2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have issues where the Namco Bandai store is treated as a fraudulent company? I tried to pre-order the tales of Symphonia special edition & my bank card would not except the transaction, but the transaction went through on a preapproval with my credit card.

but when Namco charged my credit card tonight, my credit card denied it asking if it was a actual charge. Now I can’t log into the Namco Bandai ID bullshit system to confirm my info for the pre-order.
It’s probably related to their customer service and chargeback requests. I had a cd arrive with the case completely crushed, just asking to send in for a replacement has been so weird. It’s been about two months of them replying once a week “thanks for your patience, still researching, we are replying so this ticket does not automatically close.” So, they are trying, I guess, but I could see many just doing a chargeback at this point.

Anyone looking at Hogwarts be aware last gen versions ship in April.  It's PC, Series, and PS5 this week.  I remembered that seens BB had PS4 back in stock.  I expect to see those versions popping up in stock before they release with people finding out they have to wait 2 more months.

I don't think they were able to mass produce the hogwarts CE because of the floating wand aspect. We'll see in the next few days but its not a simple statue or some plastic item these CEs usually come with. 

I haven't been charged for Tales on the NB Store yet. It just says "awaiting payment." Anyone else not get charged yet?

Also, Amazon has been really weird with pre-orders lately. It seems like every single pre-order I have from them over the last 2 months, I get an updated delivery date anywhere from 4 days to several weeks after the release date. Every game.

I'm not sure what's going on with them lately. I started cancelling and just going to Best Buy.

I haven't been charged for Tales on the NB Store yet. It just says "awaiting payment." Anyone else not get charged yet?

Also, Amazon has been really weird with pre-orders lately. It seems like every single pre-order I have from them over the last 2 months, I get an updated delivery date anywhere from 4 days to several weeks after the release date. Every game.

I'm not sure what's going on with them lately. I started cancelling and just going to Best Buy.
I got charged fine but the email I received from Namco basically just says "thanks for placing your order" even though I ordered months ago. The email doesn't say anything charging me/payment.

No charge or update for tales. I did get charged for the Atomic Heart CE on the focus entertainment site.

It looks like WB packaged Hogwarts really well and Best Buy took one of the two in the box out and added bubbles for my packaging.

I couldn't cancel gamestop, so I'll have to return it in person this weekend or next, but it had 2 foam pads also.

QwlZwje.jpg

86 on Metacritic. Whoops, who knew making bold predictions on little to no data points frequently led to inaccurate conclusions?
How does the metrics on the game…. Which I openly said I’m buying the deluxe… have any baring on the fact I believe this crap tastic quality collectors edition will plummet in price?

How does the metrics on the game…. Which I openly said I’m buying the deluxe… have any baring on the fact I believe this crap tastic quality collectors edition will plummet in price?
Because this CE was selling for over $400 on eBay, which you could’ve easily looked up as a data point before making asinine predictions (but that’s not your style), before it was positively reviewed. In your universe, do sold out CEs of well-reviewed games, from a franchise that’s worth $25B, plummet in price? Good luck in life, you’re going to need it.

The futurepak with the game does look nice other than the spine. I found it odd the CE has no seals and the ce dlc flies around loose in the box. I almost didnt see it stuck to the bottom.

Because this CE was selling for over $400 on eBay, which you could’ve easily looked up as a data point before making asinine predictions (but that’s not your style), before it was positively reviewed. In your universe, do sold out CEs of well-reviewed games, from a franchise that’s worth $25B, plummet in price? Good luck in life, you’re going to need it.
Right. As most collector editions do prior to release and shortly around. Gotta love scalper build up. You are trying so hard to assert yourself it’s kinda funny. I fully believe that junk will be $100 one day. Not sure what luck imma need? And or why. I don’t want that junk. If I did I would have bought it already since it keeps popping in and out of stock.

The futurepak with the game does look nice other than the spine. I found it odd the CE has no seals and the ce dlc flies around loose in the box. I almost didnt see it stuck to the bottom.
Prob because they mass produced everything for the CE and then stick in the game discs and slips...

