Official E3 2008 Thread

idk, when the biggest news of the biggest event of the year for you is that you are getting a game your competition already had, not impressive IMO, tommorrow should be fun with Nintendo and Sony back to back.

Overall grade: 7/10, good content, but nothing earth shattering

Argh, Gamespot.com was down for a good half of the press conference. Pretty lame press conference anyways...the new dashboard looks way more convoluted than what we've got now.

I agree that the presser was kinda subdued. The Live interface does look better than the current one, but I am having a deja vu moment. Because if the interface isn't fundamentally better and more intuitive then the 360 is gonna be a repeat of vista (shiny on the outside, crappy on the inside).

[quote name='nasum']FFXIII on 360 just made me put the final nail in my "I'm not ever getting a PS3" coffin.[/QUOTE]

fine, but don't close that door totally until after tomorrow. after tomorrow you'll be able to make a definite decision.

oh and:

[size=+1]
Add:

30rock_kenneth.jpg

With:

Tom-Cruise13.jpg

And You Get:

123008-1-1.jpg
[/size]

all things considered, not even a JPN release date on FFXIII yet. This will likely be worse than XII was so maybe not as big a deal as I had thought, but still...

You know it'd be nice if Tomorrow PS3 gets Gears of War 2....

I'm hurt over the loss of FF XIII however losing an exclusive for it to be a multiplatform release is never a bad thing. The best thing sony can do imo is offer some nice FFXIII bundles maybe a PS3 with FFXIII artwork...

Sony needs to break the bank, and get some of those 360 exclusives back on PS3. .... at least one...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='primetime']Am I the only one who thinks "Lips" is an incredibly stupid name? I haven't seen anybody else comment on it...[/QUOTE]

Not half as stupid as the girl in the video dnacing with a 360 controller. I actually laughed out load.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Not half as stupid as the girl in the video dnacing with a 360 controller. I actually laughed out load.[/quote]

I missed that part :lol: I started playing Bad Company after they began the Fable 2 demo.

Nice to here about RE5 co-op, looks like I will be picking that up now. New gears mode sounds pretty cool. Sort of sucks FFXIII went multiplat, but its good for the gaming community as a whole giving more people the ability to play the game. Looking forward to sony's conference now.

I think Microsoft won E3 with FFXIII on 360. Even if it doesn't come to Japan, I do not see how Sony or Nintendo can win E3 with just that announcement. Also surprising that MM9 was not at MS's event, unless I'm mistaken (I wasn't here).

Dont worry sony will announce kingdom hearts 3 or FF7 remake tomrrow exclusive for ps3 and all the ps3 fanboys who clung to the "ff13 is ps3 exlusive stupid xbox fanboys haah" will become the "haha KH3 is a ps3 exclusive stupid xbox fanboys, FFXIII will probably suck anyways just like 12 did and the series died after 7" people.

Summary:
If a game is exclusive its the best game ever.
If a game gets ported it was mediocre at best and all the previous exclusives were 10x better.

People in the FFXIII 360 thread are saying it's weird the Bungie announcement comes tomorrow, the same day as the Sony conference. If that happened, the world would explode.

Oh, and that new Wii accessory just screams Zelda and Metroid.

I honestly don't know what Nintendo can do to top FFXIII.

There's not going to be a new Mario or Zelda already. Maybe a new Metroid Prime. Donkey Kong....wait, they stopped making quality DK games ages ago.

I'm expecting: Wii Sports 2, more terrible peripherals, Mario sports/other spin-off game.

EDIT: Got it. Starfox Wii.

Nintendo could announce new old-school versions of their franchies. Like a 2D Metroid, or LTTP style Zelda... preferably one that is nothing like Phantom Hourglass.

Or fuck it, what about a new IP?

...like that'll happen. It'd be nice though.

Only way I can see Sony dropping a bigger announcement is Final Fantasy VII remake or something.

[quote name='Chacrana']Nintendo could announce new old-school versions of their franchies. Like a 2D Metroid, or LTTP style Zelda... preferably one that is nothing like Phantom Hourglass.
[/quote]

Yeah, but if they do that, there's a 99% chance it would be on DS. And another 2D Zelda/Metroid game in the same vain of all the others wouldn't really turn too many heads.

[quote name='Chacrana']Nintendo could announce new old-school versions of their franchies. Like a 2D Metroid, or LTTP style Zelda... preferably one that is nothing like Phantom Hourglass.

Or fuck it, what about a new IP?

...like that'll happen. It'd be nice though.

Only way I can see Sony dropping a bigger announcement is Final Fantasy VII remake or something.[/QUOTE]

Sony needs to do stuff like NOW and big stuff to boot. I believed at the start of this generation that despite the PS3s price they would still dominate....it would just take 2 or 3 years. Now however I think MS is doing a brilliant job of not just hamstringing Sony but curb stomping them while they are down.

Seriously, I don't wanna hear "oh Killzone 2 look how good it is," at the press conference because what they've got hitting only the PS3 right now looks like crap. They need some major announcements.

I like how M$ blatently ripped off Sony and the Wii while saying fuck you. Then to top it of M$ trots around like it's their idea and it's original and now.

