2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I was, thank you. Is it worth getting the CE on Nayuta?
It's a pretty light CE. We all value stuff differently, but I'd speculate it's probably not for most people. The trails games are my favorite games currently being made, and I'm still undecided on the Nayuta CE. Doesn't help that the NISA store recently nosedived well below Gamestop website quality.

Got email to reactivate account from nisa, my preorders are not on my accounts, iffy about points balance since Im not sure they tabulated right

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Got email to reactivate account from nisa, my preorders are not on my accounts, iffy about points balance since Im not sure they tabulated right

Got this message via email after activating my account. I got a confirmation for Trails in advance, but not Disgaea 7.

"You might have noticed that your Preorders are not showing up just yet in your account, and that's expected, dood! We will resume sending out preorder confirmations in July. Confirm your preorder through that email and your order will appear in your account! Please be sure to check our Blog for updates on the progress of our Preorder Confirmation emails."

Points might just be lost to the void. I can't see where they're supposed to be represented in my account.

I used $16 worth of points on a preorder, new invoice didnt reflect that, point balance on the account also didn't shows it returned to my account

i just got an email about reactivating my account, but i forgot my password, so I clicked "Forgot Password" and it tells me my email does not exist!!!

LMAO i dont know what to do. Whether to create a new account or get support. I dont have any preorders and i dont think i have any points since i havent ordered from them in ages

I'm waiting on NISA to get their fuck together before giving them any money. If I miss out on any of the LEs I preordered, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I wonder whose bright idea it was to do a major overhaul of their site 1) Without informing their customers about it beforehand even though it broke accounts and preorders, 2) Right before opening preorders for the next entry in probably their biggest series, and 3) Right before anime convention season starts. Whoever it was is an absolute genius.
^ this

When I made a "new" account on NISA it just had all of my old orders there including the guest chestout one I had for Fate. Only active preorders are still unavailable since they have been slowly sending people emails to pay for them again (I assume they want to finish Reverie before worrying about Nayuta/other games

When I made a "new" account on NISA it just had all of my old orders there including the guest chestout one I had for Fate. Only active preorders are still unavailable since they have been slowly sending people emails to pay for them again (I assume they want to finish Reverie before worrying about Nayuta/other games
You are probably right about fixing Reverie first. They were supposed to have a launch stream today but they announced on Twitter they are delaying it in order to focus on getting the remaining orders shipped out.

Now I am pretty sure their livestream crew isn't involved in warehouse/shipping at all, so they are most likely in full damage control mode over there.

To be honest I am really not sure why they decided to change their site (especially at this point in time). The old one had the inventory tracker (plus they didn't charge up front), and the layout was generally pleasing to look at.

You are probably right about fixing Reverie first. They were supposed to have a launch stream today but they announced on Twitter they are delaying it in order to focus on getting the remaining orders shipped out.
Now I am pretty sure their livestream crew isn't involved in warehouse/shipping at all, so they are most likely in full damage control mode over there.
To be honest I am really not sure why they decided to change their site (especially at this point in time). The old one had the inventory tracker (plus they didn't charge up front), and the layout was generally pleasing to look at.
I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or not, but Square Enix, NISA, and Iffy’s Online Store (Neptunia fame) have been transitioning their online storefront all around the same time. The former two have been shitshows so far, and I can’t comment on how Iffy’s has gone as I don’t have an active preorder with them. The only silver lining I’ve seen is that SE’s shipping costs have been cheaper since the change.

I also got the NISA migration email and was able to get everything switched over. Similar to everyone’s experiences, I originally got invoice emails for Reverie, Azure, and Ryza 3, but only continued payment for Reverie (latter two were already received). My order history is missing all my active preorders, but fortunately my total rewards points have been preserved correctly, though I haven’t used any rewards points for any of the preorders.

On the Square Enix front, my account is still missing my previous order history and rewards points.

