Official Final Fantasy III DS thread

If I remember correctly, which I hardly ever do, it's only the characters HP/MP that's carried from job to job. Other stats are job dependent.

So if you want to keep your HP growing, yes switch jobs. Actually if you want to hit close to 9999 HP you might want to make them all Black Belts (if you have it).

i wanna get all the jobs. and i guess to do that you gotta exchange codes and send mail to each other. if anyone wants to add me my code is 1031-8956-0621. let me know and ill add you

No, you get all the jobs by getting the power of the crystals at various points in the plot.

The MOGNET stuff simply enables you to send a "job stamp" to a friend. To send a stamp you must have reached max level in that job. The friend who gets the stamp is able to get a powerful item before maxing out the class themselves. You'll need to read a FAQ to do all this correctly.

Also sending enough MOGNET messages is the only way to unlock the super powerfull optional boss in FFIII, the Iron Giant.

[quote name='DarkKnightCecil']I think $20 is the new price cause that's how much I picked it up at GS yesterday for.[/quote]

I also saw it for $20 while browsing. Good price. I got it for $24 used a few months back.

ok, newbie here needing some general help

i'm just past the prologue as i have my first set of jobs. my party right now is a Warrior (job lvl 9), White mage (job lvl 12), Black mage (job lvl 12) and Thief (job lvl 10).

For my white mage i have cure, fire, and blizzard (i believe thats what they are). For my Black i have sleep and poison. Now, the issue is that i'm having troubles casting spells. My White mage can only cast cure, even though i have learned the other 2 and there are level 1 spells. Can someone explain why i can't cast those? My Black can cast his two spells without problem. So why can't my White cast his?

Also, i just got a quest to destroy some dragon from a sick girl who was lying in bed. Is that really the start of the story? I went to the mountain, but got quickly slammed because i can't cast any damage spells. Am i doind something wrong or missing something?

Thanks! And any other tips would be appreciated.

[quote name='noahj']ok, newbie here needing some general help

i'm just past the prologue as i have my first set of jobs. my party right now is a Warrior (job lvl 9), White mage (job lvl 12), Black mage (job lvl 12) and Thief (job lvl 10).

For my white mage i have cure, fire, and blizzard (i believe thats what they are). For my Black i have sleep and poison. Now, the issue is that i'm having troubles casting spells. My White mage can only cast cure, even though i have learned the other 2 and there are level 1 spells. Can someone explain why i can't cast those? My Black can cast his two spells without problem. So why can't my White cast his?

Also, i just got a quest to destroy some dragon from a sick girl who was lying in bed. Is that really the start of the story? I went to the mountain, but got quickly slammed because i can't cast any damage spells. Am i doind something wrong or missing something?

Thanks! And any other tips would be appreciated.[/quote]

Yeah, you're doing things wrong. White mages can only case white magic; fire and blizzard are black. Look at the icons for each spell, if it's white-white mage can cast it. Black--black mage. Check the manual (or an online guide) for what classes can do what.

If you want more advice, LMK either in a PM or here. Have fun, and if you've got access to Nintendo WFC, post your FC!

Just got this for Christmas. I'm 2-3 hours in, most of that is grinding. I have Arc with me and that's about it.

No Friend Code yet (I forget how I find this), but would love to add anyone if your willing.

Are there things I should do in the game that I could miss and not be able to do again? Also when someone joins your party, is their level determined by yours (playing FF12)?

Talk to the Mognet Moogles, and there's an option to check your friend code.

I don't think anything's missable, but I could be wrong.

Also, new members come in at a set level.

If anyone else is playing this, and wants to exchange mail, PM me and I'll add your FC. I enjoy playing for a bit then sending mail quite a bit, and would like some more FCs.

[quote name='liza2']mcelfour: I sent you a test letter.

Could anyone suggest a job line up for the beginning of the game? Thanks!

[/quote]

PM'ed regarding Mognet.

As for an early line up, I had a Red Mage for attacks and black magic, a Monk for attacks (and to start getting madly strong for later on), a White Mage for healing, and a Thief for why not?

