Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered Just Cause 2 and Guitar hero: WoR from them and they both had manuals. Hell, Guitar Hero even had the Soundgarden CD.

[quote name='Duke']I was about to purchase AC:B and it said towards the bottom of the product page that used games don't include the manuals. Is this just a cautionary disclaimer or is there literally no chance of getting a complete game?[/QUOTE]
In the case of AC:B there is no manual just a paper insert telling you the manual is conveniently embedded within the game itself.

Once again disappointed by Hollywood video.

As usual very few games for sale aside from some R1G1 free 2007-2009 sports titles. Great. Oh and junk like Dark Void pictured.

As usual 6+ copies of splinter cell conviction, Dante's Inferno, and many other sitting on the shelves.

Image04082011134745.jpg

Image04082011134839-1.jpg

I guess it makes sense to do things this way? The 11 copies of battlefield bad company 2 they once had were pared down to about 4 so maybe the employees just buy them when they get cheap enough and don't sticker them otherwise. Who knows. Guess i'll forget about visiting this store again.

[quote name='bardockkun']This weeks deals are online now just as a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Bought James Bond 007: Blood Stone (360) and Assassin's Creed II (360) for $9.99 each plus I was able to use my Groupon from a while back.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']How are the quality of the used games and is the shipping reliable?

Thinking about picking up AC:B.[/QUOTE]
Instruction booklets are hit or miss (in the case of Brotherhood, it doesn't really matter), but the discs are ALWAYS in pristine condition. As in not a scratch from the times I've ordered from them, which was a total of 3-4 times or so now, not counting the recent order I've made. That and the covers themselves look fine as well.

[quote name='jer7583']Once again disappointed by Hollywood video.

As usual very few games for sale aside from some R1G1 free 2007-2009 sports titles. Great. Oh and junk like Dark Void pictured.

As usual 6+ copies of splinter cell conviction, Dante's Inferno, and many other sitting on the shelves.

Image04082011134745.jpg

Image04082011134839-1.jpg

I guess it makes sense to do things this way? The 11 copies of battlefield bad company 2 they once had were pared down to about 4 so maybe the employees just buy them when they get cheap enough and don't sticker them otherwise. Who knows. Guess i'll forget about visiting this store again.[/QUOTE]

Well first off its family video not Hollywood video but that's besides the point. I can tell by your photos you have both a blessing and a curse. That store is either fairly new (which is your blessing part) or it's an insanely busy game store based on the quantity of games they have. The bad news is that either of those situations would result in them not selling any of the games because they are better off to rent it occasionally then to sell it off if they can afford the space.

^^^well regardless of the situation, those aren't games that are to be sold based on rental history. They are to be priced down to a certain amount of copies. jer7583, you have the benefit of knowing what things should be priced for sale and which aren't as we have the list on this site, so you could ask them to check for sure or contact their manager though or link provided. I agree you shouldn't have to deal with that though. Hopefully they get on the ball so everyone else who may not even check this site can get some good deals.

Well everything on the list should be priced down but all new stores are told not to price any games for at least 6 months in order to determine what volume of a game rental the store has the potential to be. Now of course if its not a new store theres very very few exceptions to not selling stuff on the list and all the managers I know myself included would sell you a copy and then get a copy from another store if I felt that I really needed another one.

Sorry i worked for hollywood for years, must have slipped. Pretty sure this store has been there for at least 5 years, since ive lived here. Ill just stick to online. Thanks.

Has anyone that ordered Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 receive it yet? I ordered on 3/31 and it shipped on 4/1 which I am still waiting for it to arrive.

I ordered it with a groupon code on the 29th of March and it shipped on the same day and think I received it early last week, maybe Tuesday the 5th.

[quote name='loomis1975']I ordered it with a groupon code on the 29th of March and it shipped on the same day and think I received it early last week, maybe Tuesday the 5th.[/QUOTE]

Well the site says 5 to 10 days so I hope it is at my house when I get off today cause it normally doesn't take this long.

