Official Haze Discussion Thread

wow, i need to read that review. I just looked at the score and was surprised at how low it was. This is probably decide if I take this off gamefly or not.

Wow. All this wait for Haze and we might end up getting a steaming pile of crap. Nice.

I guess that review isn't too surprising when I take the demo into account. Since it was getting high marks from those other mags, I figured it would pick up in the full game. Now I don't think it's really even worth a rental. There are plenty of other mediocre FPS to play.

Really disappointing.

I was guessing a 6 or 7 for a score. A 4.5 is really low. Hopefully it will cheap pretty quick I'm still interested no matter if it got a 1.5. The reason is I don't really have any other good games to play anyway. :lol:

What are you guys talking about? IGN gave it a 9.0.

2r6fjw8.gif

[quote name='dallow']What are you guys talking about? IGN gave it a 9.0.

2r6fjw8.gif
[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's awesome.

[quote name='zewone']I called this shit months ago.[/QUOTE]

As did I. Free Radical should have just gone straight to TS4, rather than this folly.

Free Radical should just give up.

They still rely on goldeneye to give them publicity.

Goldeneye sucks so much now.

Goldeneye was brilliant for its time as the first successful console FPS.

However, I do agree that they're somewhat behind the times.

I actually think they should go back and try to make an FPS in a different style, one that's more like Goldeneye that relies not on pixel perfect aiming, where the auto aim is always on and you see your arm aiming at enemies, but retains the Goldeneye/Metroid Prime style controls for more casual gamers.

Looks like i WILL NOT be picking up this title, after so many delays, to me this game never existed, and the negative reviews it just doesnt cut it for me.

[quote name='InuFaye']Free Radical should just give up.

Goldeneye sucks so much now.[/QUOTE]

????

I can understand aboui stating golden-I sucks, but I still say Timesplitters is a damn good franchise and series. heck, I liked it more than golden-aih ever.

X-Play on G4 just gave Haze a 2 out of Five . I think I will return my preorder before I open it. I will rebuy when the price is less then $25.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']????

I can understand aboui stating golden-I sucks, but I still say Timesplitters is a damn good franchise and series. heck, I liked it more than golden-aih ever.[/QUOTE]
Your posts consistently hurt my brain.

[quote name='InuFaye']Free Radical should just give up.

Goldeneye sucks so much now.[/QUOTE]

No, fanboys won't stop talking about Goldeneye. I haven't seen a label on the Haze package that says "From the Makers of Goldeneye 007!".

Timesplitters is a great series with very unique shooting scenarios due to all the different time periods. It's likely that one of the reasons we have Haze instead of TS4 is because Free Radical would get slammed for not being "innovative".

[quote name='fire17']X-Play on G4 just gave Haze a 2 out of Five . I think I will return my preorder before I open it. I will rebuy when the price is less then $25.[/quote]

Yeah, you know something is wrong when there's a guy getting stuck in the wall of a helicopter in the review.

Check out the video review on their site:
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/

Just looking at the bugs during the review, I wonder why didn't Ubisoft just delay or cancel this? I mean, they're delaying the new Splinter Cell on the 360(supposedly) cause it needs to be reworked, so why couldn't Haze get some more time? At this point, it's going to flop hard and cost them a lot of money.

Ahw, it always sucks to see a game do bad. You spend so much time working on a game and then everyone goes, "It's crap!" Must be a terrible feeling.

I actually was surprised by the demo, I enjoyed the movement of the character. It felt more fluid then most Fps'.

Wait, just because a couple of reviews came out this game sucks?

I'm picking this game up because I liked the demo and I had a ton of fun with it. Reviews be damned.

[quote name='Unickuta']Wait, just because a couple of reviews came out this game sucks?

I'm picking this game up because I liked the demo and I had a ton of fun with it. Reviews be damned.[/QUOTE]

Fight the power!

The reviews are a lot worse than I thought they'd be. Still, $30-$40 and I'll get it...which shouldn't be very long since it's an Ubisoft game.

[quote name='Unickuta']Wait, just because a couple of reviews came out this game sucks?

I'm picking this game up because I liked the demo and I had a ton of fun with it. Reviews be damned.[/quote]

More than a couple reviews are out and the best word I've seen used to describe this game is average. There are videos up on G4, You Tube, etc showing off glitches, muddy graphics and broken AI. Impressions thread over at NeoGaf has one poster saying if you wander into the wrong part of the map you fall out of the game world and die.

I was looking forward to this game as well but all signs point to it being a sub par effort. If you buy the game now and enjoy it then good for you. Personally, with everything I've seen so far, I'm not interested in paying full price for this game.

