is an insult.   OTTH, this initial sellout is a joke; they are going to print these to demand.

Let's be honest, we all knew these would be overpriced. And most of us also knew we'd buy them regardless while bitching about it being overpriced.

Let's be honest, we all knew these would be overpriced. And most of us also knew we'd buy them regardless while bitching about it being overpriced.
Overpriced CEs aren’t new but I don’t remember a CE where the JPN one had more and it was still the same price 🥴

The book was one of the things I wanted most from the CE too. I wonder if it will be available separately somehow.

It's literally a $120 CE. That you'd pay $150 for, reluctantly.

Imagine how if this was $150 shipped we'd still be groaning about the value because it is that poor.

nope.

Ya know I bought one of these before it was the DQ11 CE I thought I couldn't live without.  Then it came in that crappy little PC-software sized box soft bundle.   As soon as I needed to pay some bills I sold the thing for like $300 or something bc the contents could NOT justify opening it.

There is no point.  Unless you are going to resell later.  The stuff is so expensive that more than half of us would never open them. 

I can't open it and enjoy some vinyl records and acrylic figures.  so yeah.

It's a reminder that they've been doing these crappy CE's and soft bundles for over 4+ years.  That DQ11 one was also only $161, so it was a much easier choice to make. 

Remember those FF12, FFX, etc CEs that were bad enough at $120-$190 and most people didn't buy them. 

Oh, man. I was so excited to hear the FF Pixel Remasters were getting a physical release, then i was disappointed it was a SE Store exclusive. Then saw the pricing and my eyes just about popped out of my head. Plus I cannot believe they're like, well, we ain't translating and printing another book, but s'right, just keep the same price. I'm not dishing out $300 on this set, let alone just before Christmas. Even the standard at $100 is rather daunting thanks to the outrageous shipping charges. Rooting for some region to get their own physical releases, even if they're in 1-3 and 4-6 sets.

Yeah, i'm also passing. Exploitive price. I might just grab my favorite (vi) digital and then hope for an international physical release down the road.

Friendly reminder that while Square and others are trying to push these absurdly priced CE's, smaller publishers like NISA, XSEED, and Idea Factory are all putting out quality Collector's Editions for under $150.  I know these aren't always the games people are looking for, but the market isn't ALL bad (yet).

If it's any consolation the FF16 Collector's Edition STILL hasn't sold out yet, and I am sure Square wants that thing to push GTA-launch numbers (At least going by what we have heard in interviews), so they are seeing that the absurdly high priced items aren't moving anywhere near as quickly as they had hoped.

(Same with the other $250+ CE's that were announced at The Geoff Awards)

Friendly reminder that while Square and others are trying to push these absurdly priced CE's, smaller publishers like NISA, XSEED, and Idea Factory are all putting out quality Collector's Editions for under $150. I know these aren't always the games people are looking for, but the market isn't ALL bad (yet).

If it's any consolation the FF16 Collector's Edition STILL hasn't sold out yet, and I am sure Square wants that thing to push GTA-launch numbers (At least going by what we have heard in interviews), so they are seeing that the absurdly high priced items aren't moving anywhere near as quickly as they had hoped.

(Same with the other $250+ CE's that were announced at The Geoff Awards)
I’ll buy the FF XVI CE when SE is discounting it by 60% or more. That statue is a joke among jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only problem with some of the smaller publishers is that a bunch of them are doing weird amounts of exclusivity on the Switch. Almost all of Aksys's recent VNs have been Switch only, XSEED's been skipping PlayStation for stuff like Shadowverse and Rune Factory 3 Special (even RF4S is digital-only for PS4), NISA did the weird timed exclusivity but only in the West thing for Disgaea, and so on.

I'll still throw pre-orders to the publishers when they do make PS4/PS5 versions and opt for the CEs if they have a steelbook, but my Switch really just collects dust and as much as I like the small(er) guys I have more than enough of a backlog without branching into platforms I don't really play on.

Yeah, i'm also passing. Exploitive price. I might just grab my favorite (vi) digital and then hope for an international physical release down the road.
Word around so far is that only NA is limited physical, so outlook is hopeful for a release through somewhere like play-asia

Word around so far is that only NA is limited physical, so outlook is hopeful for a release through somewhere like play-asia
I'm not sure where that's coming from, the EU Square Enix store has the same disclaimer as US in their store listings, as does the JP special edition. There doesn't appear to be a standard edition on the JP Square Enix store at all, so maybe that's why people are holding out? I guess they might do a SE Asia version like they have with stuff like Romancing Saga, but I wouldn't count on it being cheaper after the shipping/markup from places like Play-Asia.

Does anyone know if Aksys charges pre-orders when ordered or when shipped? I'm looking at the Agarest LE, but I'd prefer paying closer to its release date.

I wouldn't be surprised if square enix is just saying the regular edition is sold out in order to funnel you in buying the $300 version. Also I don't get the appeal of all these vinyls appearing in CE's. I don't get the appeal. They are supposed to have a higher quality sound? From an 8bit track? I don't think my ears will know the difference. Print it on a CD and lower the cost by $50.

Also I don't get the appeal of all these vinyls appearing in CE's. I don't get the appeal. They are supposed to have a higher quality sound? From an 8bit track? I don't think my ears will know the difference. Print it on a CD and lower the cost by $50.
Not sure how frequent they're included with CE, but I'd imagine the concept behind this FF Pixel Remaster was retro nostalgia. I wouldn't mind if they released "The Making Of" on a VHS showing classic SquareSoft staff, and old commercials.

