Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread - Updated Throughout The Week!

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hello and welcome to the official Hollywood Video Deals Thread, brought to you by Thekrakrabbit and Cheap Ass Gamers around the world!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to be used to learn about and post about all deals that can be found at Hollywood Video stores around the nation. Feel free to post any deals you may have found, some details and your location and when I see it I will edit this post ASAP to let evetyone know about the money-saver. Please make sure that any deals you post about have your location included to help out fellow CAGs.

I wish you all the best of luck in your quest to be a CAG, and lets all save some cash!

Happy Hunting! :bomb:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Deal(s):

*PLEASE NOTE*
These deals will not work in Hollywood Video stores that have a "Gamecrazy" or "Movie Gallery" in them most of the time. 99% of the time, only standalone Hollywood Video stores or those with a "Gamezone" will run the deals. YMMV. Most of the time, Hollywood Video stores either alone, or with a "Gamezone". NOT Gamecrazy or Movie Gallery.

DVD Deals:

All Movies $12.99 or Less Are Discounted To $4.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
All Movies $9.99 or Less Are Discounted To $3.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
Buy Any Two (2) Movies, Get Two (2) Free (Priced $14.99 or less) (Needs coupon code up front)
Pre-Order Bonuses:

:360::360::360::360::360:

None!

Multiplatform:

None!

Xbox Live 12+1 Month Gold Cards - $39.99:

{Serious YMMV though, as not every Hollywood Video carries these Xbox Live cards, and not every store will have the same amount of stock. Not every store will have many, if they have any.}

New Copies of Madden NFL 10 - $39.99:

{Again, serious, serious, serious YMMV deal as this is not an official Hollywood Video deal and the odds of you scoring such a great steal are slim to none. Nevertheless, a solid deal if you can find it.}

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some games that qualify for the 4 for $20 sale: (just listing whats on the back of pamphlet we had at work + a few)

x360---
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Bee Movie
the Bigs
Bionicle Heroes
Blitz the League
Call of Duty 2
Chromehounds
Guitar Hero 3
Lego Indy
Rainbow Six vegas
Saints Row
Lost Planet
Crackdown
WWE SmackvRaw 08

ps3---
motorstorm

....oh I wanted to mention that with this deal (basically each game will be reduced to $5)...if you find only one or two that qualify that you want, you may be able to talk the sales rep to reducing those to $5 without having to buy 4 games. I WOULD DO IT at my store because any possible way to get rid of some inventory is great... but not all will...

I saw the HWV phamplet advertising this deal a few days back but discarded it. Did it say it was for used games only or also for new games?

Anyway, I remember seeing PSP Virtua Tennis 3 (New) at $9.99 when I was there.

If the deal's for new games, I might drop by again to see what I can find.

I believe it is for used games only. Doesn't matter if a new game price is $9.99 or lower, I think they just want to get rid of their used stock.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Thanks again, nice to have an insider.

Anyway, OP has been updated with new games! Who says HWV doesn't have deals? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Oh..sure...I thought you worked there as well? I guess I just assumed most people who host these official threads were already in the know.

In the OP it mentions the 13 month Xbox Live Gold cards For $39.99 but every store around me that has them mentions they are $49.99 will they ring up differently or is the $39.99 YMMV ?

Dawn: No, don't work there but I do a good job of knowing things that employees would, so no worries.

Derrick: Yes, that deal is very YMMV. Some HWV stores may not carry the cards, may not ring up right and some may ring up right. Only thing to do, as with every other YMMV is to try and see if it rings up as you want it to when you stop there.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I believe it is for used games only. Doesn't matter if a new game price is $9.99 or lower, I think they just want to get rid of their used stock.[/QUOTE]

damn, i thought this was for new games. Last used game i bought from HWV didnt work.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Bump once more to get off the third page. Some nice deals going on, come on guys and gals![/QUOTE]

Know any on PS3?

I pre-ordered TMNT: Smash Up earlier today (September 7th). Do I need to mention the thermos when I go to pick it up, or will it be bundled with the game?

I rarely pre-order games in-store so I'm fairly n00bish to this endeavor.

Thanks for any help!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Bump once more to get off the third page. Some nice deals going on, come on guys and gals![/QUOTE]
Aren't those the same deals that have been going on since the big $5 sale ended?

[quote name='dstan']I pre-ordered TMNT: Smash Up earlier today (September 7th). Do I need to mention the thermos when I go to pick it up, or will it be bundled with the game?

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

You may have to mention it when you pick it up, as it isn't part of the game, it is a HWV-specific deal.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Does this qualify for HWVs with gamecrazies with them?[/QUOTE]

Should not matter if a HWV has a GC or not.

[quote name='dstan']I pre-ordered TMNT: Smash Up earlier today (September 7th). Do I need to mention the thermos when I go to pick it up, or will it be bundled with the game?

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

Yes, mention it because sometimes the extras are shipped separately and they may forget. Last week I had some little "medal" thing that was a pre-order extra with a game come in a big box ALL by itself. Man, HV wastes so much on shipping. ;)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Should not matter if a HWV has a GC or not.[/QUOTE]

Uhh...yes it matters. they are pretty much seperate.

