2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
This was extremely constructive and helpful. Thank you for taking the time to post it.
You are welcome. Hopefully the guy asking if companies are allowed to charge shipping at whatever rate they like is also similarly helped.

SE has been scummy for years now, nobody should be surprised by any of this.

You are welcome. Hopefully the guy asking if companies are allowed to charge shipping at whatever rate they like is also similarly helped.

SE has been scummy for years now, nobody should be surprised by any of this.

I am since I never ordered from them before. I didn't know the base game for the FF remaster was square exclusive, I figured since it's just a plain copy it would be available nationwide.

Nier Replicant CE was like $11 to ship lol. I wonder if they disabled standard shipping when they had their holiday sale and just never turned it back on. 

Nier Replicant CE was like $11 to ship lol. I wonder if they disabled standard shipping when they had their holiday sale and just never turned it back on.
I agree the shipping is outrageous but maybe they did away with standard shipping bc packages were delivered best to high hell-- my nier collector's edition was

That still doesn't explain why the standard edition shipping cost is more than anniversary. My guess is those anniversary edition contents cost very little to produce so they're already going to be making a killing in profits for those, but need a way to make a killing for the standard, and that's to way overcharge for shipping.

This is like the 400th time of them rereleasing the same goddamn ROMs

These can run on a period test at this point, you might as well wait until you can play FF pixel shit directly from your brain via neuralink.

This is like skyrim tier of begging for donations at this point from squenix, damn. Are you going to buy again when 7 is remixed into the list? When it's 1-8? When it's 1-9? I don't get the huge interest in the rehash of incomplete packs over and over again. It's not even unfeasible to fit 1-12 on the same disc at this point

Picked up my final fantasy crisis core preorder at bestbuy. Got home and noticed there is a dent and a spine slash on the steelbook. Out of stock online and no store has it either. 

Would you keep it even though its damaged or just return it? It won't most likely come back in stock again.

Picked up my final fantasy crisis core preorder at bestbuy. Got home and noticed there is a dent and a spine slash on the steelbook. Out of stock online and no store has it either.

Would you keep it even though its damaged or just return it? It won't most likely come back in stock again.
Keep it as a "Battle-Damaged Edition". Thematically the dent and spine-slash make sense.

Normally I'd say return it but since best buy goofed and made them available to purchase separately they are pretty hard to find. If it doesn't bother you too much then keep it.

Hmm not sure what happened with Octopath Traveler II, all listings on all platforms for this game has been delisted from Bestbuy

On the same note of delisting, Crisis Core steelbooks are delisted too

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
So its weird i went to preorder Octopath 2 to get the steel book from best buy and it was delisted on the US site.

edit: seems it was already mention it sucks i missed it.
Per Wario, the Octopath steelbooks are back.

After seeing angry joe’s review of callisto protocol and it’s amazing left right dodge combat, I won’t be getting it anytime soon unless that CE drops to $100 or less hehe

After seeing angry joe’s review of callisto protocol and it’s amazing left right dodge combat, I won’t be getting it anytime soon unless that CE drops to $100 or less hehe
Kicking myself for buying this day 1... anyone know if this falls under Gamestop's extended return policy? I preordered it when it was first up but I'm wondering if I can return it because the delivery date falls in their extended holiday return window.

Gamestop exclusive Like A Dragon: Isshin steelbook

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/like-a-dragon-ishin---playstation-5/352295.html

attachicon.gif
Fks3k91X0AAahHt.png
Crossing my fingers for a relative unscathed steelbook

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Had no idea this was coming to the states... looking forward to it.

And I really hope the SB is individually wrapped. I only ever gotten a few SBs from GS (Ni No Kuni, FF7 Remake Intergrade, and Lost Judgment) and all were covered in scratches/scuffs/dents since they weren't individually wrapped. Most SBs I get are from BB and I think most of theirs come individually wrapped (Cyberpunk is the only one I can think of that wasn't individually wrapped).

Kicking myself for buying this day 1... anyone know if this falls under Gamestop's extended return policy? I preordered it when it was first up but I'm wondering if I can return it because the delivery date falls in their extended holiday return window.
It should, since the release date should be considered the actual purchase date.

Is the Isshin steelbook supposed to show up in your cart/order confirmation? I just have the game on there.
That's the joke with gamestop you don't know if you will get the steelbook. They did this for mario rabbids, sonic frontiers and other exclusive steelbooks where it doesn't get added to your cart which makes you think if you will get it

They are but no one preordered that stinker. The debut trailer was enough to keep people away. Never seen a games price get chopped in half so quickly.

Is there any difference between the Best Buy Crisis Core Blu-Ray Steelbooks and the ones from Japan? The Japanese ones are selling for around $65 on EBay and the Best Buy ones are $100. Would rather save $35 if there's no difference.

Seems Suikoden 1 and 2 remaster will be getting physical releases in NA, EU, JP. Play Asia has pages up(items not available yet) as do some Euro sites.

Not sure if there will be a CE at some point, but something here to keep an eye out for. Even just the standard I think it's something here people would have interest in anyway.

Seems Suikoden 1 and 2 remaster will be getting physical releases in NA, EU, JP. Play Asia has pages up(items not available yet) as do some Euro sites.