I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or not, but Square Enix, NISA, and Iffy’s Online Store (Neptunia fame) have been transitioning their online storefront all around the same time. The former two have been shitshows so far, and I can’t comment on how Iffy’s has gone as I don’t have an active preorder with them. The only silver lining I’ve seen is that SE’s shipping costs have been cheaper since the change.

I also got the NISA migration email and was able to get everything switched over. Similar to everyone’s experiences, I originally got invoice emails for Reverie, Azure, and Ryza 3, but only continued payment for Reverie (latter two were already received). My order history is missing all my active preorders, but fortunately my total rewards points have been preserved correctly, though I haven’t used any rewards points for any of the preorders.

On the Square Enix front, my account is still missing my previous order history and rewards points.
I logged into Square's new store yesterday for the first time since the changeover. I also have no order history/reward points. Which sucks too, because I actually had built up quite a bit over the last 15 years. The only saving grace is most of their current Reward items are dogshit.

Bandai Namco was a shitshow also. My debit card and my credit card both refused the website thinking it was fradulant, and I almost lost my preorder of the Tales of Symphonia HD special edition. On my 3rd attempt ordering it, it arrived with a slightly bent Metalpak and I was busy and didn't have time to contact them for a replacement.

Also I had ordered a Tales of Arise T-shirt with my reward points before the old site shut down and I think that order was just lost as I never got the T-shirt.

I wonder if the newer sites are simply more mobile friendly... I remember trying to pre-order Pixel Remasters from my phone at work and their mobile site was awful. The new version seems less awful. Can't say I ever used Namco or NISA on mobile though.

Not sure how you all managed to get the preorder bonus content for FFXVI from Best Buy. I tried chat and they said only the first X amount of people got it. I then tried Best Buy support twitter and they said they would issue me one (twice) and just never got one. Did people get the code sent to their email or did they PM it to you on twitter?

Not sure how you all managed to get the preorder bonus content for FFXVI from Best Buy. I tried chat and they said only the first X amount of people got it. I then tried Best Buy support twitter and they said they would issue me one (twice) and just never got one. Did people get the code sent to their email or did they PM it to you on twitter?
They both sent out an email and private message me on Twitter

Still need one? You can have mine.

Meanwhile Target sent me a code despite me having canceled my preorder. Already redeemed for future use though.

For those that pre-ordered the The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, The Complete Official Guide Collector's Edition, its available at Gamestop now. I'd prefer to use Gamestop trade-credit + no tax vs Amazon balance. I was able to price match + cancel my amazon pre-order without issue - (YMMV... my pre-order was going to arrive Friday because I'm still to cheap for prime  :oldman: )

aGsoj1R.png

No, I got it on Monday
I am a little concerned about my Rain Code CE from Amazon. Was supposed to arrive on the 4th, it hasn't shipped yet and is supposedly getting to me on Tuesday. Does anyone else have the same situation going in with theirs (from Amazon)?

Still need one? You can have mine.
Hey thanks so much for the offer, I actually didn’t want to take it in case they finally did send it to me, and hey, they finally did! It took them 3 weeks since I first requested it, which is in stark contrast to some of the others here who got the code in an hour after messaging them on twitter. No idea why it took so long, but I’m all set finally.

"Thank you for your message. I am happy to help!

Your item is still currently held under preorder until July 21st, 2023. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the reward points not transferring to the order. We encourage you to pay for the order now, and when that is done we can refund the amount equal to the reward points you used.

This can be fulfilled any time between now and July 21st, 2023.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.

Best wishes,

Support Prinny"

Well just got trials of azure cancelled, “they did not have enough stock to fulfill my order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone ever get an email for The Legend of Nayuta from NISA? I never got one and it's not in my order history on the new site.

I still have the pre-order email though, so I know I pre-ordered it.

Well just got trials of azure cancelled, “they did not have enough stock to fulfill my order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Azure came out in back in March or April, pretty sure they sold out long before the new website launch. I got an email about making another order for it even though my order was already fulfilled.

Did anyone ever get an email for The Legend of Nayuta from NISA? I never got one and it's not in my order history on the new site.

