2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/08/23/playstations-first-remote-play-dedicated-device-playstation-portal-remote-player-to-launch-later-this-year-at-199-99/

Playstation Portal comes out later this year. $200. Can't be used with PS+ cloud streaming titles (like PS3 games).

Also a couple new headphones: Pulse Elite headset for $150 and Pulse Explore earbuds for $200

5e8509d3e2d54b4004ca28d9bc004387ce0d8061.jpg

I legit do not get why Sony is making the Portal... it seems like such a niche market but I guess, it's possible there's some demand for it since younger generation watch things on their phones and therefore, there might not be as many TVs in households these days? 

I mostly play on my Steamdeck while sitting on the couch streaming shows with my wife and kids. So the Portal might be useful for me. I think it's still a stretch because you have to rely on decent internet bandwidth, which is unlikely in a house with multiple kids

Apparently it doesn't support Bluetooth. Have to use proprietary PlayStation Link compatible headphones if you want to go wireless.

So many strange decisions on this one...

Persona 3 is on Gamestop, but when I try to place an order I get:

"We're sorry that your order could not be placed. This probably happened due to a high order volume or temporary connection errors. Please wait a few minutes and resubmit your order. We won't process your payment until you successfully place your order. If you have further questions, please contact us."

Anyone ever get this error?

Persona 3 is on Gamestop, but when I try to place an order I get:

"We're sorry that your order could not be placed. This probably happened due to a high order volume or temporary connection errors. Please wait a few minutes and resubmit your order. We won't process your payment until you successfully place your order. If you have further questions, please contact us."

Anyone ever get this error?
Was able to place order for PS5 version just now.

I'm debating on this... can't tell if it's a decent value CE or not since there's no details at the statue or the artbook.

I called Gamestop support and they said there's no blocks on my account. Weird. Not sure what's going on.

Googling though, everyone seems to say this error means your account was banned. Does anyone know what could get it flagged?

I returned a few items, but not many. Like 3 games in 1-2 years.

Sadly looks like atlus finally caught on to the whole overcharging for CEs fad. Past persona CEs were probably the best bang for your buck.

I bought it because persona is one of my fav franchises.

I'm debating on this... can't tell if it's a decent value CE or not since there's no details at the statue or the artbook.
JP version has some details and it definitely doesn't worth $200 to me.

64 pages hardcover artbook

And for the statue

H170 ×W105 ×D115 mm <---almost 7 inches including base
Materials: ATBC-PVC for aigis and ABS for the base

product_aegis_figure_f223a506fb5755712541a6568289c26e.png

It doesn't seem great to me (and the statue doesn't look very good imo), but I've bought every other Persona CE so I'll probably end up getting this one just because.

I believe the Japanese listing had the artbook at 64 pages, so I'd presume that'd be the size of it everywhere else too.

Personally I like the armband in the Japanese release more than the statue, but I'm definitely not double dipping on this one

It's a few US$ more and it charges when you place the order, but VGP in Canada is taking preorders and it's free shipping.
I was able to place an order on the app, but not the site for some reason. I was more concerned about future releases than this one though. If my account got banned for some reason I'd want it straightened out before a Gamestop exclusive CE went up and I couldn't order it.

JP version has some details and it definitely doesn't worth $200 to me.

64 pages hardcover artbook

And for the statue
H170 ×W105 ×D115 mm <---almost 7 inches including base
Materials: ATBC-PVC for aigis and ABS for the base
Oh... Wow, that's terrible.

I get that statues (or anything) aren't cheap anymore but $200 for that is crazy. And 64 pages for an art book is pretty sad.

That is it. Growing up my sister and I both had TVs in our rooms. My kids just have tablets.
You know, the more I think about it... I could see myself using this. Having football on my TV and then playing PS5 games on this. Or like, using this to play PS5 games while sitting on my balcony.

You know, the more I think about it... I could see myself using this. Having football on my TV and then playing PS5 games on this. Or like, using this to play PS5 games while sitting on my balcony.
I would highly recommend just getting another TV. I have been doing a 2 TV setup for things like this for years. Even if it's just a cheap $200 Vizio to watch football/other shows on.

I think the Portal is fine, it's got a niche use case. But I put it in the same quadrant as stuff like the Analogue Pocket, personally. I'd get some use out of it but not enough use to justify the pricepoint. I have a Backbone already and a bigger screen would be nice but not $200 nice.

Holy crap, all the failed order attempts at Gamestop just went through today. I have 10 new orders in my order history. My god that website is an abomination.

What's your setup like? Having 2 has to take up a lot of space.
I have (3) 55" 4K TV's all mounted beside each other. Also 2 laptops with 27" monitors connected. My setup is way above average now, but I started with (2) 55" 1080p TV's side by side over 10 years ago. Never regretted it once. I was able to play games and watch football at the same time.

Dont forget tax free over in canada, tax is like another 10-20 bucks

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
For the curious, Ordering the Persona 3 Reload CE from Amazon is $216 after tax (Assuming Prime so free shipping).

VGP is currently sold out, but it's looking like current conversion rates put there price at roughly $205 (Free shipping and tax-free).

My AC6 Premium Edition came in... box is MASSIVE, inside are two smaller boxes with the actual CE and the premium edition garage I'm guessing. Haven't checked anything but I really regret buying this given how massive it is. 

Got both my Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Collection Limited Edition and my Xenoblade OST Trinity Box Collection in the mail today.  No damage to either of them as they were packed very snugly with plenty of paper.

The Rhapsody LE is actually a bit larger than the usual NIS America CEs, maybe 10-20% larger than the recent Trails Limited Editions.

The Trinity Box Collection is understandably massive, all music from all 3 games from the Xenoblade Trilogy + the DLCs across 20 CDs, really an amazing set.

Wonder how much the Xenoblade soundtracks will sell for. The Type A Xenoblade 2 OST was easily selling for $700+ at release. Prices are probably insane these days. 

Shit, just got charged for Starfield CE... man, really hope this game doesn't suck ass. 

These $$$ really hit, Armored Core 6 last week and now Starfield. 

Running out of room is why I will only get CEs now that are $200+ if they have things really I want in them or on rare occasions they're a game I absolutely adore that has a super limited release that I just want to own. But I'm not buying $300 CEs anymore that don't come with items I want. And in general they're just too expensive. Saving $250 to get a game is a good feeling.

Space is a reason I've cancelled most CEs recently.  I'm keepin Starfield as it's a small case with a watch I'll likely use.  I have no need for a 19" Spider-man statue for a game I'm kinda mid on to begin with.

The only ones I think I still have up are Avatar and Stalker 2.

bread's done
Back