2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen posts saying at the Atomic Heart LE has a dealyed art book and it won't ship on time. I just got an email saying my art book has shipped. It looks to be in 3 parts.

Atomic Heart Shipping 1
Atomic Heart - Artbook Shipping 1
Atomic Heart - Steelbook+MetalPlate Shipping 1
Same. Don’t think it’ll arrive by release day but pretty close

https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-i-vi-pixel-remaster-collection-english/13/70g0qn
Play-asia has the Final fantasy pixel remaster version Asia version
For those who are unsure, we can at least be 99% certain that this will have English on the cartridge (as per the title on Play Asia). Unsure if the box art will be in English or another language, or what the rating logo will be (most certainly not ESRB at least).

I picked up the Squeenix one when it originally went live, but if this has English on the box art, I might be tempted to cancel the Square on and get it through Play-Asia (with discount code + another game/art book to get free shipping)

For those who are unsure, we can at least assume that this will have English on the cartridge (as per the title). Unsure if the box art will be in English or another language, or what the rating logo will be (most certainly not ESRB at least).

I picked up the Squeenix one when it originally went love, but if this has English on the box art too, I might be tempted to cancel the Square on and get it through Play-Asia (with discount code + another game/art book to get free shipping)
You can see the other items in the search:

https://www.play-asia.com/search/final+fantasy+pixel+remaster#fc=prc:1.0000000000

yea these are the Asia-English versions.

Also how cool is it that we are mostly Region-Free these days?? would have blown my little 12yo mind back in the day.

Atomic heart limited edition arrived
b2fcd6a30f15cd97a90d67049639b407.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Symphonia bundle today. It was just the metal case and game separate in a bubble mailer. Metal case has a plastic sleeve on it.

Got my Symphonia bundle today. It was just the metal case and game separate in a bubble mailer. Metal case has a plastic sleeve on it.
Received mine as well. Hate that they didn't use a box but luckily it was packed in a way where the game was on one side and the extra... booklet or whatever wrapped together with the metal case was on the otherside so the case was sandwiched on some protection on both sides.

Also got my Ishin steelbook from GS... again, I'll never understand why GS steelbooks are not individually wrapped like most of BB's are. Luckily, almost no real damage.

Lucky. At least ya'll got your Ishin steelbooks from GS. My in-store pre-order for Ishin didn't come with the steelbook (more like that store didn't even receive them with the 10 copies of the games they received), so I just canceled the pre-order.

Really regret not getting this. Now it seems it's sold out. Hopefully they'll restock.
I'm an idiot, I had the EU version bookmarked and that's why I was hesitant, I thought it was an EU exclusive. Never knew there was an NA version. I do hope they restock.

As an aside, seems my Like a Dragon steelbook from BB has an estimated date of March 1st so they're late shipping them out.

I'm an idiot, I had the EU version bookmarked and that's why I was hesitant, I thought it was an EU exclusive. Never knew there was an NA version. I do hope they restock.

As an aside, seems my Like a Dragon steelbook from BB has an estimated date of March 1st so they're late shipping them out.
My BB Ishin steelbook says Friday delivery.

Was at Best Buy a few mins ago. Saw Octopath Traveler 2 steelbook on the shelf behind the cashier. Asked the cashier if I could buy one, she scanned it and said it's not for sale, but a bonus for purchasing the game.

Not that I've seen. Atomic Heart LE was in stock last week even. Reviews must have got people to buy it. The recent Plague Tale CE sold out really fast and never came back.
Meta of 72 for PS5/77 for PC seems pretty meh? I get people don't trust major reviewers for X or Y reason, but I can't imagine social media reviewers are giving it much better scores...

Ishin steelbook and Metroid Prime from BB are out for delivery today.

The art book for Atomic Heart is massive compared to most LE art books.

Mine still says "We'll ship it yesterday". Best buy has been so bad about actually shipping these things the past few orders I've made with them it's really frustrating
Same, they have yet to ship mine and the game itself is two days late. Went ahead and got it at Walmart on release day and will be returning the game at Best Buy

My Octopath game and Like a Dragon steelbook shipped. Not Octopath steelbook yet, but my BB order says set to arrive tomorrow. I actually forgot I had two Octopath orders, forgot to cancel one. Will end up returning the other at some point.

Was able to keep my Ishin steelbook after returning my copy of the game (Had my Gamestop order arrive in excellent condition).  So I lucked out and have 2 steelbooks now I guess?

Octopatch game + steelbook have also shipped and should hopefully arrive tmrw.  Thank goodness BBY picked it up so I didn't have to go through Amazon Germany again (I had to do that for Diofield and Tactics Ogre steelbooks)

Got my Octopath and steelbook today. Steelbook was shipped in a bubble mailer but it arrived ok. Game in a glue envelope. I have another pair arriving tomorrow that I'm going to return.

lol so I bought both PS5 and Switch Octopath 2 from BestBuy.

UPS brought PS5 game and Switch steelbook.  FedEx brought Switch game and PS5 steelbook. Maybe that makes sense in some alternate dimension.

lol so I bought both PS5 and Switch Octopath 2 from BestBuy.

UPS brought PS5 game and Switch steelbook. FedEx brought Switch game and PS5 steelbook. Maybe that makes sense in some alternate dimension.
I only got the Switch version but Fed Ex delivered the game and UPS delivered the steelbook about 3 hours later.

Lucky. At least ya'll got your Ishin steelbooks from GS. My in-store pre-order for Ishin didn't come with the steelbook (more like that store didn't even receive them with the 10 copies of the games they received), so I just canceled the pre-order.
The store I shop at got 2 Steelbooks for the 3 preorders of the game they had. I'm one of the best customers so that was one for me (the lone XBox preorder) and one for one of the 2 PS5 preorders.

bread's done
Back