Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a weird way the lack of drops is relieving. Last week I finally used my Groupon that I had been sitting on for weeks. I expected there to be a ton of great drops this week as a result. Since that didn't happen, I'm now glad I used my groupon last week instead of waiting any longer.

I picked up James Bond 007: Blood Stone last week and it just arrived.
Came in excellent shape with the instructions.

Bought it basically because it was Bizarre Creations' last game and I wanted to give it a go.

[quote name='XT14']yeah sorry, I once again was swamped this week....should be in a better rhythm from here no out. I was in no hurry as there was nothing really new to add. The stores have been instructed to sell a few more copies of certain things (i saw epic mickey for example) and wwe smackdown vs raw 11 is sold out.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but would it benefit anyone for me to put how many copies the stores plan to keep for rent whenever I post? Like epic mickey went from keeping 3 copies to rent this week to 2 copies left to rent (sell the rest)....just let me know[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would nice. I'm wondering to see how many copies of Donkey Kong Country Returns Family Video plans to keep cause the one by me has 5 copies to rent, but none to buy :cry:

updates don't become live until typically 8PM eastern my side. Then of course it depends on what I've got going on before they are posted here. I did just do some updates though and have listed the number of copies each store will keep to rent next to each title (the rest should be for sale...read the faqs for more details). I also placed things in alphabetical order and removed some titles that aren't listed in the official "Video Games Sale" page anymore. If there was something you previously noticed that got removed, it doesn't mean the store won't have it for sale, but means it will be a little more YMMV than before....be back in a few hours with possibly some new updates.

Definitely some good video game deals from time to time, but I feel truly sorry for those of you that still work for this horrific company. Worked for them for nearly a few years as a manager, and the company is a travesty in so many ways. Good job at keeping the thread going, but don't grow stagnant in a company that gives a shit less about any of their employees ;)

[quote name='DaKrazie1']Definitely some good video game deals from time to time, but I feel truly sorry for those of you that still work for this horrific company. Worked for them for nearly a few years as a manager, and the company is a travesty in so many ways. Good job at keeping the thread going, but don't grow stagnant in a company that gives a shit less about any of their employees ;)[/QUOTE]

Is anyone else really all that different? I've worked for a total of one employer that actually gave a shit and treated their employees fairly. Hell, I even worked for a Children's Hospital and they treated us far worse than any other place I've ever worked.

:ps3: / :360: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is available on the website used for $29.99 .. figured I might as well use my Groupon before I forget about it again, so I picked it up for $14.53 shipped.

[quote name='henry00x']are they going to restock Skate 3 and Just Cause 2 (xbox)?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it was on the website at one point in time. Once they pull the listing from the website I don't think they ever put it back up. I've never noticed them put one back up at least.

As always anyone can feel free to contact me and I'll try to find and send out anything your looking for.

Has it gotten a price drop since you debated on buying it? I know they will add them back when that happens if they still have a lot but at the same price usually once they take it down it stays down. At least that was my understanding to how they do the online ordering.

Thats my guess. I'm fairly certain its a Rent 1 Get 1 game now so it might have been because of that drop. As everyone on here notices the one thing they lack is getting stuff online in a regular fashion and in a timely manner 100% of the time. If anyone is in the Springfield area I know their looking for someone to work in the IT department. Lets all blame that job opening on the lack of the online stuff being done in a regular timely manner.

[quote name='Mizzou75']They put them back up. I almost bought Dead to Rights once but when I went to buy it it was gone. It's back now.[/QUOTE]

If you really want it, and you have a Blockbuster nearby, it might be worth checking them out and seeing if they have it... It is $9.99 there and they have the B1G1 going on starting next week.

[quote name='mvp828']If you really want it, and you have a Blockbuster nearby, it might be worth checking them out and seeing if they have it... It is $9.99 there and they have the B1G1 going on starting next week.[/QUOTE]

Oh I've gotten it since then - got it for like $6 or $7 from gohastings at some point. Thanks though!

[quote name='weapon311']skate 3 at 10 would be great, listed online for 28 though.[/QUOTE]

Its not available used online right now. 28 is for new.

[quote name='CONMAN999']Does PS3 ever get any love? I'd love to get Just Cause 2 for 9.99[/QUOTE]

what is sold is dependant on how many copies of PS3 games we get to rent. For better or worse the 360 is just what people are renting more. Usually 2-3x better and the online outages weren't helping. It is getting better for PS3 users though. The for sale list for PS3 games used to replicate the Wii list :whistle2:/

Nice got my Xbox 360 games in today. For just under $30, got Just Cause 2, Dante's Inferno and Ghostbusters. (all in great shape, no manuals with 2 of them) but still very satisfied. Thanks XT for keeping up this thread.

[quote name='XT14']what is sold is dependant on how many copies of PS3 games we get to rent. For better or worse the 360 is just what people are renting more. Usually 2-3x better and the online outages weren't helping. It is getting better for PS3 users though. The for sale list for PS3 games used to replicate the Wii list :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Bingo.. My store has about 80 feet of 7 row shelves for the 360. For the PS3 I have 36 feet with 6 shelves.. Shows how bad the PS3 is losing the console war. My PS2 section = same size as PS3 still. Maybe Sony should kill the PS2 completely and really start figuring out a way to amp up their sales. Price drop the games to 54.99 ya it will suck for the publishers but if Sony wants to ever gain some ground they need to make a huge play.

yep, just got off work late, updates are up though....for those finally looking for the fable 3 drop...hope it wasn't too late...bunch of cheap shooters though for those who are still needing to pick those up

[quote name='shurija']Nice prices. I'm tempted to try Bulletstorm for $20..[/QUOTE]

Just remember that this game has a $10 pass online pass if you want the full online experience. Same goes for Homefront. Crysis 2 at $30 is a nice price though. No online pass and the graphics are pretty spectacular.