Things a Final Fantasy collection should have:
-every version of every game (eastern and western rom, gba, ds, psp, etc.) but at least the original roms at bare minimum
-optional save states and high speed modes
-art gallery, jukebox, and other extras
-price point of ~$50 and wide availability

Things this got:

-the shitty remakes with the bad font

-$200+ ebay flipper fee

The remakes aren't perfect but they're pretty outstanding. Calling them "shitty" because they don't have all the extras of the GBA games or a font you don't like makes you sound like a goober. 

So its weird i went to preorder Octopath 2 to get the steel book from best buy and it was delisted on the US site. 

edit: seems it was already mention it sucks i missed it. 

Speaking of Best Buy, an important thing to note here for future reference when they have some limited item or CE that is popping in and out of stock. If you notice sometimes when that happens the "get it by:" date will move around. And it appears, at least in a recent experience of mine that they'll ship the item based on the estimated date of when you ordered it. Even if they get more in stock after you place that order.

I ordered a game in the first week of December when the "Get it by:" date was December 29th. Then a week later the get it by date on the page for the same game changed to December 15th. So I ordered the game again, and got the second order two days later. But the order I placed back on like December 5th still hasn't shipped even though it's long been in stock.

I think that's pretty stupid and they should ship your order based on the stock they have not the original estimated date.

Maybe this is just a fluke thing, but if this is how they do it, could be handy to know in the event they have a limited CE flickering in and out of stock, and you order it with an estimated date as weeks later. If the item page moves the date sooner if I were you I'd place a second order.

All versions of the US release for the final fantasy 35th anniversary pixel remaster sold out within 24 hours…

Does ShopAtlus ship out of Anaheim, CA? I have a 9 lb package coming from there via Fed Ex and since LRG is out of North Carolina, and nothing from NISA is due yet, the rest of the Persona 5 Royal (XBox for me) new CE is the only thing I can think of I'm due to receive.

Does ShopAtlus ship out of Anaheim, CA? I have a 9 lb package coming from there via Fed Ex and since LRG is out of North Carolina, and nothing from NISA is due yet, the rest of the Persona 5 Royal (XBox for me) new CE is the only thing I can think of I'm due to receive.
My first and only shipment from them came from LA, which is nearby. Did you get a shipping email from them? If not, check your spam or if you're on gmail your other tabs besides primary.

Atlus sent mine from Costa Mesa, CA. Already received yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

They usually don't mark things as "no longer available" because people can always cancel orders, it's why there's a waitlist. I wonder if they got a lot of complaints about the shipping cost and made it unavailable until they fix it. Unlikely, but just a thought.

They usually don't mark things as "no longer available" because people can always cancel orders, it's why there's a waitlist. I wonder if they got a lot of complaints about the shipping cost and made it unavailable until they fix it. Unlikely, but just a thought.
I know this may be an odd thing to say, though can any store charge ANYTHING they want for shipping? Or is it even legal to make up a random price for shipping? A friend told me shipping was $20 for a plain copy of the FF remaster. I didn't believe him, there's no way a physical disc copy that weighs not even 100g costs that much to ship.

I know this may be an odd thing to say, though can any copy charge ANYTHING they want for shipping? Or is it even legal to make up a random price for shipping? A friend told me shipping was $20 for a plain copy of the FF remaster. I didn't believe him, there's no way a physical disc copy that weighs not even 100g costs that much to ship.
I can corroborate that--the cheapest shipping option I saw was $24 for "Express", and that was the main reason I decided to pass. Agreed that there's no way a PS4 game case should cost that much to ship.

I know this may be an odd thing to say, though can any store charge ANYTHING they want for shipping? Or is it even legal to make up a random price for shipping? A friend told me shipping was $20 for a plain copy of the FF remaster. I didn't believe him, there's no way a physical disc copy that weighs not even 100g costs that much to ship.
SquareEnix uses UPS, and from what I can see those are normal rates.

Standard 3-7 days $5.99+

Express 2 days $23.99+

Overnight $31.99+

What's upsetting people is that standard shipping wasn't offered for the Pixel Remaster.

Unbelievable.

This is so disappointing. and then they leave out the hardcover book from the JP version and charge the same price, $300 after shipping. I hate this company so much. Wish they'd go under and someone else normal acquires them at this point. But the financial success of FF14 is going to supplant the rest of their failed enterprises for eternity it would seem.

We already own all these games (on previous platforms)....would it really have been so hard, or so bad, to do something nice for the fans to celebrate the anniversary? Instead of using it as yet another vehicle to price gouge your fans for the umpteenth time.
I want Yoshi-P to take over as president so they can get some real change going. I'd rather buy Chained Echoes for $25 to support an excellent game even though I have it free on Game Pass than support this shitter company anymore. Their refusal to commit multi-platform support for all their games makes the choice even easier.

SquareEnix uses UPS, and from what I can see those are normal rates.

Standard 3-7 days $5.99+

Express 2 days $23.99+

Overnight $31.99+

What's upsetting people is that standard shipping wasn't offered for the Pixel Remaster.
Still extremely scammy of them. Those are personal rates as well, not negotiated corporate rates. And there's no reason they can't offer standard shipping.

bread's done
Back