2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received the Forspoken steelbook yet? I got the game on Monday but the steelbook's just been hanging out in BestBuy limbo and hasn't shipped yet.

Forgive my ignorance, but did you order the $250 CE from GameStop strictly for the steelbook? I thought they were different anyway so why cancel?
The Amazon Spain steelbook is the same as the CE. The other is kinda nice, but I'm happy with a cheaper one with just the steelbook. That makes it $150+ difference for the statue and art book.

Someone may find this interesting:

Fire-Emblem-Engage-deluxe-comparisions1.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Engage-deluxe-comparisions-2.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Engage-deluxe-comparisions3.jpg

Fangamer has the Celeste reprint up for preorder. Switch & Ps4. Standard and Deluxe.
https://www.fangamer.com/products/celeste-game-nintendo-switch
Thanks! I didn't even know they were doing a reprint. Is it known if the standard edition will be re-released elsewhere? Like best buy, or is that fangamer exclusive? It says the deluxe edition is exclusive but doesn't mention the standard.

Also, I second that those tarot cards are fugly. There's been way better pre order promos, but I guess people appreciate the "rarity".

Thanks! I didn't even know they were doing a reprint. Is it known if the standard edition will be re-released elsewhere? Like best buy, or is that fangamer exclusive? It says the deluxe edition is exclusive but doesn't mention the standard.

Also, I second that those tarot cards are fugly. There's been way better pre order promos, but I guess people appreciate the "rarity".
I assume the regular edition will pop up somewhere. Just not sure where. Best Buy, Target, Amazon or GameStop. Other releases of their have popped up in 1 or more of those stores,

No notice for me lol. Idk why forspoken is showing up twice on my purchase history. Already picked up the game. That steelbook ain’t shipping lol

Also still waiting on my Forspoken steelbook but man, this game looks so bad... I played the demo and was thinking it was bad but wasn't sure if it was just be me being an old man. Controls felt really heavy/clumsy, it played it a shooter except you have magic instead of guns and the dialogue sounded pretty cringey. But most annoying is probably the same thing Valkyrie Elysium- looks pretty at a standstill but turns to ass as soon as you start moving. 

Also still waiting on my Forspoken steelbook but man, this game looks so bad... I played the demo and was thinking it was bad but wasn't sure if it was just be me being an old man. Controls felt really heavy/clumsy, it played it a shooter except you have magic instead of guns and the dialogue sounded pretty cringey. But most annoying is probably the same thing Valkyrie Elysium- looks pretty at a standstill but turns to ass as soon as you start moving.
I enjoyed the melee and it took a while to get used to the system, switching spells and stuff. It was pretty fun but from what I’ve heard the story isn’t compelling and I don’t like games that don’t keep u engaged. I fears that the dialogue would be cringey and turns out it really is lol. Cringey main character and stupid cuff lol so I’m debating on returning it and waiting for a price drop WITH steelbook

did anyone receive their Fire Emblem Engage Divine Edition with a broken seal? Target sent me in a box with nicely bubble wrapped. some damage on the top open area with a broken seal.

did anyone receive their Fire Emblem Engage Divine Edition with a broken seal? Target sent me in a box with nicely bubble wrapped. some damage on the top open area with a broken seal.
I think many people did. There was too much pressure at some point during shipping (and the seals popped open).

Forspoken is pretty bad. The worst part isn’t the controls, it’s that it’s an empty bland world with hardly anything in it but lame collectibles. Few enemy varieties. You find yourself fighting mobs of like 8 of the same enemies over and over. It’s just incredibly boring. Unless you’re absolutely obsessed with open world games and can’t get enough of them, I wouldn’t recommend it. And the controls aren’t the best, but navigating an empty boring world with the controls is what hurts it.

Yes, both the top and the bottom seals were broken on my copy from GameStop, along with a slight tear on one of the inner flaps. My first thought was that someone had opened it, but all the contents were intact. On closer inspection it looks like the weight of the contents moving around during shipping managed to break the tape open.

GameStop actually did a pretty decent job packing it, using a sturdy cardboard box and air pillows all around it. But FedEx still managed to be so rough with it that a few of the air pillows were popped from the weight shifting around. Though it's still better than the copies I've seen people get from Amazon that are absolutely destroyed because they were shipped in a bubble mailer. I wish there was a better option for getting these collector's editions...

Forspoken is pretty bad. The worst part isn’t the controls, it’s that it’s an empty bland world with hardly anything in it but lame collectibles. Few enemy varieties. You find yourself fighting mobs of like 8 of the same enemies over and over. It’s just incredibly boring. Unless you’re absolutely obsessed with open world games and can’t get enough of them, I wouldn’t recommend it. And the controls aren’t the best, but navigating an empty boring world with the controls is what hurts it.
Yeah, I'm gonna return it. The steelbook came in today. I know it's in a box, but dont know the condition until I'm home.

Still waiting on mine to ship. Staff on the BB forums are telling people it's on backorder and they're waiting for stock to arrive. So unknown why some have shipped and others haven't.

I my copy from Gamestop with a bigger seal over the two existing seals and here I am wondering if my package was tampered with...

At first that seemed like a novel idea. . .but when you stop to think about it: what are people really collecting anymore? Empty steelbooks? Just. . .why?
Since this is MS, Redfall’s game disc, even if it was included, likely won’t run without updates so the only functioning physical thing that’s being collected is likely the case itself.

I was thinking more of how nintendo is too cheap to send him a free copy.
it's even more stupid because a few days ago GameStop had a restock that was up for hours.

earlier in the am today the 27 BestBuy, amazon, and target all had a restock.

stupid people's orders in limbo or getting canceled when companies have restocks. and those orders go out first.

Since this is MS, Redfall’s game disc, even if it was included, likely won’t run without updates so the only functioning physical thing that’s being collected is likely the case itself.
Maybe a next gen only game will be different. A lot of that is the xbox one version being on disc.

Edit: Forspoken made it to me with no damage.

Looks like Bestbuy adding the RE4 steelbook for individual sale has caused them to sell out. Its no longer available when you try to preorder. (It was earlier). Same thing happened with crisis core. 

Good thing I placed an order for RE4 then. Missed out on Wo long with $10 gift card. Waited too long I guess since it made it to slickdeals

Wo Long will be back in stock. It's sold out on every website at the same time and coincidentally only for PS5, which usually means retailers had some type of a stock change from the publisher and they moved it to OOS until it gets straightened out.

Looks like Bestbuy adding the RE4 steelbook for individual sale has caused them to sell out. Its no longer available when you try to preorder. (It was earlier). Same thing happened with crisis core.
Oh man, I missed the steelbook via add on too? Damn... I mean it's honestly kinda ugly but still, RE4 is one of those memorable games for me.

Best Buy has the RE4 Remake steelbook available for preorder with the game again.

Nvm. It either sold out insanely fast or it was an error. I preordered the game while it said it was still available, but it never actually got added to my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back