Not sure if there will be a CE at some point, but something here to keep an eye out for. Even just the standard I think it's something here people would have interest in anyway.
I can't imagine Konami would skip out on milking this... I'm sure there'll be a SE-level overpriced CE.

And of course, I'll be front and center when the pre-orders go up.... :whistle2:

Just a heads up to keep expectations in check. Play-Asia does this all the time, they will put a placeholder out to begin reservations before a physical is even announced.

They did this for Front Mission remake before the physical was announced as a website-exclusive (Forever-Limited, the publishing wing of the developer) and I believe they even had a PS4 listing for one of the Saga remasters (Even though it only came out physically on Switch, unsure if it even released on PS4). Obviously they give out refunds if a physical never manifests.

I personally hope beyond hope that a physical edition exists in some format, and a (reasonably priced) CE on top of that, but a Play-Asia listing is not confirmation or refutal of a physical copy.

The one thing Play-Asia IS good at is confirming if an Asia/JP copy of a game will have Multi-language/English on the disc cart. So if for some reason the Suikoden remasters are physical only in Asia, then use Play-Asia as determination if it will have English right on it right out of the box.

A perfect example is the Fatal Frame Switch physicals the West never get a physical release but Asia got multi-language cartridges, so English is available on them. (All of my JP/Asia games I have imported from them, and can confirm I haven't gotten any that didn't match the listing. Another example is the FFx-X2 double pack. In the West we only got FFX on cartridge with a DL code for FFX-2, Asia got cartridges with both games included, and Play-Asia had them available to import.

Just a heads up to keep expectations in check. Play-Asia does this all the time, they will put a placeholder out to begin reservations before a physical is even announced.

They did this for Front Mission remake before the physical was announced as a website-exclusive (Forever-Limited, the publishing wing of the developer) and I believe they even had a PS4 listing for one of the Saga remasters (Even though it only came out physically on Switch, unsure if it even released on PS4). Obviously they give out refunds if a physical never manifests.

I personally hope beyond hope that a physical edition exists in some format, and a (reasonably priced) CE on top of that, but a Play-Asia listing is not confirmation or refutal of a physical copy.
FNAC has it available to pre-order now, so maybe it is a thing. We'll see.

The Star Wars Jedi Survivor LRG CE finally sold out. I ended up passing. The only thing I had interest in was the steelbook and I'm not paying $230+ extra for a steelbook. Hopefully it can be picked up elsewhere at some point.

Based on that low quality image, I'd say those Tears joycons are hideous.  I'll still probably end up getting the console and will just sell them or swap shells.  Hopefully the artwork on the back of the console is tasteful.

im not a fan of the Zelda Special Edition unfortunately but I will get it if im able to get past all the bots, collectors and flippers

Aw man still no next gen switch
I’ve given up on the console two years ago. I even had a “switch savings account”. Ready to buy the ‘switch pro’ day one. It hasn’t happened so I spent the money on my partner for a really nice Xmas gift last year. At this point it’s silly to buy 2017 tech today for the same MSRP it was back then.

On this pic, the console looks rather forgettable and I'd rather just get a set of those golden joycons. Honestly, and subjectively, both the Splatoon and the Pokemon consoles look cooler and more detailed.

Curious to see how many NS variants there are now... seems like nearly as many NS variants as there were for GBAs and DSes.
Reeally easy when all you have to do is put a colored stencil on it. We're all suckers for it; myself included.

Nintendo loves to use Zelda to sell new hardware. I'm guessing there will be a "Complete" or "Deluxe" edition of TotK to accompany the Switch 2 whenever it launches. Hopefully they don't pull a Square Enix and make the DLC exclusive to the new gen version, though.

Aw man still no next gen switch
I was also thinking that... hard to believe the NS is nearly 6 years old and we haven't seen anything outside of the OLED version. While the graphics aren't bad by any means in portable mode, it leaves something to desired on HDTV.

At the same time, it's insane how many of my younger co-workers have a Switch and each one of them own like a dozen Nintendo games each; all of them have at least 1-2 Pokemon games, most have Animal Crossing, everyone has Mario Kart. Nintendo's making bank left and right, prob have no reason to bother with Switch 2.

With how well the Steam Deck and Switch sells, I don't think anyone's really in a hurry to make either much better

Not even sure how good they can get Switch 2 at this point anyway.

I was also thinking that... hard to believe the NS is nearly 6 years old and we haven't seen anything outside of the OLED version. While the graphics aren't bad by any means in portable mode, it leaves something to desired on HDTV.

At the same time, it's insane how many of my younger co-workers have a Switch and each one of them own like a dozen Nintendo games each; all of them have at least 1-2 Pokemon games, most have Animal Crossing, everyone has Mario Kart. Nintendo's making bank left and right, prob have no reason to bother with Switch 2.
Side note, but my current barometer on the Super Switch/Switch 2 is Metroid Prime 4.

If Nintendo announces a Metroid Prime remaster/Trilogy remaster for this year, then Metroid Prime 4 will be a cross-gen launch title for the next Switch in early/mid 2024 (rumored dates) like Breath of the Wild was.

If Nintendo announces Metroid Prime 4 for this year then the next Switch will most likely be mid/end of 2024 (If it even comes out that year).

At the very least we can expect a console on par with the Steam deck (internally) + an OLED screen.

bread's done
Back