2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
SO... you two are the reason Nintendo isn't making an NS2! You just keep buying their stenciled NSes. :bomb:
I only have the original Switch docked. This would be my first repurchase of a Switch when this Zelda one comes out. Now if you want to talk about Zelda 3DSes, then I am guilty as hell. lol

I only have the original Switch docked. This would be my first repurchase of a Switch when this Zelda one comes out. Now if you want to talk about Zelda 3DSes, then I am guilty as hell. lol
I have the Link Between worlds 3ds and Hyrule 3ds xl. Also the gold GBA SP with minish cap and Wii U console

If shipping cost kept you from getting the 1 More P5 Royal CE, it now has free shipping.
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1611076112955891712?s=46&t=3WtMzY5SrGJlRDQxRLcdjg

If shipping cost kept you from getting the 1 More P5 Royal CE, it now has free shipping.
If you are wondering how much they have left a few days ago the account SMTnetwork posted just how many thousands of copies they have available to purchase.

[attachment=37683:FlfmEOzXEAE1Ql8.jpg]

Looks like Atlus screwed up big time and I really hope they take the RIGHT lessons from this (Better bang for our buck) and not the corporate-response lesson (People don't buy CEs anymore, up the price and lessen the content like Square Enix)

If you are wondering how much they have left a few days ago the account SMTnetwork posted just how many thousands of copies they have available to purchase.

FlfmEOzXEAE1Ql8.jpg

Looks like Atlus screwed up big time and I really hope they take the RIGHT lessons from this (Better bang for our buck) and not the corporate-response lesson (People don't buy CEs anymore, up the price and lessen the content like Square Enix)
I guess at least I preordered the correct version (XBox) LoL. But it sucks that if I had waited I would have saved $32.

I do wonder how many they started with each version though.

I guess at least I preordered the correct version (XBox) LoL. But it sucks that if I had waited I would have saved $32.

I do wonder how many they started with each version though.
We have no way of ever really knowing,

but I could see 10,000 Switch (Due to demand),

10,000 PS5 (This was a mistake on corporate's part if true),

and 5,000 Xbox just because of the gamepass

I'd buy the P5R Xbox CE if it drops in price.  I collect most SMT games but I passed on this one due to the price and the fact that it was on Game Pass and I owned the past 2 P5 CEs.

Walmart cancelled my FFXVI though was lucky and able to price match at Best Buy while it was still available.
Bruh how did u get em to match it? Was it instock at Walmart when u matched? And will u still be getting the steelbook?

Bruh how did u get em to match it? Was it instock at Walmart when u matched? And will u still be getting the steelbook?
It was in stock at Walmart while I tried to price match and I just did the online chat. I was buying a gift and had them price match NISA Prinny Collection 2 from Amazon as a last-minute xmas gift for a party we were having that weekend and figured I would ask about FFXVI as well and they did both.

jesS2Ws.png

It was in stock at Walmart while I tried to price match and I just did the online chat. I was buying a gift and had them price match NISA Prinny Collection 2 from Amazon as a last-minute xmas gift for a party we were having that weekend and figured I would ask about FFXVI as well and they did both.

jesS2Ws.png
Lucky. It was went oos for me a couple of times so I placed an order as soon as it went up again then it sold out quick and never came back lol so I never bothered to try to pm at bb. Is the steelbook showing up on ur past orders page?

Got one for store pickup on Friday. Hope I don’t have to get there by midnight to secure a steelbook. My target order (30%) of shipped though. THAT is very unusual from target

Got my One Piece + steelbook today. Both packaged together in a bubble mailer.

As for Like a Dragon, it's advertised on GameStop as an exclusive steelbook, so hopefully one of the sites don't cancel the steelbook part of the order as an "oops"

Looks like ishin like a dragon got a steelbook at best buy now. From the picture it appears to be the same as the Gamestop one
Interesting as Gamestop still lists it as an "Exclusive Steelbook", but not a "Gamestop Exclusive steelbook"

My existing BBY PO from October did not have the Steelbook added onto it, so I had to place a new one and cancel the old.

Now I have to decide if I keep both (and return one) or cancel one. Probably going to hold off and see if both ship with the steelbook and just return one when I get them.