I still have the pre-order email though, so I know I pre-ordered it.
I don't believe those have been sent out yet. It's still available (~50%) to pre-order, so I'm not too concerned yet

Looks like Castlevania Advance Collection from LRG is just a standard edition copy. Switch version has 4 different cover arts to choose from and there is an XBox version for the first time but just $40 copies no deluxe or collector's editions.

Looks like Castlevania Advance Collection from LRG is just a standard edition copy. Switch version has 4 different cover arts to choose from and there is an XBox version for the first time but just $40 copies no deluxe or collector's editions.
I'm curious if there's more money to be made this way... cheaper to press 4 variants of a game/case/manual (with the only change being the case insert) vs designing, negotiating, producing, shipping, building, etc all the various components of a CE? I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who buy a copy of each variant.

Has anyone received their Rain Code Limited Edition from Amazon yet?  Mine says it is arriving tmrw (After being delayed from 2 weeks ago) and hasn't even been marked as shipped yet so I'm not optimistic. 

I placed this order last September and am starting to get AI Somnium Files CE flashbacks, except there isn't anywhere near as much talk about that online (At least to get reprints and whatnot).

Any idea when LRG is supposed to put up the Sea of Stars CEs? I assume they are because the backer site said on there it was to be sold by LRG or something or other.

Paid my NISA order and shot em an email to be refunded (reward points discount not included in the new invoice) yesterday, they already refunded me. Glad it wasnt taking as long as they responding to the initial email

Paid my NISA order and shot em an email to be refunded (reward points discount not included in the new invoice) yesterday, they already refunded me. Glad it wasnt taking as long as they responding to the initial email

I can't get them to respond as to what happened to my Ryza 3 preorder... I can't complete check out with the email they previously sent.

Edit* did you use the contact form on their website or just send them an email?

EDIT* well nevermind, they responded... this order was already fulfilled. I can't keep track of this shit anymore.

Who here is going to keep their Starfield CE pre-order?

I usually like to get CEs of games I'm really interested in, but there's a separate steelbook version and I really don't care about the case or watch that much. And it doesn't even have a physical copy of the game.

Just getting the premium steelbook version, it's $300 after taxes basically cheaper than the CE.

I don't have an Xbox right now.  But I'm thinking of buying just the Starfield controller.  It looks pretty sweet. 

The good looking LE hardware, and in-demand designs always have good resale value if you ever change your mind.  I still want a 20th anni PS4 badly....got a matching controller and headset NiB. 

I'm just here waiting for Sony to release the PS5 slim... I've had mine for 2 yrs now and I still cannot get over what a fattie this thing is. 

My damaged copy of FF16 deluxe was ordered a replacement in store and it was backordered.  I didn't have a chance to drive an hour to just pickup a game and it was stuck on refunding for over a week.  Chat fixed it in 5 minutes.  The steelbook in person wasn't very impressive.  I liked the pre-order one much better.  I've got enough going on and won't order the deluxe again.

I need to decide if I just want a BB steelbook or CE for Lords of the Fallen and MK1.

The Avatar game has a gold steelbook at Gamestop and this might be how it looks which is different from the CE

[attachment=38065:avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-steelbook-796x1024.jpg]

Is anyone else getting a lot of stuff from BB with spine cuts? I just realized that my FFXVI steelbook has a spine cut... this is after my Crisis Core PS4/5 steelbook also had spine cuts and at least 4-5 NS games had spine cuts. 

Is anyone else getting a lot of stuff from BB with spine cuts? I just realized that my FFXVI steelbook has a spine cut... this is after my Crisis Core PS4/5 steelbook also had spine cuts and at least 4-5 NS games had spine cuts.
It's happened to me too on a couple. My FFXVI steelbook has a spine slash as well. I'm not sure how I'm going to get another one since you can't look it up on the BB site. Tactics Ogre also arrived with a spine slash, but I was able to get another one from Europe.

Not specifically spine cuts, but whenever I receive a package from BestBuy there's usually some kind of scratching or damage. They're the only retailer I consistently get damaged stuff from.

bread's done
Back