There really isn't a set way to play, especially later on when you have more classes yet. Besides, soon you'll need to adjust your party make up for questing, etc. It won't be static, so have fun, and try out different combos to see what works for you.

Right now I have a line up of Freelancer, Red Mage, Black Mage, and a Monk. The Freelancer is almost job lvl 99. I think I will switch her to Warrior when she hits 99.

I'm grinding at Dragon's Peak.

mcelfour:
I received your message but then turned off my DS without saving. Could you resend it. I did reply.

I have added people who have posted their FC's in the past few back boards. Please add me too so I can get the Onion Knight.

FC: 446797772494

Thanks and Happy New Year!

NVM.

I keep getting errors trying to enter the friend codes listed here. Nintendo's web site sucks. Gamefaqs won't let me log in. Sarah won't respond to my friggin emails. I got all excited beating Bahamut and Leviathan only to learn that I can just buy the same spells later on. And I've just been leveling for over 6 hours now.

I'm just going to try and beat the final boss and if I fail I'm done with this game.

[quote name='jkanownik']NVM.

I keep getting errors trying to enter the friend codes listed here. Nintendo's web site sucks. Gamefaqs won't let me log in. Sarah won't respond to my friggin emails. I got all excited beating Bahamut and Leviathan only to learn that I can just buy the same spells later on. And I've just been leveling for over 6 hours now.

I'm just going to try and beat the final boss and if I fail I'm done with this game.[/quote]

I am two for three on friend codes. One person could send me messages, but their number/name was always greyed out for me. I have no idea why.

Just started playing this about 2 weeks ago. Here is my friend code.
116085762196. I added everybody on the last couple pages.

Thanks
Aaron

Man I just got spanked by the last boss. The ray attack took off 9999 off each character. I missed the four boss battles that give you the ribbons, I wonder if defeating them weakens the final boss? Anyway I just learned you can't get the masamune or the level 99 weapons for anyone unless you trade letters with friends. Anyway here is my code 498332175582. Please send me letters and I will do the same. I added everyone's code in the last couple pages as well. Thanks

Just got around to playing this after having it since Christmas 2006. I'm definitely in for trading FC's in hopes of getting the Onion Knight job.

My FC is: 236345000136.

I'll PM everyone I've added - please add me back!

Thanks.

just finished the game the other day. ended at just under 35 hours (which is normal for the game I hear). my line up was:

Arc lvl 62; job: magus lvl 35
Ingus lvl 62; job: dragoon lvl 99
Luneth lvl 62; job: warrior lvl 99
refia lvl 62; job devout lvl 35

I'll post my FC later as I'd like to do all that business to get the onion knight class for my second playthrough.

I've added three more people, two of your PM'd me. I sent two letters out. One last night and one this morning.

It's a pretty decent game. If you want to unlock everything, including some special weapons, you need to use Wi-Fi to talk to people. You're more than welcome to send me dummy messages with the game, if you want to do that, just send me a PM and I'll give you my info (and remember to check to allow you to "friend" me).

/tk

hey dudes. I'm at the final boss but after spending a few hours getting to him I got defeated so bad it felt like a physical violation. I'd like to trade some codes but I'm working on getting my Wifi working first.. i'll be back.

[quote name='Wolfkin']hey dudes. I'm at the final boss but after spending a few hours getting to him I got defeated so bad it felt like a physical violation. I'd like to trade some codes but I'm working on getting my Wifi working first.. i'll be back.[/QUOTE]

Shit.. that sucks man. I just beat the game this past weekend and the final area was brutal. It felt like it took forever to get to the final boss considering there were any save points between it and when you last save.

BTW, when you say final boss, you do know that
you're supposed to die the first time? Because I remember fighting the Void after beating Xande and dying after it's first attack --being hit for 9999 damage-- and thinking WTF?!? I almost turned off my DS but then the music started back again. There was still another hour or so before you fight the final boss for real.