Edit: it finally got here on the 10th day so I am happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, just added. Higher priced ones this week, but a decent selection. Next week I might even have to divide the PS3 games like the Xbox selection as it's getting a little messy. See ya then

Hmmmm....gonna have to think hard on Hot Pursuit. I want it, but the odds of an online pass being in it still are probably pretty slim. I do need to go back to pick up a copy of EA MMA though, so maybe.

Still waiting for them to add Shattered Dimensions to the site...I saw Splatterhouse on their site for $19.xx a few days ago and it just vanished. Damn...so far the only thing I want to get is the latest 007.

I went yesterday with the intention of picking up EA MMA but only if there was an online pass in it. I was debating getting NFS:HP too, but same deal, had to have an online pass.
Now, I don't really ever play games online. But if I get the itch to, I want to be able to without having to shell out another $10.
Over the weekend I bought both Ass Creed games, but figured that it was bad luck that neither had a manual. I didn't know that Brotherhood doesn't have one at the time. Was surprised that the AC2 didn't have one though.

Anyway, I had forgotten about AC2 not having one in it when I went yesterday. It turns out that none of the NFS:HP's were for sale. And none of them had any paperwork inside the cases. Okay then, I'll still get EA MMA. Well, they had one for sale, but none of the copies had manuals or online passes. I then began checking and it seems like all of the games have had their manuals removed.

I went to the counter and asked if maybe they removed them to keep them behind the register or something, but the chick there said that if the cases didn't have a manual, then they didn't have one for it. I know some people might rent and keep them, but what happened to all of their older games that did have manuals in them?

Oh well...maybe I will decide soon that EA MMA not having an online pass or manual is not a deal breaker and get it sometime anyway.

And it looks like they added some new R1G1 stickers. All of the games had old star with 'Rent One Get One' in it, but now there are additional red circular stickers that say it too. I saw Tales of Vespiria had been added to their R1G1 selection and though I should buy a second copy, so I asked again if they had gotten guidance on selling as many R1G1's as they could and she said she hadn't heard of it. Maybe they'll pile up after a while and they will be overwhelmed by the amount they have and start selling them.

I went in a little while ago and bought a near mint copy of EA MMA. Got home and entered the Online Pass to find out that it had NOT been used. :D

glad to hear people are getting some good in store deals...sorry again to everyone about the slow...or possible lack of online updating...if it keeps happening I might update the original OP...perhaps they are going to start updating things closer to thursday or friday from now on?

Got my AC: Brotherhood in yesterday. Case and disc were mint, but there was no manual. Not a big deal since I don't need to read it, but definitely hurts if I ever want to trade it off. Still, pretty happy with the purchase for the price - shipped quickly, too.

[quote name='jaso']Got my AC: Brotherhood in yesterday. Case and disc were mint, but there was no manual. Not a big deal since I don't need to read it, but definitely hurts if I ever want to trade it off. Still, pretty happy with the purchase for the price - shipped quickly, too.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure the "manual" for AC:B was just a slip of paper stating that the actual manual was in the game itself.

Ya brotherhood just had a paper telling you to stop reading it and go on the game itself. That along with the online pass things are going to become common with all the publishers in the near future I bet.

sorry everyone, but nothing new to update on this week. I know the past two weeks have been rather disappointing but hopefully they will update their online site with the drops from last week while working on some new things for the next week...

[quote name='XT14']sorry everyone, but nothing new to update on this week. I know the past two weeks have been rather disappointing but hopefully they will update their online site with the drops from last week while working on some new things for the next week...[/QUOTE]

Thanks anyway! This has definitely become my most anticipated thread update for Mondays.

Picked up EA Sports MMA for $9.99. Can't go wrong with a $10 game. Anybody think that Donkey Kong will possibly drop to $19.99? The Family Video by me has a copy for $30, but I'm still hoping for a price drop.

Any word on when the website will be updated? I've been checking like a madman to get on the NFS: Hot Pursuit for $20 to no avail. Say it ain't so man!!!

