2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has been a disaster lately with pre-orders. I cancelled most of mine and moved them over to Best Buy. Every single game I had pre-ordered that comes out in February had my delivery date anywhere from 4 days after release, to 4 weeks after. I'm tired of their BS. It's been that way all year.

Anyone else having issues with the Tales of Symphonia Gifted or whatever edition? After my payment was denied by my CC thinking it was fraud, it took me 3 days to get back into the website and I placed a new order on Feb. 8, but my card still hasn't been charged and it looks like I'm not getting the game at least at launch.

Also those interested in the physical Legendary Edition of Midnight Suns might want to think about an order soon. Best Buy is the only retailer left that has sealed copies. Amazon is sold out on both platforms, and all GameStop has left is random store's probably gutted copies.

As of typing this it's on sale at BB for $70, $30 off MSRP. Legendary Edition has the season pass code that gets you all gameplay and cosmetic DLC, and a slip cover and cover art that are unique.

Anyone else having issues with the Tales of Symphonia Gifted or whatever edition? After my payment was denied by my CC thinking it was fraud, it took me 3 days to get back into the website and I placed a new order on Feb. 8, but my card still hasn't been charged and it looks like I'm not getting the game at least at launch.
Mine says shipped.

My Legendary Midnight Suns didn't have a slip cover. Just different box art.

Mine says shipped.

My Legendary Midnight Suns didn't have a slip cover. Just different box art.
It should of had a slip cover with the same alternate cover art. Did you buy it new or was it a GameStop gut? Or is the XBox version the only one with a slip cover?

So apparently the tears of the kingdom CE went up on Amazon Mexico. So that's another site that went up. So far Amazon us and italy didnt go live yet.

So apparently the tears of the kingdom CE went up on Amazon Mexico. So that's another site that went up. So far Amazon us and italy didnt go live yet.
When it goes up on amazon, it will be under some cryptic name like "nintendo game 34 for boys and girls CE" that everyone will think is some scam. Reality probably is some inventory manager puts it up in a way they can tip off their friends first. ;)

When it goes up on amazon, it will be under some cryptic name like "nintendo game 34 for boys and girls CE" that everyone will think is some scam. Reality probably is some inventory manager puts it up in a way they can tip off their friends first. ;)
Ha - exactly this! For every drop, I have had product searches "queued up" on various sites in the hopes that I could easily hit the search button to check for it. Several retailers seemed to have added the product page without a way to find it through their search bar, and you need a direct link. How do people even find these links in the first place, other than getting them from Twitter and/or this thread? It's like they want the bots to get all the inventory.

Yes, and the Symphonia PS3 port also included the sequel (Dawn of the New World). Symphonia's also regularly $5 on Steam.

I wish they would've given us any of the older games that are expensive physically and not available digitally (Phantasia, Destiny), or localized some of the as-of-yet unlocalized titles (Innocence, Rebirth) but instead we got a half-assed port of one of the more available titles in the series. And that's probably all we'll get for Tales until 2025 or so. It's pretty in-line with how Bamco generally treats Tales, but it's still disappointing to me since it's my favorite franchise.

At least it isn't another gacha that would get shut down in a year, I guess?

Welp, Tales of Symphonia Remastered is getting destroyed by reviewers- seems like it wasn't much of a remaster at all.
The metal pak version was delivered today. It's a retail game and the other goodies are all in one plastic bag. I ordered the Hootle plush with it and it worked really well as padding. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

Welp, Tales of Symphonia Remastered is getting destroyed by reviewers- seems like it wasn't much of a remaster at all.
I also read some funky stuff with tales of symphonia; something about how the original GameCube source code is lost and all the remasters (ps3, steam, this new version) are built off of the ps2 (Japan only) version, which ran at 30fps and had other downsides to the GameCube version.

I also read some funky stuff with tales of symphonia; something about how the original GameCube source code is lost and all the remasters (ps3, steam, this new version) are built off of the ps2 (Japan only) version, which ran at 30fps and had other downsides to the GameCube version.
yeah i heard that too but how does a whole company lose the code??? You would think the company would have some kind of backup database(offline preferably) where they store all of their previous game code(old ones, not current because that is stored on github or some other repo)

Its not like they got hacked like Capcom and things were stolen. That to me sounds like the company is incompetent in securing their work.

yeah i heard that too but how does a whole company lose the code??? You would think the company would have some kind of backup database(offline preferably) where they store all of their previous game code(old ones, not current because that is stored on github or some other repo)

Its not like they got hacked like Capcom and things were stolen. That to me sounds like the company is incompetent in securing their work.
I did not know that about ToS but I remember SE lost the original source code for FFVIII. It might not seem like it's possible but I'm sure there are tons of games wherein the original source code is gone.