Then there's the part of making the 360 more commercialized. Nice, take a page from EA.

All I saw during there presentations was...

:cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching:

:cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching::cha ching:

:cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching:

Great... :roll:

[quote name='VipFREAK']

:cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching:

:cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching::cha ching::cha ching:

:cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching::cha ching: :cha ching:

Great... :roll:[/QUOTE]

well, all three 1st parties do it for profit so don't expect anything different tomorrow.

I don't give a shit about any FF game, so the biggest announcement out of Microsoft for me was that they decided to redo the dashboard.

And that certainly means we should expect more advertisements, and another two or three years before we get all the features we want currently.

Not sure what to expect from Nintendo. Sony has to do something BIG, or they're probably going to lose even more ground.

[quote name='VipFREAK']There's a difference between "making a profit" and then blatently price gouging the fucking hell out of something... :roll:[/quote]
Are we taking Mario, Mega Man, Guitar Hero or Final Fantasy? I'm not sure what you could mean.

I'm interested to hear what game they decide to ship this new accessory with. I'm betting on Metroid Prime Trilogy (I have a bet with RawMeatCowboy from GoNintendo about it). Although it does sort of scream Zelda. Nintendo would need 3 really big announcements to top Final Fantasy. Probably a Final Fantasy game of their own, another major third party game (Kingdom Hearts 3) and maybe something Earthbound related.

Sorry if I'm late to this thread, but since the Fallout 3 360/pc exclusive DLC, what version is the better of the two now. ps3 or 360, I dont want to start some war or anything, but today I preordered the ps3 version at GS and the guy I'm friends with there convinced me that the ps3 version will be significantly better.

[quote name='VipFREAK']There's a difference between "making a profit" and then blatently price gouging the fucking hell out of something... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you are wrong, but just don't be surprised if you feel the same with sony and nintendo.

The only franchise gouging Nintendo does is Mario...and I guess if you're picky, the Miis. Beyond that, it's one new game per console per generation on average.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I honestly don't know what Nintendo can do to top FFXIII.[/quote]
Tomorrow's fictional conference of head asplosions:

Toward the end of Nintendo's conference, the very same President of Square-Enix that was at the MS conference shows off some DS stuff, like DQ4/5/6/9? or other stuff like Crystal Chronicles for Wii, which has been undercover for a long time now.

Then he departs, Reggie starts to talk again. He comes back out and taps him on the back, "oh I almost forgot one more thing."

Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer :cool:

Lives would be taken.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Sorry if I'm late to this thread, but since the Fallout 3 360/pc exclusive DLC, what version is the better of the two now. ps3 or 360, I dont want to start some war or anything, but today I preordered the ps3 version at GS and the guy I'm friends with there convinced me that the ps3 version will be significantly better.[/QUOTE]

Id wait until they actually announce what the exclusive 360 DLC is.... If it's dog armor, then it really wouldn't matter.

I think the two versions should be about equal performance-wise.

If Sony or Nintendo have a megaton announcement...maybe now would be the best time to pull it out. Although FFXIII is no longer a console mover IMO, it's still a big game.

I honestly expect the big game announcement today to come from Nintendo.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Then he departs, Reggie starts to talk again. He comes back out and taps him on the back, "oh I almost forgot one more thing."

Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer :cool:

Lives would be taken.[/QUOTE]

It actually seems more and more likely that Kingdom Hearts 3 might make it to the Wii. It would seem to fit the demographic fantastically, and the more action-based combat would fit with the new Wii 1:1 controller add-on. Plus, developing on the Wii could theoretically keep the costs down.

[quote name='KingBroly']The only franchise gouging Nintendo does is Mario...and I guess if you're picky, the Miis. Beyond that, it's one new game per console per generation on average.[/quote]
I would go with two titles per generation now.

I'm calling Mother 3 being announced on American shores. With the popularity of Brawl and Lucas being in it, it would work. A man can dream, at least.

[quote name='nasum']FFXIII on 360 just made me put the final nail in my "I'm not ever getting a PS3" coffin.[/QUOTE]

so then if that thought died today, that means that you are going to get a PS3!

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Id wait until they actually announce what the exclusive 360 DLC is.... If it's dog armor, then it really wouldn't matter.

I think the two versions should be about equal performance-wise.[/QUOTE]

tru we dont know what it will be, but the dev said it would be "substantial".

I love how when Sony rips off someone they get ripped a new one.

But when MSFT rips of Sony/Nintendo, no one cares.

I don't know what I think about the new MSFT dashboard, I don't think it fixes any problems.

I am absolutely ecstatic for Rock Band 2. Its going to be epic.

I played the Too Human demo, it's meh. I don't like the dual stick combo.

Besides that, as someone said, when your biggest news is getting a game someone else has, it's not a pretty good conference. They didn't show any new games that have me excited, and all the casual stuff was stupid, especially your in the movies. Galaga 2, Portal, and The new scene it though look interesting, and like they have potential.

All in all, not too much to get excited for.

There's only ONE GAME that can save PS3 in NA now. And I think we all know what that game is, despite how crazy it is to think about it coming.

One game doesnt save systems, not by a longshot.

Also, I have no idea what game you might be talking about :lol:

bread's done
Back