Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='Shadowedge']The new releases went live at 1:00 AM EDT this morning.

Yes, you can still ship APO addresses using first-class mail. So you know, delivery confirmation doesn't work with these addresses.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

Also one more nooby shipping question. If the weight of the item is lets say 4.5 oz. Do you round up or down in paypal?

for paypal shippinng. I have been shipping 4oz for my whole life. Havent had any problems yet... Today, someone requested Shawn Michaels Boyhood Dream from me.

[quote name='slidecage']wow seems like the good times are over with already. first week got 6 movies shipped last week matched about 24 and all Sellers Cancel noone is sending jack out anymore.

i just got matched on 2 games but why accept them when cant even get anything anymore[/QUOTE]

How the hell do 24 sellers cancel...?

I'm thinking sellers list their DVDs that are valued at 100 points and are not sending them out in hopes that the ratio of wants to haves makes them worth more points.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I'm thinking sellers list their DVDs that are valued at 100 points and are not sending them out in hopes that the ratio of wants to haves makes them worth more points.[/QUOTE]
Yea, but cancelling instead of just keeping the movies on hold moves them to the back of the queue.

[quote name='guyver2077']thanks.

Also one more nooby shipping question. If the weight of the item is lets say 4.5 oz. Do you round up or down in paypal?[/QUOTE]

I round up. You don't want a game coming back to you for incorrect postage.

So getting screwed out of Power Stone actually benefitted me. It was an obvious play to tie up queue but PS ended up dropping to 150 so I saved 50 points. I almost gave the seller a tip but the game came with some pretty good scratches so I just a left a +10.

Do you guys tip for getting new games? I know it's kind of an unwritten rule but I never tip. It seems like some people get genuinely pissed when they don't get a tip but why not sell your game on half.com or ebay if you want a premium for a sealed game. It's obvious you bought it for dirt cheap and are already making a killing on the sale. Why try to make me feel guilty for not leaving a tip? I know it seems like a dick move but I think it's a bigger dick move to expect a tip for something that may or may not exceed my expectations.

Where are this week's point drops?

Do you guys tip for getting new games? I know it's kind of an unwritten rule but I never tip. It seems like some people get genuinely pissed when they don't get a tip but why not sell your game on half.com or ebay if you want a premium for a sealed game. It's obvious you bought it for dirt cheap and are already making a killing on the sale. Why try to make me feel guilty for not leaving a tip? I know it seems like a dick move but I think it's a bigger dick move to expect a tip for something that may or may not exceed my expectations.

I always hope for a tip when I send new/sealed games out, but I rarely ever get one. I was hoping this week to get a tip for sending out a nearly-complete game to a buyer requesting "disc only", but again, I was disappointed.

As far as tips go, I've only received them for fast shipping which people really appreciate. As in, I accept a request and send it out within like 30 minutes. But i'm only really able to do this since I live 2 blocks away from a post office.

I understand wanting a tip for sending full package when disc only was requested but those people usually only care about getting a game that works.

[quote name='shieryda']Where are this week's point drops?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get an e-mail this week, so as far as I know, there weren't any. I tried to ask them through Twitter what the deal was, but they don't understand what I'm getting at.

Hey, I've known about Goozed for awhile, but only recently really looked into it.

There's alot I'm confused about. There seem to be alot of pricing discrepancies, like Fable 1 on the Xbox being more than the Lost Chapters, and I don't fully get the system of it.

Is shipping free on this site? I mean, when you send a game to them, do you have to pay anything, or do they cover it? Can they send your game back if it doesn't sell after a period of time? What sort of condition does the game have to be in to sell it? IE, disc condition, packaging, accesories etc.? How can you tell yourself when actually buying a game?

And, has anybody put together rates on how in-demand certain games are? I'm not sure how reliable Goozex's official one is.

[quote name='Dareb']Hey, I've known about Goozed for awhile, but only recently really looked into it.

There's alot I'm confused about. There seem to be alot of pricing discrepancies, like Fable 1 on the Xbox being more than the Lost Chapters, and I don't fully get the system of it.