So can someone remind me how this works? Best buy now has the Like a Dragon Ishin steelbook which I really want however not sure I want the game quite yet. Since you can't order the steel by itself I have the steel pre-ordered for shipping with the game for pickup. Is this a case where they won't ship the steel until the game is picked up? My plan was just have them ship the steel and I don't pick up the game, they cancel game and charge me the $10 or whatever for the steel but not sure that'll work in this case? Should I just do pick up for both game and steel and then return the game a few days later? What's the normal way y'all do this?

So can someone remind me how this works? Best buy now has the Like a Dragon Ishin steelbook which I really want however not sure I want the game quite yet. Since you can't order the steel by itself I have the steel pre-ordered for shipping with the game for pickup. Is this a case where they won't ship the steel until the game is picked up? My plan was just have them ship the steel and I don't pick up the game, they cancel game and charge me the $10 or whatever for the steel but not sure that'll work in this case? Should I just do pick up for both game and steel and then return the game a few days later? What's the normal way y'all do this?
Don't do instore pick up for it, have it shipped out to you. Then return the game instore without the steelbook, it will be $10 for it.

Last time I tried to this, I was told it comes as complete package in store and they can't just take the game back, has to be both. Apparently, the system won't allow a return of just the game. I never had an issue with returning just the game if it was shipped to me.

Anyone else questioning the Fire Emblem Engage CE? Feel like I used not question any Nintendo CEs in the past but now I'm questioning them too...

If anyone is remotely interested in Atari steelbook collection for Switch, you may want to get it now. It is starting to disappear 

GameStop has it, but is a gamble for a sealed copy

Anyone else questioning the Fire Emblem Engage CE? Feel like I used not question any Nintendo CEs in the past but now I'm questioning them too...
Bayonetta is still available at stores. Metroid was available for a long time. Nintendo is printing the hell out of CE's. The exception being Xenoblade 3 which was a limit 1 Nintendo Store Online exclusive. Curious what they do for Zelda. Obviously BOTW had the two collectors editions. Have to imagine they ramp up production on Tears.

Bayonetta is still available at stores. Metroid was available for a long time. Nintendo is printing the hell out of CE's. The exception being Xenoblade 3 which was a limit 1 Nintendo Store Online exclusive. Curious what they do for Zelda. Obviously BOTW had the two collectors editions. Have to imagine they ramp up production on Tears.
Those two are exactly the reason why I am re-thinking. Pretty sure Dread was on sale for notably less than MSRP and guessing Bayo will too.

To be honest, I'm not sure which company's CE's are truly limited/must preorder nowadays. Atlus is clearancing Shin Megami. God of War is still available. After missing out on Danganronpa and the first round of AI Nirvana, I was happy to get a restock of AI from Spike Chunsoft, but that was reprinted to oblivion and is less than MSRP too. Seems really hard to justify pasting MSRP for a retail release CE nowadays. Best to just wait for a sale.

To be honest, I'm not sure which company's CE's are truly limited/must preorder nowadays. Atlus is clearancing Shin Megami. God of War is still available. After missing out on Danganronpa and the first round of AI Nirvana, I was happy to get a restock of AI from Spike Chunsoft, but that was reprinted to oblivion and is less than MSRP too. Seems really hard to justify pasting MSRP for a retail release CE nowadays. Best to just wait for a sale.
Yeah its a bit of a gamble these days. The Resident Evil 4 collectors edition from Gamestop might be rare......but I don't know:)

I mean, I just buy CEs that I think are cool. Steelbook and artbook for $20? I'm in. Statue for a franchise I like? Hell yeah. Paper goods and acrylics for $40? Hard pass.

In other words, if the contents are good/cool, it doesn't really matter how rare it is/isn't IMO. I was a big fan of the NNK2 CE (though the game itself was another story) and that dropped like a skydiver without a parachute. Still  don't regret the purchase at MSRP. Value proposition is a much bigger question than rarity for me. But I've been scaling back on CE purchases for a while so maybe I'm becoming less of a cheapass as a result.

I never found the Metroid Dread CE, I ended up not buying the game at all after I couldn't aquire the CE. Which stores still had it. It had sold out within a day of preorders going up and I never saw it again.

bread's done
Back