Actually, I do not believe it will matter if a HWV has a Gamecrazy in the store or not. I could be wrong, but that is just based off what I know about the deals.

If anything though, if the deal does not apply to one type of store, it will be ones with Gamecrazy's. This may be YMMV as far as getting the deals in HWVs with Gamecrazy's.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Actually, I do not believe it will matter if a HWV has a Gamecrazy in the store or not. I could be wrong, but that is just based off what I know about the deals.

If anything though, if the deal does not apply to one type of store, it will be ones with Gamecrazy's. This may be YMMV as far as getting the deals in HWVs with Gamecrazy's.[/QUOTE]

It matters. Gamecrazy's are seperate stores that have entirely different deals usually; some of the stores are directly attached to a HWV. HWV with a section of games in them is called a GameZone store which is where all of these deals originate.

My local movie gallery now has trade in 3 games (ps3 360 wii ds) get an extra $5.00 trade credit. Might be more than the systems listed. can't remember.

That's strange because GC has that promotion & they usually are exclusive. Can anyone confirm this at a HWV store? Maybe super_dawn knows.

[quote name='J7.']That's strange because GC has that promotion & they usually are exclusive. Can anyone confirm this at a HWV store? Maybe super_dawn knows.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...don't remember seeing anything about that. I'll check on Monday what the current deals are. Movie Gallery mostly has separate deals a lot of the time as well.

[quote name='agentorange14']My local movie gallery now has trade in 3 games (ps3 360 wii ds) get an extra $5.00 trade credit. Might be more than the systems listed. can't remember.[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, that does not apply to HWVs.

[quote name='stoned99']I wonder if the 5$ games can be flipped for profit using the GS trade 4/ +20 promotion.[/QUOTE]

Batman is the only game with TIV at $8 and the only one "worth flipping"

im just wondering... where has there been confirmation that lego batman isn't $5 at gamecrazy hwvs too?

the front post says its for stand-alone hwvs only but i haven't read confirmation on that anywhere i dont believe

[quote name='Galego23']Batman is the only game with TIV at $8 and the only one "worth flipping"[/QUOTE]
Infinite Undiscovery GS TIV $6
That and Lego Batman would be a $10---$24 flip, if paired up with 2 more games.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Tried to get the deal today and the manager told me it doesnt apply to every new game, basically just the 59.99 stuff.[/QUOTE]

exactly, this deal is TWO THUMBS DOWN just like i always give for HWV and GC!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='ballbarfer']exactly, this deal gets TWO THUMBS DOWN just like i always give for HWV and GC!!!!!!!!!! LAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ballbarfer']exactly, this deal is TWO THUMBS DOWN just like i always give for HWV and GC!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Two questions..
1) A bit pretentious to think that your opinion of HWV deals are so profound that they matter to an entire internet community, don't you think?
2) Is it really necessary to lend this "profound" opinion to two separate threads, when it is put in both threads word-for word?

Thanks ballbarfer, you have cleared up ALL the confusion about this deal and added a multitude of useful information to the thread. My prayers have been answered.

At my Hollywood video they had a huge sign that says all new games are $19.99 or less but someone beat me there and bought anything that was even remotely decent. I confirm the signage by asking the workers about it and they said every new game is $19.99 or less.

Every new game $19.99 or less? I will not post it yet, as that does not even seem right. That means I could go there, pick out any new game and it would be $19.99 or less....or I'm I missing something?

This doesn't apply to "all new games" as OP claimed. I stopped in after work and bought a copy of Infinite Undiscovery for $9.99 and there was no discount. Still a mighty good deal on a game I am interested in.

an updated thread title would go a long ways towards folks realizing that this thread is keeping up with the current promotions.

Yea will it could be YMMV but yup the guy said all new games $19.99 with no exceptions and the store look like it was clean thoroughly as I remember going a month back and they had a good selection left. This was a Hollywood Video only no Gamecrazy .

[quote name='Sonichigh']Yea will it could be YMMV but yup the guy said all new games $19.99 with no exceptions and the store look like it was clean thoroughly as I remember going a month back and they had a good selection left. This was a Hollywood Video only no Gamecrazy .[/QUOTE]
This happened at my HWV, but I don't think it is what the rest of you are thinking. The HWV by me one night had the regular set up that had been there forever, and then I went back the next day at open, the last day of the $5 game promo, and they had a bunch of the "all new games 19.99" signs up and they had shipped out everything that was more expensive.
And a comment on the OP, can we stop posting every random thing that people say might be the deal at HWV, and instead get real info up that has been confirmed by some of the HWV employees that are CAGS. The info in this thread is ridiculously confusing, and doesn't seem to be kept up to date. I think this is a good idea for a thread, I just think the OP is not kept up very well.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']^^^

Should have added YMMV, as recent word has said that not all stores is doing the discount.[/QUOTE]

I went to two HWVs today and found PS3 Lair, Lego Batman, and X360 Infinite Undiscovery. I tried to buy all three at the first one and he would only give $5 off one game, he said that was the promo and was for one game only. The second store said exactly the same thing, but they allowed me to do separate transactions so I could get $5 off each game. So who knows what the official policy is on this deal.

PS3 Lego Indy is also 9.99 and qualifies for the $5 off.

bread's done
Back