Actually, this is supposed to come with an actual disc right? Not a "digital" copy?

Prob because they mass produced everything for the CE and then stick in the game discs and slips...

Actually, this is supposed to come with an actual disc right? Not a "digital" copy?
It's the deluxe disc version. There is some CE specific DLC that was just loose in the box.

Right. As most collector editions do prior to release and shortly around. Gotta love scalper build up. You are trying so hard to assert yourself it’s kinda funny. I fully believe that junk will be $100 one day. Not sure what luck imma need? And or why. I don’t want that junk. If I did I would have bought it already since it keeps popping in and out of stock.
I just received an email from Best Buy regarding fulfillment issues with my order. "Your item is currently unavailable"......hmmmmm

This concludes my once a year conversation with someone in the lowest US tax bracket. Let us know where you believe JFK Jr will show up next too.

The Like a Dragon steelbook at BB went from "not available for purchase" to the yellow pre-order button being active, but it still won't let me add it to my cart. It just says sorry, this item is unavailable when I hit pre-order.

The Like a Dragon steelbook at BB went from "not available for purchase" to the yellow pre-order button being active, but it still won't let me add it to my cart. It just says sorry, this item is unavailable when I hit pre-order.
Hoping it’s gonna be available with steelbook for a long time just like Yakuza 7. I don’t even think the spine has a title on it

It's the digital disc version. There is some CE specific DLC that was just loose in the box.
Bah... I should have know. Need to stop assuming CEs come with discs...

Like a Dragon? That game (and steelbook) came out years ago... why would that show up for pre-order?

This concludes my once a year conversation with someone in the lowest US tax bracket. Let us know where you believe JFK Jr will show up next too.
Lowest tax bracket? Lmao. Pissoff man. I can almost guarantee my w2 reads a higher number than yours. If yours was not at least 6digits piss off. PS im prepared to show mine (with black marks obviously) you damn basement dweller.

Bah... I should have know. Need to stop assuming CEs come with discs...

Like a Dragon? That game (and steelbook) came out years ago... why would that show up for pre-order?
Sorry. I meant deluxe disc. I was tired yesterday and didnt notice :p

Lowest tax bracket? Lmao. Pissoff man. I can almost guarantee my w2 reads a higher number than yours. If yours was not at least 6digits piss off. PS im prepared to show mine (with black marks obviously) you damn basement dweller.
Let’s all keep in mind this is an argument between two grown high earning men about the expected rarity of a Harry Potter video game that comes with a floating magic wand.

Hahaha, I didn’t expect that guy to offer to show his W-2. That is too funny and also a window into the level of insecurity. It’s really too bad there aren’t “one-click” options online where you can set up legally-enforceable bets. I would so do it to make some easy money but this guy would wiggle out of anything that wasn’t instant. When anyone even hints that six figures is somehow a lot of money in 2023, you know the earnings ceiling isn’t too high.

Hahaha, I didn’t expect that guy to offer to show his W-2. That is too funny and also a window into the level of insecurity. It’s really too bad there aren’t “one-click” options online where you can set up legally-enforceable bets. I would so do it to make some easy money but this guy would wiggle out of anything that wasn’t instant. When anyone even hints that six figures is somehow a lot of money in 2023, you know they come from poverty.
Umm, yeah. That'll happen when you make a super abrasive and aggressive post in response to someone.

^Exhibit 1 for the Dunning-Kruger effect. Harry Potter’s fanbase skews heavily towards women and we know most people here don’t know any women lol.
86 on Metacritic. Whoops, who knew making bold predictions on little to no data points frequently led to inaccurate conclusions?
Nvm...actually preceding that you made 3 other subsequent ones. unprovoked, and for no reason.

wtg dickhead.

You should examine the definitions for “unprovoked” and “no reason” and see if you have the self-awareness to tie it back your own actions lol. If you make illogical statements brimming with asinine confidence, don’t expect people to treat you with kid gloves on.

bread's done
Back