Edit: Will this come with the code? If so I am all over it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just remember that this game has a $10 pass online pass if you want the full online experience. Same goes for Homefront. Crysis 2 at $30 is a nice price though. No online pass and the graphics are pretty spectacular.

Edit: Will this come with the code? If so I am all over it.[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 does come with a "pass" but it's for xp and some other stuff, you can still play online. I thought bulletstorm had no online pass though....

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I'll definitely grab bulletstorm for the 360 with my groupon if it ever hits the site.[/QUOTE]

Could you explain please?

[quote name='Cysquatch']Crysis 2 does come with a "pass" but it's for xp and some other stuff, you can still play online. I thought bulletstorm had no online pass though....[/QUOTE]

I thought bulletstorm was pretty much the same deal as crysis 2's online code. You can still play online without it the code just gives you some bonuses.

Here is what the online pass for Bulletstorm grants you:

Access to multiplayer.
6 Echoes Maps.
A different skin for your leash.

If you're not big on multiplayer this shouldn't affect you too much. The multiplayer is essentially a co-op horde mode, you get attacked by a wave of enemies each round and must work together with your team to perform skillshots that add up and surpass a certain score in order to advance to the next round. It's interesting for a few hours but then you will lose interest because most of the players online are too fucking stupid to realize you have to work together to get more points.

If you enjoy the single player and end up wanting to try the online you can always buy the pass for 800 MS points which shouldn't be as bad if you don't pay full price for your MS points.

The 6 Echoes Maps don't add much, you can easily get the Echoes achievements on the 14 maps that you already have.

bulletstorm for $20? oooo I might just have to get one, there were several for sale at mine yesterday for $29 still. so I'll check in stores again tomorrow then.

Is the ROGO games YMMV when it comes to purchasing the spares? I've had my eye on a copy of Singularity for awhile but it has never been made available for sale. There are two copies and I took one of the extras to the counter and asked the manager but after looking at the list he said it was not for sale.

Would like to try out Homefront but I'll wait for $20. Of course I have vacation time next week so maybe I'll just rent it.....

[quote name='gotdott']nevermind i think you're right. online pass only gives you echoes maps and a new leash which isn't worth it imo.[/QUOTE]

Cool, woke up this morning and saw the e-mail alert that the 360 version of bulletstorm was finally added to the online site. Grabbed it for 3 and change and after my groupon.

I really hope we see another family video groupon roll around soon but FV's prices are often so stellar that they are good deals even without the added savings.

Bulletstorm for $20 is tempting...if i can find it in a store I'll probably pick it up after I finish L.A. Noire...

[quote name='Invicta 61']Is the ROGO games YMMV when it comes to purchasing the spares? I've had my eye on a copy of Singularity for awhile but it has never been made available for sale. There are two copies and I took one of the extras to the counter and asked the manager but after looking at the list he said it was not for sale.

Would like to try out Homefront but I'll wait for $20. Of course I have vacation time next week so maybe I'll just rent it.....[/QUOTE]

If it's the PS3 version you're looking for, it's $12.99 at Gamefly right now

I got lucky at my store. I went in when what looked to be corporate was there. Buncha people in nice clothes walking around with clipboards. I noticed that there were 5 copies of Bulletstore, all with the online pass.
I went up and politely gave them the speech I always give: "Excuse me, I noticed that there are 5 copies of a game I am looking at getting, all for rent only. I saw somewhere online that there was guidance that had been passed down to sell down to 4 copies. Have you seen anything like that come down?"
Instead of brushing me off and saying that none are for sale, the guy looked at his computer for a while and said 'Yeah, I can let one go. It'll be $19.95."

SCORE!

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I got lucky at my store. I went in when what looked to be corporate was there. Buncha people in nice clothes walking around with clipboards. I noticed that there were 5 copies of Bulletstore, all with the online pass.
I went up and politely gave them the speech I always give: "Excuse me, I noticed that there are 5 copies of a game I am looking at getting, all for rent only. I saw somewhere online that there was guidance that had been passed down to sell down to 4 copies. Have you seen anything like that come down?"
Instead of brushing me off and saying that none are for sale, the guy looked at his computer for a while and said 'Yeah, I can let one go. It'll be $19.95."

SCORE![/QUOTE]

Now you just have to hope those passes aren't used since they were in rental boxes chances are someone rented it and redeemed it. Just because it's in there doesn't mean it's still good. Luckily my Family video pulls the manuals and passes and stores them so when I go buy it I know it hasn't been redeemed since they were never in the rental boxes.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Now you just have to hope those passes aren't used since they were in rental boxes chances are someone rented it and redeemed it. Just because it's in there doesn't mean it's still good. Luckily my Family video pulls the manuals and passes and stores them so when I go buy it I know it hasn't been redeemed since they were never in the rental boxes.[/QUOTE]
Eh, my store doesn't get much traffic at all and I have had a lot of luck with the online codes before, but sure enough, the one I got was used. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back