Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by my store again and it looks like they really aren't having the sale, which is strange because they had it the past 2 times it was on.

They also said that they were selling their rental games, but there was no discount and they appeared to be still renting them out. Does this mean the store is closing or what's the deals?

Checked out 3 local HWV -
One had nothing of interest.
The 2nd was closed down as of 11/27.
The 3rd, I scored Halo 3, Halo Wars, and Fallout 3 (PS3).

Thanks OP!!!

I was cleaning the package of Super Paper Mario (removing the tag on the outside, and the one on the inside) and when I looked at the instruction manual, it had the original receipt in it for 49.99 from Gamestop. LOL

This may be a stretch, but has anyone tried taking the games from Game Crazy over to the adjacent Hollywood Video, presenting the coupon code, and seeing if the employee can get it to work?

I am VERY interested to see if that would work, as I don't have a non-GC HWV within about 30 miles of my house. Would someone please try and post your results here? I'd really appreciate it- and if it works, MANY CAGs will. :D

Looks like the stores in Austin and Cedar Park, Tx. have been locked down for month now for non-payment of rent. No deals for me! :(

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']This may be a stretch, but has anyone tried taking the games from Game Crazy over to the adjacent Hollywood Video, presenting the coupon code, and seeing if the employee can get it to work?

I am VERY interested to see if that would work, as I don't have a non-GC HWV within about 30 miles of my house. Would someone please try and post your results here? I'd really appreciate it- and if it works, MANY CAGs will. :D[/QUOTE]

i dont think it would work cuz the games are behind the GC counters, so u would have to buy the from GC to get the game, i dont know how it is at ur store but at my local GC, there are just empty cases with the cover and manual, once u buy the game, u get the actual disc

GREAT STORY HERE.

went early this morning, and few titles from each system alot of MNC, but I found Resistance 2 mint and Vampire Chronicles mint, no crappy HV cover. When I got up to the reg, she couldn't find VC and apologized so jokingly I said well I would take Batman AA PS3 mint in its place, she said I can't let it go for 4.99 but make an offer, I said 14.99 she said ok, went up the street and traded R2 with $5 coup for $12, so basically Batman only costed me $9. They did have MW2 for 49.99 also, I thought about going back tomorrow and try to barter for that one. I love caggin.

Well, all three of the HWV I went to today had had stuff brought in from Gamecrazy stores, including my local one which failed to do so last time so I skipped them initially. So while I was getting some good stuff 20 miles away I missed the good stuff 1/2 mile from my house. Oh well, I still scored a Sacred 2 and RE5 from there 3 hours after they opened so that's not too bad.

I got to the first store about 30 minutes after they opened and was disheartened to see a guy with 3 huge bags leaving the store. The girl working there told me there was a line in the AM and several people had been through. Much to my surprise, though, I was still able to get several things there including Fallout 3. It was in a HWV case but I convinced her to swap it with the rental display case (which was the real one) so yay me! She said they got in about 500 games from a couple of GC stores. I completely forgot to look in the DS section (in the case) which I'm really regretting because I remember they had some nice stuff there last time and the second HWV I went to had more.

At this second store they had specifically tried to get more DS games from GC but got shot down on a lot of it. Still, I got Ghostbusters, Brain Age, Mario Hoops, FF XII Revenant Wings, and a few others.

I wish I had known about Resistance 2 earlier because I'm sure I saw that tagged at the $34.99 at the first two stores but hadn't read here yet that it qualified. It was gone from my local store by the time I got there.

Prototype seems to have gone up in price. It was tagged and scanned $34.99 at the first store. At the second they had one marked $19.99 but it also rang up $34.99 - they overrode it and gave it to me for $4.99 which was nice. But it definitely qualified last time.

And Animal Crossing and Star Ocean are still $34.99.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I won't even be trying this time, I have a bad feeling you vultures stole everything decent...:fridge:[/QUOTE]

I was not a vulture(this time). I left that up to my 'friend' and the fuckin' hoarder who was following me from one store to the next.:lol:

And if you haven't played it yet, IO, get Red Faction for 360(it qualifies) as it's one of the better action-y games out for the home consoles.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was not a vulture(this time). I left that up to my 'friend' and the fuckin' hoarder who was following me from one store to the next.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Your "friend" I imagine was taking a whole lot, weren't you...oh, I mean...wasn't your friend?:lol:

I heard about the hoarder following you, had I been able to do earlier that would have been me :rofl:

[quote name='pun123']GREAT STORY HERE.

went early this morning, and few titles from each system alot of MNC, but I found Resistance 2 mint and Vampire Chronicles mint, no crappy HV cover. When I got up to the reg, she couldn't find VC and apologized so jokingly I said well I would take Batman AA PS3 mint in its place, she said I can't let it go for 4.99 but make an offer, I said 14.99 she said ok, went up the street and traded R2 with $5 coup for $12, so basically Batman only costed me $9. They did have MW2 for 49.99 also, I thought about going back tomorrow and try to barter for that one. I love caggin.[/QUOTE]

Since when do they barter on games? I wish I didn't have such uptight employees at..well, every store I go to.

