Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Danil ACE']Gears needs halo's matchmaking system. Server list should stay as an option, but waiting for rooms to fill up is ANNOYING.[/quote]

Every Online Multiplayer should have Halo's Matchmaking system.

Thats right, I'm looking at you TF2.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Every Online Multiplayer should have Halo's Matchmaking system.

Thats right, I'm looking at you TF2.[/quote]

*Dreams of TF2 with no lag and better matchmaking*

Oh! I need to change my shorts!

I'm hoping they make it a little harder this time. In the first one once you got the cover system down you were good to go on any difficulty. I'm also wondering if they put new stuff in there for cover and all that. Should be cool to see some actual gameplay footage, hopefully we get something out of GDC.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Why would they make the multiplayer like Halo 3? That's not for Gears...it's for Halo 3. If you want a run and gun game then go play Halo 3, but for a more tactical title go for Gears.

Unless of course you mean Halo 3's matchmaking system...then it's ok.[/quote]

No, no, no. Why would I want a Halo clone? I just want a Halo-eque matchmaking system and maybe a COD 4 rankings system but none of that customization and unlocking crap.

[quote name='help1']maybe a COD 4 rankings system but none of that customization and unlocking crap.[/quote]

Um, isnt that what COD4's "ranking system" is?

lol

I don't want any rankings, unlocking of weapons, or anything else like that. The great thing about Gears is that it is simplistic and it should stay that way. I played Gears for the first time in a long time today and I ended up playing for over 4 hours. I think the game hooked me again and I can't wait for the sequel.

Gamepro says the best position for your 360 is upside down vertical?!? wtf

Yeah because I want to balance my 360 on its hard drive....:whistle2:s

[quote name='Danil ACE']Gamepro says the best position for your 360 is upside down vertical?!? wtf

Yeah because I want to balance my 360 on its hard drive....:whistle2:s[/quote] It allows for maximum saving efficiency.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Um, isnt that what COD4's "ranking system" is?

lol[/QUOTE]

I think he means he just wants the experience points and leveling up and earning new ranks.

But no unlocking new guns, scopes, no perks etc.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't want any rankings, unlocking of weapons, or anything else like that. The great thing about Gears is that it is simplistic and it should stay that way. [/quote]

I completely agree and hope they don't make any substantive changes to the MP. It rocked, was easy, fun and simple.

I may be partial b/c it's what I'm used to but I loved it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think he means he just wants the experience points and leveling up and earning new ranks.

But no unlocking new guns, scopes, no perks etc.[/quote]

Yup. I rather have a level playing field.

[quote name='help1']Yup. I rather have a level playing field.[/quote]

That's the one thing I don't quite understand about CoD4. I don't know about the full game as I've only played the beta, but I always thought it sucked grinding through matches against people with more advanced weaponry. Once I got a few upgrades it was fine, though.

[quote name='GTzerO']That's the one thing I don't quite understand about CoD4. I don't know about the full game as I've only played the beta, but I always thought it sucked grinding through matches against people with more advanced weaponry. Once I got a few upgrades it was fine, though.[/quote]

Well, its great for people who only play 1 or 2 games, but for people who play multiple games at a time, its quite annoying. Especially when you consider that COD4 is actually a "pick up" game that is best when played in short bursts, but the ranking system only promotes playing the game for long periods of time, thus (IMO) making it boring faster.

[quote name='help1']Well, its great for people who only play 1 or 2 games, but for people who play multiple games at a time, its quite annoying. Especially when you consider that COD4 is actually a "pick up" game that is best when played in short bursts, but the ranking system only promotes playing the game for long periods of time, thus (IMO) making it boring faster.[/QUOTE]
i completely disagree. i think cod4 is best when played for stretches with a group, cag cod4 night for example. the rankings make you play more as youre always, just a few points away from getting something.

[quote name='paz9x']i completely disagree. i think cod4 is best when played for stretches with a group, cag cod4 night for example. the rankings make you play more as youre always, just a few points away from getting something.[/quote]

Thats great. Except the game lacks a vital component of FPS' -- skill. It boils down to this: the game gets TOO much praise, as the multiplayer is just a matter of having a M16 and double tap or stopping power and running around aimlessly and the single player is short.

[quote name='help1']Thats great. Except the game lacks a vital component of FPS' -- skill. It boils down to this: the game gets TOO much praise, as the multiplayer is just a matter of having a M16 and double tap or stopping power and running around aimlessly and the single player is short.[/quote]
It's not like COD4 doesn't need any type of skill. If that was the case what would be the fun in it? I'd say the the length of Single Player is decent. What are you comparing it to? Halo 3?

[quote name='Littlefields']It's not like COD4 doesn't need any type of skill. If that was the case what would be the fun in it? I'd say the the length of Single Player is decent. What are you comparing it to? Halo 3?[/quote]

No, I usually name the things I am comparing when I compare things.

Also, you can say that anything takes skill. Taking a dump on the toilet takes skill. I think that one of the reasons call of duty is so famous is because it is so noob friendly.