Has anyone had any issues with orders in the past two weeks?

I ordered James Bond Blood Stone and AC: Brotherhood back on April 9th, and got the ship notification for both on the 11th, and got James Bond in the mail by itself on the 15th. Been checking the mail every day and haven't seen hide nor hair of AC.

I know shipping can take up to 10 business days, but it's unusual to me that both games could ship on the same day and yet have only one show up so early. Anyone else have an issue like this? Tomorrow's the 10th day; I guess if I don't see the game tomorrow I'll call Family Video and ask about it.

[quote name='hamberger']Has anyone had any issues with orders in the past two weeks?

I ordered James Bond Blood Stone and AC: Brotherhood back on April 9th, and got the ship notification for both on the 11th, and got James Bond in the mail by itself on the 15th. Been checking the mail every day and haven't seen hide nor hair of AC.

I know shipping can take up to 10 business days, but it's unusual to me that both games could ship on the same day and yet have only one show up so early. Anyone else have an issue like this? Tomorrow's the 10th day; I guess if I don't see the game tomorrow I'll call Family Video and ask about it.[/QUOTE]

I got my copy of Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 Xbox 360 on the 10th day it shipped on the 1st and didn't get here until the 11th.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Any word on when the website will be updated? I've been checking like a madman to get on the NFS: Hot Pursuit for $20 to no avail. Say it ain't so man!!![/QUOTE]

sorry....it is so...no idea when the online crew will decide to match the store prices. If it happens again like this I may update the main post since it seems it's not been consistent. Try to contact them if you would like as they usually tell me that "sometimes the online prices do not always match the stores" but they may be more willing to get on it if others pipe up as they usually have no issue matching in the past.

[quote name='cdeener']I got my copy of Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 Xbox 360 on the 10th day it shipped on the 1st and didn't get here until the 11th.[/QUOTE]

Welps I guess I can wait until Monday; give them Friday and Saturday to get here.

[quote name='hamberger']Welps I guess I can wait until Monday; give them Friday and Saturday to get here.[/QUOTE]

Dude their shipping can take forever, ive waited half a month in some cases for games to come, but thats because they bounce the order around till someone fills it. Their Customer Service is really good and they will manually move the order around if its just been sitting there for awhile to a differnt store for fullfillment if you email. On one hand you get awsome prices for their games and most come complete. On the other hand you just have to be patient. In my opinion the good weighs out the bad.

XT14, question for you...

I see that Castlevania was removed from the original list, and while searching through the thread I am assuming the lowest it ever dropped would be $19.95 correct? I found one copy of it, but now am just wondering if I will be able to get it at that price because it is listed in-store at $29.95. I know usually I have them check the list for the correct updated master price list, but would Castlevania still be in there?

[quote name='jk5000']Dude their shipping can take forever, ive waited half a month in some cases for games to come, but thats because they bounce the order around till someone fills it. Their Customer Service is really good and they will manually move the order around if its just been sitting there for awhile to a differnt store for fullfillment if you email. On one hand you get awsome prices for their games and most come complete. On the other hand you just have to be patient. In my opinion the good weighs out the bad.[/QUOTE]

I totally understand. This isn't the first time I've ordered from them, and their shipments to me have come at the 11th hour, but this particular situation was peculiar to me because I got shipping notification for both games at the same time, yet only one showed up. But on past orders, the whole kaboodle showed up.

I can wait; I'm not poo-pooing on Family Video. Just curious. I've never had a problem with FV before and, considering what people have posted here, I'm sure I won't.

[quote name='mvp828']XT14, question for you...

I see that Castlevania was removed from the original list, and while searching through the thread I am assuming the lowest it ever dropped would be $19.95 correct? I found one copy of it, but now am just wondering if I will be able to get it at that price because it is listed in-store at $29.95. I know usually I have them check the list for the correct updated master price list, but would Castlevania still be in there?[/QUOTE]

It won't show up on the list and more then likely the employee will either tell you that its 29.95 or more likely that its not ment to be stickered for sale anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back