No I didn't know about the 'spoiler' but I did make it past that. Jump kept that battle going a lot longer then it would have. Used a lot of items up. When I get to the boss as it stands now my crew will be all lvl 65 (probably 1-2 higher*)
L - Thief (99)
A - Dragoon (74)
R - maybe a Monk? (63) this time I might go Devout (23) (WM-44)
I - Dark Knight (99)

Um... where exactly is the point of no return. Last time I just figured I'd go for it see what happens. Now I was planning on using the tower to get about 10 levels before trying again. I think I went too far. I'm in the dark world now. *Just crossed over the mirror and noticed my Ottershroom is grey.

[quote name='Wolfkin']No I didn't know about the 'spoiler' but I did make it past that. Jump kept that battle going a lot longer then it would have. Used a lot of items up. When I get to the boss as it stands now my crew will be all lvl 65 (probably 1-2 higher*)
L - Thief (99)
A - Dragoon (74)
I - Dark Knight (99)

Um... where exactly is the point of no return. Last time I just figured I'd go for it see what happens. Now I was planning on using the tower to get about 10 levels before trying again. I think I went too far. I'm in the dark world now. *Just crossed over the mirror and noticed my Ottershroom is grey.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know. I finished the Eurika (the place you get to using the middle door of the Srycus Tower) and then came out saved. Then I started the final stretch (the door on the right in the Srycus Tower).

So did you beat the four dark crystals? I'm not sure if you have to beat the before you face the Void for the final time or not... but I'd guess you'd have to.

My party was a Ninja, Dragoon, Dark Knight and a Summoner. I had about 14 Elixers saved up, those help a lot. I also had all the summons too.

[quote name='Wolfkin']No I didn't know about the 'spoiler' but I did make it past that. Jump kept that battle going a lot longer then it would have. Used a lot of items up. When I get to the boss as it stands now my crew will be all lvl 65 (probably 1-2 higher*)
L - Thief (99)
A - Dragoon (74)
I - Dark Knight (99)

Um... where exactly is the point of no return. Last time I just figured I'd go for it see what happens. Now I was planning on using the tower to get about 10 levels before trying again. I think I went too far. I'm in the dark world now. *Just crossed over the mirror and noticed my Ottershroom is grey.[/quote]

Just as an FYI, in this game, job levels matter a LOT more than the person level, at least that's how it was in my experience.

/tk

I did make it all the way to the end
past the four dark crystals
I can always use the copy trick for more elixers but I haven't had to yet.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I did make it all the way to the end
past the four dark crystals
I can always use the copy trick for more elixers but I haven't had to yet.[/quote]

I think I stocked up on elixirs by stealing them from dragons. Dragons drop useful stuff.

/tk

I'm really not far into this at all. I just got past the Viking Cave and I'm at level 15, I'm I at a good level or should I grind up a little more? And where do I aquire more jobs? I've only got the ones you start off with...

well you haven't missed anything Ahadi you get new jobs as you progress thru the game. you don't have to do anything specific to unlock them. Except for maybe the last crystal you can't miss them.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well you haven't missed anything Ahadi you get new jobs as you progress thru the game. you don't have to do anything specific to unlock them. Except for maybe the last crystal you can't miss them.[/QUOTE]

Well thats good then. I was worried I'd miss something. I'm getting more and more hooked, but I'm seriously so mad that 4 of the 5 hours I've clocked in are grinding.

[quote name='Ahadi']Well thats good then. I was worried I'd miss something. I'm getting more and more hooked, but I'm seriously so mad that 4 of the 5 hours I've clocked in are grinding.[/QUOTE]

Get used to it... grinding is a huge part of this game. Also, you get more job classes when you free the crystals or whatever.

I got this game when it first came out and haven't really played it much, maybe il go back and play it soon.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well how far did you get LCL? did you get all four crystals before you put it on pause.[/quote]

nope i think i just got up to the second one, its a good game but iv been playing Jump! ultimate stars for months now and havn't even taken it out :drool:

i think that's the first import game I've ever tried and after an hour I could make out the gist of how the game is played but w/o being able to read anything I couildn't figure out what to do next. Looks like a fun game but I had to stop. Shame because I've always wanted a portable Smash and it would have been awesome.

bread's done
Back