Is shipping free on this site? I mean, when you send a game to them, do you have to pay anything, or do they cover it? Can they send your game back if it doesn't sell after a period of time? What sort of condition does the game have to be in to sell it? IE, disc condition, packaging, accesories etc.? How can you tell yourself when actually buying a game?

And, has anybody put together rates on how in-demand certain games are? I'm not sure how reliable Goozex's official one is.[/QUOTE]

All shipping is paid for by the seller. Sellers on Goozex ship directly to their buyers. There is no middleman. Point values are supposed to be determined by supply, demand, and original MSRP. Fable was $49.99 and The Lost Chapters was $19.99, thus the discrepancy there.

[quote name='shieryda']Where are this week's point drops?

I always hope for a tip when I send new/sealed games out, but I rarely ever get one. I was hoping this week to get a tip for sending out a nearly-complete game to a buyer requesting "disc only", but again, I was disappointed.[/QUOTE]

if you follow the pattern (what is 90% right since it started about 2 years back)

Price drop was to happen weds ..... happens this week tuesday but with no price drop last week who knows when now

Fellow CAGs, I need your input on this. I recently left negative feedback for a game (Magna Carta) that I thought wasn't going to show up. However, I always give the person the benefit of the doubt. The message in the comment was I'd reverse the feedback when I got the game.

Fast forward to yesterday, the game came but I wasn't around until after the dispute closed without him disputing it (I have no idea why). Knowing you can still reverse after the fact, I decided to shoot Goozex an e-mail in the morning.

So, I get up and notice this little gem in my inbox.

thanks for the negative feedback douchebag.
i sent you the game.
hope you and your loved ones get aids.

I now turn to you, fellow CAGs. Should I do the right thing and reverse feedback, or should I let this creep enjoy his comeuppance?

[quote name='Shady3011']Fellow CAGs, I need your input on this. I recently left negative feedback for a game (Magna Carta) that I thought wasn't going to show up. However, I always give the person the benefit of the doubt. The message in the comment was I'd reverse the feedback when I got the game.

Fast forward to yesterday, the game came but I wasn't around until after the dispute closed without him disputing it (I have no idea why). Knowing you can still reverse after the fact, I decided to shoot Goozex an e-mail in the morning.

I now turn to you, fellow CAGs. Should I do the right thing and reverse feedback, or should I let this creep enjoy his comeuppance?[/QUOTE]

How long did you wait for the game to arrive after he said he shipped it?

I kinda wish I had waited an extra week to request Fallout 3, since it dropped another 50 points. Oh well. I'm having a blast playing it. What's crazy is how "expensive" the add-on discs are on Goozex.

[quote name='shieryda']How long did you wait for the game to arrive after he said he shipped it?[/QUOTE]

I waited almost the full three weeks before leaving feedback. I almost forgot to do it until Goozex reminded me about it this past weekend. He also didn't give me a heads up it was shipping late or any kind of tracking info. I was just covering my bases.

[quote name='Shady3011']I waited almost the full three weeks before leaving feedback. I almost forgot to do it until Goozex reminded me about it this past weekend. He also didn't give me a heads up it was shipping late or any kind of tracking info. I was just covering my bases.[/QUOTE]

Man, I don't know. You did receive the disc, so I think I'd leave a neutral, rather than a negative. Don't worry about replying to that guy's message. He's just being a jerk.

[quote name='Shady3011']Fellow CAGs, I need your input on this. I recently left negative feedback for a game (Magna Carta) that I thought wasn't going to show up. However, I always give the person the benefit of the doubt. The message in the comment was I'd reverse the feedback when I got the game.

I now turn to you, fellow CAGs. Should I do the right thing and reverse feedback, or should I let this creep enjoy his comeuppance?[/QUOTE]

Reverse the feedback, and report the user to Goozex.

[quote name='Doomstink']All shipping is paid for by the seller. Sellers on Goozex ship directly to their buyers. There is no middleman. Point values are supposed to be determined by supply, demand, and original MSRP. Fable was $49.99 and The Lost Chapters was $19.99, thus the discrepancy there.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. But again, how much does the shipping usually cost? Could someone answer my other questions?