Can you guys take your fucking played out COD4 v. Halo3 bullshit to a COD4 or Halo3 board? Maybe this way we can talk about Gears? Thanks.

Any of you play the new additional material for the PC. I hafta say I kind of felt slighted they didn't get this stuff for the 360.

I really do have to admit, Gamepro talked about jackshit when it game to Gears of War 2. Lame ass article. No new information - at all.

[quote name='pittpizza']Can you guys take your fucking played out COD4 v. Halo3 bullshit to a COD4 or Halo3 board? Maybe this way we can talk about Gears? Thanks.

Any of you play the new additional material for the PC. I hafta say I kind of felt slighted they didn't get this stuff for the 360.[/QUOTE]

The PC exclusive stuff is legit. I wouldn't say it's worth spending another $50 on for that alone, but it's about on par with the rest of Gears.

[quote name='help1']No, I usually name the things I am comparing when I compare things.

Also, you can say that anything takes skill. Taking a dump on the toilet takes skill. I think that one of the reasons call of duty is so famous is because it is so noob friendly.[/QUOTE]
lol, you're not good at COD4 or Halo 3.

[quote name='zewone']lol, you're not good at COD4 or Halo 3.[/quote]
lol, you're not good at everything else in life. :roll:

OH NO, I MADE FUN OF THE GAME THAT IS YOUR LIFE. Trust me, if I played video games 6 hours a day akin to your gaming habits, I would have 130-32 games more often than you. I don't even play 6 hours over the course of 2 - 3 weeks.

*waits for your self-assumed "witty" comment, thus exposing how "cool and misunderstood" you are.*

You're a fucking tool, and you know it. Oh, and if you don't respond, I am sure someone else will jump to your side. Lets see, who will it be this time? Trakan? He is just as "cool and misunderstood" as you are, I assume.

[quote name='pittpizza']Can you guys take your fucking played out COD4 v. Halo3 bullshit to a COD4 or Halo3 board? Maybe this way we can talk about Gears? Thanks.

Any of you play the new additional material for the PC. I hafta say I kind of felt slighted they didn't get this stuff for the 360.[/quote]
Hey, good idea!

[quote name='help1']lol, you're not good at everything else in life. :roll:

OH NO, I MADE FUN OF THE GAME THAT IS YOUR LIFE. Trust me, if I played video games 6 hours a day akin to your gaming habits, I would have 130-32 games more often than you. I don't even play 6 hours over the course of 2 - 3 weeks.

*waits for your self-assumed "witty" comment, thus exposing how "cool and misunderstood" you are.*

You're a fucking tool, and you know it. Oh, and if you don't respond, I am sure someone else will jump to your side. Lets see, who will it be this time? Trakan? He is just as "cool and misunderstood" as you are, I assume.

Hey, good idea![/quote]

agreed

[quote name='zewone']lol, you stink.[/quote]

Oh really? I'm surprised you even have time to take showers since gaming is your life. I guess it's easy when you don't have a real life to do what ever you wish.

Let's all hear about help1's BWALLIN' life style of bangin' bitches wit' no rubberz, stackin' mad paper, and killin' FOOs.

I was reading this thread to learn more about GoW 2 and found a bunch of flamers. Maybe I should think twice about tagging this thread ...

Here's to hoping the sequel will be announced at GDC. Maybe Epic can give us some more "story" to chew on in the single player. Also, I can't wait to read the novel coming out soon!

ALL I personally want in the sequel is an elimination (or severe reduction) of the host advantage... Obviously new weapons, maps, and game types are welcome as well :)

Microsoft's GDC keynote hasn't quite kicked off yet, but that doesn't stop the company's European public relations team from showing up VP John Schappert. Gears of War 2 is official and coming to the Xbox 360 in November. It's Xbox 360 exclusive, in case there was any doubt. We asked the North American PR team, skulking about the keynote floor about the slip up, but they had a flustered "No comment." Just hold tight, folks, we're going to see it for the first time in just a few minutes.
http://kotaku.com/358724/gears-of-war-2-coming-in-november

Thanks to Richlough for the heads up!

Nice, pics and a theme.

Wish that ''teaser trailer'' showed more. Perhaps the way Marcus shoved the chainsaw into the Locust's back will be a new death animation? : ) : )!

I cant wait for this game....This is one of the best themes out there and its freakin free. Tells you something doesnt it. The GTA 4 and GOW 2 theme are two of the best themes and they are both free

[quote name='slickkill77']I cant wait for this game....This is one of the best themes out there and its freakin free. Tells you something doesnt it. The GTA 4 and GOW 2 theme are two of the best themes and they are both free[/quote]

I loved the Live is 5ive Gears theme, but fuck that one compared to the new one.

[quote name='TFN']Someone snap shots of the pics/theme, damnit![/quote]

Uploading them now.

I like that they actualy made a nice background for the guide. They usually get lazy and dont do anything but the crimson red and gears logos look so cool

bread's done
Back