2 of the 3 stores near me are "outlet stores" so they said they didn't participate in the deal. They did on black Friday though. Weird

[quote name='aleraiders']i dont think it would work cuz the games are behind the GC counters, so u would have to buy the from GC to get the game, i dont know how it is at ur store but at my local GC, there are just empty cases with the cover and manual, once u buy the game, u get the actual disc[/QUOTE]
Yeah... You're probably right. And I have an idea of what could happen, but it's bad. Pipe Mania bad. So I'll stop there.

And what's this I hear about HWV stores being stocked from Game Crazy stores? Can the sale be on in stores that have a GC in them? O_O

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Your "friend" I imagine was taking a whole lot, weren't you...oh, I mean...wasn't your friend?:lol:

I heard about the hoarder following you, had I been able to do earlier that would have been me :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I actually thought about grabbing the two copies of Red Faction for 360 that the hoarder grabbed because I was there about 10-15 minutes before he even got there. But since I don't have a 360, I would've been putting them up on my TL for others to grab from me for about a week.

If they didn't sell or trade in that time, then they'd go to TRU(for $15 each) and I'd be no better than the hoarder or my 'friend'.

I'm trying to only grab stuff I'll actually play anymore and not wasting money on crap just to flip.

Now, if there were some better flips at those stores and the local GS stores didn't start charging fees for incomplete games now, I might've considered it.

My haul:
:360:
Fallout 3 - multiple copies
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

:ps3:
Fallout 3 x multiple copies
Resistance 2 x multiple copies
Call of Juarez x 2

:ds:
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

:gc:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess x 2
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

:ps2:
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Director's Cut)

Thanks OP for the heads up!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Since when do they barter on games? I wish I didn't have such uptight employees at..well, every store I go to.[/QUOTE]

Like I said I was shocked I didn't think they bartered either, when I said it was as a joke then she says make me an offer, if she was cute, might have been a different offer, but Batman AA was a way better deal trust me on that one. as I said might try to go back tomorrow and barter for MW2.

[quote name='pun123']Like I said I was shocked I didn't think they bartered either, when I said it was as a joke then she says make me an offer, if she was cute, might have been a different offer, but Batman AA was a way better deal trust me on that one. as I said might try to go back tomorrow and barter for MW2.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: If that weak Batman game was a better deal then her, that must have been some kind of ugly woman!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

If you think you can barter (I would just keep going to the same girl to barter), then go ahead and try. You may have yourself a great gig over at that store.

Guitar Hero Metallica which is listed in the 1st post as qualifying is actually $34.99 when rung up at the register -- so it does not in fact qualify.

daminion: YMMV on all of the prices. Some stores will have those that "don't qualify" priced lower so they do qualify, and vice versa. That's why Dawn put YMMV in the OP for all the prices.

Just got back from the Loughborough store in St. Louis. They were pretty much cleaned out and I walked out with nothing but I did see...

:ps3: Fallout 3 3 copies
:360: Street Fighter IV 1 copy
:360: Tomb Raider Underworld 1 copy
:360: Fallout 3 3 copies

I visited a couple stores tonight, I picked up the following, all complete in original cases -

PS3 -

Fallout 3

360 -

Red Faction Guerrilla
Bigs 2

Wii -

Bigs 2

Passed over a ton of good stuff because it wasn't complete. Saw 6 copies of Resistance 2 at one store, but none had manuals, so I passed.

For you flippers, Red Faction Guerilla 360 & Bigs 2 Wii look to be good Amazon flips. Red Faction currently gets $17.75 and Bigs 2 Wii gets $17.00!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']daminion: YMMV on all of the prices. Some stores will have those that "don't qualify" priced lower so they do qualify, and vice versa. That's why Dawn put YMMV in the OP for all the prices.[/QUOTE]

that's true, during the last sale I saw SF4 posted for 17.99 used at one store, then at another it was 49.99.

Just went to my Movie gallery and they had nothing left worth getting. The guy told me a guy bought 300 of the games on BF weekend.Talk about hoarding. That just sucked.

i went, they said the deal didn't work yet because they did not get the barcodes. i asked the guy to key in the code at the top of this thread and it worked. got re5 for 4.99

RE5 is a great game for personal use, but I don't know how much it gets for flips? It is heavily discounted everywhere (Gamefly just had it for $15 I think it was).