[quote name='depascal22']So getting screwed out of Power Stone actually benefitted me. It was an obvious play to tie up queue but PS ended up dropping to 150 so I saved 50 points. I almost gave the seller a tip but the game came with some pretty good scratches so I just a left a +10.
[/QUOTE]

There were scratches on the disc? I don't remember seeing any before I sent it out; I hope everything's kosher.

[quote name='Dareb']Ah, thanks. But again, how much does the shipping usually cost? Could someone answer my other questions?[/QUOTE]

I usually ship all of my games in a bubble mailer using First Class and it comes out to $1.90. I usually only add shipping confirmation if it's a new user or someone who has had negative feedback.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Reverse the feedback, and report the user to Goozex.[/QUOTE]

how do you reverse feedback... same happen to me last year (dont know if the person ever got their points but mine was like 5 weeks after they said they sent it) it was only a 100 pt game though

Goozex is a good place though right? I've been looking it up this morning and I keep on running into bad users lists. But those guys are a dime a dozen though right?

I suppose I need some reassurance because I signed up last night, and already sent out my first game this morning.

It is a good site if you work the system. 1000 points is $50, so value the games around that including shipping fees. Keep in mind the $1 charge to accept games. So if you see a 1000 point game think to yourself "is there a place I can get this for less than $51 shipped?"

I know a lot of the users there do not equate points with money, but the thing is, since you can buy points on the site, they DO have a dollar value. People just do not understand.

Curious what the CAG community thinks of a trade and feedback I left today. I got a 360 game sent to me, full package. When the game came, it was not in an XBox 360 case and was from Hollywood Video with on of their own inserts in it. I left neutral feedback claiming that the game did not come full package since I didn't get the right insert.
A little nit-picky maybe, but I'm anal and it annoyed me. I'll let the CAGs be my court of public approval. Was I justified?

Yes you were. I requested a complete RS Vegas CE and even PMd the user to make sure it came with everything. Well, when I got it, there was no slip cover. So I had to spend my own money to mail it back

[quote name='Porksta']It is a good site if you work the system. 1000 points is $50, so value the games around that including shipping fees. Keep in mind the $1 charge to accept games. So if you see a 1000 point game think to yourself "is there a place I can get this for less than $51 shipped?"

I know a lot of the users there do not equate points with money, but the thing is, since you can buy points on the site, they DO have a dollar value. People just do not understand.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I sent over Scribblenauts. Paid like $25 for it at Amazon, and I should be getting 750 points for it. Which is enough for a copy of Gran Turismo for the PSP(which retails for $40). So, I at least should be getting a good deal.

And what's going live tomorrow?

[quote name='eddie291']Good to know. I sent over Scribblenauts. Paid like $25 for it at Amazon, and I should be getting 750 points for it. Which is enough for a copy of Gran Turismo for the PSP(which retails for $40). So, I at least should be getting a good deal.

And what's going live tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

good luck getting someone to send you Gran turismo anytime soon

Alright everyone, I have a problem that I could use some advice on. I just received a blu-ray movie from a Goozex member in what has to be the crappiest packaging I've ever seen. It came it manila envelope that was folded over and taped up numerous times, and because of this the movie is in terrible condition. The case is cracked, even broken in some places, the outer plastic is ripped, and the cover insert is torn. The discs look alright, but I still don't want to accept this. Should I leave a negative, or should I contact a moderator over there first?

[quote name='slidecage']good luck getting someone to send you Gran turismo anytime soon[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know. The game officially came out yesterday so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm seeing some progress though. Was 22nd in line yesterday, now 17th.

I guess the only movies trading well on Goozex are Blu-Rays? I have 3 DVD's in my offer queue that I'm No. 1 in (Superman/Doomsday, Desperate Housewives Season 1, and History of the Chicago Bears) and two others that are under the 10th spot in the queue (XMen 1.5 and XMen 2) are they've been stagnant.

Meanwhile in my request queue I'm first in line for Superman: The Movie in HD-DVD and that hasn't done anything either.

All of the above examples are for the entire time Goozex has been doing movie trades.