Was hoping this would be good. guess I'll just skip it. Didn't expect tens but decent scores, 7/10 or so. Is the MP also just as bad? I was hoping that would be good enough for me to consider. Oh well. Just have to wait for MGS.

this game is not worth a purchase at least for $60 in my opinion. The game play isn't as smooth as most other FPS, and the voice acting and comments from the characters are just out of place. Graphics aren't that impressive as many other games out there on PS3 and 360. The story seems boring so far, and the reviews say it only gets worst. I am glad I rented it instead. I would only get this game if you have money to blow, and really need a new gaming fix otherwise save your money for Metal Gear Solid 4. Rent it or wait for a price drop, this one should hit $30 or less by the end of summer

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Is the Gamestop Haze Promo guarantee still in effect for our Canadian friends?[/quote]

Yep, according the EB canada site, the offer won't expire until 5/30(next friday).

I just find it funny if they took it down though. Because the promo on the site says "We're so confident that you will love this game, we're willing to give you a full in-store trade credit within one week of purchase". Considering how bad the bugs are that the reviews are pointing out, no one will love this game.

[quote name='help1']I am really disappointed with Free Radical. This game is being torn apart.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I love Free Radical, I can't believe they screwed up this badly.

I got this from Gamefly and I had to stop once they introduce flamethrowers in the single-player campaign, then throw you into a small room full of them. It's cool and all that you need to shake the controller to put out the flames, but when you're doing that constantly through a room, it's not very fun. That and the issue of teammates constantly dieing and having to take on groups of enemies you can't see without Nectar is another issue. It just seems like the game's made for co-op and not so much single-player. The game's not bad, but there's nothing really spectacular about the game that makes it stand out. Also, if I had no idea what's come out for the PS3 so far and that Haze just released, I'd have guessed that this was a launch title for the PS3. The visuals don't really seem to even be up to par with the PS3 games that came out six months ago, let alone with MGS4 on the horizon this year.

Is anybody that has game up for some Co-op?

Why's this game getting such terrible reviews? I've played the demo and watched GT Review so I don't really know 100%. But the game looks pretty decent. And the graphics in some parts are actually pretty good. And playing from both sides seems pretty neat.

And the demo seemed pretty solid, the shooting was pretty nice and the movement was fluid. I can tell the story and characters suck, but the game doesn't seem all the bad. Plus all the added modes ect. seem to make it a solid C or B.

So what is the biggest reason why this game is a 4/10 ect? I have to be missing something here.

Just because. This game is on par with the crappiness that was Perfect Dark Zero, they share a lot of the same faults.

I suspect Haze would have scored higher had it been released well before more recent FPS offerings. Probably earlier last year rather than early 2008.

It's fair to compare games of similar genres, but even then reviewers went a little too far in panning this game, I think. It's a 6 average whereas most places make it sound like it's utter crap dpwn in the 4 average.

It's definitely not worth $60 to me, but from what my other friends say, it's a blast in 4 player co-op, still fun to play the campaign in spurts, and the multiplayer works well. But, it should drop in price quickly, when it goes below CoD4's price it should be worth buying. Right now I'll rent it for co-op with friends.

I did not dig the demo at all. I did not see the point of the nectar. The enemies looked pretty boring, and the level was just average. I might rent the game to play co-op with a friend, but I can never see myself paying $60 for this.

[quote name='Blackout542']I did not dig the demo at all.[/quote]

Same here. I thought the demo was horrible. I think the demo came out at the same time Bourne came out and that one (to me) blew this one out of the water.

I just finished it tonight. It was short, and the level design is pretty bad, but all in all, I think it was easily worth the $8 i paid to rent it.

My biggest complaint was not knowing where I was supposed to go. Its bad when the frustration doesn't come from the gunfights, its falling off a cliff when the game points you in the wrong direction.

Free Radical can apparently only create games if motivated by humor....

I would love to see this much scoffed at flamethrower animation.

[quote name='strayfoxx']Free Radical can apparently only create games if motivated by humor....
[/quote]

Second Sight is my favorite game on the original Xbox and it's not humorous.

Maybe they can only create good shooters that rely heavily on humor?

Did anyone purchase this with the price drop this week? I just bought it yesterday and was wondering if anyone would be interested in setting up a co-op session over the weekend. Thanks send me a PM if you are interested.

It's on sale I think, so it will probably go back up. It's an Ubisoft game though, so you never know.

Also I went out to buy this yesterday and Best Buy, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart were all sold out. I guess they should have released this at $40 to begin with.

Just got back from holidays and had this game in mail from Goozex. It goes back to goozex in a week, so I am going to play it all week. I played a couple hours last night. Driving parts are terrible. Fighting feels generic. I don't have a problem with dialog like some people do. People talk over the top, because that is supposed to the nectar culture.

One thing that is really annoying, is once I am on fire, I can't "shake it out". I am nearly giving myself a concussion shaking the fucking controller, and nothing happens except my health keeps draining. Not sure what the problem is there.

Having said that I think the co-op could be fun. If anyone want's to do some co-op this week, PM me, or add me (and mention haze in friend request).

~S

bread's done
Back