Woo Hoo, got Valkyria Chronicles. Have had my eye on that forever. Also picked up Fallout 3 for 360, and Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Alma for DS. Not too bad.

HWV Sale take 3!!

I think on this trip the third time was a charm. I had to drive over 80 miles to finish the trip but well worth it. I called ahead yesterday to ensure the stores I went to were open still and that they were doing deals as not to waste a trip. The girl who answered the phone said yes they were and they had just got in over 400 new titles to put out for sale . I hit 4 stores about 20 miles apart each but here is what I found.

Xbox 360
Afro Sam. , Burnout P, Ninja Gai 1 & 2,Velvet Assassin,Too Human,Red Fact Gur, 50 cent blood, Phantasy Star, Sonic Ultimate collection & my best hauls MK vs DC, LOTR Conquest & Sacred 2

PS3
Resistance 2, Mirrors edge

DS
Zelda PH, Prof Layton Dia box, Animal Crossing

Psp
Patapon, SW Battlefront 2

Wii
Sonic Black Knight,Donkey Kong Barrel, Metal Slug, Res evil umb chronicles, Tales of Symphonia & Super Paper Mario.

What makes this even better is all this was purchased using GC gift cards from the credit from alll the other great deals I have found the last month or two. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

The clerks at two stores told me that they are getting more games soon from all the local closed stores to sell. So those of you who didn't find much good Luck it may not be too late.:lol:

P.S. I think I saw CAG in full force today so many people to compete with when i was in each store early this morning.

I got Fallout 3 for both systems (1 copy). And thats it from one store. I didn't bother driving to any others. I noticed their best games are the ones locked behinde the glass cabinet...I only wonder how long these stores have left and what will happen to the new sealed games and rentals?

I dunno why those PSP games are even on the list, heh.

[quote name='UnknownAssassin']I picked up Left 4 Dead. Also, Vegas CAG'ers, The Durango store is closed (Lease sign is up). However, the Buffalo store has a couple good titles left.

Note: Make sure you ask the employee about other games in the drawers because that's where L4D was (not on the shelf).[/QUOTE]

You should have gone down to the highlands store, when I called the day prior they seemed to have several good titles. I didn't bother with that one. None of them had PunchOut used (several new), thats the only title I really wanted.

[quote name='BigTex1979']I'm interested to know, from GC/HWV/MG employees that are posting here ... what's the criteria for selecting what rentals get marked for sale, and whose call is it?[/QUOTE]

It is corporates call on when and which games we drop from being a rental copy to selling used. They usually will drop games when we have a ton of copies and they are being moved to the "older" section which takes about 2-6 months depending on the game. However, before they drop these multiple copies, they of course get rented and a lot never return. Don't ask me why...they obviously go to collections. So, fewer copies to sell used because we need to at least keep one rental copy...they make more money renting it out over n' over than one flat purchase. So it is very hard to convince a mgr or even shift leader to rental sale to you. Like you said, hardly anyone in the store...less transactions, easier for corp to keep an eye on us.

[quote name='schnitzelg']Stopped by my store again and it looks like they really aren't having the sale, which is strange because they had it the past 2 times it was on.

They also said that they were selling their rental games, but there was no discount and they appeared to be still renting them out. Does this mean the store is closing or what's the deals?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a version of a soon to be closing store. One of the locations I worked at about 3 years ago starting selling off their rentals even while still fully functional and renting things out. Us, employees, just thought it was something new they were offering...eh, no... six weeks later we were closed.

[quote name='Dhuk']
I dunno why those PSP games are even on the list, heh.[/QUOTE]

Um...well some stores were shipped used psp games from GC and some CAGers have found them. Plus people do trade games into hwv as well.

So, I went to my closest store at opening this morning (11am est) and the only discs of note they had were :360: Assassin's Creed and :360: Prototype. I was happy until the guy behind the counter said:

1) The deal wasn't supposed to start yet (he said he had to take down signage).
2) Prototype was mis-labelled (it was 19.99)...he said it was $34.99.

I was skeptical that he was sandbagging me, to get to buy them himself later, but he said he would put my name and number on them for when they came on sale. He also offered to sell me AC for the $5 for my troubles, but he couldn't give me Prototype. I was so flustered I walked away (which I regret now).

[quote name='super_dawn']Um...well some stores were shipped used psp games from GC and some CAGers have found them. Plus people do trade games into hwv as well.[/QUOTE]

Someone found the new PSP assasin's creed used? really? Thats some luck. I heard the Avatar game was pure crap.

[quote name='daminion']Guitar Hero Metallica which is listed in the 1st post as qualifying is actually $34.99 when rung up at the register -- so it does not in fact qualify.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me.

