Official E3 2008 Thread

They could have used this to introduce 6 player play, but it looks like one person was pretending cause of the menu. This is one of my favorite Band Bros songs too.

Hey. I have this new game where I pull out my mp3 player and press a button and it plays music. It's fun because, well I play air guitar while the music plays. WHAT? Nintendo already did this and it's called WiiMusic... Crap

d6078223fc4b7bc73ba408373a94aaaa0417e50e

Really disappointing conference overall. I have to say, I would not be that upset if this was the last E3.

Can someone clarify... do your actions in wii music have any purpose, or it literally a $50 air guitar game with no good music?

As I said in the GGT. This conference isnt for us. Our announcements can come through more traditional methods, over the next few days. Otherwise there still is no release list for Q3-4.

[quote name='anomynous']Wii officially sucks

I wholy regret buying mine now[/quote]

Only one game on the console worth owning, SMG.

So to recap, we can yell at our TVs this winter and a new dongle in Spring. Also a bit of news of games we already knew were coming. Microsoft did the same thing but at least they had new features to show off along with the games we already kenw of. Advantage Microsoft. Sony you are on deck.

[quote name='happy']Can someone clarify... do your actions in wii music have any purpose, or it literally a $50 air guitar game with no good music?[/quote]

Pretty much

No...wait for it. They're gonna pull an Apple. Reggie's gonna run back on stage any minute and say, "Oh and one more thing." Then megaton!

The crowd did not look happy. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking with Wii Music? Not only is it not really a game, but it was also their biggest announcement.

It'sMagneto;4617510 said:
Only one game on the console worth owning, SMG.

Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes, Blast Works, and LostWinds, along with Galaxy, are six of my favorite games this generation. I haven't played my Wii near as much as my PS3, but I still think it was still worth the purchase. Hopefully they release a few more good 'core' games in its life cycle.

Only Nintendo could fuck up A) giving us voicechat, which is something we desperately want, and B) confirming 1:1, which is something that could be potentially cool.

Everything else was a steaming pile.

But that DID find a lady more annoying that Kaplan. Holy shit. There's got to be a quarry where they mine these people out of pure stone.

That... felt very short (Less than an hour?)... and pointless. Especially the ending, where it felt like he was building up to something... then nothing. The only things that interested me were the new AC game and the Wii Sports Resort Swordfighting. I was hoping that they would announce some other games that used the new peripheral, or at least make announcements for Band Bros. and Punch-out!.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']This Chris guy is a moron... (I'm watching G4 with people in the 'virtual audience' talking)[/quote]The second guy called out Nintendo saying WTF happened to the core gamer and overall very disappointing. I completely agree.

[quote name='Predator21281']The crowd did not look happy. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking with Wii Music? Not only is it not really a game, but it was also their biggest announcement.[/quote]

Kinda like Wii Fit?

Atleast the 9 yr olds and kids that poop in the urinals will eat it up.

[quote name='Predator21281']The crowd did not look happy. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking with Wii Music? Not only is it not really a game, but it was also their biggest announcement.[/QUOTE]

Here I thought last year's big announcement of Wii Fit was disappointing. They've topped themselves. I am thoroughly impressed and amazingly disappointed.

well this is sony's E3 to win. After the first 2 conferences, I really kind of hope this is E3s last year afterall.

Music Games are ruining gaming.

Congrats Nintendo, you once again forgot about the hardcore. If it wasn't for how much Smash gets played at my house I would sell the stupid thing. Thanks for no Starfox, Zelda or F-Zero.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']as expected Animal Crossing got me excited. GTA on DS was totally unexpected to be honest... curious if it's going to hold up.[/QUOTE]

Would've been nice to see some videos of GTA, so we can see if it's more than just yet another game set in the LC.

You know wii fit was a bit of a disappointing announcement whenever that was, but it at least has a point. Wii music is pointless. I prefer to use IMAGINATION

Wii Music would be cool if I had my own pubic access channel based on music, wore ripped jeans, and had my buddy Garth to back me up.

I think Wii Music could actually be kind of fun for your grandma or 3 year old cousin who don't have enough coordination to play drums on Rock Band.

Otherwise, it's crap. The Hannah Montana music game on the DS is loads better than this. I'm actually not kidding, either.

bread's done
Back