[quote name='eddie291']Yeah, I know. The game officially came out yesterday so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm seeing some progress though. Was 22nd in line yesterday, now 17th.[/QUOTE]

wonder how many people r going to be trying to sell a copy of the download .... i got it yesterday off gamefly and did not care for it.. Tossed it back in the mail today to get A WITCHS tale ds shipped to me as soon at it releases weds

about Desperate Housewives Season 1 you have to the op 2 up..... I might requst it if it falls to 150 or 100...

i mostly been waiting for box sets for fall between 100 to 150 to pick them up.

box sets picked up for pts

cobsy show season 1 1oo pts
cobsy show season 2 (still waiting was shipped friday) 100pts
4400 season 1 100 pts
4400 season 2 150 pts
boomtown season 1 150
wings season 1 and 2 150
wings season 3 150
friends season 2 150
full house season 1 150
chramed season 2 150
hunter 150 season 1 150
king of queens season 1 150
king of the hill season 3 150
dinosuars season 1 and 2 200 pts
unsloved mysters ghost 4 dvd pack 100 pts (CHEAP XMAS GIFT) they wanted this for years
Darma and greg 200 pts

waiting (Says shipped but never got yet)
chris angle mindfreak season 2 100 pts (again will be a cheap gift)
CSI season 3 150 pts (again xmas gift)
scrubs season 2 100 pts

about 2500 PTS spend.... i can get those 2500 pts back very easy... say i toss some games

Mario 800 pts
scriblenuts 700pts
Kingdom hears 800 pts would be 2300pts so almost a even swap

mario paid 20 (after all gift cards) nuts paid 15 after all gift cards) Hearts paid 15 after all gift cards

so 50 bucks out of pocket for 19 dvd box sets that is about 2.50 per box set NICE

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']I guess the only movies trading well on Goozex are Blu-Rays? I have 3 DVD's in my offer queue that I'm No. 1 in (Superman/Doomsday, Desperate Housewives Season 1, and History of the Chicago Bears) and two others that are under the 10th spot in the queue (XMen 1.5 and XMen 2) are they've been stagnant.

Meanwhile in my request queue I'm first in line for Superman: The Movie in HD-DVD and that hasn't done anything either.

All of the above examples are for the entire time Goozex has been doing movie trades.[/QUOTE]

From my experience , while most of the dvds that I have listed that are "regular" movies (men in black , x-men , ect.) seem to not be moving at all , ones I have listed that are more niche titles (disney movies , wrestling shows) seem to be moving better. I've also noticed that many of the dvds that I've been sending out seem to be requested by more canadians. Take that for what you will.

Easy/obvious way to look at it , blus are more popular for requesting , but have smaller supply , dvds have much larger supply due to age/popularity , but not as many people want them.

Edit: Decided to add some info. These are all the movies I've sent out since Goozex started listing them.
:dvd:X-Men 2
:dvd:Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian
:dvd:Pirates of the Caribbean : Lost Disc 3 disk set
:dvd:The Ugly Dachsund
:dvd:Disney Classic Cartoon Favorites Starring Chip and Dale
:dvd:Sword in the Stone
:dvd:The Nightmare Before Christmas (old special edition version)
:dvd:Wall-E
:dvd:Ghostbusters
:dvd:Fullmetal Alchemist : Season 2 Part 2

I can also list the movies I've received for further comparison if anyone wants to know.

My overall goozex experience is pretty good. Received plenty of game and my MW2 for 360 is at queue 45 already. I even received the lotr: TTT 4 dvd collection edition got 100 point.

[quote name='mis0']We should try to coordinate trades here on the forums so we can get matched up with each other.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't it just be easier to trade with each other through here instead of hoping for a match on Goozex?

[quote name='icedrake523']Wouldn't it just be easier to trade with each other through here instead of hoping for a match on Goozex?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Some people might feel safer having Goozex be the arbiter during the transaction. Also, the trade can be done with Goozex points which is great for those who have different values for them. I think it'd be cool if there was a master thread for people who have games they are "first in line" for. For example, I have a couple DVD's up for trade going for a 100 points on Goozex that I'm next in line for. Maybe someone will think they're a good value and would want to snatch it up? They can be assured it's being traded by a fellow CAG and not risk the possibility of getting a badly conditioned or incomplete good. I dunno.. I think it's a good idea. I feel like there are a lot of benefits if we could coordinate this with just a few downsides. :cold:

bread's done
Back