[quote name='donniedroc']So, I went to my closest store at opening this morning (11am est) and the only discs of note they had were :360: Assassin's Creed and :360: Prototype. I was happy until the guy behind the counter said:

1) The deal wasn't supposed to start yet (he said he had to take down signage).
2) Prototype was mis-labelled (it was 19.99)...he said it was $34.99.

I was skeptical that he was sandbagging me, to get to buy them himself later, but he said he would put my name and number on them for when they came on sale. He also offered to sell me AC for the $5 for my troubles, but he couldn't give me Prototype. I was so flustered I walked away (which I regret now).[/QUOTE]

;) as well as offering my stash too! lol I'm so going to rip him apart when I get in next. And definitely find out what the hell was up ... its seems too strange.

[quote name='Dhuk']Someone found the new PSP assasin's creed used? really? Thats some luck. I heard the Avatar game was pure crap.[/QUOTE]

Oh is that not out yet? lol sorry I don't personal own a psp and when I was going through the computer at work for used prices it was on there... happened to me with wii-alice in wonderland game...it's in the computer listed used $29.99 and its not even out yet. lol *sigh* hwv... i'll fix it.

...I'll take a look at the metallic gh too. dbl check on the price.

Very disappointing trip. I found Resistance 2, Fallout 3, and 50-cent (PS3). All were marked over $30 but I had the clerk check their prices. Unfortunately they were all marked correctly according to the store's system.
So, yeah, some stores have different prices. This was a Movie Gallery by the way.

Also picked up Wanted for PS3. Didn't see that on the list, and it was marked 34.99, just decided I'd give it a shot, and I think she said it was 17.99? Whatever it rang up as, for $5 I thought I would try it. Also had them scan Mario Party 8 and Pokemon Battle Revolution, those were both still 34.99. It would be nice if those dropped before the end of this sale.

[quote name='The Linguist']Very disappointing trip. I found Resistance 2, Fallout 3, and 50-cent (PS3). All were marked over $30 but I had the clerk check their prices. Unfortunately they were all marked correctly according to the store's system.
So, yeah, some stores have different prices. This was a Movie Gallery by the way.[/QUOTE]
Does this promotion apply to Movie Galleries, too? If so, I won't have to drive out 30 minutes to my nearest HWV without a Game Crazy.

I was able to snag copies of SF4(360), Fallout 3(360), Mortal Kombat v.s. DC(360)
, and Resistance 2. The guy at my HWV was nice as hell but considering there is only two stores in IL left open the stock is pretty crappy. I took what was good. when do they usually have deals like this?

[quote name='sporty50']Just went to my Movie gallery and they had nothing left worth getting. The guy told me a guy bought 300 of the games on BF weekend.Talk about hoarding. That just sucked.[/QUOTE]

300 games, thats a bit much...I dont think movie gallery would even HAVE 300 used games, not worthwhile ones anyways..while a dealer is a possibility, I honestly think the cashiers are screwing with people when they say stuff like that.

To see the sweet sweet disappointment of just missing the precious :drool: in someones eyes probably adds much needed entertainment to an otherwise boring 8 hour day.

[quote name='The Linguist']Very disappointing trip. I found Resistance 2, Fallout 3, and 50-cent (PS3). All were marked over $30 but I had the clerk check their prices. Unfortunately they were all marked correctly according to the store's system.
So, yeah, some stores have different prices. This was a Movie Gallery by the way.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Does this promotion apply to Movie Galleries, too? If so, I won't have to drive out 30 minutes to my nearest HWV without a Game Crazy.[/QUOTE]
Yes, MGs are included in the sale.

As per Linguist's experience, MGs prices are different from HWV. So the prices listed by the hawt OP is YMMV.

These deals get harder and harder to work with as more time goes by. More people learn about the deal, more employees take more games, more stock is taken over time, etc.

[quote name='salazarmark']Yes I got a few games in MG.

As per Linguist's experience, MGs prices are different from HWV. So the prices listed by the hawt OP is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

They're not even consistent across Movie Galleries. A fellow CAG got the 50-Cent game for $4.99 during the Thanksgiving sale at a MG in our area, but at the store i went to it was $34.99.

just got

ps3

Call of Juarez Bound In Blood
AC
Virtua Tennis 3
NFS: Carbon
MLB 09 The Show
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Resistance Fall of Man

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 09
Midnight Club: LA
left 4 dead (earlier 2day)

ps, i know i took scribblenauts up to the counter, in the comMotion of getting 9 games and talking to the guy (real cool by the way), either i misplaced it or HE SNAGGED THE COPY FOR HIMSELF, as i was on the way home my wife went threw the game and she didnt see the game, we checked the reciept and it wasnt on there, I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED?????

bread's done
Back