Official E3 2008 Thread

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Yes, Monday-Thursday.[/quote]

Thought so, but darknessbear confused me.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Couple weeks away.

Hope its good.[/quote]

I'm looking forward to...

[FONT=&quot]- Fallout 3 - PC, 360, PS3
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Postal III - PC, 360
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Resident Evil 5 - PS3, 360
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Street Fighter IV - PC, 360, PS3[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - DS, PSP, 360
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Just Cause 2 - PC, 360, PS3http://pc.ign.com/objects/862/862518.htmlhttp://ps3.ign.com/objects/862/862519.htmlhttp://xbox360.ign.com/objects/862/862520.html
- Monster Lab - Wiihttp://wii.ign.com/objects/959/959455.html
- Tomb Raider Underworld - PC, 360, PS3
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - PC, 360, PS3
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Fable 2 - 360
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Too Human - 360http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/748/748783.html
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise - 360
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - Wii
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Mario Super Sluggers - Wii
- Warioland Shake It! - Wii
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Saints Row 2 - Pc, 360, PS3http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14248584.htmlhttp://ps3.ign.com/objects/905/905741.html
- UFC 2009 Undisputed - 360
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 - DS, 360, PS3, Wii
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] de Blob - Wii
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Left 4 Dead - PC, 360
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- LEGO Batman: The Videogame - DS, PC, 360, PS3, Wii, PSP[/FONT]

Capcom just changed the name of Plunder to:

Age of Booty!

"Age of Booty is a casual , real-time multiplayer strategy game that puts players at the helm of their own pirate ship with the goal of sending your enemies to the briny deep, and looting and capturing towns for your pirate faction.

In Age of Booty, players team up with other online players or AI-controlled pirate ships to raid, pillage, sink, and destroy their way to dominance on the high seas. Spoils of war and booty are used to upgrade and customize pirate ships to make them even more deadly as players take on 25 unique challenges and seven of the most devious Pirate Alliances on the high seas. Gain notoriety and fame by climbing the online leader boards. Create and share custom maps using the intuitive map creation system ."

I can't wait for, "Thank you fro calling Gamestop, home of Age of Booty. How may I help you?"

Anyone going to any of the "parties"? There's at least one with Sony for people who just want to hang out after E3, you don't even have to be invited to the event to go. Is there going to be a CAG meet-up? I'd like to meet some of you who I've seen around on the site, but I know my entire schedule is booked, so that means before or after the show. Do let me know if you guys plan something. Drop a PM in case I don't see this thread.

sounds like there's going to be a huge Final Fantasy announcement at E3... mostly pointing to VII... not that I give a crap anymore but some freaks here may be happy.

I think its going to be live and commercial free on G4. Don't quote me on that though.
I'm going to work tomorrow (NO MICROSOFT), and Tuesday (NO SONY), but I'll be watching them non-live.
I'm actually not feeling that great right now, so if this gets worse I'll be home tomorrow...

Thank god I don't have to go in until the afternoon tomorrow, I will be camped out in front of my computer and streaming whatever is available to me all morning until I head in.

Why the hell did our cable provider drop G4 from our expanded cable lineup?

[quote name='Azumangaman']I think its going to be live and commercial free on G4. Don't quote me on that though.
I'm going to work tomorrow (NO MICROSOFT), and Tuesday (NO SONY), but I'll be watching them non-live.
I'm actually not feeling that great right now, so if this gets worse I'll be home tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

I'll be missing tomorrows MS press, but when I get home tomorrow I'll try to dodge all the news and watch the press. I like getting surprised. At least I wont miss sony's.

Is nintendo's tues as well?

You can catch live streams (sd and hd) on g4tv.com

By the way, I think you're spot on about MS's motion controller (was on g4tv.com as well). And yea, Nintendo's PC is gunna be Tuesday.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sounds like there's going to be a huge Final Fantasy announcement at E3... mostly pointing to VII... not that I give a crap anymore but some freaks here may be happy.[/quote]
What is this claim based on?

I don't how much info is allowed on this thread but Nintendo has come through again
with another damn peripheral.

Epic win for Nintendo if they release it for free jacket-style on their website. I'd also buy a four-pack of them for $40, I guess. Just not $20 each, that would suck.

The too human demo is live now they announced. Consensus seems to be it sucks. I think they would have been smart to not release any demo and try and limit peoples review times to try and sell this game on hype alone.

On a Personal Note im looking for.

Announcments of RPGs or hell any good games for the DS or PSP. PSP needs em bad so id like to see it.....but also because I can play those games for free anyways.

A rough estimate on when Diablo 3 is going to come out.
An announcment for mod support for D3.

Price Drop on the PS3.

New Model of the DS or PSP(I wont buy it less its amazing but im interested to see if it happans)

Some new info on Dark Cloud 3 or SLy Cooper 3

New Info on Ratchet and Clank Future DLC

Outside the R&C DLC I think I have no shot of seeing any of the stuff I want outside new games for the DS. But I can dream ")

While not quite as good as a live feed either there is Kotaku who is doing live blogging while updating videos here and there.

[quote name='happy']the ign feed is great for me if anyone is looking (g4 was awful)[/quote]

Thanks. It's sooo much better the G4.

BTW, fuck G4

Exclusive partnership with Netflix that lets you see your queue on Xbox Live, AND share it with up to 7 other people in your Xbox Live party? Well, shit. Won't be selling my 360 anytime soon.

Also - did CliffyB try to pull one over on the E3 crowd by pre-recording a 'co-op demonstration' of GOW2 footage and pawning it off as live footage? That flicker of the trailer rebooting/freezing is going to piss some people off, but either way the GoW2 footage looked amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='msam']Exclusive partnership with Netflix that lets you see your queue on Xbox Live, AND share it with up to 7 other people in your Xbox Live party? Well, shit. Won't be selling my 360 anytime soon.[/quote]

And at no extra charge.......what's the catch?

Hold on a sec, so now that the 360 has upcoming avatars, shared movies and pictures, who's copying who between M$ and Sony? I'm confused. Can we just say that everyone (gamers) likes these kinds of features in their gaming hardware?

[quote name='grndoom']Hold on a sec, so now that the 360 has upcoming avatars, shared movies and pictures, who's copying who between M$ and Sony? I'm confused. Can we just say that everyone (gamers) likes these kinds of features in their gaming hardware?[/quote]

true dat.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Starting with the new XBL Dashboard, everything has been terrible. Worse then VD and palsy.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually digging the new dashboard. I'm also pleased with the addition of netflix.

Sounds ok so far, nothing special though, WTF is up with that Your in the Movies..

More like Urine the moives, ridiculous

bread's done
Back