Official E3 2015 Thread

Final Fantasy 7 remake!!! Woohooo! Only thing missing is a release date. Probably 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're cute.
Kinda agree with him... they're showing lots of third party games that are timed exclusives, which really isn't that big of a deal these days.

Yes, Sony has their own exclusives and probably doesn't need help in that area but still, it'd be nice to see something like Shenmue III or FF7R be PS4 exclusive.

I cannot believe they are doing that VII remake. I honestly had given up after those morons at Square said they wouldn't even consider it until they could come up with something that could match its success (in other words we aren't doing it). Thank christ they actually saw logic even if it took them much longer than expected. I'm so excited but at the same time the shock of this has me really calm lol. I never nerd out at news like this but I just can't believe this thing is finally a reality.

[quote name="Navex" post="12747354" timestamp="1434420938"]I cannot believe they are doing that VII remake. I honestly had given up after those morons at Square said they wouldn't even consider it until they could come up with something that could match its success (in other words we aren't doing it). Thank christ they actually saw logic even if it took them much longer than expected. I'm so excited but at the same time the shock of this has me really calm lol. I never nerd out at news like this but I just can't believe this thing is finally a reality.[/quote]

Been waiting for it ever since they teased with that tech demo of midgar! Glad its finally coming! Just wished it was a ps4 exclusive instead of multiplatform since that game was exclusive to playstation and then pc. Oh well! At least its ps4 1st. Cant wait for more info on this!

I cannot believe they are doing that VII remake. I honestly had given up after those morons at Square said they wouldn't even consider it until they could come up with something that could match its success (in other words we aren't doing it). Thank christ they actually saw logic even if it took them much longer than expected. I'm so excited but at the same time the shock of this has me really calm lol. I never nerd out at news like this but I just can't believe this thing is finally a reality.
I'm just worried they're gonna botch it up by fucking with the story, giving it ridiculous cut-scenes, or messing with the gameplay/battle system.

I'd buy this if it was just a visual upgrade of FFVII. I'd consider it awesome if they somehow added into Crisis Core into the game with FFVII's gameplay/battle system for a complete story experience (regardless of how feel, I though the CC story tied in pretty damn well into FFVII). It'd be even more awesome of they went into more details about some of the backstory with the other characters and/or post-ending.

I'm hyped for FF7 remake.... but I would't expect to see it come out for a long time. Anyone remember seeing FF13-VS for PS3 like almost a decade ago. It took so long to come out they changed the name to FF15 and decided to put it out on PS4/XB1. Might not see FF7 remake until PS5. Still glad it's going to be a thing regardless.

Ugh.. It looks like Shenmue might not get a physical release on PS4 :|
Kinda weird... they're releasing a physical copy on the one platform where digital is king. :whistle2:k

Maybe they'll add some new tiers for physical PS4/XB1 copies. The game's already over half-million in roughly half-hour.

They should have closed with FFVII. That was the highlight.
Agreed.. The last 45 min was all games that had already been announced and most were day 1 multi platform. Beginning was decent but underwhelming. A couple good timed announcements, a couple games we have seen before. 7/10

Uncharted is gorgeous, but it's just not doing anything for me... alot of these AAA games aren't. I think I'm just sick of the formula.

Final Fantasy VII was easily the highlight of the event for me. I'm hopeful that they'll punch-up the story so there's none of that cornball dialogue that's been plaguing SE games for the past ten years. Shenmue will be interesting to follow... though as with all Kickstarters, who knows how it will turn out. Outside of that, I'm looking forward to Firewatch and Media Molecule's "game."

Disappointed that there wasn't more Morpheus news... I was hoping for a price and release date. It's like these VR companies are afraid of being the first to market.

Uncharted is gorgeous, but it's just not doing anything for me... alot of these AAA games aren't. I think I'm just sick of the formula.

Final Fantasy VII was easily the highlight of the event for me. I'm hopeful that they'll punch-up the story so there's none of that cornball dialogue that's been plaguing SE games for the past ten years. Shenmue will be interesting to follow... though as with all Kickstarters, who knows how it will turn out. Outside of that, I'm looking forward to Firewatch and Media Molecule's "game.".
Yeah I'm pretty burned out on all these FPSs...and I'm a big gears fan. Interested in FallOut though. The storyline makes it seem worth it.

I still liked Sony's conference more based on the FFVIII remake, possibility of Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian(!), and Firewatch.
Game wise, I'm only excited for Unraveled and the hololens from Microsoft.

Now to wait for Nintendo's conference.

Was there an Uncharted collection shown? Like, actual footage? I missed the first bits of the presentation.

I'm watching the "hololens" thing on YouTube. I do not understand this wizardry.
You know how AR cards work on the 3DS? Same concept.

With other VR headsets, you put on the headset and enter a virtual world by basically having screens right in front of your eyes. With Hololens, a virtual world is "created" in front of you (ie, on the tabletop as shown on the video)... like a hologram.

... At least that's how I think it works.

So far a lot of great games to look forward to this E3. Hope to see some great things from Nintendo. It's about time for a new Metroid. 

From my understanding Hololens isn't going to do many things with gaming. It will mainly be a software and learning tool. Microsoft owns Mine craft so I'm sure that's why they are focusing on that.

They should have closed with FFVII. That was the highlight.
I have to agree as well. We all knew Uncharted 4 was going to make a showing. FFVII would've killed it at the end.

Overall I'm happy. Last Gaurdian, No Man's Land, FFVII & Uncharted have me giddy. And I never gave up on you Shenmue 3. I believed and now there is hope. Never gave money to a Kickstarter before, I will support this.

It's a shame I suck at multiplayer shooters because Battlefront looks like a lot of fun.

Was there an Uncharted collection shown? Like, actual footage? I missed the first bits of the presentation.

You know how AR cards work on the 3DS? Same concept.

With other VR headsets, you put on the headset and enter a virtual world by basically having screens right in front of your eyes. With Hololens, a virtual world is "created" in front of you (ie, on the tabletop as shown on the video)... like a hologram.

... At least that's how I think it works.
I've never seen the AR cards in use (I kept my 3ds "sealed"), but I do get it. It was a little weird since they were using a camera with the same feed as the guy. I guess in theory multiple people would be able to interact if they had multiple visors (and their actions weren't counter productive).

Anyone else remember trying this at the mall? The VR helmet weighed like 20 lbs. lol

vrheadset.jpg

Those of us that saw the birth of the web/video games are really fortunate. We are at a point where it is as big of an impact as the creation of the television.

The hololens would be a great tool for architects, engineers or city planners...even contractors or mechanics. It really is an impressive tool (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!)

I heard about some type of special announcement with ea access with getting at least one new game in the vault. Anyone hear of anything yet ?

Yeah, I think Sony had the order messed up too.  Ending with either Last Guardian or FF7 would have been a much better choice.

Big highlight for me today was honestly the Rare Collection, only $24 after GCU...insane value.

Ahh nice, thanks for the info. Maybe I can sell or trade my Titan fall copy in now.
I will look forward to the new dragon age since I don't have it yet.

I thought Sony press conference was great. I saw it in the theater with the Sony E3 experience. The Last Guardian and Horizon Zero Dawn look amazing on the big screen. Uncharted 4 was the best though. The detail that you can see was incredible if you saw it on the big screen. The announcement of Shemue Kickstarter and FFVII was pretty awesome too.

bread's done
Back