Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deadandbrok3n']MORE good news. Is the sticker hard to take off ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gmmr04']Very easy to come off. My Bayonetta sticker came off without a hitch.

Well worth the $19.99 w/ manual and pristine box.[/QUOTE]

Missed these comments.

It was easy to remove. Left very little residue on the disc. I was very happy with my purchase.

glad I checked to see if there were new postings...sorry but as per the last posting there is no updates this week due to a big company wide meeting (or vacation for the boss men as us peons refer to it) so I will be back next week with hopefully a good deal of updates to make up for the lack of any the past few weeks

[quote name='grinch964']Is Bayonetta sold out?[/QUOTE]

it's been a title that is OOS online recently on the famvid website. The used copies avaliable online I assume were in the low hundreds..i'm honestly surprised it was put back in stock after the first time it was taken off. If you have any local store check there, I personally just purchased my copy this past weekend at a local store, and they only had one copy left. It's been selling pretty well since it dropped a while back...good luck

yeah :( sorry on the late updates guys, I heard the above information and wanted to make sure to double check my source personally before updating here. Although I assumed they would be giving us a decent update this week due to the past couple weeks being off. I guess that will have to wait until next week. It's house cleaning this week. So the OP is now updated for the official list of what should still be on sale until the next update comes across.....so if there were any you missed, check out your family video or online store ASAP before they consolidate their list. A bit dissapointing they couldn't have at least added a few to the list while they were removing some of the older titles...but I'll be back next week of course with updates....hopefully good ones this time.

i don't think so...signs are pointing to yes...one month straight of dissapointment..as usual..will let you know if any changes come up..but think this will be a dead thread for another week...

yah another bad week...I dont know when the good news will be back, sorry everyone....I know there are definitely plans to bring things out for sale soon....I would imagine this is the most likely list of new titles to be priced http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/smartchoice_alerts.php?type=games but that's just a guess. I'll update again next week...hopefully I won't be extending the dry record here by any further weeks...

Today is a holiday so the staff that does all of the pricing updates/decisions are off today. Will be tomorrow night before they throw up a new list if there is one.

alright, not a great update, but at least it's a start back in the right direction...yes as the above poster mentioned the list was not updated monday due to holiday, which was why I was frustrated there was no update last week. Holiday updates typically do not elicit much worth attention unless it was around Christmas...so lets see if next week kicks it back into gear. Thanks for those that still keep checkin the posts each week even though I haven't had much to give you.

alright everyone...sorry it took me until tuesday for this update, but it seems we are finally back in business..not amazing additions, but relatively speaking, some decent drops this week..better late than never...lets hope they carry it on and add some good ones next week..whew was I glad to see a few for once..haha..enjoy!

Prices seem pretty decent for Assassin's Creed 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, but I should probably hold off on the sequels till I finish the originals.

I'll bite on Iron Man 2 when it hits the $10 mark -- can't imagine I'll have to wait too long :lol:

I'm definitely in for Saboteur for $10 if my local store still has a copy. I haven't been inside the store for weeks due to the lack of price drops.

Do want L4D2.

Maybe Batman too. I'm wondering if AvP is worth $20.. probably not. Gamestop is giving $25 though. Could try it and flip.

Checked mine for Saboteur today but still 19.95 but I also went like 10 minutes after they opened and they are usually good about being the same price as this thread. I'll check again tomorrow when I return what I rented.

seems like youre in the store soon anyway which is good ^^^ but if it's not changed....just ask them to scan it and say the price should drop..system should scan it in correctly..for any newer ones looking at this thread...read the faqs at the front if prices aren't what the OP says...I haven't said this in a while since there hasn't been anything to write about in a while..but just a reminder!

OH and PS for any interested, it seems the Online titles from a quick glance seem to have updated early for those ordering online!

sorry everybody..nothing this week. Lets hope they at least stick to the every other week schedule and not the month long drought as before...cya next week!

nada, sorry. I found out the reason that updates have been coming in so infrequently as of recently. They are planning on upping the store number from the currently 650 +/- to over 800 either in a year, or within this year...probably due to the hollywood video shutdown. At any rate this leaves them wanting to have extra product to give to those stores to rent out. Instead of buying more copies, they find it easier to move excess from one store to another. If you put the peices together it also means probably less for-sale titles. This of course is an assumption, but as many of you noticed is seeming to be reality. I will of course be back next week as usual to update you on any addition if they come, but wanted to let you all know why it has been slow recently.

[quote name='XT14']nada, sorry. I found out the reason that updates have been coming in so infrequently as of recently. They are planning on upping the store number from the currently 650 +/- to over 800 either in a year, or within this year...probably due to the hollywood video shutdown. At any rate this leaves them wanting to have extra product to give to those stores to rent out. Instead of buying more copies, they find it easier to move excess from one store to another. If you put the peices together it also means probably less for-sale titles. This of course is an assumption, but as many of you noticed is seeming to be reality. I will of course be back next week as usual to update you on any addition if they come, but wanted to let you all know why it has been slow recently.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully theyll open a store here in Florida. :bouncy:

I can tell you florida and colorado won't happen this year.. Colorado maybe next year but florida I would be suprised if they put any stores down there anytime in the near future. General rule of thumb is nice weather = poor movie and game rentals and florida isn't the sunshine state for no reason

Florida was an idea believe it or not. There were ideas of buying out some Hollywood video stores, but currently the ones opening in the next few months are in the current states. You can check the locate a store feature on the website to see some of the coming soon locations, they will either say coming soon on the address location or have an incomplete phone number. I can imagine people still want to see movies and rent games in florida the same as any other place...even here in ohio right now we are doing pretty well and it's 80-90 degrees everyday. Maybe it's the lack of beaches over here ;)

[quote name='XT14']Florida was an idea believe it or not. There were ideas of buying out some Hollywood video stores, but currently the ones opening in the next few months are in the current states. You can check the locate a store feature on the website to see some of the coming soon locations, they will either say coming soon on the address location or have an incomplete phone number. I can imagine people still want to see movies and rent games in florida the same as any other place...even here in ohio right now we are doing pretty well and it's 80-90 degrees everyday. Maybe it's the lack of beaches over here ;)[/QUOTE]

If Family Video is looking to buy competitors closed down stores, they should buy closed down Blockbusters. From what I've noticed, Blockbuster locations are usually superior to the locations Hollywood Video had.

Alright everyone, there are a few updates this week...1 new title each for ps3 and 360 as well as 2 price drops. Also I removed batman: AA from the 360 rack as it is sold out..so if you were interested in getting it at 19.95 still, check your store/online while supplies last because they should have all for sale stickers removed in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back