Lol, you people make code sound like it’s the secret formula for coke or something. Code is modified all the time and unless a company has perfect versioning, it becomes more difficult to revert the more changes are made to it especially if the devs were lax in their documentation which these companies in the 90s and the early 2000s undoubtedly were. It’s a small wonder all this talk of “lost” source code occurred for games made more than 20 years ago when tools like Git were not widely available or adopted. You also can’t just take old code, even if you have it in its unvarnished state, and expect to build on it if there’s been a 20 year evolution in programming tools. Old ass code might not even compile without serious effort lol.

I did not know that about ToS but I remember SE lost the original source code for FFVIII. It might not seem like it's possible but I'm sure there are tons of games wherein the original source code is gone.
I believe one of the most famous recent games is the original bioshock. Same thing source code was lost.

I believe it’s because back then in the 90s / noughties, it was not common to keep repos around; most software tools were on premise and once a game shipped, it shipped so there was never a thought to “keep the code around” for future ports / remasters. Hell most builds were even just burned to discs and that’s how we even have a lot of early builds.

Lol, you people make code sound like it’s the secret formula for coke or something. Code is modified all the time and unless a company has perfect versioning, it becomes more difficult to revert the more changes are made to it especially if the devs were lax in their documentation which these companies in the 90s and the early 2000s undoubtedly were. It’s a small wonder all this talk of “lost” source code occurred for games made more than 20 years ago when tools like Git were not widely available or adopted. You also can’t just take old code, even if you have it in its unvarnished state, and expect to build on it if there’s been a 20 year evolution in programming tools. Old ass code might not even compile without serious effort lol.
Lol this is a better explanation than mine. Just saw it.

Not really a CE and I think it was mentioned before but Prime Remastered physical is sold out at post places. I'm sure it's prob a temp sell out/I'm sure they'll make more.

As much as I hate how publishers are milking the fuck out rereleases, it seems like Nintendo put in a lot of effort into this one (unlike Mario 3D All-Stars and Skyward Sword) and the original Prime is still tied as the best Metroid game to me next to Super Metroid. Hopeful for the Baten Kaitos remaster but after ToS Remaster, guessing Namco is gonna no-ass that one too. 

Is there a listing for JUST the Octopath Traveler steelbook at BB?

Is that bonus new??  I have two orders at EU Amazons bc I thought that was the only way to get Switch and PS5 steelbooks, but apparently not. 

Is there a listing for JUST the Octopath Traveler steelbook at BB?

Is that bonus new?? I have two orders at EU Amazons bc I thought that was the only way to get Switch and PS5 steelbooks, but apparently not.
That bonus has been there awhile. There is a separate listing but as of now you can't get just it. Better to buy the game, return the game and pay the 10 bucks for the steelbook.

I've seen posts saying at the Atomic Heart LE has a dealyed art book and it won't ship on time.  I just got an email saying my art book has shipped.  It looks to be in 3 parts.

Atomic Heart Shipping 1
Atomic Heart - Artbook Shipping 1
Atomic Heart - Steelbook+MetalPlate Shipping 1

So my limited edition for Tales still hasn’t shipped and customer service can’t tell me why. I have literally a 10 response email chain with them with no resolution.

So my limited edition for Tales still hasn’t shipped and customer service can’t tell me why. I have literally a 10 response email chain with them with no resolution.
I had a issue with them on a returned item and it took them 10 months to get me to someone who could issue a refund.

Yup, buckle up. You are not going to learn a thing in the timeframe it would matter. You’ll either get the item or not. And if not, prepare for months of helpful weekly “we are still researching” updates. They may not deny your claim, but whatever goes on there it takes months for them to find anyone to complete a 10 second resolution.

Maybe try ordering again and use a different card?
I only have two cards; & my bank card refuses to do the transaction because my bank thinks it’s a scam site. My original months old pre-order got denied because my GM credit card thought it was a scam, I confirmed with them it was a legit site, and it took me three days of a different back-and-forth with Namco Bandai that they didn’t even solve for me to get back into my account and by that time the original pre-order canceled, and I had to place a new one.

I only have two cards; & my bank card refuses to do the transaction because my bank thinks it’s a scam site. My original months old pre-order got denied because my GM credit card thought it was a scam, I confirmed with them it was a legit site, and it took me three days of a different back-and-forth with Namco Bandai that they didn’t even solve for me to get back into my account and by that time the original pre-order canceled, and I had to place a new one.
Maybe Venmo a friend or relative the money and see if they'll buy it for you?

LMAO
that sounds about right
Legit the transaction would not go through at all on my bank card & when the preorder shipping charge tried to go through on the 5th my GM card blocked it sending me a text about fraudulent charge.

Had no issue with the old Namco Bandai site, this was my first attempt with the new one.

That is just dope as hell... Had no idea that existed. Where'd you get it from? I'd look it up but I have no idea what it is outside of Mother 2/EB.
Yeah, keep an eye on that link that blueweltal posted. They’re not cheap either, $110 shipped to the USA. It’s all official merch, they have other stuff I’m sure you’ll like.

bread's done
Back